Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

26 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

A little trick I found last voting gauntlet is that all of your opponents LVs will be based of of the Lv of the character you bring into the fight. The leader of someone in the same army as you will be placed on your team as well and their Lv will be similar to your own, however the leader of one of your friends teams will most often be Lv 40 regardless.

I used a Lv 29 Camilla for every battle and I always had a Lv 40 unit on my team who was practically invincible. The one time I accidentally chose a Lv 9 unit I was leveling up and all of the opponents were around Lv 9 but I still had a Lv 40 on my team.

Basically, use low leveled versions of characters to guarantee wins.

Lower rarities also work. Last gauntlet, I brought in a 4* level 40 -Atk Camilla for the final round and my opponents were generally in the 5* level 27-33 range. Had to sometimes be careful of archers if my friend's 5* level 40 was also a flier, but I was perfectly willing to throw my own Camilla under the bus to buy a turn for that unit if necessary, so it all worked out.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I quoted @Luna of Dragonblood , not @Roflolxp54 , and she said, she has three. I'm therefore assuming not all of them are Lvl 40.

oh my bad.

Because of the 3x points thing, I think I want to be on a losing team for every round, but I wonder how many other people might also take this approach.

I knew tis 3x comeback thing was going to be a bad idea...

4 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Mm, you're correct on that assumption; they're all level 1, actually. Since their spread's not too great, I opted to not train any of them up...

In that case, I would strongly push you towards supporting Henry if you want to, as it will be rather easy for you to accumulate points for him, if this is what you desire.

@Hawk King  I really dislike the mechanic, as well. While I understand what they are trying to achieve with it, it really screws up both sides of the gauntlet. The popularity goes bonkers by giving unpopular picks a significant advantage, while the feather seekers can't predict properly and might lose out on many points if the matches don't go as expected. I'm not even saying that there a no benefits coming from it, but I don't think this is an optimal solution. They should start out by not making gauntlets between fan favorites and "who is that guy?", THAT would be a good starting point.

@Luna of Dragonblood Maybe those Lv.1s are sign for you to join Henry. Especially if he's a fave :'D

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

This goes hand in hand with my sig XD

I do have 2 Henrys though...........

You actually just turned Henry from a "no" into a "consideration" LOL

He is probably also going to be the least popular character in the whole gauntlet, so nothing to lose, all the feathers to gain, 3x points multiplier thingy AND he's adorable x'DDD. Win Win Win situation. 

Just now, Hawk King said:

Because of the 3x points thing, I think I want to be on a losing team for every round, but I wonder how many other people might also take this approach.

I knew tis 3x comeback thing was going to be a bad idea...

Coooome you know you want tooo~~ Henry is where it's all going to be at... 

I'm really curious how many people here actually will be going Henry?

I'm kind of surprised that the poll has Robin leading over Tharja. I think even Leo might've had a slight margin over Tharja.

Time to see if any of this is actually reflected in the gauntlet itself, but it seems overall closer? Still going with Sanaki first.

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I decided to do exactly one summon from the female mage banner. I went with red, and got Sanaki... Is this a sign??

The fact that you even went to the female mage banner says something about your loyalty to team Merric

Disgusting turncoatg

3 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

They should start out by not making gauntlets between fan favorites and "who is that guy?", THAT would be a good starting point.

I agree with you 500%!

Either make them all "Who's this guy/gal?"

or make them all "OMG ALL MY FAVES ARE HERE HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNGHGGGHHGHGGHGH!"

The mixture of mediocre fan faves vs. top dogs is very toxic for the competition in terms of fun and competitiveness.

Just now, komasa said:

He is probably also going to be the least popular character in the whole gauntlet, so nothing to lose, all the feathers to gain, 3x points multiplier thingy AND he's adorable x'DDD. Win Win Win situation. 

Wow you really make it hard to say no lol you had me at "he's adorable"

4 minutes ago, komasa said:

I'm really curious how many people here actually will be going Henry?

I think I've seen 3 other people besides you actually XD

I was planning to join Sanaki in the first round, but I may go with team Linde instead since she needs help against Tharja. After that, Ill join whoever remains from the Julia vs Sanaki fight.

I don't dislike Henry, but going with him for the gauntlet would be highly impractical. Mine is still 3-star and probably not even level 20. Robin, Leo, and Sanaki are all 5-star level 40 while Linde is level 35 (close enough), so at this point it's a matter of who do I like the most. Robin has probably done the most for me, but Sanaki is my favorite in terms of character. Well, I don't think Sanaki is going to the finals anyway, so if she loses and Robin sticks around then I'll go with him after her.

Out of curiosity who all is on Team Leo here?

I'm also wondering who I should stick as my rep Unit that friends will get as their random ally.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Out of curiosity who all is on Team Leo here?

I'm also wondering who I should stick as my rep Unit that friends will get as their random ally.

Hi Rezzy.

Everyone's freaking out over how difficult it is now to calculate optimization of feather gains, but I'm just going to continue backing my faves instead of worrying about feathers, as I always have :D

3 hours ago, Astellius said:

That... that's a different kind of "hugging."

I can't resist,  she is so pretty

Ejem... What do you think about her nature?

31 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The fact that you even went to the female mage banner says something about your loyalty to team Merric

Disgusting turncoatg

Am I supposed to be summoning more Merrics? I already have two of him, one 5* and one 4*. You're right, I need infinite Merrics!

But I think I'll do this: Merric in Round 1, Sanaki Round 2 (hope she wins Round 1!), and then Robin Round 3.

Here I am, constantly thinking of ways about how that 3x disadvantage multiplier can go wrong... I have a bad feeling about this.

I think my plan is to go team Linde for the time being. Then, stick with Robin for the remainder of the round (if she loses. Spoiler alert: she probably will no matter what). Sanaki will most likely take out Julia (though I like both of them to win ;-;). Leo and Robin are likely to win in their brackets.

Anyways, who's on team Linde? I'm counting on you guys to lead us to our graveyards victory!

Edited by Falcom

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Anyways, who's on team Linde? I'm counting on you guys to lead us to our graveyards victory!

*Falcom is ready to get sent into the ground in a blazing inferno of Redblades*

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Am I supposed to be summoning more Merrics? I already have two of him, one 5* and one 4*. You're right, I need infinite Merrics!

You can never have too much Merric!

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm kind of surprised that the poll has Robin leading over Tharja. I think even Leo might've had a slight margin over Tharja.

Time to see if any of this is actually reflected in the gauntlet itself, but it seems overall closer? Still going with Sanaki first.

I already mentioned this earlier, but that's two separate polls, not one poll. Voting in one poll doesn't prevent you from voting in the other.

In the Voting Gauntlet, you can only choose one character, not one from each side. You can't compare the results of the male-only poll to the results of the female-only poll without first determining how many people would pick each side.

19 minutes ago, Astellius said:

But I think I'll do this: Merric in Round 1, Sanaki Round 2 (hope she wins Round 1!), and then Robin Round 3.

I mean if you don't have a +10 Merric then you haven't summoned enough Merrics yet :P

You should take notes from @Ryu Yuki who got Nowi up to +10 as a F2P with sheer dedication. 

27 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Hi Rezzy.

Hi

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I already mentioned this earlier, but that's two separate polls, not one poll. Voting in one poll doesn't prevent you from voting in the other.

In the Voting Gauntlet, you can only choose one character, not one from each side. You can't compare the results of the male-only poll to the results of the female-only poll without first determining how many people would pick each side.

Where is this poll?

Why do we have male Robin, but not female Robin in the gauntlet, anyway?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Hi

Where is this poll?

She's a grand hero battle unit so not as many people will have her as any of the others maybe

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Rezzy said:

Hi

Where is this poll?

FRobin is a GHB unit, so that might be why.

Of course the best thing they could have done would be no Robin

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Where is this poll?

Two pages ago:

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Robin (F) is a Grand Hero Battle character, making her ineligible to be put in the banner.

"Where is this poll?"

Page 27, no link but just image copy of a poll.  No source was confirm where it came from

"Why do we have male Robin, but not female Robin in the gauntlet, anyway?"

Mostly because I don't think their ready to throw a Grand Hero Battle Hero against summon characters.

Looking forward to this with my Robin M ready.  Team Robin feel free to friend me.  Granted the 3x battle score for losing team is going drive people nuts figure this out before the battle for personal score.  From being in top 500 for Lucina for three rounds in team Lucina and top 50 for one round for Cherche in the past. If they got the 3x boost for personal score.  It changes completely the scope of working towards best personal score.  On teams that are losing and can't comeback  even with it.  it shouldn't effect the current system.  But if this is happening on a Chrom vs Ephiram oboy. So players who go all out on their team while their side is winning will lost personal score compare to player who go all out when their team is losing.  Thus having people hold off on battle flags until they know their losing to use them.  Creating personal score civil war here.  So you have to be very careful when to use them assuming the 3x bonus effects personal score.  Has anyone see on the FEHeroes twitter if they confirm this effects it or not or could ask?

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

She's a grand hero battle unit so not as many people will have her as any of the others maybe

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

FRobin is a GHB unit, so that might be why.

Of course the best thing they could have done would be no Robin

I suppose, though they could always do a limited-time 5* chance for the Banner, and being a GH should make so everyone has at least a 2* of her, if they've been playing long enough.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Two pages ago:

Robin (F) is a Grand Hero Battle character, making her ineligible to be put in the banner.

Thanks, I didn't realize Sanaki was so popular.

With the new voting rules, I'm not really sure how everything will turn out.  I guess it will make things competitive, but it kind of feels weird to have votes count 3 times.  How far behind does it have to be for the x3 rule to kick in?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I suppose, though they could always do a limited-time 5* chance for the Banner, and being a GH should make so everyone has at least a 2* of her, if they've been playing long enough.

The entire point of Grand Hero Battle characters is to be only available from Grand Hero Battles.

5 minutes ago, Skids said:

But if this is happening on a Chrom vs Ephiram oboy.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How far behind does it have to be for the x3 rule to kick in?

The 3× bonus only kicks in once a side is marked as "disadvantage". If they are "evenly matched", there is no bonus for either team.