Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I guess that's true. Even so, there are still a million other units better to promote than Cherche. Her pivot is also quite useful for other units too heh.

Anybody think they'll keep the same reward goal for the orbs? Cause to me we hit that way too quick. 20 orbs is pretty generous but, sheesh. When Lucina reaches the first goal with her points alone then, as a famous rapper once said:

"What's the point in even tryin'?"

Don't think that they are going to give out orbs this time. Likely they only gave out prizes last time because it was the first voting gauntlet. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean we don't all have those "million other units" (also which units are you even referring to? Bc Cherche is arguably the green melee unit not named Hector with the most potential (I specify melee bc Gronnblade trumps all)).

Sophia!

Representing team Ephraim, I'll definitely not make part of Camilla's team. I'll be sticking with any chaaracter that will have a hard time to win this gauntlet,since I'll fight until the bitter end!!!

Sadly I haven't played Awakening neither Fates and even Mystery of the Emblem,so I'll just choose somebody randonmly.

8 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Sadly I haven't played Awakening neither Fates and even Mystery of the Emblem,so I'll just choose somebody randonmly.

You should absolutely randomly choose Minerva. She's cool.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean we don't all have those "million other units" (also which units are you even referring to? Bc Cherche is arguably the green melee unit not named Hector with the most potential (I specify melee bc Gronnblade trumps all)).

We can both agree on gronnblade, that's for sure.

But you're specifying a little too much. If we're limiting the pool to just green units then yeah, Cherche is something to look at. But being Green is already a disadvantage in and of itself. Considering High tier units like Nino and Robin and Eirika are available 3 or 4 stars, and many many others, Her value as a synthetic 5 star can become regrettable. All 5 stars have their worth in salt, but at the same time, how far does a 5 star green unit that flies go in a sea of Red units and Takumi. That's why I still haven't promoted anything cause even though I like my people, I want to wait until the next thang comes in and outshines everyone else (AKA Xander)

So by a "million other units" I mean "any low star, high tier, obtainable unit". Like Klein, A Tiki, M Robin, Nino, Tharja, Jeorge, Roy, Marth, Kagero and the like.

Spoiler

Just want to say that I'm not rejecting her capabilities of being a solid unit.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

We can both agree on gronnblade, that's for sure.

But you're specifying a little too much. If we're limiting the pool to just green units then yeah, Cherche is something to look at. But being Green is already a disadvantage in and of itself. Considering High tier units like Nino and Robin and Eirika are available 3 or 4 stars, and many many others, Her value as a synthetic 5 star can become regrettable. All 5 stars have their worth in salt, but at the same time, how far does a 5 star green unit that flies go in a sea of Red units and Takumi. That's why I still haven't promoted anything cause even though I like my people, I want to wait until the next thang comes in and outshines everyone else (AKA Xander)

So by a "million other units" I mean "any low star, high tier, obtainable unit". Like Klein, A Tiki, M Robin, Nino, Tharja, Jeorge, Roy, Marth, Kagero and the like.

Reveal hidden contents

Just want to say that I'm not rejecting her capabilities of being a solid unit.

You say a "sea of Red units and Takumi" but I honestly see basically one Takumi maybe every 7 matches in my Arena tier, and blue units are beginning to become more common than red.

Anyways I specified green bc I didn't want to bother with calcs regarding more of the cast, but if you really wanted me to, I can sit here proving she ORKOs more of the cast than a hefty amount of red, blue, and colorless units too. 

I would also highly disagree that a list of "a million other units worth promoting over Cherche" would include Klein, Jeorge, or Roy of all units. Not to mention Kagero is nigh unusuable in Arena, even though I agree she's a great unit overall, because of her low stat total. Hell, even Robin's unviable unless he's merged to +10.

11 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

Eugh.

As much as I adored Cherche in Awakening (and thought Cordelia was aight), Camilla has been one of the anchors of my Heroes experience thus far...  I just can't side against my Nohrian princess.

Plus extra feathers would be nice.

None of the flyers I use are in this gauntlet, besides Camilla. 

I just hope easter Camilla counts for the extra points. 

26 minutes ago, Mister Cold said:

None of the flyers I use are in this gauntlet, besides Camilla. 

I just hope easter Camilla counts for the extra points. 

All signs point to Bunny Camilla not counting, but we can hope and pray that is not the case.

Edited by red-and-soulless

3 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You say a "sea of Red units and Takumi" but I honestly see basically one Takumi maybe every 7 matches in my Arena tier, and blue units are beginning to become more common than red.

Anyways I specified green bc I didn't want to bother with calcs regarding more of the cast, but if you really wanted me to, I can sit here proving she ORKOs more of the cast than a hefty amount of red, blue, and colorless units too. 

I would also highly disagree that a list of "a million other units worth promoting over Cherche" would include Klein, Jeorge, or Roy of all units. Not to mention Kagero is nigh unusuable in Arena, even though I agree she's a great unit overall, because of her low stat total. Hell, even Robin's unviable unless he's merged to +10.

Well, first things first, I guess I shouldn't have said a million, heh

2nd thing, I said I'm not rejecting her capabilities of being a solid unit. You don't need to run any calculations! :p

Number tree, the units encountered in the arena vary greatly depending on your rating (obviously). So people like me who use 2 5 stars and 2 4 stars in one team (I'm poor, okay?) will see completely different things. One time I saw 3 sword users and an Azura, for example. Whereas people like you are probably seeing Hectors flying on wings of mercy and sword breaker Nowis with renewal, because of your stat total. I wish I could have a high stat total :/

Thing 4, because of teh third thing, promoting an ax is risky around my stat total. But it very well could be planning for the future, when my stats actually are high enough for that kind of power. 

What thread is this again? Oh right XD

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well, first things first, I guess I shouldn't have said a million, heh

2nd thing, I said I'm not rejecting her capabilities of being a solid unit. You don't need to run any calculations! :p

Number tree, the units encountered in the arena vary greatly depending on your rating (obviously). So people like me who use 2 5 stars and 2 4 stars in one team (I'm poor, okay?) will see completely different things. One time I saw 3 sword users and an Azura, for example. Whereas people like you are probably seeing Hectors flying on wings of mercy and sword breaker Nowis with renewal, because of your stat total. I wish I could have a high stat total :/

Thing 4, because of teh third thing, promoting an ax is risky around my stat total. But it very well could be planning for the future, when my stats actually are high enough for that kind of power. 

What thread is this again? Oh right XD

I mean my entire argument about promoting her was based around my stat total :P

Are you really sure you want to be at my stat total? I'm gonna tell you right now that facing Wings of Mercy Hectors and Desperation Blarblade Lindes and Quick Riposte Nowis is not particularly fun (especially since at least 2-3 of them will be at +10 in any given match).

EDIT: Also on topic: the whole "you shouldn't support Cherche bc your feathers are better spent elsewhere" is a bit less important when the gauntlet comes with 5* Cherche in a banner (or the chance to get one anyways).  

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean my entire argument about promoting her was based around my stat total :P

Are you really sure you want to be at my stat total? I'm gonna tell you right now that facing Wings of Mercy Hectors and Desperation Blarblade Lindes and Quick Riposte Nowis is not particularly fun (especially since at least 2-3 of them will be at +10 in any given match). 

It's boring down here ;-;

Every battle is just too easy. I want teh challengez!

But nah, quick riposte Nowi sounds retarded. Even if I am able to get that high one day, I think I'm gonna do myself a favor and stick to the scrub team.

43 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

All signs point to Bunny Camilla not counting, but we can hope and pray that is not the case.

It's not an "all signs" thing, she just doesn't count! Sorry if I crushed your dreams or anything but, you're gonna need the one and only original.

You could join team Minerva if you don't have the original and want to side with a non-trollop ;)

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's boring down here ;-;

Every battle is just too easy. I want teh challengez!

But nah, quick riposte Nowi sounds retarded. Even if I am able to get that high one day, I think I'm gonna do myself a favor and stick to the scrub team.

Every day and night I thank our lord and savior Anna for blessing me with a Julia to strike down evil Nowis everywhere. 

Spoiler

jf6kp0D.png

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Every day and night I thank our lord and savior Anna for blessing me with a Julia to strike down evil Nowis everywhere. 

Reveal hidden contents

jf6kp0D.png

Dang.

Didn't even have a chance to hit back. I'd be more sad if she actually was a little girl but since she's a thousand or something, she's probably seen worse.

To think I wanted My own Nowi too . . . . . . 

Spoiler

We should stop before we get reported for de-railing or something

More on topic: who should I put as my rep for the gauntlet? Or rather, who would you want to be on your team? (I'll be on the scalier side of the gauntlet)

I'm currently leaning towards Vantage Ryoma to take care of enemy wyverns and archers, but what if everyone sets a blue rep expecting their opponents to set a red rep to fight wyverns? Should I set a green rep instead to counter that? But no that would leave me vulnerable to people that just straightforwardly set red reps to kill enemy wyverns. Maybe I should set a blue rep to counter enemy red reps? But no that would leave me vulnerable to enemy wyverns. I'm 1000% overthinking things and my brain hurts but I'm willing to hear other opinions. 

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

More on topic: who should I put as my rep for the gauntlet? Or rather, who would you want to be on your team? (I'll be on the scalier side of the gauntlet)

I'm currently leaning towards Vantage Ryoma to take care of enemy wyverns and archers, but what if everyone sets a blue rep expecting their opponents to set a red rep to fight wyverns? Should I set a green rep instead to counter that? But no that would leave me vulnerable to people that just straightforwardly set red reps to kill enemy wyverns. Maybe I should set a blue rep to counter enemy red reps? But no that would leave me vulnerable to enemy wyverns. I'm 1000% overthinking things and my brain hurts but I'm willing to hear other opinions. 

If I were you and I was on the wyvern side, I'd put that Ryoma in.  I will personally have Ninian as my rep, mainly so people who didn't pull her can play as her, but a good Ryoma can take my Ninian pretty easily.  

Though if you are on team pegasi, you might have a bit of difficulty handling all those blues and Palla, but I'm sure with vantage you won't be completely screwed over.

Despite all Cherches I have, I might side with team Minerva at the start. I'm quite divided about using Takumi or Roy as my rep since Takumi pretty much kills all fliers (except for Iote's shield) and Roy can easily kill the wyverns on the first two rounds.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Just keep Ninian or any dancer, I'm just going to use Robin

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Just keep Ninian or any dancer, I'm just going to use Robin

I'm gonna use Minerva if my team actually faces yours in the finals.

Siding with Beruka because she's the only one from a game that I played and a character that I actually like. But she's going to inevitably die in the first round, isn't she?

I'm going to use Beruka first round to maximize points, then I'll just play the safe route and stick in Klein as my rep for any future rounds (Probably going to side with Minerva if she survives, and if not... Palla?).

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I'm gonna use Minerva if my team actually faces yours in the finals.

Go ahead! I won't stop you

Spoiler

I wonder if Anna accepts sent home units as a sacrifice? 

*sends home Cordelia*

I guess we'll see!

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

(Probably going to side with Minerva if she survives, and if not... Palla?).

Nice! As long as we don't get swept away like the winds on Neptune by Camilla XD

Since I saw no acknowledgment of my previous post, I'm going to assume that it was unread.

I'll temporarily lock this, and re-open it when the voting gauntlet is announced.  Any other threads that crop up between then and now will be deleted.

EDIT: The voting gauntlet has been announced.  Please try to keep spam to a minimum, and keep the rest of SF's rules in mind.  I'd rather not have to invoke mod powers and all.

Edited by eclipse