Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Is this how you talk now, or is this just a phase? Regardless, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what they mean through inductive reasoning.

am I the only one who reads strikethrough as a whisper?

Hush. Let me look a tiny bit smarter than I actually am!

No, you aren't.

Anyway, I wish we could choose the leader to represent us without the thing being locked to the leftmost unit of the leftmost team.
As the leftmost team also doubles as the arena defence team, you run a risk of unfavourable match-up for the sake of helping your teammates.

Also, whom do I set to represent me among us Minervites from the list of Sharena, Catria, Lilina, and Michalis?
Mike fighting for his sister (and not fighting his sister) would be awesome but hey.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Elaborate? 

The Korean word for watermelons is "수박", which can be romanized as "subak". Which is included in Tsubaki.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The Korean word for watermelons is "수박", which can be romanized as "subak". Which is included in Tsubaki.

Oh, well that's cool.

You should join team Minerva though, her name means brilliance. And I'm not too sure how brilliant a watermelon is heh ;)

@Vaximillian put sharena because buffs

Couldn't be more simpler than that

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Oh, well that's cool.

You should join team Minerva though, her name means brilliance. And I'm not too sure how brilliant a watermelon is heh ;)

I'll join team Minerva when Tsubaki loses. Because at this point, it's not a matter of "if" but "when".

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'll join team Minerva when Tsubaki loses. Because at this point, it's not a matter of "if" but "when".

Wish they'd stop including people nobody would root for. Like seriously, who would vote for subaki in a wave of waifus. 

Hopefully next gauntlet will be filled with a bunch of people with a ton of support

@Vaximillian yeah I'll  do that right now

Edited by Arcanite

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Wish they'd stop including people nobody would root for. Like seriously, who would vote for subaki in a wave of waifus. 

Hopefully next gauntlet will be filled with a bunch of people with a ton of support

I was about to suggest top eight in the Ballot, but according to my spreadsheet, that's the following:

Ike, Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, Roy, Hector, Corrin, Camilla.

Corrin seems like a goner and Ike'll have to wait. For reference, the next two down are Marth and Robin.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I was about to suggest top eight in the Ballot, but according to my spreadsheet, that's the following:

Ike, Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, Roy, Hector, Corrin, Camilla.

Corrin seems like a goner and Ike'll have to wait. For reference, the next two down are Marth and Robin.

I'd switch out corn for Marf. After that it'll be nice and even. If that was the case I think I'd go with team Lyn cause I have her and she's baby gurl #1

1 minute ago, predator_21476 said:

Speaking of units that people should have as the lead should I have Azura, Ryoma, Kagero, Ephraim, Eirika or Julia as my lead. I am leaning on Azura though because she's really good and sing is a godsend.

Which team you on?

The brackets even pair nicely. Lucina/Marth and Tharja/Camilla are the obvious ones, though whether you go Roy/Lyn & Hector/Ike or Roy/Ike & Hector/Lyn depends on what you think makes more sense in context.

...Oh my, I actually want this now. Any way we can reasonably run this ourselves?

Edited by phineas81707

4 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

I'm going Palla fully prepared to lose the first round.

I'd just go Ryoma for keks.

@phineas81707 with some sort of hacking, if this was done on some sort of private server, then maybe. But I'm no computer wizard so you're asking the wrong group of people lol

Edited by Arcanite

I'm still divided on who to put up as my rep between Roy, Takumi, Abel or Kagero.

+Def/-HP, +Spd/-Def, +Def/-Res and +HP/-Spd respectively, in case you're wondering.

Edit: Also joining team Minerva for those who want either of these.

Edited by Zero1000

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Girls.

No, I'm completely serious here. Because girls have husbandos too.

Real talk: I despise the words waifus and husbandos so, so much. Is this what we've been reduced to? Caring about characters solely for how attractive or how much they look like a desirable partner to you? Not for their characters or growth or anything? Shame.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hide contents

Real talk: I despise the words waifus and husbandos so, so much. Is this what we've been reduced to? Caring about characters solely for how attractive or how much they look like a desirable partner to you? Not for their characters or growth or anything? Shame.

I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way!

I guess girls do have their "husbandos" but Subaki doesn't seem to be a popular "Husbando" choice, according to the twitter poll.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I guess girls do have their "husbandos" but Subaki doesn't seem to be a popular "Husbando" choice, according to the twitter poll.

Oh, I completely agree with you on that, but remember: in this gauntlet, Tsubaki is the husbando because everyone else is a girl :P:

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Girls.

No, I'm completely serious here. Because girls have husbandos too.

Hide contents

I think at this point, it's just that the terminologies have become so memetic that everyone kind of ends up using them to describe a character they like. In fact, I think it's less about attractiveness, and more about Awakening's extensive marriage system that led so many people to adopt the phrase. Particularly, Robin being able to support with anyone of the opposite gender was probably the icing on top of the cake, as the player then got the chance to make whoever they wanted their in-game 'husbando' or 'waifu'. If there wasn't such a marriage system in place, 'waifu' would have honestly been a very out-of-place phrase and not gotten so much steam as a result.

And let's be honest, looks are always going to factor somewhat in how much one likes a character. You can make Wrys the deepest character ever, and I'm not going to run him in my team even if hell freezes over. We can all pretend to be above it, and act like it doesn't influence our choices whatsoever, but I think everyone knows otherwise at the back of their minds. That being said, I do agree that liking someone solely for their attractiveness is a rather shallow reason and even I'm not fond of that mindset. Then again, I have a tendency to find dragons cool, so perhaps I'm also a shallow person as well? Well, even if I am, I don't particularly plan on changing that detail about me. But I do like Tiki and Ninian for their backstories; I actually like them more than Nowi, even though Nowi is my fattest unit (40+6) that I spent all my time on because she's the only dragon I can realistically hit 40+10 with. 

Well there we go I officially have a lv40 5* Michalis to send off to support Minerva for however long that ship stays afloat!

This was defiantly a good use of my past half hour yup :U

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I think at this point, it's just that the terminologies have become so memetic that everyone kind of ends up using them to describe a character they like. In fact, I think it's less about attractiveness, and more about Awakening's extensive marriage system that led so many people to adopt the phrase. Particularly, Robin being able to support with anyone of the opposite gender was probably the icing on top of the cake, as the player then got the chance to make whoever they wanted their in-game 'husbando' or 'waifu'. If there wasn't such a marriage system in place, 'waifu' would have honestly been a very out-of-place phrase and not gotten so much steam as a result.

And let's be honest, looks are always going to factor somewhat in how much one likes a character. You can make Wrys the deepest character ever, and I'm not going to run him in my team even if hell freezes over. We can all pretend to be above it, and act like it doesn't influence our choices whatsoever, but I think everyone knows otherwise at the back of their minds. That being said, I do agree that liking someone solely for their attractiveness is a rather shallow reason and even I'm not fond of that mindset. Then again, I have a tendency to find dragons cool, so perhaps I'm also a shallow person as well? Well, even if I am, I don't particularly plan on changing that detail about me. But I do like Tiki and Ninian for their backstories; I actually like them more than Nowi, even though Nowi is my fattest unit (40+6) that I spent all my time on because she's the only dragon I can realistically hit 40+10 with. 

I definitely agree with you that looks are going to have a big part of a person's interest in a character, especially if they're fictional. Because being invested in a fictional character because of their looks is low investment and probably has less serious consequences than doing the same with a real person. Still, there are certain things that make me wonder if a person likes a character for anything besides their looks at all. Like if Character A is portrayed in the story as being an awful person who cares only for themselves and never learns anything or is kind to anyone, but people still defend them because they're attractive or had an "awful past" or something. Or they make up a Freudian excuse for them. Or people who write fanfics about Character B, but that character is so OOC that you wonder if the person writing the story likes their character at all or just their pretty face. And this kind of stuff is all too common, especially in fanfiction.

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Well there we go I officially have a lv40 5* Michalis to send off to support Minerva for however long that ship stays afloat!

This was defiantly a good use of my past half hour yup :U

You sir have made a wise choice for the good of Macedon!

27 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I'm still divided on who to put up as my rep between Roy, Takumi, Abel or Kagero.

+Def/-HP, +Spd/-Def, +Def/-Res and +HP/-Spd respectively, in case you're wondering.

Edit: Also joining team Minerva for those who want either of these.

Takumi, Any day of the week

Also to all who are my friends, I'm using my M Robin!

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, I completely agree with you on that, but remember: in this gauntlet, Tsubaki is the husbando because everyone else is a girl :P:

Yeah you're right! Subaki is against Cherche first round? Right? I think you guys stand a fighting chance.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Yeah you're right! Subaki is against Cherche first round? Right? I think you guys stand a fighting chance.

Vs Beruka, if he was vs Cherché, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't stand much of a chance.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I think it was Beruka, but I'm not 100% sure. The match-ups that were released earlier are accurate, right?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I think it was Beruka, but I'm not 100% sure. The match-ups that were released earlier are accurate, right?

They are.  It's up on the Serenes Forest homepage as well if you missed it on here.