Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

How do people even get such a high score.

I am out of points...

Do people literally just save up for one round.

I did for the most part, but I didn't save about 105-110 so I won't be getting top score, but it will most likely be my best showing.

4 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

How do people even get such a high score.

I am out of points...

Do people literally just save up for one round.

Yes, that's the basically the strategy to get high rank.

Just now, FoliFF said:

Yes, that's the basically the strategy to get high rank.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I did for the most part, but I didn't save about 105-110 so I won't be getting top score, but it will most likely be my best showing.

How much extra score do using the bonus heroes ... get.

whelp.. hanging at 50K for the final round. I want to at least meet the 30-50K .... hopefully range.

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

How much extra score do using the bonus heroes ... get.

whelp.. hanging at 50K for the final round. I want to at least meet the 30-50K .... hopefully range.

10 extra points to your base score which adds another thousand if you use 100 flags.

On that note, I am down to 20 flags.

Edited by Arthur97

‘’I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.’’
- Abraham Lincoln, Team Ephraim Supporter
While in earlier rounds Ephraim may of had a chance of beating Lucina, the epic battle with Chrom left him exhausted and had many players use up their flags in order to win. It was always expected that Lucina would likely win by a landslide ever since the start, but the dream was to have someone actually topple Lucina. I don't blame players for wanting easy feathers or finding Lucina more likable than Ephraim. I like Lucina myself and may have even joined her cause. However, Sacred Stones was my first Fire Emblem game and I had Ephraim, so I had to support him.

I am content with Ephraim being second, but this sudden "feather increase" for rewards for the final round is a low blow. Everyone who was fighting to win the current rounds and carry the team to the final is getting screwed over by those who waited. My original plan was to spread out my flag distribution to get decent team rankings, but with Chrom and Ephraim being neck and neck last round, I decided to burn all of my remaining flags so Ephraim can stay in the lead. If I knew the finals would have greater rewards, I would have conserved some flags to maintain a decent ranking.

As it stands, I'll still fight for Team Ephraim, if just to maintain my cumulative score (since that will remain fairly competitive since I used up all my flags, now it will be solely battle based). That will also help out my measly Team Ranking, and if I'm lucky I can make it within the top 70k by just using daily flags and fighting as much as possible. That's an extra 400 feathers on top of the usual 1000 for just participating! Some Ephraim supporters may be tired out, but if they will sit out the final round, then there is more of a chance for me to get some sort of rank.

But yeah, as for future events, a part of me would really like to see the number of players supporting each army. Then, maybe even a system that adjusts scores based on the number of players (so the less players, the more score per battle they obtain). This should make future Battle Gauntlets more balanced and competitive, like the epic Ephraim vs Chrom match, and less like Lucina facerolling over everybody. Where's the fun if you can not lose or fail (or have a chance at winning)?

Looks like Lord Ephraim was destined to R.I.P. before the war even began. How depressing is that? All of his supporters were only pushing him closer to ultimate defeat in a battle against Lucina.

Of course, I'm still going to participate, but it is a little disheartening.

After all is done, can someone make a total of everyone else scores Vs Lucina's scores? I won't be surprised even if Lucina surpassed that as well. Or maybe everyone united may just be enough to surpassed her.

Edited by IMCasual

In the next gauntlet. I'm just going to jump on the biggest bandwagon as soon as possible. I personally don't care for some popularity contest. I just want feathers.

Well, I kind of lost hope on Ephraim when the Chrom horde pushed us into spending flags. I didn't really expect that... (I'm kind of ignorant around the whole Awakening hype since I haven't played it).

The truth is, the match with Lucina was only viable if people gathered around Ephraim in the second round, which, clearly, didn't happen. I guess that, for future reference, we should only bet on girls from now on? I dunno, but thats the vibe I got from this gauntlet overall.

12 minutes ago, Raven said:

In the next gauntlet. I'm just going to jump on the biggest bandwagon as soon as possible. I personally don't care for some popularity contest. I just want feathers.

Well, being in the biggest bandwagon means more competition for the feathers in the character's own ranking. But I get what you mean... Even now I'm not sure having an advantage in the characters personal ranking beats getting 3x500 feathers for sure at the end of the event.

(To answer that, when this gauntlet is over, maybe we could ask people how many feathers they made and which character they supported each round)

Edited by r4v1sh

40 minutes ago, Raven said:

The salt is real with this one

I'm not really one for the whole, "jump on our team cause every one else is and you're gonna get 500 feathers" strat. I prefer to support the underdog(s), just in case some miracle happens.

Chrom and Ephraim have that friendly rivalry/bromance.
Lucina is the evil tyrant no one can dissobey.
Sharena and Eirika are Vanguard that tried to buy the innocent commoners time to flee.
Leo got a shock of reality that he's not as great as he thought he was.
Alphonse cried in a corner before his decapitation.
Elise is just happy to get a participation medal.

4 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Sharena and Eirika are Vanguard that tried to buy the innocent commoners time to flee.

More like Alfonse never showed up lol

9 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Lol this was great.  Elise really cracked me up.

14 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

This is great! I cracked up reading this. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Ephraim just could not hold out against two Awakening characters.

Even if we add in Ephraim's scores from the last match, Lucina will still win. Heck, now that I said that, even if all the one who lost united probably still can't beat Lucina. Going against Lucina is like going against the entirely of Awakening itself. 

I'm pretty sure most people who started on team Ephraim burned their flags already to maintain their lead against Chrom. People who started on a losing team could be out of flags, too, depending on which team they started with. Lucina had been having landslide one-sided victory, so she probably didn't need to rely on her flags.

Just saying, that's probably a second reason why the score is as one-sided as it is now.

15 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Pretty much XD

Now, let's take some pop corn as memes of Ephraim dumping Eirika for Chrom begin to spawn

8 minutes ago, IMCasual said:

Even if we add in Ephraim's scores from the last match, Lucina will still win. Heck, now that I said that, even if all the one who lost united probably still can't beat Lucina. Going against Lucina is like going against the entirely of Awakening itself. 

Fair enough, but good old Chrom did make our job easier...well, easier than it would have been.

Edited by Arthur97

2 hours ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Unless coronation is a thing. Then he remains a Prince until he's coronated.

Not entirely true.  Edward V of England was never coronated, but he was still considered king after his dad died, until his uncle supplanted him.