Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Oh snap, really? How much is that going to cost her in SP?

So I have to have 3 different units with Vantage? One with 1, one with 2 and one with 3? And kill them off for her to get Vantage 3? Thats crazy.

75 + 150 + 300 = 525 SP.

No, you can feed her one 4⋆ Lon'qu or Reinhardt or one 5⋆ Gordin and check all three ranks.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SP grinding for these new skills is painful. My main arena team had no problem since they've been gathering SP for weeks, but my Roy and Ninian are struggling to get the required SP as they're already level 40

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

75 + 150 + 300 = 525 SP.

No, you can feed her one 4⋆ Lon'qu or Reinhardt or one 5⋆ Gordin and check all three ranks.

Oh dang, that's a of sp haha. I have about 450 on her and she's a level 40. Guess I got to give her some more kills haha. But thats good XD, it would be crazy if you had to do it one by one lol. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

What would you guys say are some good skills for Cecilia to learn? What about Jaffar? Sorry for all the questions haha, just want to make sure I get this right. XD

What do you want out of them?  Figure out how they work in your team, and the answer is a lot easier.

Sacrifices

Man, sacrificing some of these units are hard because I eventually want to merge some of them. However, thinking "realistically," when will I ever get enough feathers to get a solid 5* team and then begin the merging process "for fun?" So, into the grinder they go...

Subaki -> Ryoma (Swap)
Beruka -> Ephraim (Defiant DEF 1-3)
Abel -> Ephraim (Swordbreaker 1-3)
Cherche -> Ephraim (Pivot || Attack 1, Fortify DEF 1)
Chrom -> Anna (Daylight, Sol)

Other Comments

1. Looking for a particular skill? Double check other characters who also have the same skill. They may have their "3rd Tier" unlocked at 4* rank instead of 5*.
2. SP Gain rather low? Take advantage of leveling up characters before unlocking their potentials if possible. Alternatively, merge characters together to get a stat boost and extra SP!

Also, I'm gonna post my latest theorycrafts before getting some much needed sleep. I discussed most of the details elsewhere, so I'll just post the skills here. I am unsure if there are any changes from then and now.

Spoiler

Ephraim		Siegmund	|| Moonbow, Pivot*		|| Defiant DEF*, Swordbreaker*, Threaten DEF
Ryoma		Raijinto	|| Astra, Swap*			|| Defiant ATT, Vantage*, Hone ATT*

Eirika		Sieglinde	|| Noontime*, Rally DEF*	|| Distant Counter*, Renewal*, Hone SPD
[Non-Optimized IV] Marth	Falchion	|| Escutcheon*, Pivot		|| Death Blow*, Escape Route, Spur SPD
[Non-Optimized IV] Camilla	Brave Axe+	|| Draconic Aura, A. Sacrifice*	|| Darting Blow, Desperation*, Savage Blow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[4*] Alfonse	Fólkvangr	|| Glimmer*, Pivot*		|| Defiant SPD*, Seal DEF*, Threaten SPD*
[5*] Sharena	Fensalir	|| Luna*, Rally Attack		|| Death Blow*, Renewal*, Fortify DEF
[4*] Anna	Nóatún		|| Sol*, Rally Speed*		|| Armored Blow*, Seal ATT*, Fortify RES*

[4*] Viron	Silver Bow+	|| Astra, Harsh Command*	|| Darting Blow*, Seal DEF*, Spur Atk*
[4*] Matthew	Rogue Dagger+ 	|| Galeforce*, Reciprocal Aid	|| Close Counter*, Poison Strike, Spur SPD

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What do you want out of them?  Figure out how they work in your team, and the answer is a lot easier.

Hmm, well Jaffar is really good at picking people off long range, but has a weakness towards magic, due to the low Res and HP...are they're any good skills I can teach him to help that?

Cecilia is kinda the same, I keep her around as a blue fighter, as Lyn sometimes has a hard time taking them out, but she is low in the HP department as well. So, maybe an HP plus skill? I don't know.

Guess I have to give this more thought. I just don't want to waste SP on a skill that won't turn out to be that helpful lol.

Edit: What do you guys think about giving Jaffar a Tomebreaker?

Edited by Dylan Corona

It looks like the B skill of Drag Back is restricted to melee weapons only. (probably already known) Was hoping to do something cheesy with it and a ranged unit

Savage Blow is passable to range characters as well, but of course you're giving up a 5* Camilla, Narcian, and Leo for it.

I might give Sharena Drag Back for her B skill or Seal Def and probably give Abel, Swap for his assist, Fury for his A and something C skill. I'm probably going to still go with Seal Speed for my Felicia along with Drag Back for her assist.

Skill inheritance is kinda punishing me right now because I'm hoarding gems and not rolling so therefore I don't have a lot of duplicates or characters.

14 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Hmm, well Jaffar is really good at picking people off long range, but has a weakness towards magic, due to the low Res and HP...are they're any good skills I can teach him to help that?

Cecilia is kinda the same, I keep her around as a blue fighter, as Lyn sometimes has a hard time taking them out, but she is low in the HP department as well. So, maybe an HP plus skill? I don't know.

Guess I have to give this more thought. I just don't want to waste SP on a skill that won't turn out to be that helpful lol.

Jaffar needs to attack in order to make the most of his weapon.  If his issue is magical units, Warding Blow will help.

Cecilia should challenge either colorless or blue.  Green is acceptable, if it's a low-Res unit that can't counterattack.  Since her Speed is terrible, fixing that won't help too much.  Neither will going after her pretty bad Defense.  HP is workable, but she has better options IMO.  I'd aim to make her a player-phase nuke with Death Blow, since her innately decent Attack is one of her few redeeming features.  Fury is also an option, if you plan on abusing Escape Route.  I'd also suggest Lancebreaker, so that she can double physical blue units (the worst possible unit type for Lyn to face).

3 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Donnel has the highest stat total of all non 1-move units. His original skills suck but now the sky is the limit.

Will this be the age of aquiDonnelia?

Drag Back is amazing.  Everything else, not so much.  Brave+ Reciprocal Aid begs for Defiant Atk.

Still meh IMO, but at least he's interesting.

Edited by eclipse

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Ninian can actually get Nowi's Lightning Breath, that's huge! Her main attack is Light Breath, which is the same as Fae's. Can anyone test if shf can also get Tiki's weapon attack?

She can.

Edit: Thoughts on which Abel to feed M!Robin for Swordbreaker 3? I have Level 40 4* Abel that's +HP/-Res and one that's newer that's +Atk/-Def. +HP helps Swordbreaker and overall bulk, +Atk has better synergy with the Brave Lance. I would settle for the new Sully I got but I encounter neutral Attack M!Robin's enough that Swordbreaker 2 won't cut it.

Edited by Dual Dragons

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Jaffar needs to attack in order to make the most of his weapon.  If his issue is magical units, Warding Blow will help.

Cecilia should challenge either colorless or blue.  Green is acceptable, if it's a low-Res unit that can't counterattack.  Since her Speed is terrible, fixing that won't help too much.  Neither will going after her pretty bad Defense.  HP is workable, but she has better options IMO.  I'd aim to make her a player-phase nuke with Death Blow, since her innately decent Attack is one of her few redeeming features.  Fury is also an option, if you plan on abusing Escape Route.  I'd also suggest Lancebreaker, so that she can double physical blue units (the worst possible unit type for Lyn to face).

Wow, thanks! That's just what I was looking for. It gives me a good starting place to look into. You rock! I for sure thing Warding Blow should help my Jaffar a lot, as he always seems to fall to magic units before anything else.

I shall look into those skills you said for Cecilia, Lancebreaker seems like a really good idea for me, as she is really only used for taking down blues, at least on my team lol.

Thanks again!

So some thoughts on what we might be seeing soon:

• Cheers Luv, the Cavalry Mages are here. Take Nino, Tharja and Odin's tomes away, and give them to Cecilia, Leo and Olwen/Reinhardt. You now have 3 mounted mages with full color coverage, who can all get buffed by Hone Cavalry (Atk/Spd +6) and Fortify Cavalry (Def/Res +6). That means they can all travel 3 spaces and drop a fat nuke of +24 damage on anyone not explicitly tailored to beat mages. Oh, and give them all Moonbow for shits and giggles, inflicting Def/Res -30% every 3 actions (increased from the default 2), and no amount of Resilience will save you.
  • Archers more OP than in Fate/stay night. They can all have Gordin/Klein's Brave Bow+ now. Skills may include Close Counter, Death Blow, Vantage, Tomebreakers, Quick Riposte, Savage Blow, and whatever specials tickle your fancy. Fliers will likely be able to inherit Michalis's Svalinn Shield to get rid of the bow weakness, but will it really matter when archers can one shot them without it?
  • The "I can survive a nuclear apocalypse" club. In what's looking to become a one-shot meta, the few characters who can take a hit and survive it could become the counter meta. Quite literally, since you can stick Counters on them all and let your opponents kill themselves on your team. Special shout out to Effie; You thought she hit hard before, wait until you see her with Brave Lance+, a Special to proc, and Hone Armor buffs. The only thing harder than deciding between Death Blow 3 and Distant Counter will be Effie's herculean musculature. 
  • The "Coldsteel the Hedgeheg" Defense Meta. Just when you thought you were safe, it turns out the entire enemy team was equipped with Wings of Mercy, Escape Route, Lunge, Drag Back, Smite and Pivot. *Olivia casually tosses Effie over a mountain.* *Lucina Teleports behind you* "psssh... nothin personnel... kid..." 
  • Dragons are Eternal. All the Dragons can now inherit Nowi and Adult Tiki's Lightning Breath+ and Corrin(F)'s Dark Breath+. Is there any reason to use Adult Tiki when Young Tiki can steal her weapon and has higher BST? Not to mention, Dragons are already tanky enough to survive all but the fattest of nukes. Now you can equip them with more practical specials, give them all Assist skills, give them Fortify Dragons (Def/Res +6) or Threaten skills for C, Vantage or Quick Riposte for B, and Death Blow or Fury for A. As is proper for a team of dragons, however, achieving this will take a mountain of gold, considering the number of Ninians and Tikis you would want to roll. This is an endeavor for whales with more sophisticated tastes. 

May the Gods have mercy on our souls.

Edited by Razputin13

Would Vantage be good on Julia, or Bowbreaker? I feel like Bowbreaker turning her into anti-Vantage Takumi is really useful, but having Vantage of her own sounds pretty good as well, especially since Reinhardt ORKOs Takumi already. Or should I shoot for Wings of Mercy for the clutch kills after all? She does have Reposition, too.

Others:

Lucina: Swap, Desperation 3
Sharena: Noontime, Quick Riposte 2
Reinhardt: Drag Back, Fury 3

59 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

SP grinding for these new skills is painful. My main arena team had no problem since they've been gathering SP for weeks, but my Roy and Ninian are struggling to get the required SP as they're already level 40

Yeah... one tip would be, when they're still low level, to just auto fight a bunch of of the low level stratums. They'll be too high leveled to get much exp, but they'd still get SP on kills.

Edit: I mean, it's a useless tip right now since they're 40 already, but it's not like you're only ever going to use your current characters.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Yeah... one tip would be, when they're still low level, to just auto fight a bunch of of the low level stratums. They'll be too high leveled to get much exp, but they'd still get SP on kills.

What level would a level 40 have to fight to get SP? I want to fight the lowest Lyn can, so she can get SP fast haha.

Alright, I did 6 arena matches to test out my new changes, and brash assault Lyn is really good. she's the only unit that can possibly get the brash assault + desperation combo, which allows her to annihilate any enemy when below 50% health, as it's essentially a brave attack on an enemy that can counter.

Also, seeing Ephraim double Lucina for 38x2 is oddly satisfying 

Edited by Korath88

18 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

What level would a level 40 have to fight to get SP? I want to fight the lowest Lyn can, so she can get SP fast haha.

I... have no clue, actually. I know more than 10 below definitely doesn't give SP, on the other hand, I know that only 5 below does. It's actually very hard to tell even if you're looking for it, since the yellow 'STAGE CLEARED' or whatever blocks out the tiny ass +SP number. Bearing in mind tower units fluctuate in level even on the same map, 7 below is probably the map even if you got SP for kills on units 9 levels below you.

tl;dr you'll have to test things yourself, sorry.

9 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

Or 3 slots is the maximum slots to be used up for each character?

This.

You may check up to three skills to transfer at a time (each rank counts as one skill).

Is there a maximum amount of Skills the receiving unit can receive, with multiple sacrifices?

Is there a list of which skills can't be passed?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is there a maximum amount of Skills the receiving unit can receive, with multiple sacrifices?

Is there a list of which skills can't be passed?

so far this link has provided me all the necessary information

Edited by AkiraAsukai

Btw, it says Drag Back/Knock Back can't be transfered to ranged chars. What about Lunge? Is if like Fates when lunge can be used at range?

EDIT: Also, Counters can be inherited. I guess Linde's reign as a top tier cannon is now over, with everyone running Distant Counter, and Linde's squishiness. At least actually getting the skills is a pain (to F2P that is).

Also, I guess Takumi just got ousted from the post of "most annoying enemy to fight".

Edited by Kruggov