Choose Your Legends Update

Ryu Yuki

I was going to pull for the inevitable SoV banner. But with this, I might just save all my orbs till CYL comes out. Heavens know that my orbs need to be replenished. I really want a better Roy. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really like SoV. So I ain't gonna bother hoarding my orbs for the confirmed Tellius banner.

No English voice clip for Ike yet? Damn. :( I really wanna hear that Jason Adkins sexy voice again. Just akin to Codename Steam Ike, not the rubbish that's Fates Ike...

Anyway, disappointing that we'll have to wait until all the way after summer. That's such a long time. :( But oh well, it's nice to hear news, at least. Can we have an English Ike voice clip later, please? Don't care about the other three at all.

Who cares if boring Roy doesn't get Distant Counter, Ike is the one that deserves it.

Oh, but can Rey/SOC or Kirokan or someone translate the Ike clip?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No English voice clip for Ike yet? Damn. :( I really wanna hear that Jason Adkins sexy voice again. Just akin to Codename Steam Ike, not the rubbish that's Fates Ike...

Anyway, disappointing that we'll have to wait until all the way after summer. That's such a long time. :( But oh well, it's nice to hear news, at least. Can we have an English Ike voice clip later, please? Don't care about the other three at all.

Who cares if boring Roy doesn't get Distant Counter, Ike is the one that deserves it.

People who like Roy and don't find him boring might, funnily enough...

Honestly, I don't like that Roy didn't get it when everyone else seemed to get something to make them special for the first focus lords, but meh. Both Roy and Ike are pretty boring to me. Manakete!Roy might be interesting, though ^.^

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Honestly, I don't like that Roy didn't get it when everyone else seemed to get something to make them special for the first focus lords, but meh. Both Roy and Ike are pretty boring to me. Manakete!Roy might be interesting, though ^.^

What does Lyn have that makes her special? Or Camilla? They were in the very first focus. So Roy isn't the only one there to not be "special."

Besides, he's still "special" in that he seems to be the only one of the sword lords that can survive male Robin with T-Adept and Swordbreaker. Mine hasn't been able to one-round him.

Just now, Anacybele said:

What does Lyn have that makes her special? Or Camilla? They were in the very first focus. So Roy isn't the only one there to not be "special."

Besides, he's still "special" in that he seems to be the only one of the sword lords that can survive male Robin with T-Adept and Swordbreaker. Mine hasn't been able to one-round him.

To be fair, I'll give you Camilla. I don't think she has anything.

Lyn has Galeforce, which I counted as something special, as only one other has it who is also fairly rare, and it's a five star only skill ^.^

But Lyn is still a pretty good unit, from what I'm told (I don't have her), whereas Roy has nothing really to stand out. He's made to combat greens and... that's it, it feels.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

To be fair, I'll give you Camilla. I don't think she has anything.

Lyn has Galeforce, which I counted as something special, as only one other has it who is also fairly rare, and it's a five star only skill ^.^

But Lyn is still a pretty good unit, from what I'm told (I don't have her), whereas Roy has nothing really to stand out. He's made to combat greens and... that's it, it feels.

Cordelia also has Galeforce. Not unique to Lyn.

Roy's decent at taking magic hits. Like I said, he can freaking survive T-Adept Swordbreaker male Robin!

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, pianime94 said:

"It seems...I was called into this world by the wishes of many."

I guess I wasn't obvious enough.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Roy's decent at taking magic hits. Like I said, he can freaking survive T-Adept Swordbreaker male Robin!

I didn't say it had to be unique. Just special. And Galeforce is a 5* only skill that only two units have access to. It made her special in my book. Roy, to me, should have got Distant Counter like his game counterpart, because every other lord with something similar seems to have got it, and Takumi got his close counter, while the Falchion users all kept that.

I'm not sure mine can. Might be -Res or -HP, maybe? Or maybe I've just not used him for a while and forgotten ^.^

5 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I guess I wasn't obvious enough.

Oh, sorry, I didn't go through the whole thread. I saw that the SF site has a slightly different translation, but yours still gets the meaning across.

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I didn't say it had to be unique. Just special. And Galeforce is a 5* only skill that only two units have access to. It made her special in my book. Roy, to me, should have got Distant Counter like his game counterpart, because every other lord with something similar seems to have got it, and Takumi got his close counter, while the Falchion users all kept that.

I'm not sure mine can. Might be -Res or -HP, maybe? Or maybe I've just not used him for a while and forgotten ^.^

Well, every Roy I've faced in the arena survived my male Robin by a little bit. xP But I see now.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, sorry, I didn't go through the whole thread. I saw that the SF site has a slightly different translation, but yours still gets the meaning across.

Well, every Roy I've faced in the arena survived my male Robin by a little bit. xP But I see now.

Haha, no worries. Actually, Elieson took it from mine before I edited it to be more grammatically accurate.

25 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Haha, no worries. Actually, Elieson took it from mine before I edited it to be more grammatically accurate.

You're darn right I did!

I should edit it though; is what you posted the "correct" or "most correct" translation you can suggest?

18 minutes ago, Elieson said:

You're darn right I did!

I should edit it though; is what you posted the "correct" or "most correct" translation you can suggest?

Credits please jk.

Yeah this is the correct one. I was mixing up wishes with hopes and made a grammatical error before

Edited by pianime94

Your Roy must have been a much higher level than the Robin then and/or the Robin was -atk (and maybe your Roy was +HP/+Res idr his nature). Assuming equal rarity and level, TA Swordbreaker Robin demolishes Roy.

Calcs:

Neutral Robin at 5* level 40 has 40 attack, which becomes 56 effective attack against red units with Triangle Adept (40 x 1.4 = 56). 

Neutral Roy at 5* level 40 has 28 res, which becomes 30 when defending because of his weapon.

If Robin with TA and Swordbreaker attacks Roy, he deals 26 x 2 damage (56 - 30 = 26) for 52 total damage. Neutral Roy has 44 HP and thus gets completely destroyed by Robin. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Your Roy must have been a much higher level than the Robin then and/or the Robin was -atk (and maybe your Roy was +HP/+Res idr his nature). Assuming equal rarity and level, TA Swordbreaker Robin demolishes Roy.

Calcs:

Neutral Robin at 5* level 40 has 40 attack, which becomes 56 effective attack against red units with Triangle Adept (40 x 1.4 = 56). 

Neutral Roy at 5* level 40 has 28 res, which becomes 30 when defending because of his weapon.

If Robin with TA and Swordbreaker attacks Roy, he deals 26 x 2 damage (56 - 30 = 26) for 52 total damage. Neutral Roy has 44 HP and thus gets completely destroyed by Robin. 

My male Robin is +res, -HP, actually. And I'm not talking about any Roys I have, I'm talking about Roys I've faced in the arena. Though to be fair, my male Robin isn't 5 star.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My male Robin is +res, -HP, actually. And I'm not talking about any Roys I have, I'm talking about Roys I've faced in the arena. Though to be fair, my male Robin isn't 5 star.

It's probably a level/rarity difference then. Theoretically, a TA Swordbreaker Robin vs a Roy on even footing will always win, even if the Roy is +Res or +HP (though not if Roy is +Res AND Robin is -Atk, not that yours is). So if there's ever a Roy you can't beat, then it's simply because they weren't on even footing to begin with (or Roy had his res buffed by a fortify/spur aura), which is likely the case since, as you said, your Robin is still only 4*. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

We have to wait till the end of the summer.  *pounds head on wall* I mean we have date but I this is the type of thing you would prepare to have done sooner or give the time frame area after you announce it as not to annoy people.  *SIGH*

I'm not entirely sure how you'd expect them to have it done sooner.  Assume the winners and then get surprised, like they were when Lyn beat out Lucina?  Potentially have all that work be made moot if the ones they made didn't win/get top2?

The end of summer only applies to CYL alternates.  This means two things.  First off, Ike will likely come in the beginning of summer or sometime in spring.  It won't work for Ike like it did with Xander, they'll release the regular version first.  Second, there won't be a summer Ike because it would be too close to the release of an alternate Ike.  This is fantastic news for me because it means summer Eirika/Ephraim is more likely!

I wouldn't mind pulling for CYL Roy, if he has better artwork than the original Roy. But considering that it took me this long to even get a single regular Roy, I'll just see what happens.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And you wonder why people give you flak when you say unnecessary things like this? There was no need to put this in your post at all, other than to annoy people who like Roy, even if it's in strikethrough.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

And you wonder why people give you flak when you say unnecessary things like this? There was no need to put this in your post at all, other than to annoy people who like Roy, even if it's in strikethrough.

Except the strikethrough clearly means it's not meant to be taken seriously? And you're the only person complaining about it. Chill out. Also, someone said earlier in a strikethrough that they hope Ike doesn't get Distant Counter. How is that any better? I don't see you complaining about it.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Except the strikethrough clearly means it's not meant to be taken seriously? And you're the only person complaining about it. Chill out.

You don't get to tell me to chill, when you aren't chill about things yourself. And I may be the only one complaining about it, but you sure have no problem complaining about things even if you're the only one doing so. I also notice you didn't even address my main issue. Was it necessary?