All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

Yup, if she was one of my favourite characters, I wouldn't care about her stats at all. I'd still desperately pull for her and train her to 40.

Thankfully, she's meh to me, so I care even less about her stats ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Because character art and VAs are fanservice.

A good chunk of people don't care about the meta.

Yeah, that totally explains the absurd amount of Takumi's i've been seeing.

@Falcom

That will be the people who

a) care about the meta enough to reroll/buy orbs to pull for him

b) really like the character enough to reroll/buy orbs to pull for him

c) happen to pull the character and use him because he's so gosh darned OP.

That hasn't got anything to do with the people who go wild even for the lower statted units because they adore that particular unit.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@Falcom

That will be the people who

a) care about the meta enough to reroll/buy orbs to pull for him

b) really like the character enough to reroll/buy orbs to pull for him

c) happen to pull the character and use him because he's so gosh darned OP.

That hasn't got anything to do with the people who go wild even for the lower statted units because they adore that particular unit.

There are also people that use him alongside characters they actually like. I mainly cared about Y!Tiki and Nowi on my team, but I rolled a +ATK/-DEF plus some other scrub IVs Takumi so I just used him to support my main two favorites. They work well in conjunction and I didn't particularly have any other favorites I wanted on my team at the time that I'd want to replace Takumi with.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

I had 132 orbs saved for when more FE7 and FE8 units were in circulation. I caved and used 120 of them on this focus for the sake of Ninian, Priscilla, Rebecca, and Lucius.

I got none of the focus units. Instead I got 30 units, mostly repeats, with the highlights being a 5* -Atk +Res Hector, and a 4* +Spd -Res Effie. Yay me.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Well I just pulled Priscilla on my horsie account.  I feel like I should be happy but she's worthless. 

An update to this, she's actually growing on me.  Her skills need reworking (inherit skills update) but I'm thinking now that every cavalry team needs a horse healer.  Every once and a while there's that grand hero battle where one can really help.  She might not be the best for arena, but if I ever have a tough time clearing a special map she could be a useful sub.  Same with a dancer but to my knowledge there are no horse dancers/singers in fire emblem and probably never will be.  And she's infinitely better than Rebecca or Lucius.  Still would have liked Jaffar despite this being a horse account...

EDIT:  Just thought of a good meta.  Priscilla with Gunter's Hone cavalry... Gunter isn't used to attack anyone anyways (besides blues) and if Priscilla can get her hands on a good attacking staff she can weaken them enough for other units to finish them off.  Full support vs. gunters awkward support role.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a prediction on how long before we see Jaffar again (in a different focus)?  Obviously we don't really have anything to compare since the only units that have rerolled are Ephraim and Eirika (excluding the launch focus).  I'm thinking we won't see him again for about a year unfortunately. 

Edited by Lushen

40 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Yeah, that totally explains the absurd amount of Takumi's i've been seeing.

He's also the popular pineapple.

FE heroes has a hardcore fanbase. But really, it's not a PvP game.

16 minutes ago, Raven said:

I had 132 orbs saved for when more FE7 and FE8 units were in circulation. I caved and used 120 of them on this focus for the sake of Ninian, Priscilla, Rebecca, and Lucius.

I got none of the focus units. Instead I got 30 units, mostly repeats, with the highlights being a 5* -Atk +Res Hector, and a 4* +Spd -Res Effie. Yay me.

Look on the bright side: At least you're 2 steps closer to a full armor team!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You're very gung-ho about armors, huh. I have 4 Draugs sitting around doing nothing, you want 'em?

15 minutes ago, Lushen said:

EDIT:  Just thought of a good meta.  Priscilla with Gunter's Hone cavalry... Gunter isn't used to attack anyone anyways (besides blues) and if Priscilla can get her hands on a good attacking staff she can weaken them enough for other units to finish them off.  Full support vs. gunters awkward support role.

Remember that staff users' damage is halved (Staff user's damage = (Atk - target's Res) / 2). You may want to consider drawing Azama or Lucius to get Priscilla the Pain staff (free 10 post-battle damage on target).

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You're very gung-ho about armors, huh. I have 4 Draugs sitting around doing nothing, you want 'em?

Nah bro I have 3 draugs and a Sheena LOL. 

I just got the third one on my second account. Now I can give my shenna plus 12 defense and resistance! Assuming ward armor stacks. If we could trade I would take one just to have #TeamDraug as a alternate.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I actually had Gwendolyn, Sheena, and Draug raised to their high-20s. Then I got another Draug from that quest reward. Now I pulled the two best armours currently in the game. It could've been worse, just miffed about their boons and banes. Hector needs as much Atk as possible, and extra Spd isn't even relevant on Effie due to Wary Fighter. Disgusting.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Nah bro I have 3 draugs and a Sheena LOL. 

I just got the third one on my second account. Now I can give my shenna plus 12 defense and resistance! Assuming ward armor stacks. If we could trade I would take one just to have #TeamDraug as a alternate.

Pretty sure Ward Armor stacks (any of the "during combat" abilities), which sounds a ridiculous. Hope you're having fun with the team! I really love the idea of themed teams, honestly, and am having a great time building a cavalry team rn (Reinhardt, Gunter, Eldigan, _____ ). Not quite sure who I want in the fourth spot rn, but I have a fair number of options. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Pretty sure Ward Armor stacks (any of the "during combat" abilities), which sounds a ridiculous. Hope you're having fun with the team! I really love the idea of themed teams, honestly, and am having a great time building a cavalry team rn (Reinhardt, Gunter, Eldigan, _____ ). Not quite sure who I want in the fourth spot rn, but I have a fair number of options. 

Priscilla!

Just now, Raven said:

I actually had Gwendolyn, Sheena, and Draug raised to their high-20s. Then I got another Draug from that quest reward. Now I pulled the two best armours currently in the game. It could've been worse, just miffed about their boons and banes. Hector needs as much Atk as possible, and extra Spd isn't even relevant on Effie due to Wary Fighter. Disgusting.

I mean ward armor + fortify armor = invincibility. Plus you have the Ef-smite for epic 3 space movement. You should make a team on a map and take a picture. Call it "The great Wall of (Insert FE continent here)"

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Jagen?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Jagen?

Options I have are Priscilla, Jagen, Cain, Abel, Eliwood, Sully, Stahl, Frederick, Ursula, Peri, Cecilia

(Also after this last reply I'm gonna stop derailing this thread orz)

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I mean ward armor + fortify armor = invincibility. Plus you have the Ef-smite for epic 3 space movement. You should make a team on a map and take a picture. Call it "The great Wall of (Insert FE continent here)"

My problem is I'm not sure which 4 to use. Hector and Effie are a given, but then there's 4* Sheena, 4* Gwendolyn, and 3* Draug. I was considering simply going with the 2 axes and 2 lances, since 3* Draug can't learn the Ward Armour skill. That should still be enough coverage for 7-5 Lunatic. I'm not even sure which enemies are featured on that map.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

My problem is I'm not sure which 4 to use. Hector and Effie are a given, but then there's 4* Sheena, 4* Gwendolyn, and 3* Draug. I was considering simply going with the 2 axes and 2 lances, since 3* Draug can't learn the Ward Armour skill. That should still be enough coverage for 7-5 Lunatic. I'm not even sure which enemies are featured on that map.

7-5 map features the three lords of FE7... and 2 generics. And Hector's sporting Wings of Mercy.

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Hectic, Ef-word, Drug, and Sheen. So this way you got the fortify armor and the ward armor plus near perfect coverage. 

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I feel you. I spent about 120 orbs trying to get Jaffar and he never showed up.

Though at least I did get Ninian after 30ish orbs.

29 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hectic, Ef-word, Drug, and Sheen. So this way you got the fortify armor and the ward armor plus near perfect coverage. 

I refuse to waste 2k feathers on bringing Draug to 4* just for his Ward Armour skill. I think 4* Gwendolyn will be good enough.