Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Well looks like we beat Henry.  Too bad I doubt we have much of a chance against Robin.   Maybe someday my pick will make it to the final round.  

I hope later they do another mage gauntlet with the characters not in this one so I can support Soren or Lilina.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The west doesn't really know Geneology since it was never released here though. Only a few people out here played it through emulation. Tellius was legitimately playable out here, on the other hand.

Sanaki IS a major character in RD though. PoR, no, but RD, yes.

Maybe it was a contest of east vs west in that case?  I am a bit surprised that Julia won though, seems even I underestimated her.

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

As far as I know, you can only get a x3 multiplier on the hour when the scores updates. Meaning that it's over for both Sanaki and Linde since we were just shy of the 'losing' threshold.

Ssshh. You didn't have to crush my hopes and dreams....

Spoiler

What? Linde can still beat Tharja? It's possible?

Spoiler

Ugh. I give up. *waves white flag*

Guess I'll join Team Robin. Speaking of which, what are the scores between him and Merric?

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since Linde and Sanaki are effectively out of the running, it looks like I'll be siding with Julia in the next round as planned.

Is there anyone on Team Julia that I haven't yet friended that would like to be friends?

And, who do you want as my rep (currently using Ninian)?

add me senpai 9971553491

I'm fine with any leader, honestly.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The west doesn't really know Geneology since it was never released here though. Only a few people out here played it through emulation. Tellius was legitimately playable out here, on the other hand.

Sanaki IS a major character in RD though. PoR, no, but RD, yes.

You underestimate Genealogy and overestimate Tellius, that is all.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since Linde and Sanaki are effectively out of the running, it looks like I'll be siding with Julia in the next round as planned.

Is there anyone on Team Julia that I haven't yet friended that would like to be friends?

I'll be joining team Julia next round so I'm up to add you if you don't mind.

My ID is 0477029002, UN's the same as here and Azura is my current rep.

And Ninian is good.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No idea about the rep, but feel free to add me, 2511325170.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

add me senpai 9971553491

I'm fine with any leader, honestly.

Sent requests. :]

EDIT:

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I'll be joining team Julia next round so I'm up to add you if you don't mind.

My ID is 0477029002, UN's the same as here and Azura is my current rep.

And Ninian is good.

2 minutes ago, Ralphophoulous said:

I do not know if my humble army is worthy of your superior prowess. But if you'll have us, even for just the round, the code is 0334152684

2 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Awesome! Team Julia. Would love to have more friends in the team.

Never got to use Ninian yet either. 

Also sent.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Only a few people out here played it through emulation

Thousands have watched let's plays of the game, let alone played it..... Personal opinions mean nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I do not know if my humble army is worthy of your superior prowess. But if you'll have us, even for just the round, the code is 0334152684

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Awesome! Team Julia. Would love to have more friends in the team.

Never got to use Ninian yet either. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

As far as Tellius goes, it really seems that Ike is popular, not the games, and that can be mostly attributed to Smash (and memetastic victory quotes).

I don't think it's just Ike.  Soren, Titania, and Micaiah are popular as well.  But I don't think Sanaki's that popular.

Julia ended a recent Arena run of mine, so I'm too salty to support her. Plus I'm too sore to try and fight against Tharja again. My apologies to apparently half of SF. I'll join up with Robin now. He and Tharja are the only of the eight characters I own, and I need a way to boost my score in order to keep up with these higher score rounds.

Hm....it looks like I'll probably jump ship to #TeamRobin. Can I just say I'm super proud of my #1 nerd for breaking 3 million points all on his own? Like dang Merric. You go man. You may not have won the battle, but you certainly gave us a leg up in getting those free orbs. #gonebutnotforgotten 

I don't know what the final scores are for the other teams, but Robin and Merric really racked up points this round!

Team Julia vs Team Tharja in the next round will quite literally be a battle between Light & Darkness :O

Granted, Linde would have been the same as well, but.... :/

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

My rep is Linde which is really ironic, but welcome to Team Julia.

One last battle as I wait for Linde's defeat -- 24 minutes left and there's a 30 minute period between matches. None of my friends -- I think none of them -- joined Linde, so I was stuck with randoms and couldn't cheese matches with their units. Still cheesed them with a level 1 5* Linde. :p

For some reason, I was matched up with someone twice who unequipped a 3* Jagen's Steel Lance. I swear it was the same one since he was +Atk, -Def. Someone on team Tharja must really hate their friends or Jagen.

Probably going to join Julia if she wins since I like pretending Edea is in the game. If only I had her. I would be more useful for M!Robin since I have a M!Robin, but I like Julia (and F!Robin) more.

Edited by Kaden

If Leo happens to lose, I'm going either Team Julia or Team Robin as they are the only two units of the gauntlet that I actually own.

why is it all the characters that i like are destined to be overshadowed?

I personally think Sanaki is a poor representative as mage for the Tellius games, Soren would have been a better choice but was but in the game too late, like his original banner is still there, but I would personally love if Ilyana was available and in the mage gauntlet, she would be a much better Tellius representative.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Guess I'll join Team Robin. Speaking of which, what are the scores between him and Merric?

Merric: 3,126,870,936 - Robin: 3,549,027,650 right now. Robin's been outscoring him so bad that Merric's had the 3x bonus for the last like 8 hours straight.

As to the off topic conversation about Telleus, all I can add is that as much as Radiant Dawn was released all over, it wasn't really advertised or anything. And it was ridiculously hard to find after release. I actually only found out about it on accident, despite owning a Wii at the time, and had to go find it on eBay (when it was still able to be found for ~$60, thank goodness.)

I love RD to death, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that it and its characters are less known given how hard it was for people to get ahold of it only a few months after release. And yet despite that, it was critically well recieved, so :shrug:

With that in mind, most peoples' opinion of Sanaki is going to be from PoR, where she definitely acts more like a snooty noble. She's a lot better in RD, but given how rare that game is...

1 minute ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I don't think it's just Ike.  Soren, Titania, and Micaiah are popular as well.  But I don't think Sanaki's that popular.

Well, to a degree maybe, but none of them really compare to Ike as the Tellius series in general was not received very well at the time (I don't know why since I was significantly younger and uninterested in the series).

Also, I welcome the losers to team Robin. Though, does anyone want someone who is not Nino so I can change my rep?

Just now, KaidenTL said:

I personally think Sanaki is a poor representative as mage for the Tellius games, Soren would have been a better choice but was but in the game too late, like his original banner is still there, but I would personally love if Ilyana was available and in the mage gauntlet, she would be a much better Tellius representative.

I'm honestly not sure about that. I personally like Ilyana, but I'm sure she isn't popular. Like, at all.

I could be wrong, though.