Metal Arc is No Longer a Mod

Jyosua

And that's exactly the problem! Moderators shouldn't be making such mistakes, and if people don't notice it it's even worse, because then said moderators can just go on with their rule-breaking actions.

And having a good sense of humor doesn't make you a good moderator.

1) Mods are not computers. They get a bit hyper and make silly mistakes.

2) Your right. I was just stating my own opinion lol Plus it would be very boring if you had a mod who was always serious.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some Moderating experience as well.

A lot of people are qualified to be mods. OF that there's no questions.

Nearly six years in moderation and administration, and about three years in web design, and helping others build sites, and as a small time tech assistant, and I still don't think I'm qualified.

Experience isn't all of it.

I'd personally love to help mod this place, and I know I'm capable too. But enough moping from me. Lets just believe in Jyo's and Vincent's choice and wait.

What you're forgetting is that if I come back, this is truly my last chance.

I intend on honoring my promises.

-_-

I also think some of you are still sore at me for the times I've modded you. I get contested alot.

Nearly six years in moderation and administration, and about three years in web design, and helping others build sites, and as a small time tech assistant, and I still don't think I'm qualified.

I know. I never said it was.

Moderation and administration for about a year, I think, and I've been in the web design stuff for two years now (I started when I was thirteen years old).

And I agree. Experience isn't all that matters.

Moderation and administration for about a year, I think, and I've been in the web design stuff for two years now (I started when I was thirteen years old).

And I agree. Experience isn't all that matters.

Very true.

Also unrelated but could you PM me and give me an idea of how much you know about web design?

Here is my idea. Take it, leave it, do whatever, but this is my idea. And I have to get going after this. I've got a paper to bullshit write.

Keep Arc as a mod for now. But make another mod(whomever you had in mind.) and see what happens. If Arc reforms. Great. Now you have 4 working mods. If Arc screws up again, then you have a replacement mod.

Everyone wins.

Metal Arc is no longer a mod.

Now it's "who qualifies as a mod here in serenes forest?". I like how discussion here can change at any time.

No idea

I guess someone with common sense and is impartial.

You don't need a Master Degree or several years of experience to become a mod :lol:

Web design experience would not give any indication of a person's moderation skills. Past experience isn't very helpful either if you were 12 at the time.

Not always, as some people really aren't just spazing children when they were younger.

I can honestly say I was pretty similar to how I was now.

And web design and such is meant for administration.

Very true.

Also unrelated but could you PM me and give me an idea of how much you know about web design?

Sure ;)

Web design experience would not give any indication of a person's moderation skills. Past experience isn't very helpful either if you were 12 at the time.

No matter how few experience you have, it's better to at least have some experience than none at all.

Agreed.

A mod should be impartial and must be a good mediator thats all.

Raven - Active and well respected.

Fireman - Active and well respected

Arc - Active and though troublesome he has a good sense of right and wrong.

Bianchi - Friendly towards all members.

Myself - Extrememly Active and friendly toward most members.

Nightmare - Keeps a cool head and is well liked

Masu - Well liked and extremely active

CGV - One of the first members, well liked, keeps a cool head.

Being active and well respected are not the only criteria for being a mod. Your posts should always have content and should never be spammy, unless in FFtF, as you must set an example for the other, newer member. Keeping a level head is good, but you need to also be open to ideas, try to be rather unbiased, and be quite responsible. A mod should be fair in punishments and when to give them out, also. Past experience is helpful. I've been a global mod on two seperate forums. :D :/ I can point out at least 1 fault for each of your candidates, and frankly, it's an extremely biased list. You give that list for most everything nowadays, despite a few of them not being as active, being easy to anger, etc., etc.

Edited by ChaosNinji

Being active and well respected are not the only criteria for being a mod. Your posts should always have content and should never be spammy, unless in FFtF, as you must set an example for the other, newer member. Keeping a level head is good, but you need to also be open to ideas, try to be rather unbiased, and be quite responsible. A mod should be fair in punishments and when to give them out, also. Past experience is helpful. I've been a global mod on two seperate forums. :D :/ I can point out at least 1 fault for each of your candidates, and frankly, it's an extremely biased list. You give that list for most everything nowadays, despite a few of them not being as active, being easy to anger, etc., etc.

Fire away. I want to know the flaws you see in me. Constructive criticism.

Note: Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I am not here. I log in anonymous alot more than I do visible, usually while at work.

Note: Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I am not here. I log in anonymous alot more than I do visible, usually while at work.

this post matches your avatar perfectly if i do say so.

sorry for the off topic post but hey we could all use a quick chuckle

We still can't tell that. It would be nice if you could participate as well. Even if you weren't a mod. We'd still want you to. We're like a family here. Even while we're fighting. *Hugs Ninji.*

Fire away. I want to know the flaws you see in me. Constructive criticism.

Personally, I find you to be a rather good candidate. Your posts almost always contain content, which is a big plus in my book, and you're usually level headed. I have seen you flip out when it comes to debates, though. You seem rather responsible, also, and you have Fox backing you, probably. A little bit biased, but not Lyle-biased (N/o, but you're the most biased person I've met, Lyle.). Any past experience?

We still can't tell that. It would be nice if you could participate as well. Even if you weren't a mod. We'd still want you to. We're like a family here. Even while we're fighting. *Hugs Ninji.*

I don't swing that way.

I only really talk if I have something to say. Just how I am.

In all actuality, I rarely see you make any post that doesn't contribute something to a thread.

Personally, I find you to be a rather good candidate. Your posts almost always contain content, which is a big plus in my book, and you're usually level headed. I have seen you flip out when it comes to debates, though. You seem rather responsible, also, and you have Fox backing you, probably. A little bit biased, but not Lyle-biased (N/o, but you're the most biased person I've met, Lyle.). Any past experience?

Yeah. I was moderator on a forum. I gave it up there because I found myself coming here alot more often than I do there.

On a side-note: Hanz is active quite alot, he comes on MSN often, and when he is, there is often a hidden member online in the forest.

Edited by Razgriz

I can honestly say I was pretty similar to how I was now.

And web design and such is meant for administration.

If you can truly say that, congratulations. However, I bet if you actually went back and saw your older posts, you would realize you have matured since then even if you don't feel you've changed.

Very little web design is needed on a forum package like this. Thousands of websites use Wordpress or something similar. They are user friendly and simple to use. An administrator using these could be the best in the world or the worst; it has virtually no impact.