Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Well, looks like Team Minerva might just make it to the finals. Camilla will likely have to fight either Cordelia or Cherche next, which will hopefully make them burn flags.

Based on yesterday's tweets, burning flags should be less of an issue since it looks like they are planning on issuing a new set of flags with each round. At least, that's my best guess at interpreting the implementation of what they told us.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Based on yesterday's tweets, burning flags should be less of an issue since it looks like they are planning on issuing a new set of flags with each round. At least, that's my best guess at interpreting the implementation of what they told us.

True, but it's also likely that you can save flags from round 1 for round 3, the main difference being that those who save all their flags will have 3x the amount of flags than those who didn't for the finals.

Also, Cordelia vs Cherche will probably be the Ephraim vs Chrom of this gauntlet.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

True, but it's also likely that you can save flags from round 1 for round 3, the main difference being that those who save all their flags will have 3x the amount of flags than those who didn't for the finals.

Also, Cordelia vs Cherche will probably be the Ephraim vs Chrom of this gauntlet.

It's almost certain that you'll be able to, but I get the feeling that due to the issuance of flags for each round (and the adjustment of the rewards to hopefully be the same across all rounds), more people will be spending all of their flags on each round.

50 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I, for one, shall donate my. . .uh, someone to Tsubaki's cause.  Support the lone dude!

The match-ups are really funny.  There's the princesses, the retainers, the Awakening duo, and boss vs. underling.  This WILL be interesting (but RIP Palla).

I predict Camilla/Cordelia/Minerva in the next round, with the Retainer Rumble being the toss-up.

Any suggestions on which character(s) I should put up for this?

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Any suggestions on which character(s) I should put up for this?

I would imagine any archer in existence is probably a safe bet. Takumi is going to have a field day with this Voting Gauntlet.

Any advice for Voting Gauntlet virgins? I'm really excited to participate in this after missing out on the first one. I would also like to support Tsubaki for his round if it's possible to give a vote in each round, cause um ... cute science. 

4 minutes ago, komasa said:

Any advice for Voting Gauntlet virgins? I'm really excited to participate in this after missing out on the first one. I would also like to support Tsubaki for his round if it's possible to give a vote in each round, cause um ... cute science. 

Yes... science is the exact same reason he gets my vote... pure science... *Ahem*

That and just how much he has saved me for several GHB and several quests (Lunatic and Training Tower come to mind).

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My Takumi has a weird boon/bane combination: +def -HP. Think that'll still suffice?

Sure. He's going to be super effective against most fliers (Seriously, not that many people will sacrifice a only-two-in-existence Michalis for just one skill) which will make it easier for so many players. Not to mention, his Close Counter means that the fliers can't even hit him safely without getting barbecued in response.

EDIT: Also please ignore the numerous typos I had in the earliest version of this post.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

6 minutes ago, Orson said:

I shall burn all my flags for Princess Hinoka in a doomed effort against the fanservice beast.

Have my respect. I always can't help but admire those that charge into futile battles completely knowingly, all for the sake of their championed hero. No, that wasn't sarcasm, I feel legit respect to people that support a certain side despite it being incredibly obvious that they'd lose.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Well, looks like Team Minerva might just make it to the finals. Camilla will likely have to fight either Cordelia or Cherche next, which will hopefully make them burn flags.

Camilla won't have to fight anyone next if Hinoka wins.  Just sayin'...

1 hour ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Have my respect. I always can't help but admire those that charge into futile battles completely knowingly, all for the sake of their championed hero. No, that wasn't sarcasm, I feel legit respect to people that support a certain side despite it being incredibly obvious that they'd lose.

Oh my, thanks. The thing is... gauntlets are basically silly popularity polls and personally I find that supporting the characters I actually like is more fun than a bunch of extra victory feathers. Also the REAL prize (orbs!) is a shared one, so I'm not really losing anything important by following my preferences.

Predictions:

Camilla leaves the bloody corpse of Hinoka behind while unscathed herself.
Cordelia gets to lay down and lick her wounds after a tough fight against Cherce.
Palla gracefully bows out in defeat after a sparring match with her Matriarch.
Beruka and Subaki tink each other's armour. The staring contest intensifies untill one falls asleep and the other wins.

Gee, I wonder who'll win...for what purpose are they putting out these one-sided popularity contests anyway? Everyone knows who is the most popular, they don't need to reaffirm it.

On the one hard, I'm glad Minerva is likely going to make it to round 2.

On the other, it's looking like my #2, 3, and 4 choices for who to support(Palla, Cherche, Hinoka) will all get knocked out.

I guess I can support Beruka, maybe.

Just now, Sayyyaka said:

Gee, I wonder who'll win...for what purpose are they putting out these one-sided popularity contests anyway? Everyone knows who is the most popular, they don't need to reaffirm it.

It doesn't need to be as one-sided as last time though. The difference between Cordelia and Camila in CYL event was similar to Ephraim and Chrom. Also, a lot of awakening fans will have voted for Lucina there, but will go with Cordelia now. Thus evryone who doesn't want Camila to win should join Cordelia!

This scares me. Is this even possible with Minerva and Cordelia combined?

EDIT: Wow didn't think Palla was that popular but okay. Nor did I expect Cherche to be not as popular.

Edited by Falcom

Just now, Silith13 said:

Except that Brave bow sucks on enemy phase.

Well, and it doesn't double on the enemy phase. But if you are dead before your phase, who cares?