Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

Just now, Falcom said:

Well I mean if you want to interpret my message as, "Hey, everyone who wants more feathers shouldn't join the clear winner. Come to the losing team since you climb ranks easier," then by all means do so. But then if that's the case, it might reach the point where it's easier to climb the ranks of the popular character over the underdog. Which, is rather weird since it becomes clear that so many people actually are in it for the feathers. I fear one day it might actually happen.

Oh I wasn't answering to you in particular. It was just an observation of a potential flaw in the "ll join the clear winner to maximize my feathers" mentality I've seen some people have in regards to this gauntlet.

As for me, I'll probably join team Cherche for the first round. The poll shown earlier seems to indicate that Cordelia has the clear advantage, which doesn't surprise me that much. Not sure who I'll pick if Cherche doesn't win (which kind of seems like the likely outcome). If I had to rank the units in the gauntlet, it would probably go Cherche > Cordelia > Minerva > Hinoka > Subaki > Palla > Berka > Camilla, so I guess I'd pick my favorite out of the remaining character.

They should totally have made a Tellius focus and replaced Camilla and Hinoka with Jill and Marcia though

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to make the current system better:

I wouldn't make the winning feathers lower, I'd just make it so that everyone gets 1,500 feathers at the final round, and the winner gets 500. So if you started from the beginning of the gauntlet and lost in the final round, you'd get 1,500 for participating. But if you started in round 2 and lost the final round, you'd only get 1,000. Whereas if you started from the beginning and won the final round, you'd have 2,000 feathers.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I thought of another reason why I should support Tsubaki. His name reminds me of watermelons.

Elaborate? 

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Alternatively, we could take the thread in the direction of "well what solutions do you have for the current system?" In which case I'd propose lowering the feather reward of being on the winning team and increasing the feather reward for ranking, which should serve to balance things out some more. 

I think they should remove the feather reward for winning altogether, and instead just have a small feather participation award plus the ranking feather awards (which would be considerably higher).

Instead, the reward for the winning team should be something that still promotes people voting for their personal favorites, like making it so that the winning character will be guaranteed an alternate version in <insert upcoming alternate character event>.  This way, there's still a reward for the winning team, but there's not really any personal advantage to bandwagoning rather than supporting your favorite character.

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

They should totally have made a Tellius focus and replaced Camilla and Hinoka with Jill and Marcia though

Go Jugdral with Altena and Arion!

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I think they should remove the feather reward for winning altogether, and instead just have a small feather participation award plus the ranking feather awards (which would be considerably higher).

Instead, the reward for the winning team should be something that still promotes people voting for their personal favorites, like making it so that the winning character will be guaranteed an alternate version in <insert upcoming alternate character event>.  This way, there's still a reward for the winning team, but there's not really any personal advantage to bandwagoning rather than supporting your favorite character.

I was aiming for a fix that would take as little extra work for the devs as possible (which would also make it easier/faster to implement), but I do like the idea of the reward being focused on the character itself to deter people from bandwagoning on characters they don't care about. 

This voting gauntlet will be interesting to say.  If we look at this technical for hero feather efficiency and by popularity rates.  This voting gauntlet heavily favors Camilla.  So logically players will support her then the other.  But we still have strong secondary choices with Minerva, Hinoka, Palla, and Cordelia.  Each who have a good follows.  Going by bracket position and twitter popularity check. For secondary has the best odds of potential beating Camilla.  As her potential army shouldn't have to waste banners for her first round.  While it be blood path for Palla and Minerva(this will be Chrom vs Epihram levels here).  Then Hinoka army will have to go all in round one to survive Camilla. In which in theory should deplete banner reserves.  So depending on how brackets are set up. We may see more realistic chance of Camilla not winning as this progress.

With that said less look at the advantage of going with a non popular character. For me out of the Eight these three are my favorite Cordelia, Cherche, Normal Camilla. I have Cherche.  Who by the polls is not a favorite, will be up against hard competition against one of most popular franchise women, not a everyone will have her for bonus banner effect(subaki is the only character who has that advantage) and has low odds of going to second round. What advantage do I have with this character instead of picking the other two.  I have character banner bonus if I use her, fighting with her will be easier since she has advantage over blue units.  Making her fights in theory easier or equal, and less of player pull to fight against for ranks in her army.  Her opponent may not have as strong an army in theory given player may choose other characters then predicted, So in theory I would have a strong time getting rank bonus for feathers if I go all in with Cherche. But is it worth it for me.  Lets compare data from lasting voting gauntlet with Lucina who I went all in with and used all my battle flags third round.

First max battle flags use. If they do the same like last time on quest.  For Cherche I can have 1110 Battle flags total instead of 1130 I had for Lucina. These would have x110 modifier.  Where if I go Camillia who I would in theory wait for last round would be 1130 x 1000 since I don't own the character.  So if I put in the time to battle and get the basic battle flag score which will be these after 12 wins

Cherche = 122100

Lucina = 124300

Camillia = 111300

Looking at this if I'm concern with rank score.  Cherche would be better advantage for me then Camillia. While I would get double rank score on feather if they keep things the same.  I may not get the higher rank.  Since I was part of Lucina army.  I know what that score can lead me to.  Take in casual addition game play. I ranked 384 which qualified me for 3000 feathers. With going with Cherche that score will get in rank 1-1000 at 1500 feathers.  If I go with Camilla I'll be at a disadvantage of those who have the character. So I would not get rank 1-1000 if I went all.  Granted I can still get good amount of feathers if I'm rank 1,001-50,000.  Thing is people know third round is double.  So I have increase player base to fight against who may go all in third round.  Where if 50,000 do more points then me.  I'm looking to do less then 1500 feathers.  So for me in this scenario its best to go all in first round.  Since going with the Lucina camp and not using any battle flags first two rounds.  I got no hero feathers and that was being with her army at the start.  So I know for one round I can only get good rank once. Plus if it looks Camilla will over all win I can still her army third round and get participate feather of 1000.

So with that this looks like if your concern about hero feathers. As long as you have the hero and put the time to participate to get all the battle flags for round your aiming for and get 12 wins.  Your good.  Camillia does have the popularity advantage and you may get more feathers or least the you won this round feathers.  You can still go with your hero and have fun.

Time to raise the Cherche banner and give them Hell on the battlefield!

19 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Yeah that's fine. I'm just worried someone might take [Arcanite's] advocating a bit too seriously. XD

Has that happened though? There's a lot of fun, lighthearted sarcasm floating around, and there's no need to chill the thread if there's no actual problem. I've also added a lot of ridiculous advocacy. It's all in good-natured fun, or at least that is my intention.

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Again, not sure of the appropriate response to this one.

Giggity?

The appropriate reaction is probably "lol," considering it's a joke. (Operating under the assumption that the joke worked.) But perhaps we need to run a poll to find out the appropriate reaction?

33 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You're right; I probably should have chosen less combative words. Though, "might not care about any of the characters" is the same thing as "apathetic". I'm not necessarily saying they're wrong in going for feathers if they don't care about anyone. I'm simply expressing my disappointment that the event as a whole is influenced a lot more by feathers than the characters themselves, it seems like, or at least a lot moreso than I think should be the case. That's both the fault of the developers who implemented this specific reward system but also the players who take advantage of it, but either way I feel the event suffers for it. 

In any case, I'm done derailing this thread. I just needed to get this off my chest. 

Alternatively, we could take the thread in the direction of "well what solutions do you have for the current system?" In which case I'd propose lowering the feather reward of being on the winning team and increasing the feather reward for ranking, which should serve to balance things out some more. 

Well, I personally don't feel too invested in any of these characters, so I don't feel too offended or anything if I'm considered to be 'apathetic'. So it's totally fine if you feel like using that term to describe such people; at the very least, I myself won't complain about it. Being totally honest, I am kinda hesitant to join Camilla. I don't hate her but like I said, none of these characters really top my charts or anything. The way it is now, I'll probably see how much of a lead Camilla will gain over the 7 other contestants in the first 30 minutes. If Cordelia is somewhat close, I'll probably join her even if she's behind. I have a Cordelia and while she isn't on Tiki's level in terms of my personal preference, I am kind of leaning towards her since bandwagoning on Camilla does feel kinda strange to me.

Still, the feather rewards for being on the winning team was like 500 right? Do a lot of people really jump ship for that miniscule amount of feathers? Like, sure, you get 1500 more for being on the winning team throughout, but there's the fact that being on the winning team makes it harder to rank there throughout all three rounds. So that theoratical 1500 will get dropped quite a bit further, to maybe 500-1000 given a rough estimate. Since there's also the fact that other characters can win and grant the 500 bonus during the first two rounds as well. I mean, if a character like Tiki or Ninian was up there, I'd consider it outright blasphemy to go against them for such a pitiful amount of feathers. You can offer me 20,000 feathers and I still would consider it sacrilege to betray them.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Honestly, I'm just vaguely amused by this topic because, as a bid to get Robin (F) Gronraven, I am now literally sitting on 1 feather.

Still going for my favourites.

You gave F robin gronraven or gronraven +?

4 minutes ago, Astellius said:

The appropriate reaction is probably "lol," considering it's a joke. (Operating under the assumption that the joke worked.) But perhaps we need to run a poll to find out the appropriate reaction?

No need for a poll, I think you summed it up pretty well. So my reaction is here:

lol?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The + version.

Wow, that's cool

Meanwhile I have 36,000 feathers sitting there because I don't know what to do with them heh.

And after the gauntlet I'll have a huge shtockpile's worth.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Wow, that's cool

Meanwhile I have 36,000 feathers sitting there because I don't know what to do with them heh.

To be honest, you struck me as the type that would constantly 5* Oboro(s) and merge them together.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Just now, Arcanite said:

Wow, that's cool

Unfortunately, Robin doesn't have the SP to actually acquire it. As a result, I probably won't be throwing her into the Gauntlet this time- besides, I have a 5* Merric now. He's low level, though...

Sadly, I don't have a Raouraven user as an anti-wyvern measure. I kinda want to run Tharja as one, but people tell me she prefers Raourblade. I... agree, but that's what the "Equip Skill" function is for.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Raouraven … Raourblade

The letter is ð, called eth. It can be substituted by dh if you can't be bothered to look it up in the charmap or something.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

The letter is ð, called eth. It can be substituted by dh if you can't be bothered to look it up in the charmap or something.

I'm fairly sure Gron and Bla spells have similar fancy spellings. I mostly just don't want to bother, partially because I don't know if I'm spelling them right in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

No need for a poll, I think you summed it up pretty well. So my reaction is here:

lol?

My mention of a poll was intended to be sarcastic. It may or may not be apparent at this point, but I'm a huge fan of sarcasm and silliness. My sarcasm is like Xander's carrot: big, hard, and an unrelenting force of universal destruction. So I guess you should just take it for what it is.

Spoiler

And you should definitely take it :D

5 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

To be honest, you struck me as the type that would constantly 5* Oboro(s) and merge them together.

That would be me!  Oboro(s) is the only one I've promoted.  I don't care if she is ranked low as in stats in the game, I will make her the best unit out there!!

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

You'll find it funny that my oboro is close to reaching a 1,000 SP for the incredibly ridiculous build I'm gonna give her hee hee hee.

Nah, I'm the type that wants to be 658,627% sure that this is the unit I want to 5 star with absolutely no regrets. If I didn't promote some 4 stars I think I would've been at 42,000 by now. I just keep going back and forth and back and forth and up and down then sideways then upside down then back and forth again. Nonetheless, that's enough de-railing from me.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

That would be me!  Oboro(s) is the only one I've promoted.  I don't care if she is ranked low as in stats in the game, I will make her the best unit out there!!

We're like 2 birds of a feather lol

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm fairly sure Gron and Bla spells have similar fancy spellings. I mostly just don't want to bother, partially because I don't know if I'm spelling them right in the first place.

Actually, Gronn is just your usual letters without any diacriticals (I was very surprised when I had to correct myself after sticking an unneeded accent over the o). Blár does have an accent though. Fun thing, the words just mean red, green, and blue in some Nordic language (Icelandic maybe?)

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Fun thing, the words just mean red, green, and blue in some Nordic language (Icelandic maybe?)

Is this how you talk now, or is this just a phase? Regardless, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what they mean through inductive reasoning.

am I the only one who reads strikethrough as a whisper?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Is this how you talk now, or is this just a phase? Regardless, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what they mean through inductive reasoning.

am I the only one who reads strikethrough as a whisper?

What was that I can't hear you