Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

I've joined team Henry, but looks like the Tomatoes are winning. I'll jump to either Sanaki/Julia when Henry loses, and then to, I presume, Robin. I just don't want to support Tharja. 

3 minutes ago, Rothene said:

Seems no one on Serenes likes Julia? But she saves more Arena runs than Sanaki does from my experience!

I actually have all of them but Leo so it's a tough pick because I don't feel strongly to them as characters XD

Leaning Julia though...

I like Julia and she was awesome. But I've replaced her with Soren now since he's my favourite character. I just rather have a mage of every colour than have both Julia and Soren in the team, so Sanaki got to stay. Also Sanaki with swordbreaker is really nice.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that x3 bonus... just finished my battle and the scores showed Merric: 131,564,481 - Robin:66,522,933

If this becomes a trend, chances are people are gonna hold their flags for the x3 bonus and the scores will just keep flipping as each side gets it.

Welp, Sanaki is now leading against Julia 157,860,778 to 52,406,488.

These matches gonna be swingy as fuuuuuuck.

Holy hell forget what I said about losing. The flag bonus is insane. 

Henry 92,769,865 - Leo 29,192,020

Seems like the Henry/Leo matchup has the fewest votes of the different matches though.

swingy af indeed..it's kind of hilarious. think the x3 was a teensy bit overboard? a teensy bit mistakes were made? but the character with more supporters should still win...unless the should be losing side burns aaall the flags during that x3 while the other side hoards, then maybe.

2 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Holy hell forget what I said about losing. The flag bonus is insane. 

Henry 92,769,865 - Leo 29,192,020

Seems like the Henry/Leo matchup has the fewest votes of the different matches though.

Darn. Leo's getting his ass kicked again. The future is grim  (cries in a corner)

x3 points is way too much yo. x2 seems more reasonable. And I mean that across the board. 

At this rate, unless there's a large discrepancy in fan support, the person that goes into disadvantage first is probably going to end up winning. So the loser wins.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Got home expecting my Linde to be getting curbstomped. On the contrary, Linde is absolutely sitting all over Tharja. 

Faith in Fire Emblem community restored!!

(No offence to people who like Tharja, different strokes, different folks!)

1 minute ago, komasa said:

Yeah, didn't expect the scores to tip so harshly and so quickly. Thought it could be safe to nest in the 3x bonus for more than a couple matches. 

@Eleanore Caw I add you as a friend? :D 

No kidding. 

"Time to tip the scales." at it's finest... maybe.

3 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Got home expecting my Linde to be getting curbstomped. On the contrary, Linde is absolutely sitting all over Tharja. 

Faith in Fire Emblem community restored!!

(No offence to people who like Tharja, different strokes, different folks!)

It's mostly to do with the 3X bonus to the team that's behind in points.  Every team that was behind is now ahead by a huge margin.

1 minute ago, The Geek said:

It's mostly to do with the 3X bonus to the team that's behind in points.  Every team that was behind is now ahead by a huge margin.

Oh, so Tharja's going to take the lead again. Alas, my chances have been dashed!

if the one with more supporters goes into x3 zone, they should get more out of it than the loser. so eventually it'll get to a point where the discrepancy between the predicted winner and loser becomes less and less after the predicted loser just had a x3 round, which eventually will tip them into being "tied" rather than one winning or losing, which means no x3 bonus for anyone...but then the predicted winner will probably gain a big enough lead again without the need of a bonus to throw it right back into a flip flop match...

which means the predicted loser could win just by the luck of having the Gauntlet end on their x3 round...

why..

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

At this rate, unless there's a large discrepancy in fan support, the person that goes into disadvantage first is probably going to end up winning. So the loser wins.

Not really, x3 against x1 is a large difference, but if one side gets a x3 bonus one time less it's:

(23x3+25)/48 against (24x3+24)/48, which is 94/48 against 96/48. The most popular side will likely still win, unless the difference is pretty close. If one side gets the x3 bonus twice in a row a few times thing might get intresting though.

Flag use gets more important as well, as hoarding flags till the last minute might keep the opposing team from getting a boost.

9 minutes ago, komasa said:

Yeah, didn't expect the scores to tip so harshly and so quickly. Thought it could be safe to nest in the 3x bonus for more than a couple matches. 

@Eleanore Caw I add you as a friend? :D 

Sure my Heroes ID is 7092687638. I seem to be lacking in Henry friends too since the matches keep giving me two people to add.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

No kidding. 

"Time to tip the scales." at it's finest... maybe.

Don't lose caws friend! Now it's time for you to take advantage of 3x points!!

You won't believe who flew to the nest this morning in a yolo pull with only 6 orbs. 

Spoiler

ecfb2Xz.png

I do like the 3x bonus as it seems to give the impression that fan passion count for something x'D. 

Just now, Bartozio said:

Not really, x3 against x1 is a large difference, but if one side gets a x3 bonus one time less it's:

(23x3+25)/48 against (24x3+24)/48, which is 94/48 against 96/48. The most popular side will likely still win, unless the difference is pretty close. If one side gets the x3 bonus twice in a row a few times thing might get intresting though.

Flag use gets more important as well, as hoarding flags till the last minute might keep the opposing team from getting a boost.

Well, it's a bit hard to define "close" in these gauntlets, isn't it? I'd say Julia vs Sanaki started off relatively close.

Just now, komasa said:

Don't lose caws friend! Now it's time for you to take advantage of 3x points!!

You won't believe who flew to the nest this morning in a yolo pull with only 6 orbs. 

Hide contents

ecfb2Xz.png

I do like the 3x bonus as it seems to give the impression that fan passion count for something x'D. 

Why... 
Been trying to pull him forever...

Just now, SlipperySlippy said:

Oh, so Tharja's going to take the lead again. Alas, my chances have been dashed!

Eh, the back and forth could result in something surprising.  We won't really have a good idea of how this'll really go for a few hours, when people in the US wake up and start playing.

Yikes, should have known the 3x would be huge. Yeah, I do think even 2x would have been enough. I guess the plan is to try and lose near the end?

Starting to feel like one of Phoenix Wright's turnabouts XD