All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I like the idea, but if they went that route it'd have to be a lot larger than 60 because 30 effective attack is honestly nothing. 

The damage is halved after if I'm not mistaken. I think it goes a bit like this:

60 - 13 = 47 | 47/2 = 23.5 | 23.5 rounded up is 24 damage.

Because it's halved after it is still pretty nice, especially with people that have low resistance. If it is halved before, though, then it'll be more like:

30 - 13 = 17

And that would really stink lol. 

Edited by Arcanite

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arcanite said:

The damage is halved after if I'm not mistaken. I think it goes a bit like this:

Because it's halved after it is still pretty nice, especially with people that have low resistance. If it is halved before, though, then it'll be more like:

30 - 13 = 17

I actually have no idea how the damage penalty is calculated, so for Lucius' sake I really hope it's the former. 

12 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I like the idea, but if they went that route it'd have to be a lot larger than 60 because 30 effective attack is honestly nothing. 

Damage is actually halved after subtracting Res.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Damage is actually halved after subtracting Res.

This.

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

30 - 13 = 17

What poor sap are you attacking that has 13 Res?

The only character in my experience with Res that low is Ogma.

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

A four star level 5 Felicia XD. It was only for examples sake.

You know, it's kind of sad that a level 40 5-star Ogma has the same Res as a level 5 4-star Felicia.

Well, this cast was a little 'meh' for me. I'm basically not dropping Lissa even for a character I enjoy more, and I know I'm not lucky enough to have more than a passing hope at these characters in the first place. I only managed a 5-star after hearing Ana did, and that was an Effie. (At least it was an armour when I needed one, but still... I don't know her, and her little dialogue in Heroes doesn't make me want to know her).

But when your favourite characters are a Judgralian enemy mage and a Magvelian royal who was added at the last minute, you shrug philosophically at the problem.

Okay after some time I feel more secure about my old waifu issues (for now) and will be rolling for Ninian.

I have a total of 138 orbs after completing all the Lunatic Maps.

...man and I bought a new couch on layway *AND* moving to a new apartment with Belinda.

I literally cannot buy orbs until next paycheck. Pray for me.

I'll be making the summon pentagram tomorrow.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

For fun I'm going to take a stab right now at what Ninian's stats will look like

Green Dragon
HP 41 / Attack 40 / Speed 30 / 22 Def / 31 Res = 164 Points. Dragons normally have somewhere in the 170 range (only exception is Adult Tiki at 169). Dancers normally have less than their typical counterparts in the same range, appearing at the bottom end of the points scale. And judging by our one previous example (Fae), Green dragons are the ones that are high res low defence. Thus we get a points layout something like that.

Weapon: Ice Breath+: 13 damage, 1 range. After this unit attacks, foes within 2 spaces of target suffer Def/Res -5 through to their next actions. Ninian is most likely going to be in a heavy support role, and no other dragon so far has had an ice element breath. That leaves room for her to have a unique breath weapon. I made it the counterpart of Fem!Corrins: nerfs the defence stats instead of the offence stats.
Command Skill: Dance. Should need no explanation here.

Passives:
A Slot: Warding Blow - Grants Res+6 during combat if unit initiates attack
B Slot: Seal Speed - After combat, foe suffers -7 speed through its next action

The above set lets Ninian be a great option for tackling mages if she's not dancing for another unit. It also tanks their speed, letting other units safely attack them without getting doubled by say, Linde.

The alternative version is this: she's a Blue Dragon, and her B Slot skill is R Breathbreaker. She did after all completely whoop on 3 fire dragons. This would be the best way to replicate that achievement. Everything else stays the same.

Eh, Azura has a stat total of about 165, which is actually above average.

If Ice Breath did that...Let's goooo

Y'know, everyone's freaking out about Lucius holding a staff... But didn't Bishops hold staves while attacking in FE7? I think we're fine.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Okay after some time I feel more secure about my old waifu issues (for now) and will be rolling for Ninian.

...man and I bought a new couch on layway *AND* moving to a new apartment with Belinda.

Don't forget the 20 orbs from the voting gauntlet, 5 orbs from the retweet event and the 9 orbs from the new paralogue that will come with the update. And then there will probably be a few more from the new daily arena quests.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Lemme know if that works cause I stil stand by animal sacrifices.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You know, it's kind of sad that a level 40 5-star Ogma has the same Res as a level 5 4-star Felicia.

Again, why Felicia is my baby <3

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lemme know if that works cause I stil stand by animal sacrifices.

No thank you.

We're doing the same thing we did with Olivia.

Edit: And thank freaking Naga the negative nancies have finally left.

Edited by shadowofchaos

14 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Good luck! I'll be cheering you on. *cheers*

I wish I had enough merch to make a summon pentagram.

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Y'know, everyone's freaking out about Lucius holding a staff... But didn't Bishops hold staves while attacking in FE7? I think we're fine.

Except all the tome weapons in this game actually have their own tome sprites. And all of the attacking art of people using staves are holding up staves. And all of the attacking art of people using magic are not holding up staves.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Except all the tome weapons in this game actually have their own tome sprites. And all of the attacking art of people using staves are holding up staves. And all of the attacking art of people using magic are not holding up staves.

Welp, gotta have hope.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Another reason why I advocate for animal sacrifices. Anna accepts anything that has life as a sacrifice.

OH GOD REBECCA IS HORRIFYING (no offense)

I'm not digging the enormous spaced out eyes. It looks weird.

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

OH GOD REBECCA IS HORRIFYING (no offense)

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Rebecca looks dimented

I'm honestly not seeing it xD LOL I was looking Priscilla, I see it now.  

Jaffar and Priscilla look really great. 

I like Ninian, but I think her dress is a little overdone.

Edited by Lushen

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Good luck! I'll be cheering you on. *cheers*

I've been thinking maybe Lucius will be the first to be a hybrid in the game with tremendous attack (classified as blue tome user with light weapon) yet capable of keeping his allies alive as well with a healing spell assist (he will lack a special, though this can be fixed once Inherit skills is implemented). 

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Welp, gotta have hope.

One can only hope, indeed. 

Just now, Lucıůs said:

I've been thinking maybe Lucius will be the first to be a hybrid in the game with tremendous attack (classified as blue tome user with light weapon) yet capable of keeping his allies alive as well with a healing spell assist (he will lack a special, though this can be fixed once Inherit skills is implemented). 

Weeeeell, Linde's Aura tome has Breath of Life, and she can sacrifice 10 HP from herself to a teammate...