We need a more diverse roster of 3*s

OakTree

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Possible 3* protagonist pulls currently:

High Deliverer Robin

Eliwood

Fateful Princess Corrin

Forgot about Corrin, but it's kind of debatable on whether or not Robin is really a lord.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Forgot about Corrin, but it's kind of debatable on whether or not Robin is really a lord.

Robin's a protagonist character nonetheless.

Besides, he/she technically becomes prince of Plegia once Validar rules Plegia.

Yeah, they definitely need to are more. While there are still a few I need to get (Oboro where are you), the amount of repeats at this point is getting too big.

They also need to change the free character daily rotation. That's a good way to add 12 new characters.

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

Yeah, they definitely need to are more. While there are still a few I need to get (Oboro where are you), the amount of repeats at this point is getting too big.

They also need to change the free character daily rotation. That's a good way to add 12 new characters.

Better yet, add to the rotation (ie. Matthew and Raigh) so that there can be at least 2 different Hero Battles going on at any given day. Players would have even more of an excuse to use stamina (we have a 99 stamina cap now and orbs/potions restore 99 stamina FFS) if the Hero Battle rewards were to be repeatable since repeatable Hero rewards can mean more merge/SI/feather fodder daily.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Oh my gosh YES. I have gotten so many Cecilias lately it is just plain annoying (as useful as her skills are). I am going to flip my sanity out if I see her face one more time. We need a lot more diversity in 3 star units.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Obligatory:

Capture_2017-04-14-08-40-22_zpssoakxmjx.

"I'm useless, eh?"

Yeah no, you're great fodder for teaching ppl Luna and Fortify Def, thanks buddy. Appreciate the assist ?

@Jave Hope you get Oboro soon buddy, condolences!

Edited by BANRYU

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Yeah no, you're great fodder for teaching ppl Luna and Fortify Def, thanks buddy. Appreciate the assist ?

If you've got extra Freddys handy, sure! And you're welcome. :)

Good grief, that Frederick is slower than Alfonse. Oh well, my Alfonse has axebreaker and superior strength.

But I just remembered that Frederick and Hinata are two three-star units that I don't recall ever getting. That said, I may have encountered every other three-star unit at some point, whether I actually still have them or not. (And even then, Lon'qu and Henry and Barst took their sweet time to show up.) But I have been getting a lot of repeats as well, it'd be nice to get new 3-star units.

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Robin's a protagonist character nonetheless.

Besides, he/she technically becomes prince of Plegia once Validar rules Plegia.

Not to mention s/he has dragon blood him/her, but I'm getting off topic here.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Good grief, that Frederick is slower than Alfonse. Oh well, my Alfonse has axebreaker and superior strength.

But I just remembered that Frederick and Hinata are two three-star units that I don't recall ever getting. That said, I may have encountered every other three-star unit at some point, whether I actually still have them or not. (And even then, Lon'qu and Henry and Barst took their sweet time to show up.) But I have been getting a lot of repeats as well, it'd be nice to get new 3-star units.

Yeah, but Frederick still has better mobility & their strength defense aren't too far apart. Still rather roll a Silver Star Frederick then promote him.

23 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So? Frederick isn't ever fast, so -spd doesn't hurt him much. Especially since with +def, some buffs, and Armored Blow, hardly any physical units can do more than scratch him. He just needs mage-countering allies.

And Alfonse is a sword, of course he'd have weapon advantage. But my male Robin has Swordbreaker to take care of things like him.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? Frederick isn't ever fast, so -spd doesn't hurt him much. Especially since with +def, some buffs, and Armored Blow, hardly any physical units can do more than scratch him. He just needs mage-countering allies.

And Alfonse is a sword, of course he'd have weapon advantage. But my male Robin has Swordbreaker to take care of things like him.

And I have a Nino.

Just now, Anacybele said:

And I have a Marth. Though he still needs a couple more skills.

And I have a m!Robin of my own. He's also +spd to boot.

And I have a m!Robin of my own. He's also +spd to boot.

Meh. Not that great, as Robin is never fast either. Mine is +res which means he can tank any kind of attack. And if yours is -def, I've got Frederick who'd probably OHKO him. Otherwise, I actually don't really have a male Robin counter...except maybe female Robin.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Meh. Not that great, as Robin is never fast either. Mine is +res which means he can tank any kind of attack. And if yours is -def, I've got Frederick who'd probably OHKO him.

That +spd still makes him double things he can't with neutral speed, and more importantly keeps him from getting doubled from certain other enemies and he's not even -def. Not sure why you're assuming my character's banes. More importantly, I've taken down many a Lucina and Marth with Robin and Takumi.

Edited by Sunwoo

That +spd still makes him double things he can't with neutral speed, and more importantly keeps him from getting doubled from certain other enemies and he's not even -def. Not sure why you're assuming my character's banes. More importantly, I've taken down many a Lucina and Marth with Robin and Takumi.

Except I didn't assume, I said IF. Not that he IS. Big difference. And I've got Klein to do a Takumi's job.

You misunderstand. The reason I brought up Takumi is not because he's a bow user, but because he has threaten speed. All your units within two spaces of Takumi will have their speed plummet, which conveniently lets my Robin double a lot of shit. My Robin also has a nice bowbreaker to deal with bows.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You misunderstand. The reason I brought up Takumi is not because he's a bow user, but because he has threaten speed. All your units within two spaces of Takumi will have their speed plummet, which conveniently lets my Robin double a lot of shit. My Robin also has a nice bowbreaker to deal with bows.

Swordbreaker is better for him, imo. It's harder to deal with the Falchion users otherwise. Takumi already goes down to a combination of male Robin and Frederick (because not even Takumi can hit Frederick hard most of the time).

Edited by Anacybele

I prefer bowbreaker on him to make him the ultimate bow or Takumi/other formidable archers counter. My team doesn't have a problem taking down swords because they work well together, meaning that Robin doesn't have to specifically be a sword killer and take a swordbreaker. My Takumi also has max vantage, so even if you do take him down if you don't get him in one hit then he's leaving a mark on you.

EDIT: I really don't understand the logic for why some characters are demoted to 4-stars after their focus while others are not. I can understand plot-relevant characters like Ninian, or canonically powerful characters like Karel, but someone like Rebecca should probably not be 4-star without being 3-star as well.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Swordbreaker is better for him, imo. It's harder to deal with the Falchion users otherwise. Takumi already goes down to a combination of male Robin and Frederick (because not even Takumi can hit Frederick hard most of the time).

I play the Speed game with my Arena team and it works pretty well.  Takumi has Threaten Speed, and I've given Abel Hone Speed and Baby Tiki Seal Speed.  With proper buff synergy, I can even get my Julia to double a lot of units.  This week, anyway, my Defense Team also seems to be making use of it.  I've got 10 wins so far.

Too bad Frederick can't get Wary Fighter.  He's sort of an armor unit, originally.

I just managed to Pull a +Speed,-Res Robin today, too, so I think I'll raise him up a bit.  I already gave him a SwordBreaker from an extra Sully I had.