Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

I'm definitely going to give my Leo Knock back for the kiting with Brynhildr. Or any healer with gravity. Opponents will be debuffed to only move one space and also knocked back so that meele Units can never reach my Leo.

Im also looking forward to giving my Hector and Effi Pivot to give them better movement. If you can also Inherit weapons Effi is going to get a brave lance+ to let her kill most non green Units in one hit.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want Sharena to have Luna if possible. I’ll likely sacrifice Frederick for it because he’s become a liability for me. Maybe give over one of the Wings of Mercy skills as well.

I might also sacrifice Peri to give Glimmer to Nino unless I think of a better special.

Long story short, I want Sharena and Nino to have specials.

6 hours ago, Nathair said:

I'm definitely going to give my Leo Knock back for the kiting with Brynhildr. Or any healer with gravity. Opponents will be debuffed to only move one space and also knocked back so that meele Units can never reach my Leo.

Im also looking forward to giving my Hector and Effi Pivot to give them better movement. If you can also Inherit weapons Effi is going to get a brave lance+ to let her kill most non green Units in one hit.

from what ive seen units can only inherit skills if they have same movment and same weapon. so hector can only really inherit akills from sheena atm

6 minutes ago, Shiro said:

from what ive seen units can only inherit skills if they have same movment and same weapon. so hector can only really inherit akills from sheena atm

From @FE_Heroes_JP:

また、引き継ぎ先の英雄の武器種や移動タイプによってはスキルを引き継げない場合があります。

"Furthermore, some skills cannot be transferred due to the receiving character's weapon type or movement type," or more literally, "Furthermore, the situation exists where a skill cannot be transferred due to the receiving character's weapon type or movement type."

The wording in Japanese is rather clear that weapon type and movement type is not necessarily a lock on every skill.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

From @FE_Heroes_JP:

"Furthermore, some skills cannot be transferred due to the receiving character's weapon type or movement type," or more literally, "Furthermore, the situation exists where a skill cannot be transferred due to the receiving character's weapon type or movement type."

The wording in Japanese is rather clear that weapon type and movement type is not necessarily a lock on every skill.

hmmm ok thanks for that hopefully i can add different skills to my catria then xD other than spear user skills and my hector can get better skills as well

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

From @FE_Heroes_JP:

Frankly we just don't really know. Its a twitter post in a foreign language. They were trying to condense info into very tiny posts and things don't always translate over to English well before that post size limitation even. I've seen two very different interpretations of what was said on their twitter, both equally valid.

There's no real point in planning imo until its out. Just don't send anybody home and lets find out what's what then.

29 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Frankly we just don't really know. Its a twitter post in a foreign language. They were trying to condense info into very tiny posts and things don't always translate over to English well before that post size limitation even. I've seen two very different interpretations of what was said on their twitter, both equally valid.

There's no real point in planning imo until its out. Just don't send anybody home and lets find out what's what then.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The wording in Japanese is rather clear

I'm not interpreting the English translation of the Japanese, I'm interpreting the Japanese itself.

In regards to the post size limitation on Twitter, they split the information across multiple posts. Reading the content of the posts, it does not appear that they were in any want of space.

To say "skills cannot be transferred to characters with different weapon types and movement types" also uses notably different wording.

The only possibility of ambiguity is the fact that Japanese teasers have a habit of "teasing" with its choice of language, but that's typically reserved for "ooh, maybe this will be in the game" and not "maybe you won't be able to do this cool thing after all". I can't say it's out of the question, but it's incredibly unlikely.

I'm going to immediately experiment with the "bad" units to make them really work.

Sophia with Wary Fighter and Rauorraven for instance. She'll suddenly be one-shotting Takumi and will actually be pretty tanky due to high HP/DEF/RES for a caster. Or Darting Blow + Brave Bow on someone like a SPD+ Virion.

50 minutes ago, DLuna said:

I'm going to immediately experiment with the "bad" units to make them really work.

Sophia with Wary Fighter and Rauorraven for instance. She'll suddenly be one-shotting Takumi and will actually be pretty tanky due to high HP/DEF/RES for a caster. Or Darting Blow + Brave Bow on someone like a SPD+ Virion.

If you want to swap Virion's weapon, give him a Killer Blow instead, for lower-cooldown Astra.  With Olivia dancing for him, he shouldn't have problems with doubling, unless you're trying to burst down Lon'qu or something equally silly.

Speaking of Lon'qu, I'd love to read some suggestions on how to improve him via inheritance. He's a favorite of mine, but other than being really fast he seems too weak and fragile to be of great use. Any ideas for skills that could boost his usefulness? If I could make him hit harder and/or last longer than one round of combat I'd bump him to 5 stars in a heartbeat.

Finally I can get rid of Ephraim's redundant seal def skill and switch it with vantage. Add defiant atk (as he will probably be under 50% after the first attack due to being so slow) and his already built in threaten def, and watch Ephraim start steamrolling. Thinking about switching his natural moonbow with Luna as it is stronger and has a possibly more fitting charge time of 3 turns. Thankfully I have doubles of units with the needed skills. This skill inheritance is going to be hard on hoarders and collectors like me, who like to keep at least one copy of every unit.

Well, I'm currently looking at Alfonse with Quick Riposte, as with it he will actually ORKO most 1-range reds or greens, and, if enemy doubled him, he will also have Folkvangr-buffed Sol ready. Maybe even replace his Spur Atk with something like Threaten Atk for survivability.

Also, replacing Reinhardt's Vantage with Wary Fighter. Suddenly his 18 speed no longer gets him doubled, and Dire Thunder is not affected anyway. And he is bulky enough to take a hit or two.

For Lon'qu, maybe giving him Armored Blow? Or Defense +. Gives him a bit more survivability.

15 hours ago, Kiran said:

Finally I can get rid of Ephraim's redundant seal def skill and switch it with vantage. Add defiant atk (as he will probably be under 50% after the first attack due to being so slow) and his already built in threaten def, and watch Ephraim start steamrolling. Thinking about switching his natural moonbow with Luna as it is stronger and has a possibly more fitting charge time of 3 turns. Thankfully I have doubles of units with the needed skills. This skill inheritance is going to be hard on hoarders and collectors like me, who like to keep at least one copy of every unit.

Arthur will still JUSTICE him over the head with an axe) But I think he will be just about the only 1-range guy who can.

2 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Arthur will still JUSTICE him over the head with an axe) But I think he will be just about the only 1-range guy who can.

Arthur, meet Roy. Though Roy may not be able to ORKO him, Arthur is certainly going to do no damage.  That reminds me, I still have no idea what to do with Roy. He needs more attack and speed. Probably darting blow, which would push his 31 spd to 37, and threaten def. Not sure what to give him in the b-slot or the special. 

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Arthur, meet Roy. Though Roy may not be able to ORKO him, Arthur is certainly going to do no damage.  That reminds me, I still have no idea what to do with Roy. He needs more attack and speed. Probably darting blow, which would push his 31 spd to 37, and threaten def. Not sure what to give him in the b-slot or the special. 

Didn't mean that he will counter everyone, just that he will JUSTICE Ephraim)

Also, Ursula's GHB really shows that an armor with Wings of Mercy will be fkin hard to deal with. Fuck that Lunatic GHB and it's requirements of having a tough, dmaging, physical 2-range char (basically Kagero/Saizo/Gordin) on a team.

Just now, Kruggov said:

Didn't mean that he will counter everyone, just that he will JUSTICE Ephraim)

Also, Ursula's GHB really shows that an armor with Wings of Mercy will be fkin hard to deal with. Fuck that Lunatic GHB and it's requirements of having a tough, dmaging, physical 2-range char (basically Kagero/Saizo/Gordin) on a team.

I used F!Robin, Nowi, Ephraim, and Lissa to clear it before. It's certainly possible without a physical two-range char. I actually like this map a lot better then the Narcian map which required you to have a unit to tank that first barrage of attacks. 

Anyway...Hana with escape route or desperation. Though I'm leaning towards desperation. It'll essentially allow Hana to take out a one-range unit during the enemy phase and another unit in the next player phase. Have the remaining 3 units take care of the other two. Or bring Lissa/Wrys along for rehabilitation and suddenly Hana can go for more. 

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

I used F!Robin, Nowi, Ephraim, and Lissa to clear it before. It's certainly possible without a physical two-range char. I actually like this map a lot better then the Narcian map which required you to have a unit to tank that first barrage of attacks. 

Yeah, Narcian's map was super dumb if you didn't have Camilla to just dive in through the mountain, since it was either M!Robin or bust for surviving turn 1. I didn't like that map.

I'm planning on decking out my Reinhardt with Green Tomebreaker (replaces Vantage, which he honestly doesn't need), Death Blow from Ursula, then maybe Pull Back or something like that.

I am anxiously waiting for inheritance to kill every Laslow I got. Will burning him to give Erika Sol be worthwhile?

1 hour ago, L9999 said:

I am anxiously waiting for inheritance to kill every Laslow I got. Will burning him to give Erika Sol be worthwhile?

Eirika's damage output is her biggest weakness, so I think something from the Luna line would benefit her more.

5 hours ago, L9999 said:

Well, the first problem is that Laslow doesn't have Sol, haha. Second, I agree with Satsuma that her damage output is too low to effectively use Sol. Try Luna or the Draconic series.

4 minutes ago, Mister Cold said:

Wasn't it suppose to be released today?

16th.

16 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Well, the first problem is that Laslow doesn't have Sol, haha. Second, I agree with Satsuma that her damage output is too low to effectively use Sol. Try Luna or the Draconic series.

16th.

OK, Daylight and Moonlight. (They do the same thing as Sol, does it matter?) Any skills that Jagen and Donnel have that are valuable for others? I want to burn them like Sigurd BBQ in the future.

Edited by L9999

7 minutes ago, L9999 said:

OK, Daylight and Moonlight. (They do the same thing as Sol, does it matter?) Any skills that Jagen and Donnel have that are valuable for others? I want to burn them in the future.

Fury is good if you want a stupid gimmick build.  Drag Back is friggin' amazing - have someone attack and pull the enemy towards your waiting party!  Reciprocal Aid is situationally useful, but works best on someone with a Defiant skill IMO.

Just now, L9999 said:

OK, Daylight and Moonlight. (They do the same thing as Sol, does it matter?) Any skills that Jagen and Donnel have that are valuable for others? I want to burn them in the future.

30% heal and 50% heal is a difference. I'm feeling the difference whenever Laslow procs it and he has much higher offense than her. The dude would really love a buff on that (or Luna/Aether since he has something called bulk unlike Lucina).

Jagen's Aegis is probably the best of his. Fortify Res, while okay, is eh since Linde, Nino, and Tharja, the biggest Arena offenders, have too high of magic to really try to defend against unless the unit is already a Res tank.

Donnel... uh... Guess the Brave Lance could go onto someone. Drag Back could be okay to pull an enemy towards your team so you can kill them off. An issue would be if you're in a small area or narrow passageway so you can't activate it. HP+ would go to bulkier units and/or units with Breaker and that's about it. Reciprocal Aid, as Eclipse said, has situational use for Defiant or Martyr.

I'm not sure if these are going to be possible but Eldigan with Reprisal, Tiki with Wary Fighter, Ursula with Blarblade, Ninian with Miracle + Fury and Minerva with Defiant Atk sound pretty good.

Edited by HyperBowser