Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Did one last battle against Team Sanaki. Thanks for an exciting round, all of you! Now I only hope and wish that you would join Julia against Tharja.

It's like Genealogy Ch. 10 again, except Julia hasn't been kidnapped.

As you might have seen above, I am ready.

Also, I sent you a friend invite that you can accept if you're willing to have a chance at getting a +2 Azura I know it's not a +10 Ninian, but it's the best I can do beside a +4 Lucina.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the Julia supporter named Brian with a Xander rep? I forgot to write it down.....

2 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I'm on Team Julia if anyone is interested: 06812611687

She's my lead and is +Attack and - Res; but is still able to send a M!Robin or Reinhart into the next dimension; fact.

I'll add u. 

Why do we all have the same exact Julia :P

7 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I'm on Team Julia if anyone is interested: 06812611687

She's my lead and is +Attack and - Res; but is still able to send a M!Robin or Reinhart into the next dimension; fact.

Did you accidentally double type that pair of 1's in the middle?

5 minutes ago, Taxon said:

I see. So it's to prevent people from just leeching off of the winner, which is a change I can get behind. Still doesn't address the fact that the contest is horribly rigged in favor of a single character though. Feathers are great, but an unpredictable contest would be nice too, you know what I mean?

They're probably still experimenting with the system and probably want to see how the multiplier affects match-ups where there's a clear winner. (At least, that's exactly what I'd do if I were a game developer and testing things in production.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Woo! #46 in my army! never happening again. Also, Spoiler alert!

Hide contents

Leo's onto round 2! Not too surprising.

It helps that a lot of the Henry people are probably deliberately sandbagging.

Paid 400 flags for 2.1k feathers, time will tell whether saving up a bit over 1k flags gives better returns than nabbing an extra 900 flags feathers the first round.

Edited by DehNutCase

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They're probably still experimenting with the system and probably want to see how the multiplier affects match-ups where there's a clear winner. (At least, that's exactly what I'd do as a game developer and testing things in production.)

Let's hope so. After the Lucina and Camilla gauntlets it's easy for me to assume that they are simply attaching at least one hugely popular name to the gauntlet in an attempt to get people interested and pull as many players into the competition as possible (at the detriment of the competition itself). I guess we'll just have to see how it goes next time.

Just now, Solunar said:

Dude, Hahaha! And nice, you saved all your flags.

I was so close ;____;

And yeah, I'm planning to go all-in on the final round. I'm more interested in optimizing our chances of victory (however slim they may be) than maximizing feather gains. 

10 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

As you might have seen above, I am ready.

Also, I sent you a friend invite that you can accept if you're willing to have a chance at getting a +2 Azura I know it's not a +10 Ninian, but it's the best I can do beside a +4 Lucina.

Accepted!

If Julia lost to Sanaki, I would've joined her next. I actually have got a Sanaki, unlike a certain descendant of a certain dragon god.
(not salty, not at all!)

The first feathers are here! I got 2,500 for finishing at rank 538 in Team Julia and 500 for winning the round.

Well, now that the round's over, off to team Leo!

As before, my fc is 7908155030 - let me know if you add me. I just finished getting my Frederick Hone Cavalry, so the few enemies he can't cut down, he can help Leo take down instead. ;):

11 minutes ago, fangpoint333 said:

Choose your legends results

Sanaki RD votes 1308 / POR votes 520

Julia 624

Julia's newfound attention is pretty much all game viability.

I'm not sure if we can go entirely by the CYL poll, since that was "pick your favorite" and here, we have "pick which of these eight you like best".  Plus, you might have people going up against characters because they just really hate them and want them to lose.

And Julia won. All hail Pony Emblem: Genealogy of the Boring Maps. Too bad she will lose to Miss Fanservice next round, unless something unexpected happens.

Well, Leo won.  I ended up burning some Flags in the last hour, just to make sure there wasn't a last minute comeback.  I still have tons leftover for the next round.  I think I ended up around rank 12K or so.

I'll probably end up using all of my Flags against Robin.  We'll probably lose, but now we can use the stupid x3 thing to our advantage now.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I was so close ;____;

And yeah, I'm planning to go all-in on the final round. I'm more interested in optimizing our chances of victory (however slim they may be) than maximizing feather gains. 

Dedicated to the cause! Respect.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Roy doesn't suck as a unit in his own game.

...Yes, he kinda does.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

if they didn't sell ass much

Hehe...

40 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Also a lot of people on /r/fireemblem like Julia because she's a good unit and they find her personality cute, so that probably helped her.   

Undoubtedly good units are more liked, and I'm sure that contributed to it at least some. I don't think either Julia or Sanaki had a huge fan base prior to Heroes.

20 minutes ago, L9999 said:

The Tellius games sold poorly tho, and currently they are very inaccessible. On Ebay they are super expensive (more than my freaking school), and emulating Gamecube games is a pain in the ass for the common folk. FE4 all it takes is a google search and a common cellphone. Competitive viability does affect popularity. Explain me how Reinhardt has fanart and memes when he is from freaking Thracia 666.

Yeah, Nintendo did a TERRIBLE job of marketing the games, and producing enough of them. However, I own both of the Tellius games, and now both are worth over $100 each (I keep everything that comes with the games). I'm not exactly in a position to complain.

I leave Round 1 with 2,600 feathers and ranked within in the top 4K for Team Leo. Now it's on to Round 2 and our inevitable defeat battle against Robin. At least my 5* Tharja is ready to go for the finals.