Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I also call hacking and cheating. Chrom can't legitimately be going up that fast. It's ridiculous.

Chrom won against Alfonse pretty handily, so many Chrom supporters may have horded Flags.  Ephraim vs Leo was a lot closer, so more Ephraim peeps may have used Flags to keep him ahead.

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Rather than hacking, the easier way is just to create multiple accounts for those flags :/

I honestly don't feel that that's much different from actual cheating. Not everyone has multiple devices that can play the game or anything.

Also, why go for the boring blue haired sword prince which we've seen so many times? Ephraim is so much more different and cooler. He's more badass too, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I honestly don't feel that that's much different from actual cheating. Not everyone has multiple devices that can play the game or anything.

Who needs multiple devices when people can probably open multiple emulators on their PC? Though I don't think many people are using this method. 

Just now, Kiran said:

Who needs multiple devices when people can probably open multiple emulators on their PC? Though I don't think many people are using this method. 

That still would be wrong since it's surely illegal and not only cheating.

Aren't you all being kind of harsh on Chrom? Like, automatically calling his followers hackers/cheaters just because he's winning? I'm under the impression that Team Chrom is under an adrenaline rush after it became apparent they actually have a shot at winning this. It's not too surprising to believe that Team Chrom is simply spamming battle every 30 minutes super diligently and using their flags finally (Since Lucina will win no matter what and it won't make a difference against her, but it can change the outcome vs Ephraim).

People, please don't create multiple accounts. This should be a fair battle, one that we can leave satisfied even if we lose. Most likely earlier in the day, Team Ephraim had a lead because of the time-zone. Some place that supports Chrom probably woke up while major Team Ephraim support is probably asleep. 

Edited by Kiran

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

Aren't you all being kind of harsh on Chrom? Like, automatically calling his followers hackers/cheaters just because he's winning? I'm under the impression that Team Chrom is under an adrenaline rush after it became apparent they actually have a shot at winning this. It's not too surprising to believe that Team Chrom is simply spamming battle every 30 minutes super diligently and using their flags finally (Since Lucina will win no matter what and it won't make a difference against her, but it can change the outcome vs Ephraim).

You also need to consider how rapidly fast these scores are comming in. it went from 30 million or so points away to somehow overtaking ephraim in under Some hours. this is really fast for before a day.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That still would be wrong since it's surely illegal and not only cheating.

Emulators are not illegal.

Additionally, many users such as myself use full Android OS's they can download on their PC (Pheonix and Remix OS).

Just now, Lushen said:

Emulators are not illegal.

Additionally, many users such as myself use full Android OS's they can download on their PC (Pheonix and Remix OS).

Emulating the game is illegal because you're playing it on an unauthorized device. I don't think this game is meant for anything but phones and some tablets.

Seriously?! Chrom surpassed Ephraim now? I don't really want to assume other people are going as far as to cheat in order to make Chrom win, though. I can't believe that Chrom scores are boosting up that fast... Go Ephraim, no losing here!! 

Edited by Luxian

I cannot conclusively say whether or not Team Chrom is using any unsportsmanlike methods, but Android Emulator is literally how many developers write code for Android phones, especially to test that the software works on multiple versions of Android OS. Emulators are never really illegal---it's the ROMs that are, in context of FE. In this case, Heroes is free, so the issue of piracy is not a thing.

You could say that the people who may be emulating to help their team win is doing it unethically and is a show of poor sportsmanship and yes, indeed, wrong to do so, but illegal is not one of them.

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

You also need to consider how rapidly fast these scores are comming in. it went from 30 million or so points away to somehow overtaking ephraim in under Some hours. this is really fast for before a day.

I don't think it's too surprising. If you think about it logically, when the team you're supporting is a stone's throw away from winning the round, and needs just a slight push to win, wouldn't most people get really excited and do their best to spam battles as much as possible? More of the casuals would probably feel inclined to spend flags as well, since the flags matters way more here than the other matches. It was probably slow earlier due to Chrom's fanbase being either asleep or them accepting that they couldn't win, until it became apparent that they could if they tried.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Conversely there was a reddit section dedicated to insulting Ephraim and rallying troops for Chrom. Not to mention how skimmingly they're passing us as if a bunch of people made new accounts that have no friends so they're only contributing a very little amount which makes sense for how they're barely passing us. I guess we can tone it down a little though.

Spoiler

Cries self to sleep

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

Maybe it's demographics.  If Ephraim is more popular in Japan, and Chrom is more popular in the West that could explain it.  Over in America, the early part of this gauntlet was in the early AM hours and is just now beginning the afternoon, so a large part of his fan-base might just be starting to play.

I'm on team Eirika, now, so I don't really have a horse in the race on the Prince side.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

This. Also consider that Ephraim's supporters could easily do that same. There would also have to be a lot of people doing this because the flag quests aren't all particularly easy to complete in an efficient manner.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

30 million is nothing in the face of what the rate of increase was on the first day—and that wasn't even with everyone spending all their flags.

If chrom somehow keeps getting 10 million more points then ephraim 10 hours from now. i will officially call multi account cheating. since ephraims are most likely going to start using all their flags now.

Whoa yes Go Go chrom!!!

Chrom's beating Ephraim by 4M. @Anacybele It is rude to call Chrom fans cheaters just because you're salty that Chrom Team made a comeback. I think the flags and hype are winning here. Most Ephraim supporters used their flags to avoid Leo beating Ephraim, and most Chrom users have theirs in the game. I spent them all because of rank but I believe Chrom winning is legit honest.

I'm going to hold out until tomorrow morning. If Chrom is still beating Ephraim....I will splurge ALL my flags.

The next update is key. Team Ephraim sees that Team Chrom has finally surpassed them. Will we retaliate and take back the lead? 

This is starting to feel like the US election....

I'm hoping Ephraim wins, but there's no reason to think that Chrom/Ephraim supports are hacking/cheating more than the other side.  Whatever one team is doing, the other team probably has the same amount of that going on.