New Nintendo Annoucement: More About Skill Inheritance ,Grand Hero Battles Schedules,Hero Merit,New Arena System,New Victory Objective, And Future Event

DraceEmpressa

That's a lot of updates,which I don't mind! It shows that they realy want to support the game.

Anyway, I'm really surprised that we'll have Lloyd but no Camus. Still, I'm happy to see that we''l finally get Lloyd as a playable character, even if It's not his original game

7 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

I actually dont like Skill Inheritance. It might break the game.. who knows yet - tierlist will change fast..

I think most people feel the same. I want to wait before making any real judgement on it tough.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I might as well give my thoughts on these upcoming changes...

Skill Inheritance fixes:  I'm kinda surprised re-inheriting skills wasn't standard to begin with, but yeah, this change seems pretty solid.

Hero Merit:  Hmmm... It'll be interesting to see how this turns out, but I can't foresee it making too much of a difference in the long run.  Still, more feathers are always a positive at the end of the day.

New Combat Rules:  Hell yes, I am stoked about this - extra gameplay variety will be much appreciated, provided the objective are clearly indicated prior to starting each mission.

Arena scoring adjustment:  Thank god for this.  My biggest fear about Skill Inheritance going in (besides completely destroying any semblance of balance in the game) is that it would further homogenize the arena meta around the units with highest stats, as units with lower stats would no longer have access to semi-exclusive abilities to justify their use.  As such, I will happily accept them lowering the role that base stats have upon scoring (I would be happier if they eliminated it entirely, but then there would be absolutely no competing with the whales and their lvl 40 +10's).  Also, it'll make Brave weapon users less of a scoring liability, which is just peachy :)

Bonus Hero descriptions:  Kinda surprised this wasn't a thing to begin with, so sure, sounds good.

"A new way to expand your hero's abilities": I'm... intrigued by this.  We know basically nothing about it atm, so I'll go into more detail as further info becomes available.

New GHB's: Ooooooooh, this is very cool indeed.  I guess Lloyd will be our first 100% new character added via the hero battle system.  It's kinda strange that Camus wasn't listed, but mayhaps IS is trying to come with a way to tone him down a little busted before releasing him on us.

Future Plans:  And I am also really excited about this, based off of the little nuggets of info we've gotten thus far.

Overall, I'm a happy little summoner right about now.

Just now, Cute Chao said:

@red-and-soulless

Wouldn't the first entirely new character in a Hero Battle be female Robin? I don't recall fighting her during story mode at all.

If I remember correctly, she showed up in one of Awakening's story chapters... I'll get back to you once I find out which one it was.

1 minute ago, red-and-soulless said:

If I remember correctly, she showed up in one of Awakening's story chapters... I'll get back to you once I find out which one it was.

Sure :D Could be my memory. I'm trying to wrack my brains but all I remember is Tharja stalking male Robin xD

Edited by Cute Chao

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Sure :D Could be my memory. I'm trying to wrack my brains but all I remember is Tharja stalking male Robin xD

Don't worry about it, my memory stinks as well - I only remembered about Robin-F because I was surprised she wasn't in the summoning pool :)

I can confirm, she was in 4-4 and 4-5.

Just now, red-and-soulless said:

Don't worry about it, my memory stinks as well - I only remembered about Robin-F because I was surprised she wasn't in the summoning pool :)

I can confirm, she was in 4-4 and 4-5.

Ahhhh, then yay for Lloyd! :D

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Lloyd is prettier than Linus so obviously he comes first xD

I do hope Linus and Legault come not long after that. Uhai, too. I expect Legault to be a summoning unit, but the other two can easily be grand hero battles.

If we're going to get more FE7 enemies, I still want Nergal!

Also, I know it was a small thing, but the news that jumped out that most to me was being able to tap a Bonus Hero to find out more about them (hopefully at least a name and larger picture for those of us who don't recognize all the chibi sprites!)  Finally!

Edited by JJ48

Inherit Skill is going to be so broken.  If you thought Arena was bad now...

More feathers is always a good thing.  We have to see how many feathers this "Hero Merit" actually translates to.

The new combat rules could be interesting, or awful like instant moving reinforcements.

The new Arena match making better be good, or the Arena will literally be P2W.

Some of the QoL fixes are nice but minor, like the message window popping up every single time.

The new way to improve your character's abilities doesn't have enough detail, so it's tough to really get an impression right now.

The Grand Hero Battles are whatever.  They will more than likely be extremely annoying for a mediocre character.

The future plans part is a bit concerning.  With how zergfest and imbalanced this game is, incorporating the classic pre-Casual FE gameplay would not be a good thing.

Overall, some good, some bad, and some things we just don't know enough yet to really form an opinion.  It's nice to know these changes are coming, but when?  April has 30 days...

Still so much fear over Inherit Skill. I guess I welcome our Vantage Takumi overlords as I figure out ways to counter them. (Seriously, no one is intrigued by the fact you can make your favorite units more awesome? It seems everyone has their magnifying glass on the Arena and "OP Units will be more OP." Does no one play in the Lunatic Training Tower? Take a step back and relax!)

Hero Merits for more Feathers? I'm on board, but I do wonder just "how much" Feathers we will be getting. If it's anything like the Friend's List feathers, I'll be greatly disappointed.

New combat and objectives? Definitely excited about these! It gives my healers new life!

Arena matchmaking changes? I look forward to using units I like (and having good team composition) instead of relying on base stats all the time. It's also nice they they include skills in addition to character levels, star rating, and merge count.

The equippable item sounds nice, but I'm not really sure how it will be implemented. We already have some "items" (Svaliin Shield) as passive skills, and generic stat boosters are covered by "Passive A." // Wait a second, is this the return of Vulnaries and Elixirs?!

Grand Hero Battle Plans have been intercepted. We are adjusting battle tactics to formulate a new strategy... (Personally looking forward to Zephiel and Xander!)

Future Plans - Gonna go all "classic" on us? I got one Hype Ticket for the Hype train, so I'm ready to go!

Ursula is looking ready to carry out that assassination mission on Zephiel once again and she'd be more than happy to give Xander a OHKO (since she can actually do that in Lunatic 9-5 if she gets Threaten Res on him and Xander doesn't have Holy Vestments ready when Ursula nukes him).

I guess this just means that nobody can enter the arena without a way to one-round Takumia on their team. Unless they run Hinata.

Everything else seems exciting, but hopefully no weird reinforcement shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Still so much fear over Inherit Skill. I guess I welcome our Vantage Takumi overlords as I figure out ways to counter them. (Seriously, no one is intrigued by the fact you can make your favorite units more awesome? It seems everyone has their magnifying glass on the Arena and "OP Units will be more OP." Does no one play in the Lunatic Training Tower? Take a step back and relax!)

This. We have so many more options now to just completely crush Takumi, Vantage or not.

I plan on giving Robin Quick Riposte to guarantee a one-round kill on Takumi on the counterattack regardless of Spd. (Also probably Darting Blow.)

As mentioned by someone else somewhere earlier, Sanaki with Raudhrraven+ and her default Triangle Adept can one-hit kill Takumi while taking only 11 damage (both neutral) if Takumi initiates combat.

Wary Fighter Hector is more worrisome for me, but not by much, mostly because Hector just melts to Ryoma regardless. Quick Riposte on Ryoma might also work well since it appears to ignore Wary Fighter (assuming that skills cannot deactivate in the middle of a round of combat) and I use Ryoma for counterattacking (mostly Julia) more often than attacking anyways. (Ryoma also can't double attack +Spd Merric for the one round kill on a counterattack.)

The scariest things are going to be Death Blow with any Brave weapon, Death Blow in general, Life and Death preventing you from double attacking, and Wings of Mercy on any nuke. Oh, and anyone troll enough to put repositioning skills on all of their units.

Maybe I'll try making a Galeforce Hana with a Brave Sword and Desperation. Death Blow Reinhardt with Wary Fighter (if possible) is already slated for production... These will probably be far more nightmarish than Vantage Takumi if you let them get close enough to attack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

33 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Wary fighter on Hector negates his weapon's quick riposte effect, so I don't think it's a good skill for him, though I can't wait to see some people screw over their Hectors with it.

It doesn't unless skills can deactivate in the middle of a round of combat. I've let Effie attack my Hector, and Hector double attacked for the kill. Either Wary Fighter is capable of deactivating itself in the middle of the round of combat or Quick Riposte ignores Wary Fighter.

EDIT: On second thought, it's not possible for Wary Fighter to deactivate in the middle of a round of combat because otherwise Julia would be able to double attack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't unless skills can deactivate in the middle of a round of combat. I've let Effie attack my Hector, and Hector double attacked for the kill. Either Wary Fighter is capable of deactivating itself in the middle of the round of combat or Quick Riposte ignores Wary Fighter.

EDIT: On second thought, it's not possible for Wary Fighter to deactivate in the middle of a round of combat because otherwise Julia would be able to double attack.

I fought a Hector in the training tower with wary fighter and he didn't double me when I attacked him. (He was at full HP as well) Maybe it only blocks his weapon effect when the skill is on him as a balancing effect.

Edited by Korath88

6 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I fought a Hector in the training tower with wary fighter and he didn't double me when I attacked him. (He was at full HP as well) Maybe it only blocks his weapon effect when the skill is on him as a balancing effect.

Are you certain said Hector had Armads equipped and not a Silver Axe?

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Are you certain said Hector had Armads equipped and not a Silver Axe?

Yes, it was stratum 10 so he was fully decked out. I attacked with Lyn on player phase, she didn't double him (as expected, due to wary fighter), but he didn't double back either. Forgot to take a screenshot at the time, but I did post about it when it happened, a few weeks back. Unless they changed the priority of skills in a later update, I think this should still hold true.

Edited by Korath88

More Wary Fighter vs Breaker weirdness, I was training my Armor team in the tower. An Archer with Lancebreaker doubled Gwendolyn but did not double Effie. Later, an Axe Flier with Lancebreaker and a Brave Axe 4x'd Effie (I remember seeing the 17 damage and going, "ok, I'll just leave Effie here and he won't kill her" → dead Effie → "wait wat"). Is there any possibility that it just causes normal combat to resume?

I hate to throw stuff out like that un-backed up...I'll try and put some screenshots together when I get the chance.

On the update itself...wow. That's a lot to take in. Looking forward to Skill Inheritance (want to try all the stuff that's been bouncing around my head since it was revealed lol). I'm interested to see how the Hero Merit thing works, and am already (slightly) regretting letting Leo slip by un-pulled from the Princes focus with Xander coming in May for team Nohr, since I've got everyone else...Nobody needs Leo I'll just use my F!Corrin. Better color coverage anyway.

8 hours ago, red-and-soulless said:

New GHB's: Ooooooooh, this is very cool indeed.  I guess Lloyd will be our first 100% new character added via the hero battle system.  It's kinda strange that Camus wasn't listed, but mayhaps IS is trying to come with a way to tone him down a little busted before releasing him on us.

I'm guessing there will likely be more story chapters released between now and then and Lloyd will be introduced that way first.