The hero that had to leave Alfonse

Zangetsu

So I just searched this topic, but I couldn't find it all. So I decided to make a topic out of it. I apologize if this violates any rules since this is my 1st topic I've created here. So mods feel free to delete this if this does violate any rules.

Anyways Alfonse chooses to an aloof ally due to forming a close relationship with one of the "Heroes" but said "Heroes" had to leave him for some reason. This cause Alfonse distant himself & see the "Heroes" as nothing more than useful allies.

My question to you guys is who could this hero be? Granted with the way the story (as lackluster as it is) is presenting itself it's more than likely they'll never reference it ever again or even have it play a part of story whatsoever, but it did make me curious on who the hero could be.

I personally think it's Ike, due to his enormous popularity & the fact that he looks like he could play mentor toward Alfonse as well.

4 hours ago, Humbug said:

I'm pretty sure they're referring to Zacharias?

I don't think so. Zacharias went missing and nobody knows where to or why. The hero that Alfonse was friends with was said to have "left to go home" as in, on their own accord and they most likely told him first.

If they do reveal who it was at some point I doubt it would be Ike either. I bet it's somebody who's not/never going to be playable. I mean unless they make a scene with Alfonse's reaction to seeing his old friend again when Ike is summoned...

Um, can the OP be clearer? I have no idea what is being talked about here. I don't recall any heroes besides Zacharias "leaving" Alfonse, and that English is hard to understand.

If Ike's part of the main story in any way though, gimme gimme gimmeee <3 (I doubt he'd mentor Alfonse though, given his dislike towards nobles. He'd have to be offered a lot of money or meat or something to agree to this lol)

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um, can the OP be clearer? I have no idea what is being talked about here. I don't recall any heroes besides Zacharias "leaving" Alfonse, and that English is hard to understand.

If Ike's part of the main story in any way though, gimme gimme gimmeee <3 (I doubt he'd mentor Alfonse though, given his dislike towards nobles. He'd have to be offered a lot of money or meat or something to agree to this lol)

The Op is talking about that bit at the start of the game where they talk about how Alfonse was friends with a hero but that hero had to return to their own world after a while and after that Alfonse doesn't want to form any type of bond with heroes.  

As to who the hero could be I have no idea who it could be at this time, but I think it could be a sword user and them being a mentor to Alfonse would make sense.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

The Op is talking about that bit at the start of the game where they talk about how Alfonse was friends with a hero but that hero had to return to their own world after a while and after that Alfonse doesn't want to form any type of bond with heroes.  

As to who the hero could be I have no idea who it could be at this time, but I think it could be a sword user and them being a mentor to Alfonse would make sense.

...Uh, isn't that Zacharias? The game stated that Alfonse doesn't get close to the heroes because of losing Zacharias.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I don't think it is because Zacharias went missing and they clearly say that the hero "went home".

I don't remember any part of the game saying this hero went home. Though if he did, then it's not Ike because Ike never returned to Tellius.

...Unless he actually went to a newly discovered land in Tellius's world and stayed there? :o My fan continent of Altarais is calling now...

Edited by Anacybele

34 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Some part of me says it's just saying the mobile game will end one day.

That the heroes will eventually go home.

And all of the heroes we spent orbs on will be gone.

Man, dude, way to be a downer. :(

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh, isn't that Zacharias? The game stated that Alfonse doesn't get close to the heroes because of losing Zacharias.

Zacharias is a lance guy, IIRC.  He's the one that trained Sharena.

I'm gonna headcanon that the hero that left was Sigurd - instead of being roasted by Arvis, he escaped to Zenith, to train a kid that reminded him of his son.  Once he learned that his homeland was at peace, he returned under an assumed name, to keep a distant eye on Seliph.  Though his son looks more like his brother, Sigurd couldn't be a prouder dad.

OP is talking about one of Alfonse's and Anna's lines when they're available to speak to on the Home screen.

Alfonse's line

“I advise you not to get close to the Heroes. It will just make it harder… should you ever be parted.”

Anna's line

“Alfonse was once friends with a great Hero. But when Alfonse lost his friend in battle, he was never the same.”

8 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

But who is that mysterious man, I wonder?!? He is presumably the brother of Clark Kent, but we might never know.

To be completely fair we still don't know who the mysterious man/Bruno is other than an Eskr Royalty with an evil dragon trying to possess them (geez where have I heard b4? :rolleyes:)

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Some part of me says it's just saying the mobile game will end one day.

That the heroes will eventually go home.

And all of the heroes we spent orbs on will be gone.

That's a bit too meta for me :unsure:

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I'm gonna headcanon that the hero that left was Sigurd - instead of being roasted by Arvis, he escaped to Zenith, to train a kid that reminded him of his son.  Once he learned that his homeland was at peace, he returned under an assumed name, to keep a distant eye on Seliph.  Though his son looks more like his brother, Sigurd couldn't be a prouder dad.

That makes more sense than mine. Sigurd was my 2nd choice, but I think I.S will try to capitalize on Ike's popularity. Of course that would also mean they would have to put "effort" into the story.

Well from some character quotes that I stole from the wiki page, several of them say they'll continue to stay with you as long as you want them.  I presume it's akin to when Raigh and Matthew at the beginning of the game chose to stay with Sharena even when Alfonse's hero friend left him.  In my mind it would make more sense for them to all want to leave ASAP since their own storylines in their games kind of requires their presence, but...I guess not? lol

Edited by mewyeon

I guess the hero and Alfonse weren't such great friends after all, if the hero decided to go back. Since as mewyeon said, lot of characters lv 40 quotes imply an undying loyalty and a form of promise to say with you/the summoner.

Huh, having Sanaki as your personal servants and friend, how strange.

But it's a mobile game, and they don't seem to want to develop the story more than that.

This story and some of the things the characters say tend to be confusing.

For one, there's Zacharias and I don't think he's the Hero in question. Alfonse and Sharena both took his disappearance hard, and Sharena almost seems to speak of the Hero that left Alfonse in levity. And if it were Zacharias I don't think she would speak of it so lightly.

Castle dialogue with Anna also says that Alfonse was once friends with a great Hero, but after Alfonse lost his friend in battle, he was never the same. This one's a bit vague. If it's referring to Zacharias, does Zacharias even count as a Hero? We don't know if he's from Askr or Emblia or if he's a Hero from a new continent that only exists in this game. Or if it's the same Hero who left Alfonse (and had fallen in battle and decided to go home after that), or if it's a third Hero.

Only thing that'll make things any clearer is more story, or at least I hope it would, but from dialogue alone Alfonse could have as many as three different friends, Heroes or otherwise, who left him at some point.

Yeah, I always took it to be Zac, honestly. It's had the biggest focus of the story so far, so it makes sense to me. Then again, I can see now why people are wondering, especially when he is referred to as a hero and Zac is an original character for the game (unless he'll turn out to be a new character in the latest game - the one coming for the Switch...)

I think they're leaving it up to imagination.  I don't think we'll ever know who it is.  That would introduce too much lore into a game that isn't supposed to affect it in any real way.  But yea, it definitely can't be Zac for a few reasons.  One, they openly talk about Zac but not this mystery hero.  Two, it seems romantic not just friendly.  Three, Zac probably wouldn't be considered a hero.  They've never referred to themselves as heroes, only those from other realms and Sharena is obsessed with heroes and doesn't have that relationship at all with Anna and Alfonse. Four, they are looking for Zac and this mystery hero "had to go home".  Five, Sharena/Anna is just as upset over Zac's disaperance but jokingly mocks Alfonse for liking a hero that 'had to go home'.  Six....