Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

This kind of plot of the Robin vs. Merric lead makes it pretty clear it was a blowout, despite the score looking somewhat close. 

http://imgur.com/a/mVHTm 

Julia's team is strategically slowing down, such that at the current pace (just 7 million difference per hour), Sanaki won't get another bonus in the remaining 6-7 hours. Leo has a tiny chance of being sniped as his lead is increasing by 15 million or so, which may give a chance for another bonus round around 1.8 billion. Henry got 177 million last time with the multiplier so there's a (tiny) chance they do like 210 million the last hour while Leo tries to get by with 30 million. Leo can also slow down to avoid this though, or spend more in the final hour to guard the lead. Linde technically can also snipe but it's more unlikely since the last 3x she only managed 317 million (one of her worst updates), whereas Henry posted the 177 million last bonus (his best update) so Henry might have a bit more in the tank. Linde may be strategically tanking to time the final multiplier, but we'll still need some hidden supporters and Tharja to fall asleep the last hour. 

496,110 is at 271 Linde, 1238 total. 10 flags in stock.

Edited by XeKr

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Okay, gotta figure something out...

@Rezzy @Anime27Arts @Namarid @Glaceon Mage @SniperGYS 

Who's Oboro was that? She just ORKO'd a Hector....

Not mine.  My lead's Cecilia, I've never pulled Oboro once.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Looks like Sanaki will get the x3 bonus next round, this is gearing up to be a tight one. Luckily I have a lot of flags saved just in case we get overtaken. 

I spent all my flags and I'm not in the top 1k for Merric. Blegh.

If Linde wins I'll join her team, but otherwise it's either Julia or Leo next round for me.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

@Rezzy i'm on team Leo I sent you friend request was going to send it to you yesterday but I got lazy. Name is Locke, Kagero and sometimes Sharena is my lead.

It's on another topic it seems the constant boomeranging has finally stopped I haven't seen the three times bonus for Leo all day.  Good thing I seized them up yesterday. 

Edited by Locke087

37 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I've never pulled Oboro once.

You're lucky.

I'm starting to get worried that Sanaki might not get the bonus again. It's going to be really close.

It was going at a pace that would have given Sanaki the bonus in the next hour or two, but as of right now, Julia needs to extend the gap by over 40 million to give Sanaki the bonus.

11 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

@Rezzy i'm on team Leo I sent you friend request was going to send it to you yesterday but I got lazy. Name is Locke, Kagero and sometimes Sharena is my lead.

It's on another topic it seems the constant boomeranging has finally stopped I haven't seen the three times bonus for Leo all day.  Good thing I seized them up yesterday. 

Sad times for me. I was at work yesterday, but was able to wait around today >.<

Also, latest battle. Reinhardt, Felicia and Azama placed against my Leo, Fir and other Reinhardt on that stupid sand map. Nowhere to bait the enemies where I didn't lose someone. I tried baiting with Fir as she seemed the most expendable but still got destroyed. I hate matchups like that >.<

11 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Added you.

20 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

If Linde wins I'll join her team, but otherwise it's either Julia or Leo next round for me.

Leo always appreciates more team members.  Although, maybe it's the Devil's Luck that gave me all my -Atk 5*s.

2 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Eh what? Check the skills? Mine have that one skill that increase Def after receiving damage and the +3HP seal. Also Ignis... (She  is +Atk -HP)

---

I can go back to play again. I'm still in the 1-1000 rank after all these hours of not playing, and I have 100 flags left. I'm going to save them until the last hour, just in case we need that x3 bonus

Edited by SniperGYS

1 hour ago, XeKr said:

Linde may be strategically tanking to time the final multiplier, but we'll still need some hidden supporters and Tharja to fall asleep the last hour. 

That is the plan, and we will not fail. We are the ultimate fanservice mage girl.

Henry got pushed back into "weaker" territory, down about 180 million points.  We'll see if Henry's team has been hoarding flags or not.  If Leo gets pushed down, I've got more flags than I'd be able to use leftover.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Merric seems to have run out of steam. Has Linde suffered a similar fate?

Seems to be the problem with the new system.  Landslides will still be wins for the stronger party, and close battles would have been close anyway.  All this does is make the swings in otherwise close battles more pronounced, and make battles that might have been narrow wins for a character now be losses.  I don't really like this new system, and people can be salty if their unit of choice only lost because the system was gamed.

This is too early for Linde to get the 3x since we’ve probably not getting another one. Even if we get like 850 million (almost double the typical 3x round, and again some of us are out of flags already) vs. 150 million to barely take a lead, Tharja has a few hours to pull ahead again. 

Sanaki needs to barely fight at all the next few hours because they need the deficit to be like 40-45 million more (240-250ish million) for the bonus, and there’s only 3 hours left (need 10% less before the final hour). The lead is only moving like 7-9 million per hour since Julia slowed down. 

Henry might comeback? It depends on what the scoring looks like next update.

Robin is outscoring Merric even 1x to 3x so rip. 

Edited by XeKr

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Did you spend them all at a disadvantage for the triple points? Otherwise, I am kinda surprised you wouldn't be in Team Merric, tbh. Maybe I underestimated their number?

I'd advise anyone on Team Linde to spend flags now only if you got more than 400. None of us can be certain if we're going to get the multiplier at the last second. But we need to make sure we don't take the lead. Otherwise, we're ultimately screwed. We can do this!

I'm not playing as regularly as I did in the first two gauntlets, and I'm not throwing in any flags because of no multiplier. My ranking has seemed to stabilize around the 400s and hasn't really moved for ... quite some time, actually.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just managed to beat a team of Julia, Michalis, and Camilla with Linde, Effie, and @Falcom's Lukas on 5-2. Holy crap that was intense.

Also, Falcom, your Lukas is amazing.

Thank you. Plan on turning him into a monster once I have access to the QR and Threaten Atk.

By the way, your Ninian is also insanely awesome. Makes battles go by more easily and quickly.

Also @GuiltyLove your Linde is pretty useful too. You just need to get Desperation 3 and more speed buffs so she doesn't die to Ryoma.

Just now, Falcom said:

Thank you. Plan on turning him into a monster once I have access to the QR and Threaten Atk.

By the way, your Ninian is also insanely awesome. Makes battles go by more easily and quickly.

Also @GuiltyLove your Linde is pretty useful too. You just need to get Desperation 3 and more speed buffs so she doesn't die to Ryoma.

Yay! I had a team of three Lindes once lol

I hardly have any good fodder for her... I'm thinking of Life and Death, Desperation, and... something else

4 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Probably mine or @SniperGYS I'm not sure if we are friends on heroes.  I can't remember who I've added

Team Sanaki is in trouble. We've been steadly falling for a while but not sure if falling fast enough to get the multiplier before the end. We need to get enough to shoot past Julia and end before Julia can recover. I'm actually playing less now so that the gap can widen slightly faster.

Team Merric has obviously run out of steam/flags by now. Team Linde is also pretty dead. They have a multiplier but the gap is too wide to fill up. Henry is also likely dead as he couldn't manage to pass Leo in the last multiplier. 

The only potential upset that I can see happening is Sanaki beating Julia, but even then the odds are kinda low.