Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

Cleared Lunatic using Eirika, Linde, Jaffar, and Elise. Jaffar baited and slaughtered the southern thief with Eirika's buffs, and then got pumped back to full by a rehabilitate from Elise. Moving him around the forest caused the axe fighter and the healer to go on a wild goose chase, which let Linde easily take out Navarre with Eirika's buffs, and Eirika to take out the top thief safely. After that Jaffar and Eirika cleaned up the fighter and healer.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I did that with Robin. Both thieves went after him while the axe guy and healer healed all the damage he dealt while Robin took a lot of damage from both thieves because of Poison Strike. Even if Xander does take out Navarre, Robin will be too low health after that to deal with anything more.

I think you have the wrong tile. I mean the tree in the right bottom most corner. He should only be hit by 1 dagger.

Edited by Kiran

Just now, Kiran said:

I think you have the wrong tile. I mean the tree in the right bottom most corner. 

Nope. there's only one tree above a mountain in a corner .Bottom right like you said.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Nope. there's only one tree above a mountain in a corner .Bottom right like you said.

If you look at the map, where the enemies are clustered, there should be an indent in the forest line. 2 tiles below that is where I put Jaffar so he'd only face 1 thief. The indent in question should be right below where the axe fighter starts, so if you put Robin 3 tiles below him, he'll only be in range of one thief.

Just now, Anacybele said:

But its literally impossible for both daggers to go after him. The top dagger is too far away?

18 minutes ago, Thany said:

I always feel sad when i read people saying this is the easiest lunatic map they have ever done... because i just cannot beat the lunatic map for the life of me... Blast that axe user near the forests...

Hey, it just depends on your team and what you have available more than anything. For me, this one was easy and I did it on the first try. For Ursula and F Robin, I never even beat their Lunatic maps. My units just worked out for this one, and they didn't for those.

Meanwhile, I feel like we should all 3* and train up the daily free units since this dude always comes up with a way to beat the GHB using only those(not even using skill inheritance). At worst one could just copy the strategy he pulls off.

Edited by Alkaid

So far, I cleared the Hard one...

Used 4* Eliwood, 4* Shanna, 4* Nino and 5* Gordin... It was nothin' but just using Gordin to Brave Bow the heck out of everyone and retreating via Nino's Draw Back. Eliwood and Shanna cleaned up the remaining enemies after taking out the thieves and Navarre.

11 minutes ago, JSND said:

You pull Navvare for two turns while making sure the Thief on the right's attention is focused there and you can rush down Navvare and the Thief on the left, which as menioned by @MrSmokestack Abel with Lancebreaker can one shot them both. Its all about cleaning up the rest of the map which isn't that hard if you had one more Red offense

Also my Olivia had like 29 or something speed. She shouldn't get hit by anything but priest to begin with and in this game if she got hit you simply do it wrong. Yes you can be wrong in this game. I personally run the map 36 times on Lunatic before winning. Get over it

You mean Swordbreaker?

Honestly it seems so fitting that Abel of all people makes mincemeat of Navarre. I think the main point people need to consider is that Navarre / the Daggers are hardly the toughest part of this map. It's the hammer fighter. If you can kill him without leaving someone exposed, as mentioned earlier you have a near-endless number of units that can proceed to solo the rest of the map, many of which are blue.

The forest works to your advantage. Draw enemy aggro and you can pull Navarre out of position and into the open where Abel can kill him with relative safety. Meanwhile the daggers are wasting time travelling out of the forest and can similarly be dealt with without fear of a counter.

And wow, 36 tries. Rip your stamina.

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

This is dedication. I hope Navarre was worth those 36 times for you. 

Lets be honest he definitely isn't worth lol. I already have Eirika, Roy, Chrom, and Eliwood for whatever role i want my swordy does, although having my own natural 37 speed Swordfoot is going to be worth it at times probably

But the celebration summon is worth because it gave me +Speed Robin and Caeda -ATK +Speed

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Lets be honest he definitely isn't worth lol. I already have Eirika, Roy, Chrom, and Eliwood for whatever role i want my swordy does, although having my own natural 37 speed Swordfoot is going to be worth it at times probably

But the celebration summon is worth because it gave me +Speed Robin and Caeda -ATK +Speed

At least Navarre can pass Threaten Spd or Desperation, which are both good skill.

And that poor Caeda. Sure she hits 40 Spd, but she can double all she wants, she won't be doing much with 22 Atk sans weapon.

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

I would say Roy, M!Robin, Ninian and Reinhardt. Robin into the trees, + dance so that he can go further in, he should be 1 tile up the mini mountain. This move basically ensures that the axe, healer and dagger are stalled and far away. Navarre and dagger move towards you. Depending on your previous placement, you may have to wait another turn to bait. But you basically want to take out the dagger without taking any dmg. Shouldn't be too hard with a dancer. Navarre should be easy pickings for Reinhardt. Eventually Robin would have taken out the dagger and the axe and healer start to move. Roy swoops in and laughs with his Triangle adept.

Wait, won't the axe moving toward Robin be a bad thing, since he'll probably kill Robin thanks to Triangle Adept? Or am I missing something here?

Also, I just tried this, and Reinhardt died to the Silver Dagger ninja (I'm not sure why, the calc on my turn said he should survive with 9 HP... Reinhardt was only in range of that ninja after one-rounding Navarre, and no one else was in range of enemies except Robin (other ninja) and Roy (axe man, and maybe other ninja but I'm pretty sure he opted to attack Robin instead), and I know they lived, so I'm not sure what happened here). Not entirely sure what I did wrong here, besides having Roy stay near Robin to deal with the axe before it reaches Robin (assuming that wasn't the right call here).

I'll try this strategy again later, when my Stamina comes back. Thanks, mate.

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

Wait, won't the axe moving toward Robin be a bad thing, since he'll probably kill Robin thanks to Triangle Adept? Or am I missing something here?

Also, I just tried this, and Reinhardt died to the Silver Dagger ninja (I'm not sure why, the calc on my turn said he should survive with 9 HP... Reinhardt was only in range of that ninja after one-rounding Navarre, and no one else was in range of enemies except Robin (other ninja) and Roy (axe man, and maybe other ninja but I'm pretty sure he opted to attack Robin instead), and I know they lived, so I'm not sure what happened here). Not entirely sure what I did wrong here, besides having Roy stay near Robin to deal with the axe before it reaches Robin (assuming that wasn't the right call here).

One of the Ninja has death blow, so if Reinhardt was doubled(which he should be) that would be +6 damage twice over, which is why he died.

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

First off. Take care of the dagger that comes with Navarre FIRST. Roy and Reinhardt can take the hit from him but not the dagger. Second the axe won't come after Robin. So Roy doesn't need to buddy him, Roy needs to buddy Reinhardt. Why? Because the axe is too busy healing the dagger. By the time that dagger dies, Reinhardt and Roy have taken out Navarre and the other dagger. Leaving only an axe and healer behind. Roy takes little to no damage from the axe, mine was +DEF and took 0 dmg. 

Edited by Kiran

Glory be to Whitewings! Sort of. I'm in love with Palla and Minerva, they sure are pulling their weights for me.

Turn 1: Palla baits the Green Axe by having Olivia dance her to position

Spoiler

zzv4yF5.png

Turn 2

Spoiler

84RrTZc.png

Palla kills the Green Axe

ZfaHxAN.png

Minerva ORK the Ninja near her.

Olivia dances Minerva to kill the other Ninja.

Minerva tank hits from Navarre (what is WTD lool)

Healer heals Navarre for 8 HP.

Turn 3

Spoiler

6jVFw7o.png

Olivia dances Hinoka to kill Navarre

Minerva destroys the Healer

END

Forgot to mention that they're all vanillas.

Edited by pianime94

The team i tried with was Fae, Lyn, Ephraim, and Takumi. Lyn cant take the dagger onslaught... ephraim gets killed in one hit from the axe user... Fae isnt safe from navarre or the daggers when i want to draw back... and theres a dagger with bowbreaker...

I tried later with Thany and Lissa... but i cannot make good use of lissas healing without her being in danger... and Thany can only take 1 hit from luring a dagger before she has to retreat near her allies.

What kills me the most is the daggers darn special skills.... man i really wish I had bulkier units...

1 minute ago, Thany said:

The team i tried with was Fae, Lyn, Ephraim, and Takumi. Lyn cant take the dagger onslaught... ephraim gets killed in one hit from the axe user... Fae isnt safe from navarre or the daggers when i want to draw back... and theres a dagger with bowbreaker...

I tried later with Thany and Lissa... but i cannot make good use of lissas healing without her being in danger... and Thany can only take 1 hit from luring a dagger before she has to retreat near her allies.

What kills me the most is the daggers darn special skills.... man i really wish I had bulkier units...

What other units do you have? I would advise against Takumi since one of the daggers has bow breaker. Also Fae isn't much use here either due to her color and magic attack.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

Don't worry to much about bowbreaker, Takumi can take two hits an KO on the next turn. The other dagger might become an issue though.

I used Takumi with -SPD +RES, so I didn't care anyway...

Edited by Bartozio

On 4/4/2017 at 10:30 AM, Kiran said:

What other units do you have? I would advise against Takumi since one of the daggers has bow breaker. Also Fae isn't much use here either due to her color and magic attack.

the ones i have thats around level 30 or above is narcian, female robin, gwendlein, Thany, Matthew, alphones, lissa, and a slightly under cordelia...

and if my hotmail was actually working, i could try to login with my phone and just show a picture of my heroes... but thats not happening right now.

edit: seems like hotmail finally let me enter. Now to post some teams

Edited by Thany
Got on phone

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

the ones i have thats around level 30 or above is narcian, female robin, gwendlein, Thany, Matthew, alphones, lissa, and a slightly under cordelia...

and if my hotmail was actually working, i could try to login with my phone and just show a picture of my heroes... but thats not happening right now.

I'll go with Takumi, Cordelia, a dancer, and Lyn. Takumi baits left dagger, kills him next turn. Navarre and top dagger move. Cordelia murders them both with the help of a dancer. Lyn kills off the axe and healer. 

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'll go with Takumi, Cordelia, a dancer, and Lyn. Takumi baits left dagger, kills him next turn. Navarre and top dagger move. Cordelia murders them both with the help of a dancer. Lyn kills off the axe and healer. 

Well i only have a level 12 dancer... if she can avoid combat i might consider it.

16 minutes ago, Thany said:

If you train Cordelia to the point where she can one round Navarre, you can copy my strategy. You should use Lyn, Cordelia, Takumi and a dancer (will not see combat).

Use Takumi to lure the right-most dagger and then kill him next turn. Meanwhile position evryone else at the bottom of the map so Navarre can't reach them.

Next turn have Cordelia kill Navarre and then have Lyn attack the thief behind her, so Takumi can finish him of. Make sure Takumi is out of reach of the axe user by being behind Lyn, you may need to dance Cordelia away for it to work (but you have a dancer for that).

Lyn should be able to kill the axe user, leaving only the healer to left.

Edit. It's alost exactly Kiran's strategy, but I think killing the second thief with Cordelia leaves her exposed to the axe user.

Edited by Bartozio