Ursula grudge match live now!

Just now, Extrasolar said:

I do have Effie, at 4* and +Atk. She can easily take care of most everything on the map, but the very little maneuver room at the top left of the map screws me over with her one-range move, since she can't move through anyone either. She tends to block the path a lot of the time, meaning other units are easy pickings for everyone else.

You can pair her with a dancer and a healer (if you have those) so that she can become one-woman steam engine of destruction.
Just take out Ursula and the axe knight beforehand.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I'm stuck on the Lunatic map after trying like ten times. Can someone give me some advice on how to beat it? When enemies bunch up after the first turn, one of my units invariably gets ganged up on and killed. Here's the list of available level 40s. I already know that Nino and Julia are huge assets on the map to counter Ursula, but they get wrecked hard by the thieves.

Here's the list of available Level 40 units

Reveal hidden contents

5* Alm +Res, -Atk
5* Karel +Atk, -HP
5* Fae +Spd, -HP
5* Klein +HP, -Spd
5* Julia +Spd, -Res
5* Seliph +Def, -Res
5* Mist +Def, -Res
4* Lilina +Spd, -Atk
4* Effie +Atk, -HP
4* Subaki +HP, -Atk
4* Cherche +Atk, -Spd
4* Nino +Spd, -HP
4* Jeorge +Spd, -Def
4* Robin +Spd, -Res
4* Frederick +Spd, -HP

Soon-to-be-added

5* Clair (currently level 39)
4* M!Corrin (currently level 39)
5* Takumi (currently at level 34)
4* Chrom (currently at level 33)

Okay, I think I got something, but I have one question first: do you have an Olivia? And if you do, is she a 4-star?

The reason I ask is that danc support is incredibly usefull on these maps (actually, just in general) and Nino needs some buffs to one-round Ursula. The +4 attack that hone attack 3 provides would do the trick, and otherwise the attack seal and hone attack 2 works as well. After dealing with Ursula, Nino can kill the armour, and then you just need to let Effie/Subaki clean up.

Managed to get the other three missions easily enough, but I also ended up needing to go to 9-3 for the "Ursula kills Ursula" one after that kept not working out on the GHB. It really is a lot more manageable there.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You can pair her with a dancer and a healer (if you have those) so that she can become one-woman steam engine of destruction.
Just take out Ursula and the axe knight beforehand.

I do have Mist and Olivia that I can (and have tried) to bring along, but the problem is I can't take out Ursula in a single clean hit. With the ninja's HP-swapping BS she's back at full the second turn, when either Nino or Julia deal around half her health. Then the ninjas rush to back her up, meaning Nino and Julia are in danger of dying to them if I try to engage Ursula again.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Okay, I think I got something, but I have one question first: do you have an Olivia? And if you do, is she a 4-star?

Yup, I do, but she's pretty underleveled for the map (she's currently level 23). I can try her out again to see if I can get Nino to 0HKO.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Yup, I do, but she's pretty underleveled for the map (she's currently level 23). I can try her out again to see if I can get Nino to 0HKO.

Well, Olivia doesn't really need to be leveled to buff and dance. A lvl 1 Olivia does her job as well as a lvl 40 Olivia.

Wow Hector makes this map so

easy

did my Ursula v Ursula with Olivia/Lachesis/Hector/Ursula. In hindsight I may not even have needed Lach, because by the time Hector took some damage it was from green axe and thus, end of map. Olivia was good because Ursula needed that to kill herself, and she also got rid of red horse while she's at it. Olivia and Hector team killed green armor.

I guess Lach was good for baiting 1 hit from red cav bc red cav prioritized her over hector, thus putting him in a good position for ursula to nuke and Hector only had to fight teleporting general after ninjas.

Update. Just tried with Olivia and Hone Atk, and Nino still doesn't 0HKO Ursula, meaning the problem is still there. Weirdly, she doubles her on the second turn, but not the first, which I don't quite understand. If she doubled on the first it would be an easy 0HKO.

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Update. Just tried with Olivia and Hone Atk, and Nino still doesn't 0HKO Ursula, meaning the problem is still there. Weirdly, she doubles her on the second turn, but not the first, which I don't quite understand. If she doubled on the first it would be an easy 0HKO.

That is weird. Are you sure your Nino is +spd (meaning she should have 37 spd)? If she does she should be able to double, and have just enough attack power to kill (assuming she either has a hone attack 3 boost, or a hone attack 2 + attack seal boost).

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

That is weird. Are you sure your Nino is +spd (meaning she should have 37 spd)? If she does she should be able to double, and have just enough attack power to kill (assuming she either has a hone attack 3 boost, or a hone attack 2 + attack seal boost).

I just looked, and it turns out she's actually +Res. I don't know how I got +Spd from that. o.o

But I found out that with two buffs (Hone Atk 3 from Olivia and Hone Spd 3 from Effie), she one-round kills Ursula...but after Ursula is dead, things kind of go to crap, because we don't have the manuever room to get away from the ninjas (and savage blow just destroys everyone's HP).

11 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I just looked, and it turns out she's actually +Res. I don't know how I got +Spd from that. o.o

But I found out that with two buffs (Hone Atk 3 from Olivia and Hone Spd 3 from Effie), she one-round kills Ursula...but after Ursula is dead, things kind of go to crap, because we don't have the manuever room to get away from the ninjas (and savage blow just destroys everyone's HP).

Wait, Effie has Hone speed? That simplifies things. Here's what you do:

After putting Nino in range of Ursula, have Effie move next to her. On the second turn (after Ursula has suicided into Nino), Nino moves one tile west, one north to kill the armour (she needs  the boost she gets from hone speed). Now Olivia can dance her into safety, leaving Effie with clean up duty.

Edit: Forgot Nino needs to start in the center..., no problem though. Have her start there, Effie to the south. Then let Nino move to the right of Effie and use draw back. Have Olivia move one tile west. This should do for preperations for the first turn.

Edited by Bartozio

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

After putting Nino in range of Ursula, have Effie move next to her. On the second turn (after Ursula has suicided into Nino), Nino moves one tile west, one north to kill the armour (she needs  the boost she gets from hone speed). Now Olivia can dance her into safety, leaving Effie with clean up duty.

It worked! Thanks so much for this! Effie solo'd the thieves and mounted sword after the armor and Ursula were dead, lol.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

It worked! Thanks so much for this! Effie solo'd the thieves and mounted sword after the armor and Ursula were dead, lol.

No problem, glad to see one of my strategies work :). Congrats with your 4-star Ursula.

So we all know that Hector is easy mode.

But what about our Boy?
The one EVERYONE got for free.
The Big Bad D......raug?

Yeah as long as F!Robin takes care of Ursula Draug can tackle the rest of the map on his own. Xander, Eldigan and Zephiel would work too of course.

3B11RsQ.jpg

EDIT: I took Ursula and Xander with me for their high movement so they would never be in the way. You actually cannot enter one of these with less then 4 units.

Edited by Silith13

9 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

The one EVERYONE got for free.
The Big Bad D......raug?

Wait, there was a time where people got a free Draug? I know female Corrin was gifted free for Android users (iirc), but I don't remember a Draug. I had to pull mine. o.o

11 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

No problem, glad to see one of my strategies work :). Congrats with your 4-star Ursula.

Note to self, coming to you for more strategies in the next few GHBs runbacks and new GHBs when I get stuck, lol. Thanks again. ^^

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Wait, there was a time where people got a free Draug? I know female Corrin was gifted free for Android users (iirc), but I don't remember a Draug. I had to pull mine. o.o

It was in one of the quests right after March Quests (the one with the first all armor full 4 team 15 times in the 10th stratum all must survive quest)

7 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Back in March. There was a stupid quest requiring scoring kills with a knight (in the Normal pool, no less) and they eventually ran a quest where a free 2⋆ Draug was awarded.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Back in March. There was a stupid full-knight-team required quest (in the Normal pool, no less) and they eventually ran a quest where a free 2⋆ Draug was awarded.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It was in one of the quests right after March Quests (the one with the first all armor full 4 team 15 times in the 10th stratum all must survive quest)

Oh, yeah, I remember this. I only two armor knights (Sheena and, funny enough, Draug) at the time, so I had to ignore it, lol. People were in the same boat as me, due to the tiny pool of armor knights available in this game, lol. I was thinking free along the lines of "no strings attached" in the vein of that F!Corrin.

Yaaay I finally got my revenge!!

And I got an opportunity to take a video to keep with my other fights. The first time I didn't have a green unit/mage to bait Ursula and my team was easy destroyed, but now that I have Nino everything were more easy.

I only need Narcian to come back, but I wonder if he comes back, did he will have a lvup of difficulty? It would be interesting and a new chagenge for everyone that already beated him on Hard

Now, I need to focus on this Ursula vs Ursula, start an intense training of the new 4* one

Edited by SniperGYS

9 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I only need Narcian to come back, but I wonder if he comes back, did he will have a lvup of difficulty? It would be interesting and a new chagenge for everyone that already beated him on Hard

f!Robin didn't, so I don't expect it.

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

f!Robin didn't, so I don't expect it.

..umm....??? But she did. She was back same time as Navarre lol. Were you inactive during the week when those two came back or something....??

Sooo yeah. I haven't had to come ask for advice on a GHB in a while lol but Ursula was probably the toughest one so far, so I suppose it's only fitting...

I'm having trouble landing the 'KO Ursula with Ursula' quest. Gonna get a screenshot of my main units shortly to see if I can get some advice I suppose. 

Beating Ursula with Ursula on the field is quite the challenge

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

I'm having trouble landing the 'KO Ursula with Ursula' quest. Gonna get a screenshot of my main units shortly to see if I can get some advice I suppose. 

Run 9-3 (Lunatic). It's a billion times easier.

Edited by Elieson

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

..umm....??? But she did. She was back same time as Navarre lol. Were you inactive during the week when those two came back or something....??

He meant she didn't get an increased difficulty.

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Sooo yeah. I haven't had to come ask for advice on a GHB in a while lol but Ursula was probably the toughest one so far, so I suppose it's only fitting...

What I said is that f!Robin didn't have an increased difficulty when she came back.

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Beating Ursula with Ursula on the field is quite the challenge

Run 9-3 (Lunatic). It's a billion times easier.

Yeah as I was booting up to take a screenshot of my units I had this thought too lol. Done did it =w=

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

He meant she didn't get an increased difficulty.

OH SHIT sorry misread. My bad @Othin sorry, I misunderstood.