Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Wow, interesting. So, I should be able to pull that off in lunatic as well? Cause I have the same units. I would just need to train them up.

Yep.

I have mad respect for the person that churns out those videos.  They really know their Heroes stuff!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Wow, interesting. So, I should be able to pull that off in lunatic as well? Cause I have the same units. I would just need to train them up.

The guy who does these videos specifically uses only free characters (therefore neutral natures) upgraded no further than 3-star rarity and with no skill inheritance. Anyone who has trained their free Hero Battle and Grand Hero Battle units to level 40 should be able to complete these missions using exactly his moves.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Yes, you totally should be able to do so. This guy is so nice he uses free units with only their default skills. You should have seen him during the Michalis event; he managed to complete it with a 3-star team during the 45 minute sneak peak event, way before it got released for realsies.

Just now, eclipse said:

Yep.

I have mad respect for the person that churns out those videos.  They really know their Heroes stuff!

Well then, I guess I better get training then. That guy is awesome!

Done easily. Probably the easier Grand Battle since the beginning.

Team : M!Robin (Triangle Adept 3 | Quick Riposte), Hana, Lissa (Threaten Atk), Michalis.

Spoiler

M!Robin begins to be in the range of the two ninjas, with a Rally Atk from Hana. Lissa is at the limit of the range of Navarre. Then, the two ninjas kill themselves against Robin and Navarre will see his Atk be lowered in my turn. Then, Robin hit Navarre, Lissa heals him. Michalis is right below Lissa. With that, the axe user and the healer will heal Navarre. This latter hit Lissa. Robin hit again after moving to the right of Lissa and Michalis finish Navarre. Hana and Michalis take the hits of the axeman and the healer, and then kill them in my turn.

12 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

They're all three stars. This guy is famous for doing three-star runs.

She*

Mkv is great.

Wow, they're way too good, as always.

4 minutes ago, Iris said:

She*

Mkv is great.

Wow, they're way too good, as always.

Oh, thanks for the correction. That's one long-term misconception finally thrown out the window.

I think what is most amazing is how fast this person churns out these videos. Barely an hour in, and already a video that you'd think would take so much longer.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Oh, thanks for the correction. That's one long-term misconception finally thrown out the window.

I think what is most amazing is how fast this person churns out these videos. Barely an hour in, and already a video that you'd think would take so much longer.

I'm always a bit stunned by the amount of orbs they have. They must go through a fair few working out the strategy, but they always seem amazing to me. Wish I'd kept all my free units, but I've traded many in for 'better' boons and banes. Not sure how much of a difference it will make overall (although it looks like their Donnel is left with 1hp and I'm pretty sure mine is now +atk -hp on my second account).

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

So I did not expect Draug to die in onehit from the Axe Fighter haha.

Wut. How did that happen? My +Atk/-Def Kagero survived him, albeit with literally 1 HP left.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Wut. How did that happen? My +Atk/-Def Kagero survived him, albeit with literally 1 HP left.

Let's see. He has 43 atk 49 after Deathblow. 49*0.5=24.5 So he hits Draug with an attack of 63.
My Draug has 40 defence (4* with +def) Sooo. When you count in the WTD he has too he should hit for peanuts. Maybe the dagger wielding dude did some damage in first.... I got to retry this.

37 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Cleared in one try with Effie/Lissa/Azura/Kagerou. Lissa didn't even do anything; I probably could have brought a buffer instead.

Do you think a 4* Kagerou can handle those thieves? (The banner gave me a 4* one) 

5 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Do you think a 4* Kagerou can handle those thieves? (The banner gave me a 4* one) 

She alone probably won't be enough. I brought in a 5* +ATK/-DEF Kagero, and while she decimated like pretty much everyone, I still had to use Dance and Reposition on her to keep her alive and secure kills (She had to hit twice on all the non-ninjas).

EDIT: If it's just about killing the thieves, maybe she can one-shot them. My Kagero certainly could, not sure about a 4* one.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Thanks to a little positioning help from our 3* youtuber hero, I managed to beat it with a team of 5* Reinhardt, 5* Tharja, 4* Olivia and 4* Kagero (because I'm a lazy ass and cheated with good resources). My strategy was poorly-planned bullshit but here's a notable takeaway: 4* neutral attack Kagero boosted by Hone Attack 3 can one-shot the upper Thief and doesn't need to eat the counterattack. So 4* +Atk Kagero can probably do it without a boost. However, she can only bait one Thief; she'll die if hit by both of them.

Also, clustering everyone at the bottom right (the positions at 0:24 and 0:29 in the 3* unit video) will probably make most of the units try to move through the forests instead of running out through the entrance and swarming you, which was what did me in my last three attempts.

9 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Not by herself, no, but she can bait and kill one Thief and if ATK boosted/+ATK can take the other out without being countered. IIRC she can also take out the Cleric but since I had Tharja do it, so I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: just saw the post above, looks like she can't take out the Cleric after all, sorry! She does take laughable damage with Warding Blow though.

Edited by azurrys

58 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Looks like I gotta train up Donnel:

That Donnel usage blows my mind

But in still baffled how this guy manage to use as Subaki as the go to GHB guy 4 map in a row in a row 

5 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Not both of them at the same time on the same enemy phase in Lunatic. I recommend taking a dancer/singer with her too. 

6 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

She alone probably won't be enough. I brought in a 5* +ATK/-DEF Kagero, and while she decimated like pretty much everyone, I still had to use Dance and Reposition on her to keep her alive and secure kills (She had to hit twice on all the non-ninjas).

2 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Not by herself, no, but she can bait and kill one Thief and if ATK boosted/+ATK can take the other out without being countered. IIRC she can also take out the Cleric but since I had Tharja do it, so I'm not 100% sure.

1 minute ago, komasa said:

Not both of them at the same time on the same enemy phase in Lunatic. I recommend taking a dancer/singer with her too. 

Hmm alright, thank you all for help.

Here's a brief unit review:

I've been training Navarre for the past hour, and dear naga he's garbage. His Atk is really bad, and his default kit is nothing spectacular. He really wants moonbow and defiant Atk, but I'm not sure if it's even worth sacrificing units to give him those skills.

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

But in still baffled how this guy manage to use as Subaki as the go to GHB guy 4 map in a row in a row 

Subaki is a fast physical tank with Quick Riposte and a Sapphire Lance.

Decided to fool around with +Atk -Res Jaffar, and it worked actually. +Spd Jaffar should be able to do this as well, but requires Night Sky to be equipped instead of Glimmer. I don't think this will work for Neutral in those two stats without some further steps, unfortunately.

This is far from foolproof, because IVs factor a lot, and there is more than one key unit. More of a "what I did" post than a "walkthrough". There's probably a much safer way to go about this.

You'll need:

1) Olivia (I used Azura because I gave her Hone Attack anyway)
2) Someone with Hone/Rally Speed, even if you're +Spd. Avoid using Spur.
3) Someone to actually quickly dispose of Navarre, preferably Effie because of Wary Fighter

Starting positions don't matter that much since you have time and space to reposition unlike the Ursula GHB.

Turn 1:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170404-013756_zpsdpf5mwfg.p

Make sure Jaffar gets at least Hone Attack, then place him on this forest tile to bait. You might be thinking, hey, that leaves me in the range of two Thieves! He's gonna die! But for some reason the AI is dumb, and the Thief on the right will occupy the space two tiles to the north of Jaffar instead of the northeast, which blocks the path of the upper Thief. You'll only get hit once.

Turn 2:

Spoiler

After getting slapped by the Thief and slapping him back, the staffer will heal, the Fighter will Ardent Sacrifice, while Navarre and the upper Thief make their move. However, it's also time for you to make yours. With the debuffs from Deathly Dagger and Jaffar's Threaten Spd, this Thief is pretty much dead. +Atk will simply kill the Thief with Hone Atk, but if you're +Spd instead, the Thief will live one hit. After Threaten Spd 3, the Thief will have 34 Spd, but the Fighter's Spur Spd buffs that to effectively 38. Fortunately, +Spd Jaffar with Hone/Rally Spd will be able to double and kill.

Screenshot_20170404-013900_zpsvcm6ryr6.p

Dance Jaffar, then move him to the right to deal with the Fighter. Because of the now-dead Thief's Hone Spd, non-+Spd Jaffars cannot double this Fighter, and you need to double to kill. This is why Spur doesn't work here; you can't reposition the Spur Spd unit to help Jaffar out.

Screenshot_20170404-013925_zpsekjgzfof.p

Raw power won't be enough to kill, so you'll need the help of your Special activation for that extra oomph. If you're +Spd, you should have done attacked 4 times instead of 3 for +Atk; if you brought Glimmer, it would have been wasted in finishing off the Thief, so use Night Sky instead.

Also, no screen-cap, but obviously move your wall unit in front of Navarre, and smack him in the head. With the Fighter gone, even Effies have nothing to fear.

Turn 3:

Spoiler

Navarre will (hopefully) kill himself on your wall, but he/she is gonna take quite a beating from the Thief, especially because of Poison Strike. Non-+Atk Jaffars will fail to ORKO the staff user, and non-+Atk Effies will fail to one-shot the Thief. Definitely Dance or have someone else finish off the Thief if this is the case. Don't have Jaffar attack if he can't ORKO. Effie, despite the beating she took, will be able to survive the staff unit's attack regardless of Bane/Boon I believe, so don't worry too much about that. However, if you're not using Effie, things might get a lot messier...

Maybe I'll figure out something more solid later on.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

As I suspected...pretty easy clear with Adult Tiki + Buff/Spur/HP buddies...which I did mostly because it amused me to watch it play out.

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

11 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

As I suspected...pretty easy clear with Adult Tiki + Hone/Spur/HP buddies...which I did mostly because it amused me to watch it play out.

Hide contents

That's interesting. What caused both Thieves to hit Tiki, but only one Thief to hit my Jaffar? I did it more than once so I don't think it's random.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's interesting. What caused both Thieves to hit Tiki, but only one Thief to hit my Jaffar? I did it more than once so I don't think it's random.

Clearly Jaffar intimidates one of the Thieves into not hitting him. Um...I'd be lying if I said I had any idea, unfortunately =P .

It's been very easy on hard, as Robin basically clears the map, being careful with those axes. Let's see Lunatic, as I made an error and Catria took a hit from the axeman that in lunatic may well kill her.

Edited by Pimalai

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Clearly Jaffar intimidates one of the Thieves into not hitting him. Um...I'd be lying if I said I had any idea, unfortunately =P .

This is just a guess since I have no stamina, but I think it's because you clumped your units together. I left Effie further up as seen in the screenie, which may have drawn the enemies to walk towards her.

This map actually wasn't terrible. I used:

5* Peri with Swordbreaker
4* Laslow with Axebreaker He's +ATK with also Attack +3 and Ignis
4* Olivia just to dance
5* M. Robin with Triangle Adept

Robin baits the ninja on the right. He can't ORKO him, but he chips away a lot of damage. On the player phase, he can finish him off. Next, I use Olivia to move Laslow in front of Robin, and he'll finish off the axe dude when it's his turn. Navarre chases after Peri, and she can finish him off during the next player phase. I used Olivia again to have Peri finish off the second ninja with some help from Robin, and Laslow gets the healer.