Why are male Lords so lame in this game

Junkhead

I disagree. Primarily because of Marth, whose speed is his highest stat (excepting HP), but there's also Roy, who is more Weapon-Triangle-matchup-dependent than strength-reliant thanks to Triangle Adept (plus his speed isn't that bad really, 31 is a respectable amount I think).

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I disagree. Primarily because of Marth, whose speed is his highest stat (excepting HP), but there's also Roy, who is more Weapon-Triangle-matchup-dependent than strength-reliant thanks to Triangle Adept (plus his speed isn't that bad really, 31 is a respectable amount I think).

And then there's Corrin - 32 speed at neutral, 36 when attacking with Yato.

13 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I think I got two +Spd *4 Roys, once. They start with 9-10 Spd, right?

I mean, he's still not really all that great compared to Lucina

Face it man, girls rule boys drool

most stats in heroes are reflected by their stats ingame, and girls are generally speedy in their respective games, while dudes are generally stronger and more durable.  It's just reflected the same way here. 

Yeah, his speed cap and growth were pretty mediocre though, and his strength growth was huge.  Whoever made Ephraim clearly didn't play 0% growths

EDIT: ayyyy turns out his speed growth is really good too Ephraim is fair and balanced.  His cap still sucks though.

Edited by General Horace

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

And he soloes Birthright right?

I mean he can when he exists, but not existing for like 14 chapters kinda means he can't solo the entire game :P:

6 minutes ago, General Horace said:

Yeah, his speed cap and growth were pretty mediocre though, and his strength growth was huge.  Whoever made Ephraim clearly didn't play 0% growths

EDIT: ayyyy turns out his speed growth is really good too Ephraim is fair and balanced.  His cap still sucks though.

How the fuck does 24 Spd cap suck in the GBA games.

it sucks compared to other caps in the game

feheroes is similar to the fe11 multiplayer mode where caps were the only thing that really matter, and if you stick Ephraim in a link arena fight or something in FE8 he's gonna get decimated by berserkers or something since his cap is lower than other classes.

obviously its good enough for ingame stuff, but you can use basically any unit for the heroes "story" mode until the higher levels of lunatic anyway.

Edited by General Horace

That shit isn't even relevant. It fucks up the game aka where it fucking it matters. That's like saying Marcus has shitty Spd because he isn't Lyndis or Guy.

10 minutes ago, General Horace said:

it sucks compared to other caps in the game

i get why his str is better (like you said), but what confuses me is why his def is better since his base/growth/caps are all higher in speed =(

what

ephraim is very good in sacred stones I didn't imply otherwise, I was using an analogy that you obviously missed

that doesn't mean anything in feheroes, where caps/max stats/whatever you want to call them mean everything.  they modelled his stats in heroes around his most notable attribute stat in fe8 which is his huge strength (especially with Siegmund), this isn't hard to understand. 

If Marcus was transferred over to heroes I imagine he'd also be slow and Guy would be fast.

Yeah I agree it's kind of weird they gave him so much defence though.

Edited by General Horace

49 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Ryoma isn't a "lord" though. Lords are the main characters of their games.

He has his own unique weapon ... and its not even Wo Dao its Athos level. Technically... he's the lord of Birthright. 

They need to increase the HP of this game or something.
Right now ... glass cannon is pretty much the go-to to get results.

Gotta buff the defender somehow. Also +5 speed is annoying ... it makes female like Lyn are hitting too hard.

7 minutes ago, Refa said:

i get why his str is better (like you said), but what confuses me is why his def is better since his base/growth/caps are all higher in speed =(

I think its to continue off the Great Knight angle that they went with in Awakening, because he trained under Duracell.