New Nintendo Annoucement: More About Skill Inheritance ,Grand Hero Battles Schedules,Hero Merit,New Arena System,New Victory Objective, And Future Event

DraceEmpressa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Where does it say anything about a delay to the implementation of the Skill Inheritance mechanic? As Satsuma said, the notice is talking about tweaks to the Merge Allies mechanic in regards to Skill Inheritance. "Tweaks" as in "something that is done after the base form has already been implemented".

Edited by RedEyedDrake

OH.

So let's say you previous merged a Takumi with Gordin for Vantage.  If that Takumi is merged with someone else, that unit will inherit both Takumi and Gordin's skills.  Neato!

AND WHITE WOLF HYPE WOOO~!

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Oh... Sorry. How to edit topic title and drag the images? I'll edit it soon. 

Click Edit on the first post.  As for the image dragging, good luck, I can never get the darn thing to work correctly.

Or, you can just summarize it, since everyone who has the app can access it in-game.

Sooo, no close counter ranged on everyone in Arena? At least if I understood correctly, this just saves Skill Points, yes? As far as I understand the wording, you can still only merge the same characters together (hence the Marth to Marth example?). Eclipse, however, words it as though one can merge different units together and add skills to a possibly huge list of skills.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

OH.

So let's say you previous merged a Takumi with Gordin for Vantage.  If that Takumi is merged with someone else, that unit will inherit both Takumi and Gordin's skills.  Neato!

So.... what is it :wacko:

@eclipse:

Hopefully not and the sort of thing that was described in the notice is limited to merging copies of the same unit. Otherwise it would open too many possibilities and thus turn the Arena into hell.

Thank you! Now I have edit the topic title and added the missing image, 

Also, confirmation that we indeed can pass on specials. Specials, weapons... Now we need informations about ABC passives and assists. 

More feathers can't be a bad thing. They heard us, yay!

Nintendo be like "No more datamining! We're gonna give you the GHB schedules if you're that curious!" Pfft. 

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

OH.

It specifically says "Merge Allies" though, so that means you can only pass the Vantage Takumi to another Takumi.

But this is interesting. Do I Limit Break, or do I break the 3-skill limit? Will have to do a lot of planning for every unit.

Kind of surprised to see that Camus' hero battle isn't planned yet since his art/sprite is already in the game. But yay! At least we'll get Lloyd soon (and hopefully his brother), anyone planning to build the infamous Four Fangs? :rolleyes:

Also excited for the new features! This is a huge step forward for the game. This is a bit too much, but I'm still wondering when they'll implement the expansion of map size, or party size (maybe bump it up to 5? Since enemy reinforcements are somewhere just around the corner. Ha!) Or even the opportunity to use a friend's Rep unit on scenarios and training tower (not just limited to voting gauntlet, which is also random). 

Other than that, superb proposal of updates! Thanks for starting this thread! :^_^:

Edited by Lucıůs

14 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Sooo, no close counter ranged on everyone in Arena? At least if I understood correctly, this just saves Skill Points, yes? As far as I understand the wording, you can still only merge the same characters together (hence the Marth to Marth example?). Eclipse, however, words it as though one can merge different units together and add skills to a possibly huge list of skills.

So.... what is it :wacko:

Fast reading.  Still, I'm happy about this, because it means that if you had a unit with a questionable boon/bane (like my -Spd Lucina), you can "resume" on a better one (which is almost every other Lucina out there).

11 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

@eclipse:

Hopefully not and the sort of thing that was described in the notice is limited to merging copies of the same unit. Otherwise it would open too many possibilities and thus turn the Arena into hell.

The arena's already going to be hell.

LLOYD HYPE :DDD

I'm really excited to see how the upcoming Arena changes affect the meta (and Arena as a whole). I'm also super excited about the Defense game mode, which will likely make healers a lot more viable. Just overall pleasantly surprised by this deluge of information. 

The announcement of Lloyd as a GHB and new battle objectives definitely indicates that we're getting new story missions soon. I'm a little confused why Camus isn't on the GHB schedule though.

@Kor:

Presumably because he'll come at some point after Lloyd. Meaning that it is way too early to say anything about him.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Wait...Are the next 5 grand hero battles seriously all for male sword users? Someone tell me I'm missing something here.

Michalis is an axe flier, but yeah, the rest are all male sword user. Oh we are going to have blue GHB unit drought after Ursula. 

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Michalis is an axe flier, but yeah, the rest are all male sword user. Oh we are going to have blue GHB unit drought after Ursula. 

And yet, even that is something we've already had. Considering how large the cast of the series is, this is a pretty weird lack of variety.

YES! More objectives! No more simple rout the enemy. Now there is going to be enemy reinforcements and defence objectives. Healers might become more viable on maps with reinforcements now. This is what I'm most looking forward to.

Nice to see them list out the next couple GHB instead of us all finding out from a datamine.

I don't mind them all being red sword users, since they're pretty much all characters I adore - and we really need more armours. So excited for all of them :D Navarre probably has my favourite art, along with Jeorge, in the game. I pray Lloyd gets a good artist :D

I also think the fact that Camus is missing worries me (I need him in my life ;-;). Also the fact that Lloyd is coming most likely means more story either late April or early May.

Skill Inheritance & Merge Allies. Not to excited. I think people would eventually complain if there wasn't such a thing.

Hero Merits. Sounds interesting but I don't think it'll be too helpful with gathering feathers.

Defense and Reinforcements. YES. ABSOLUTELY YES. But can you earn experience in that mode? Personally that'd be nice but i'm fine with this.

Arena Matchmaking Changes. Glad they're changing it so that it's based on levels and stuff.

Bonus Hero Descriptions. Again, kinda obvious now that skill inheritance is coming.

Notifications. I doubt anyone would care but thank god. Seriously, that was annoying to deal with.

Expanding Hero Abilities. Interesting...

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But this is interesting. Do I Limit Break, or do I break the 3-skill limit? Will have to do a lot of planning for every unit.

I don't think anything in the notifications implies that you can equip more than 3 passive skills.

If you're referring to the new equippable item, it doesn't mention anything about skills, just additional customization. Perhaps it's something like Iote's Shield, Delphi Shield, Iron Rune, Life Orb, Lum Berry, etc. except in item form instead of skill form.

6 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

I'm not seeing what possibilities that could possibly open up that aren't already open from skill inheritance. Passing skills from one character to another is already what skill inheritance does.

Lloyd is last on the current list, so Linus is probably after him. Camus's absence is strange, but I'm sure he'll become available eventually, one way or another.