Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I think it was Beruka, but I'm not 100% sure. The match-ups that were released earlier are accurate, right?

Yeah if it's beruka you definitely won. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I definitely agree with you that looks are going to have a big part of a person's interest in a character, especially if they're fictional. Because being invested in a fictional character because of their looks is low investment and probably has less serious consequences than doing the same with a real person. Still, there are certain things that make me wonder if a person likes a character for anything besides their looks at all. Like if Character A is portrayed in the story as being an awful person who cares only for themselves and never learns anything or is kind to anyone, but people still defend them because they're attractive or had an "awful past" or something. Or they make up a Freudian excuse for them. Or people who write fanfics about Character B, but that character is so OOC that you wonder if the person writing the story likes their character at all or just their pretty face. And this kind of stuff is all too common, especially in fanfiction.

Hm... I have to admit, those scenarios are indeed exceedingly common. Yeah, in those cases, I'm probably totally on board with you about finding such behavior rather deplorable. Admittedly speaking, I find myself being a huge fan of certain villains from time to time, even if they're total psychopaths. But I'll be liking them because they're such irredeemable pricks that make the story interesting and compelling. I most certainly won't be doing something like defending their actions like many fanfic writers tend to do. So yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from about people caring only about appearances. Indeed, I'd rather this fandom avoid such mentality if possible.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah you're right! Subaki is against Cherche first round? Right? I think you guys stand a fighting chance.

Against Cherche? Yeah, right, as if he had chances against her. But he's against Beruka, so ehh.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think it was Beruka, but I'm not 100% sure. The match-ups that were released earlier are accurate, right?

The match-ups came from the official twitter, so I guess yes, they are accurate.

I originally thought I'd be facing off against other wyverns, so I set Ryoma as my rep. Turns out all the wyverns are fighting pegasus knights first round.

In that case, I'm probably going to set Julia (with Bowbreaker) as my rep to deal with enemy blue fliers, archers, and the M!Robins sent out to fight those archers as my rep. 

However, I also have 5* Ninian, Michalis, Sharena, Ephraim, Effie, Robin, Reinhardt, Minerva, Camilla, Jaffar, and Takumi (didn't bother including healers and reds) if anyone thinks a different rep would be better than Julia. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I originally thought I'd be facing off against other wyverns, so I set Ryoma as my rep. Turns out all the wyverns are fighting pegasus knights first round.

In that case, I'm probably going to set Julia (with Bowbreaker) as my rep to deal with enemy blue fliers, archers, and the M!Robins sent out to fight those archers as my rep. 

However, I also have 5* Ninian, Michalis, Sharena, Ephraim, Effie, Robin, Reinhardt, Minerva, Camilla, Jaffar, and Takumi (didn't bother including healers and reds) if anyone thinks a different rep would be better than Julia. 

Julia will work nicely.  I was going to use my 5* Ninian as the leader, but I'm not sure.  My other good options against the pegasi riders are Takumi and since Cherche is vs Cordelia I also have a new level 40 Bunny Chrom that I could use.  The real Cordelia wouldn't be able to fight against her precious Chrom in a bunny outfit.

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Julia will work nicely.  I was going to use my 5* Ninian as the leader, but I'm not sure.  My other good options against the pegasi riders are Takumi and since Cherche is vs Cordelia I also have a new level 40 Bunny Chrom that I could use.  The real Cordelia wouldn't be able to fight against her precious Chrom in a bunny outfit.

Chrom in a bunny outfit would knock her out faster than Grima could ever hope to.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

I see this voting gauntlet as a big SP farming fest, 9 potential SP every 30 min. Will just be using 5* stars that can carry but need SP as well due to skill inheritance, so training my Michalis and Jaffar and giving them over to who ever needs them. 

I was on the reddit seeing what people were choosing and about Subaki, except the Make Husbando Great again, I noticed people voting him because "first male Pegasus Ryder". 

Is that correct? He is the first?

The argument of why a popular character is even in a voting gauntlet honestly confuses me, especially when that character fits in it, and there are other highly popular characters. With Lucina I'll only concede that Lissa would have been a better choice because then it would all be brothers and sisters but with this, why shouldn't Camilla be in it?

I feel like it's just because of her blatant fanservice and the fact that she's become such a meme that people are so averse to her. If we didn’t have Camilla, and instead had some other random flying unit, I highly doubt people would make such an uproar for what would then be a likely Cordelia a victory.

I don't care about the antihype as much, but when people say that a certain character shouldn't be in it just because they're popular that annoys me. Also, I feel like if I was voting for Camilla, I would be pretty annoyed that everyone would just assume I'm voting for her for the feathers. She's the bandwagon choice because she's popular, so a lot of people clearly would want to vote for her for reasons other than feathers.

Anyway, screw Camilla. Her loyal retainer wants your vote!

3 minutes ago, Vitiulia said:

I was on the reddit seeing what people were choosing and about Subaki, except the Make Husbando Great again, I noticed people voting him because "first male Pegasus Ryder". 

Is that correct? He is the first?

According to FE:Wiki, it really does seem like he's the first male one. Couldn't find anyone else. Makes sense since it was a gender-exclusive class for the longest time.

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

According to FE:Wiki, it really does seem like he's the first male one. Couldn't find anyone else. Makes sense since it was a gender-exclusive class for the longest time.

Yeah, first playable one. Some early FE games (I'm thinking 3) had male pegasus knights as enemies, but these never found their way into the player's army.

Welp, Cordelia's probably not going to make it to the finals. Definitely gonna try hard for her though!

Winner of Camilla vs. Hinoka faces off against winner of Cordelia vs. Cherche.

Winner of Palla vs. Minerva faces off against winner of Subaki vs. Beruka.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So it looks like the two classes are not split up like the last Gauntlet. 

Also, sadly, looks like no new Xenologue (unless they're waiting for Thursday or something)

Still waiting on Chrom x Ephraim Paralogue/Xenologue. Damn you Intelligent Systems, make it a thing!

4 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

There will be again a grand prize if we get to 10 billion votes. 20 orbs, 5 badges of each and 5000 universal crystals

And we may exceed that amount by a lot again.

Anyone on team Minerva looking for an archer can feel free to add me. My ID is on my signature.

oh no...they've changed the rules!!! Your team doesn't have to feature a character from your friend list anymore  :angry:

I was soooo counting on my lvl40 friends to support my lvl12 Subaki :>_<:

^ Probably for the best, exploiting can be fun it & all, but sometimes unfair can just be unfair.

Unless you're grinding, its alway ok to exploit grinding.:B):

Edited by Zangetsu

The initial scores should be posted very soon. I really wonder how they'll turn out...

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

So should I be saving my flags this time, or using them as I go? I wasted so many helping Ephraim defeat Chrom.

Your missions will get refreshed each round, so even if you blow them now, you'll have more to use later. Other than that detail, it's really up to you.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

^ Probably for the best, exploiting can be fun it & all, but sometimes unfair can just unfair.:B):

I just realise....it might be because none of my friends selected Subaki LOL