Japanese Site Reveals Series 2 and 3 DLCs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... Are just the class?

... Eh? Seriously? 200 Yens (Almost 2 dolars) for a freaking class without anything else?

I'll enjoy to see the designs in YT, but I can't allow this kind of content, specially because isn't like this content was developed with the main developer team... because they showed the class models just some weeks after the release... They're already done.

Edited by Troykv

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Wait... Are just the class?

... Eh? Seriously? 200 Yens (Almost 2 dolars) for a freaking class without anything else?

I'll enjoy to see the designs in YT, but I can't allow this kind of content, specially because isn't like this content was developed with the main developer team... because they showed the class models just some weeks after the release... They're already done.

Well yeah they're already done, the DLC comes out later this month. It'd be stranger if none of it was detailed before then. The DLC was probably done after the main game was done internally 

Also weird: you must be level 20 in the final class of whatever path your character is on. Feels like you'd need to grind just to reach that depending on your character.

Now that I look at it, the first three waves of the DLC were done pretty quickly. Like, we're already on Series 2. Compare it to Fates, Series 1 and 2 of it's DLC was spread out in months. Series 1 ran from the 23rd of July to the 20th of August. Series 2 ran from the 17th of September to the 8th of Octorber. And then Series 3 ran from the 4th of March to the 23rd of March. Sov's DLC had a small as fuck budget didn't it? Though that's not surprising, seeing as how SoV is just a side-game meant to entertain us until FE16, even if the presentation is amazing.

Honestly, now that i look at it more, I can't really be mad. SoV's DLC is basically just extra stuff. Aside from the Deliverance prologues, which offer backstory similarly to what Hidden Truths did, there's nothing really substantial here. I'll at least get Alm and Celica's Over-Classes though, just so they can have a 3rd-Tier.

Tl;dr, the DLC ain't really that important. It's being done in a way where you can safely ignore it. 

Remember when New Mystery added prologue maps and new classes for free in the base game

I'm actually fine with the prologue maps, and can take solace in the fact that over-classes are entirely unnecessary filler, but DLC support conversations taking advantage of the game's low base number doesn't sit well with me at all, and neither does charging that much for just a class without even giving you a map. Two rounds of grinding DLC is also scummy.

I'm very interested in the over-classes but I doubt I'll actually buy them at (what will probably translate to) fifteen bucks for something I'll get to use in one dungeon. I like how the prologue maps aren't just

Spoiler

Pay $4.99 to save Fernand from certain death through downloadable content!

but this isn't exactly a huge step up from that, and at least when Awakening did that idiocy it was free for everyone.

Wait, seeing as how there are only four prolouge maps, and the fact that you can buy them in a bundle means that you can play them out of order, i am now fully convinced that the Support Conversations in them are contextually related to the prolouge. It may not even be the C-B-A type Supports the game usually has, and instead, it'll be more like how the Awakening trio could talk to each other in Hidden Truths.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait, seeing as how there are only four prolouge maps, and the fact that you can buy them in a bundle means that you can play them out of order, i am now fully convinced that the Support Conversations in them are contextually related to the prolouge. It may not even be the C-B-A type Supports the game usually has, and instead, it'll be more like how the Awakening trio could talk to each other in Hidden Truths.

All of the fanservice maps in Awakening had this too. Some characters could talk with people like Ike and of course there's the 3 scramble maps that basically had mini supports for characters that should have had them in the first place.

It's why it doesn't bug me as much, it's just doing what the games have always done.

after seeing those over-class i cant help but thinking about the next FE game, could it be those classes are hint for the next game to be base on greek-roman-persian culture ?

( sory for my bad English )

You know, after reading the article on the main site, I got the impression that the writer has no idea who Solomon and Morgana are. "Peace" and "dweller of the sea"? Shouldn't it be obvious why a class of male spellcasters and a female class and uses both swords and magic are named like this?

On a different note, I see that the Conqueror has a torn cape similar to that of the Nohr Noble. Nice.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Everything is overpriced. One story map costs 500 yen, is it some kind of full VA tax? I understand that they encourage you to buy the whole pack but still.
I unironically hope that japanese players who bought special Echoes 5000 yen card will spend the majority of it on something else.

Its just extra stuff this isn't surprising for a remake game the prologue Maps are definitely worth more for extra lore before the main start of the game 

8 hours ago, RiverRed said:

after seeing those over-class i cant help but thinking about the next FE game, could it be those classes are hint for the next game to be base on greek-roman-persian culture ?

I'd like that if its a hint towards it they could potentially do a great story with those cultures.

1 hour ago, Cat Villager said:

Everything is overpriced. One story map costs 500 yen, is it some kind of full VA tax? I understand that they encourage you to buy the whole pack but still.
I unironically hope that japanese players who bought special Echoes 5000 yen card will spend the majority of it on something else.

500 yen is like, $5.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Titania is definitely getting renamed.

Can't conflict with thr axe weilding Lady Tiamat from the Greil Mercs after all.

North American DLC for that class's shrine is called "Altar of the Faerie". I think that makes it more likely that the class will be called "Titania", but who knows.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Titania is definitely getting renamed.

Can't conflict with thr axe weilding Lady Tiamat from the Greil Mercs after all.

Also, I am sticking with my belief that Intelligent Systems loves to mess with the localisers.

I suppose "Titania" is a common enough mythological name, but it can't be a coincidence if they keep doing this, right?

We already had Effie aka Faye. Next thing we know, we'll have a Faye in Warriors or Switch.

28 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Also, I am sticking with my belief that Intelligent Systems loves to mess with the localisers.

Pretty sure this is a common thing over there. Ace Attorney in the localization is said to take place in the U.S, which makes sense in the first game in particular, but then the games just become more and more obviously Japanese.

At least it produces good memes.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

500 yen is like, $5.

And that's a lot for one map that potentially has like 10 minutes of content.  Of course I might be wrong and the maps are long and full of new things like music and CGs (they did bother with new portraits for Clive and Matilda) and a ton of voiced dialogue but still. Fates Map Pack 2 had 6 maps and was cheaper. (and I didn't buy it)