Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

My rep is Linde which is really ironic, but welcome to Team Julia.

Added. :]

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Your Ninian is so beautiful (in every sense!) :3

Ehehe~~~ ^///^;;;;

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

If anyone on Team Julia fancies playing with my +Atk Kagero, my ID is 5358451761.

@Ice Dragon Please add me, oh almighty whale!

Sent!

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanaki isn't beating Julia but at least the 1,700 Feathers i get from it will give me enough to promote my Florina into a 5-Star, so it's still a win in my book.

Well I'm ready for the next round.

Spoiler

a47fdfc3c9.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also sent.

Received. Will be nice to have a potential +10 Ninian as a unit the gauntlet >w>

Edited by LuxSpes

Hmm, this catch-up mechanic needs some serious tweaking. I'm not sure how it's been for all the other matches, but I've been keeping an eye on the Linde vs Tharja fight and I can't really see the mechanic making too much of a difference in the long run. The 3x bonus has managed to avoid the fight being an outright curb-stomp by keeping Linde just a step behind Tharja...but it's not actually given her any chance of winning. As soon as the underdog catches up the bonus is removed, at which point the popular character will begin to steadily gain an advantage again until the underdog regains their bonus. This system creates the illusion of better fights since the two competitors are closer in score, but the popular character is still not really in any danger. I guess it's technically possible for someone like Tharja to lose if her opponent gets the 3x multiplier at literally the last possible moment and all of their supporters hoard their flags in preparation for this. But the odds of that are pretty insane.

Instead of adding half-baked mechanics to these gauntlets maybe the devs could just like...not add a ridiculously popular character into the contest each time? I mean, they must know how popular these characters are, right? Are they just adding characters like Lucina, Camilla and Tharja because they know these characters all have a huge online presence? Are they worried that no one will care about the contest unless they include one of these hyper popular ladies or something? The voting gauntlet has the potential to be pretty fun if they'd let it be... :(

3 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

Probably mine or @SniperGYS I'm not sure if we are friends on heroes.  I can't remember who I've added

I have no idea XD

Thank the gods round 1 is about to end. I look forward to some sleep lol.

I probably wont sleep, and end up working on my oneshot instead :P 

I'm also on Team Julia and still looking for friends, so feel free to add me if you want. FC is 2533396304, represented by Robin to blow away all those filthy reds who might threaten her grace.

Apparently some people get a message that my friend capacity is full when they try to add me though (it isn't). In that case just tell me, so that we can make things work the other way around.

2 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm honestly not sure about that. I personally like Ilyana, but I'm sure she isn't popular. Like, at all.

I could be wrong, though.

I honestly don't know if she is popular either, I was just saying my personal preference, but I can't Image her being unpopular in her games as she is undoubtedly the best mage in PoR and is solid in RD

3 minutes ago, Taxon said:

Hmm, this catch-up mechanic needs some serious tweaking. I'm not sure how it's been for all the other matches, but I've been keeping an eye on the Linde vs Tharja fight and I can't really see the mechanic making too much of a difference in the long run. The 3x bonus has managed to avoid the fight being an outright curb-stomp by keeping Linde just a step behind Tharja...but it's not actually given her any chance of winning. As soon as the underdog catches up the bonus is removed, at which point the popular character will begin to steadily gain an advantage again until the underdog regains their bonus. This system creates the illusion of better fights since the two competitors are closer in score, but the popular character is still not really in any danger. I guess it's technically possible for someone like Tharja to lose if her opponent gets the 3x multiplier at literally the last possible moment and all of their supporters hoard their flags in preparation for this. But the odds of that are pretty insane.

The impact is not as much that it gives the underdog a better chance of winning, but it makes it so that people who are only in it for the feathers will no longer flock to the clear winner for free feathers on the win. Now, the underdog gives players triple the score, meaning it's worth it to side with the losing team for players who don't care about the actual outcome.

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Well I'm ready for the next round.

Hide contents

a47fdfc3c9.jpg

Received. Will be nice to have a potential +10 Ninian as a unit the gauntlet >w>

Yo dope! I know everyone says we'll lose against Tharja, but I'll have fun either way. Saved 1,100 flags for next round. 

5 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

If anyone on Team Julia fancies playing with my +Atk Kagero, my ID is 5358451761.

@Ice Dragon Please add me, oh almighty whale!

I sent one too.

@Ice Dragon is our god here on SF Heroes

6 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

If anyone on team Julia want's to add me my Id is 9426556667. Currently my lead is a + def Ike but I can switch it to something else like my azura. 

Added

1 minute ago, Taxon said:

Snipped

The way I see it it shouldn't affect the outcome, but it will keep people from bandwagoning because it's now easier to get feathers on a losing side.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The west doesn't really know Geneology since it was never released here though. Only a few people out here played it through emulation. Tellius was legitimately playable out here, on the other hand.

Sanaki IS a major character in RD though. PoR, no, but RD, yes.

The Tellius games sold poorly tho, and currently they are very inaccessible. On Ebay they are super expensive (more than my freaking school), and emulating Gamecube games is a pain in the ass for the common folk. FE4 all it takes is a google search and a common cellphone. Competitive viability does affect popularity. Explain me how Reinhardt has fanart and memes when he is from freaking Thracia 666.

Edited by L9999

Decide to do one last fight for Sanaki.

Get saddled with a Roy and a Gordin against a team with Azura and Bunny Xander. I'm pretty sure it's GG since Roy will get destroyed by the blues and Gordin won't be able to get both of them. Well turns out Roy only had TA1, which allowed to survive and kill Xander and have Dragon Fang charged to cripple Azura. Good job Roy.

4 minutes ago, Ralphophoulous said:

A +1 too!? That's super. You made a good choice. I think. 

Well, Julia was always my third choice for this gauntlet (behind Sanaki and Linde) and I happened to pull two of them before the gauntlet began, with this one being +Atk/-Res

2 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Yo dope! I know everyone says we'll lose against Tharja, but I'll have fun either way. Saved 1,100 flags for next round. 

Well I lost this round, but I got to be in the top 100 which was cool. I only have 300 flags remaining, but I'll be glad to burn them to try and take down Tharja.

2 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Competitive viability does affect popularity. Explain me how Reinhardt has fanart and memes when he is from freaking Thracia 666.

I think that has a lot to do wth it.  Julia is one of the best mages, and fulfills a niche not many other characters can do.  Sanaki's good, but she doesn't really do anything that other red mages can't do just as well or better.  She's in an even worse state post inheritance because formerly mediocre red mages like Sophia and Henry can even be made good.

Did one last battle against Team Sanaki. Thanks for an exciting round, all of you! Now I only hope and wish that you would join Julia against Tharja.

It's like Genealogy Ch. 10 again, except Julia hasn't been kidnapped.

Just won my last fight. I end saving 100 flags for next round. First time I end very high in the ranking, good I choose lil otouto team, thanks to this, niisan Xander is going to be a 5* sooner than expected!

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The impact is not as much that it gives the underdog a better chance of winning, but it makes it so that people who are only in it for the feathers will no longer flock to the clear winner for free feathers on the win. Now, the underdog gives players triple the score, meaning it's worth it to side with the losing team for players who don't care about the actual outcome.

I see. So it's to prevent people from just leeching off of the winner, which is a change I can get behind. Still doesn't address the fact that the contest is horribly rigged in favor of a single character though. Feathers are great, but an unpredictable contest would be nice too, you know what I mean?

1 minute ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I'm on Team Julia if anyone is interested: 06812611687

She's my lead and is +Attack and - Res; but is still able to send a M!Robin or Reinhart into the next dimension; fact.

Lucky. Mine's +HP/-Def :P Too bad I'm on team Leo.

eyy! A fellow canadian!