Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Not entirely sure why people like the idea of being stalked.

It's not real. No one likes the idea of ACTUALLY being stalked. This is fiction, and people like things in fiction that they wouldn't like for real, and it's pretty ridiculous to intentionally conflate the two.

6 minutes ago, Ralphophoulous said:

isn't that the problem? It's no Holy War. 

It's just a few random clicks away from being over....  (I heard it was called awakening because you can beat it in your sleep and the hardest part ends up being getting through the credits) 

Due to how boring the maps are it is a blessing that they can be beaten fast, kinda like FE1. 

Just now, Astellius said:

It's not real. No one likes the idea of ACTUALLY being stalked. This is fiction, and people like things in fiction that they wouldn't like for real, and it's pretty ridiculous to intentionally conflate the two.

Yeah a lot of characters I like in fire emblem I probably would not want to hang out with in real life.   

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

1) Good grief, how big are those maps?

2) Let's tone down the Awakening bashing.

1) This is the prologue, the smallest map, half of all the other chapters. See those chapels/churches/whatever? These take one tile. Units move 5 to 9 tiles.

2) I'd rather suggest cutting it out completely. All of bashing, all of it.

2 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Yeah a lot of characters I like in fire emblem I probably would not want to hang out with in real life.   

What, you don't want to hang out with Zephiel?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The first map is 62 tiles wide. And they only get bigger: https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/chapter-maps/.

That's...big. Follow up question: Why?

The game is only 12 chapters long total. Each time you seize a castle, some bullshit happens at the next one that you have to deal with, so you end up doing something like 3 chapters' worth of chapter per chapter.

That is a great question. It makes for some very stressful gameplay. Also it makes it feel like you're actually conquering something instead of a bunch of mini maps. It also meshes with the story really really well.

The game is only 12 chapters long total. Each time you seize a castle, some bullshit happens at the next one that you have to deal with, so you end up doing something like 3 chapters' worth of chapter per chapter.

Definitely doesn't sound like something that would fit well on a portable system.

Oh, and is the cast big enough to fit those maps, or is it still just a small band?

Edited by Arthur97

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually tried tiling a Genealogy size map once. Never again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ehem

Why?

I tried playing FE4 once, it didn't go too well.

1 minute ago, immatx said:

That is a great question. It makes for some very stressful gameplay. Also it makes it feel like you're actually conquering something instead of a bunch of mini maps. It also meshes with the story really really well.

It's fitting the narrative. It does feel like you're fighting great holy wars instead of connected story missions.

IfWhen they remake Genealogy, huge maps should stay.

Ungh, I feel it coming on...we're not about to go from Tharja discussions to "Why FE4 Maps are actually the Best/Worst" are we?

Gave it a second thought, and I can't support Robin in round 2. Who should I go with: Julia or Leo? I own neither but want feathers

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Oh, and is the cast big enough to fit those maps, or is it still just a small band?

You finish the first generation with 21 units under your command, and all 21 of them can be fielded simultaneously.

Just now, Gustavos said:

Gave it a second thought, and I can't support Robin in round 2. Who should I go with: Julia or Leo? I own neither but want feathers

Toss a coin. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It's fitting the narrative. It does feel like you're fighting great holy wars instead of connected story missions.

IfWhen they remake Genealogy, huge maps should stay.

Agreed. I hope they do it for the switch. If they do I'll buy it just for that game. Now I think I'm going to go try to finish my fe4 run. I got stuck for a while but now I'm motivated again!

Just now, Rezzy said:

I tried playing FE4 once, it didn't go too well.

I like your use of the clip.

And as for Awakening maps being smaller, well, they were on a portable system. I'm not too picky when it come to things like that though so I don't really mind if they are considered "bland". I like it just fine.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Ungh, I feel it coming on...we're not about to go from Tharja discussions to "Why FE4 Maps are actually the Best/Worst" are we?

Traitor.

You finish the first generation with 21 units under your command, and all 21 of them can be fielded simultaneously.

So, it's a smaller cast, but you actually use them all? Kind of the opposite of Shadow Dragon where the cast was huge, but you just didn't get to use that many of them.