Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Both Tharja and Robin received the multiplier early on in the gauntlet, but neither got it after the gauntlet really took off. In terms of hourly gains, Tharja gains about 140-180 million votes, while Robin only gets about 60-95 million. So Tharja has roughly something like twice the support Robin has.

So Tharja is about twice as much as Robin and Robin seems to be a bit above Julia.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The top Robin member is a Male Robin (just level 40 5*) with about 260K.

Wow, so being on a larger team is cancer for the total score ranking.

Sanaki has gotten the best all worlds. She has a small team so it's easy to rank high in; she has had enough multipliers to have a high total score as well, and she has a chance at winning for an additional 500 feathers.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Decided to not spend flags yesterday and haven't gotten the multipllier today, so I have a pitiful score of 5,700. This currently ranks me around 28k. If we get the multiplier again, I'm gonna spend some flags (1300 feathers is a really poor harvest), but I'm not sure whether I will if we don't get that multiplier around midnight in my timezone...

You're Team Sanaki? Just make sure you pay attention around the end. It seems we might get the bonus as early as 5 hours left. Julia keeps steadily pulling away so we should definitely get it again. If you use 400 flags during the bonus, you should shoot right up into the top 5000.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The ranking system on Team Henry is hilarious.

I only have 3,800 points and I'm at rank 12k in army. #FeathersAreAHopSkipAndACawAway

Your unCAWnscionable puns are going to CAWst you.  The -Atk units are headed your way.

1 minute ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Is it likely that Team Leo will get the 3x bonus again?  I'm trying to decide whether to keep saving most my flags or start using them.     

Who knows, I've not seen it since like 6:00AM yesterday morning.  I guess we'll see if team Henry exhausted their flag supply, and Leo pulls further ahead, or if we keep this pattern of Henry getting smashed down, and breaking even once he gets the bonus.

I almost want Leo to get behind for an hour, so I can unload my 15K flags.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Your unCAWnscionable puns are going to CAWst you.  The -Atk units are headed your way.

I'll crow away then

Just now, Rezzy said:

I guess we'll see if team Henry exhausted their flag supply, and Leo pulls further ahead, or if we keep this pattern of Henry getting smashed down, and breaking even once he gets the bonus.

I haven't spent a single flag yet and we're still pretty crowse. I'm saving my flags though. I'm actually hoping team Leo will win becaws I need to be united with my twin on the proper team!

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I haven't spent a single flag yet and we're still pretty crowse. I'm saving my flags though. I'm actually hoping team Leo will win becaws I need to be united with my twin on the proper team!

Flattery will not work until we are once again United

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'll crow away then

Well, as long as you cawp to your indiscretions, your twin might forgive you.  I would spend my flags, if I could, but since no bonus, no flags.  Those on Team Henry have had ample chance to use theirs, and since he's never really been ahead for a prolonged period, they have no real reason not to use them.

19 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

You're Team Sanaki? Just make sure you pay attention around the end. It seems we might get the bonus as early as 5 hours left. Julia keeps steadily pulling away so we should definitely get it again. If you use 400 flags during the bonus, you should shoot right up into the top 5000.

That should be right on time for me. I'll keep 400 flags at the ready for our glorious empress.

14 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

@Bartozio Stay vigilant during the last bit of the round, bro! Our Empress must prevail! ... I mean.... uh.... CAW! Yes... CAW!

Don't worry mate, all part of the greater plan. Me not using any flags has kept Julia away from the bonus and let our comrades gain more points. We'll definitly win. Also, we need some reserves for our next opponent right?

Um,...., I mean,.. who might you be kind stranger?

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

Flattery will not work until we are once again United

:(

Now I feel guilty for changing my profile picture again

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, as long as you cawp to your indiscretions, your twin might forgive you.

Did you guys secretly band together to purposely guilt trip me? Caws it's totally working

I'm only saving my flags for the finals to defeat the wicked witch of the bust Tharja.

17 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Is it likely that Team Leo will get the 3x bonus again?  I'm trying to decide whether to keep saving most my flags or start using them.     

I doubt we'll get the multiplier again.

Leo: 1.566
Henry: 1.474
No multiplier

Rank 1 Player in team Leo has 401,940 points.

My rank is 48, with 303,400 points.

5 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Leo won't be getting the 3x bonus again, that's pretty close to certain, as Henry, even with the multiplier, can no longer produce sufficient gains to pass Leo, let alone go far enough to trigger the multiplier in the reverse direction.

I've done about 8-9 battles since I woke up, and my rank has still gone down.  I guess some peeps on Team Leo are getting impatient and using their flags.  If this keeps up, I might burn like 200 just to move into the next rank tier.

I am confused about how top players get the scores they get. Top players in on Team Tharja have scores around 350K, how do they get those scores when Tharja has been in the lead for almost the whole time?

3 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

I am confused about how top players get the scores they get. Top players in on Team Tharja have scores around 350K, how do they get those scores when Tharja has been in the lead for almost the whole time?

There was probably an hour or two at the beginning, when Tharja had the bonus, where they unloaded a bunch of Flags.

4 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

Tharja had two multiplier hours at the beginning, which means that players had a possible 4 battles to spend multiplier flags on. Assuming they spent 200 flags on each of those, with Tharja as the bonus character. So, that's 66k x 4 = 264k (using 800 flags), leaving 710 flags for another 78.1k points, yielding a total of 342.1k points obtainable by using flags.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Wow, so being on a larger team is cancer for the total score ranking.

Basically, yeah. Especially if you're on the overall winning team from the start. You get the victory feathers each round, but the global high scores will be roughly 3x what you can hope to achieve by being on a team who does so well they never get the bonus. 

I guess part of the benefit of the multiplier is that even if it's unlikely to change the outcome of the individual matches, it gives more incentive to go for underdog teams rather than bandwagoning on the ones that are already doing well, because that's been an issue.

My 131,250 points just got updated to rank 3,809 in m!Robin's army. Hoping I'll be able to stay in the top 5k for the rest of the day, although that might require more flags.

1 minute ago, fuzzbass said:

Is the only way to get flags from the Voting Gauntlet quests (1600?) or is there another source?

Nope, that's the only way (along with the 5 daily). If it works like the last one, there should be more quests for the next round. 

Edited by Cute Chao

44 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I doubt we'll get the multiplier again.

Leo: 1.566
Henry: 1.474
No multiplier

Rank 1 Player in team Leo has 401,940 points.

My rank is 48, with 303,400 points.

Interesting, The top player on Henry has 505,930 points. Wonder what the actual flag expenditure is like between the top players on both sides. 

Going for the underdog was already beneficial feather-wise. I still think the 3x multiplier should only count within your current team, not the global ranking. Making it harder for people on a team that stays winning to rank well in comparison seems kind of lame. I don't think encouraging people to try and game the system for points is any better than people bandwagoning the most popular team, as people complained about before. I mean, it's honestly supposed to be a popularity contest first and foremost anyway, at least.