Ursula grudge match live now!

37 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yes I have, but I just use regular ol' Excel. I'd have to remember my gmail :P

Also @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - its in my sig again

That awkward moment when you don't have an Office license ;_; .

Let's see what we can do here...

I'll edit in random brainstorming as I come up with it, I guess.

Spoiler
  • QR 1 & Hone Atk lets M!Robin take on 1 Thief. If he can be healed to 90%+, he'll get both, but then you have the issue of using 2 slots on M!Robin and a healer (and probably a third on Olivia) not much room for Ursula in that.
  • Sharena at a high enough level of 4* will be able to tank the Sword Cav and Ursula, but you'll need someone to ORKO thieves.
  • Reinhardt is Reinhardt. I'd have to go back over that strat from the last battle and see what I can do with it.

I'm kinda thinking Sharena, Ursula, Olivia, Reinhardt as a first shot. I'll have to review thresholds & such. Don't let me forget about Goad Cavalry when I do that.

Actually...I'll just test-run it. I have similar enough units, I think.

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TheTuckingFypo I think I have it, I have to tinker with the specifics a little more, because my Reinhardt is +Atk/-Spd with a +2 merge lol...but Reinhardt, Ursula, Sharena, Olivia should work.

Alrighty, I have a demo video now. Note that unlike the last ones, you won't just be able to copy/paste the strategy because of the unit differences, but it's a good reference and is mostly accurate. You just need to stick in a Rally Attack once or twice. I'll also go ahead and stick a proposed action-by-action breakdown below that.

Spoiler

Strategy breakdown:

You'll need to do the following: train Sharena (she can survive one Ursula shot as a 4*) & Ursula (she actually lives with 1 HP. ONE), give Reinhardt the HP +3 seal (1 less Def on Sharena's Fortify and 1 less HP from not having a merge hurts, unfortunately, but the HP +3 seal should cancel it perfectly). Do not run Steel Lance on Sharena. I just did that to get her to match a 4* Sharena's 41 Atk.

Team order is Olivia, Sharena, Ursula, Reinhardt.

1. Reinhardt E1. Sharena D1, Rally Attack Reinhardt (very important, as you'll see later. You need him to match the 45 Atk that mine has without buffs). Olivia C1. Ursula C2.
  2. Ursula stays in place, attacks the Axe Knight. Olivia dances her up to A1. Reinhardt B1.
  3. Sharena D2, poke Ursula. Ursula C2, KO Ursula. Olivia D1, Dance Sharena. Sharena C1, Rally Attack Reinhardt. Reinhardt D2, KO Axe Knight. (Busy turn, there).
  4. Ursula stays in place, KOs Sword Cav. Reinhardt D4, KO upper Thief. Sharena D2. Olivia stays in place, Dances Sharena. Sharena E3, KO thief (perfectly...and now you know why buffing Reinhardt was required before =P ).

Let me know if the enemies do anything unexpected. I doubt they will, but I'll be happy to try cooking up something else if they do.

Edited by LordFrigid

I just got the Ursula mirror match orb from the Lunatic Ursula battle.

It was a complicated plan involving two units surviving with 1HP three times total and the fact that Hector does not one-round Ursula on Player Phase.

I found this one difficult last time (and I didn't have as many 40s or gold units), but this time I managed to get the silver Ursula. Xander was the key here, along with a green unit that could one-round Ursula on counter (Hector in this case). Once Ursula was down, everyone else retreats back as the rest of them impaled themselves on Xander.

@Kaden Here's that Olivia, Sharena, Ursula, Kagero demo. I gave my Kagero the HP +3 seal because I didn't want to wait for her to get 46 combined HP & Def, but 4* Lv. 40 Sharena needs the it to survive the Axe Knight (with...you may have guessed it...1 HP). -HP/neutral Def 4* Kagero hits 46 exactly anyway, so it doesn't matter. I forgot to reduce my Sharena's set to ~4*, but the process is basically the same. Kagero's Atk matches that of a 4* Lv. 40, Neutral Atk Kagero though. That Olivia is full neutral, and would survive Ursula even without the +1 merge.

Edit: Just remembered that 46 combined HP+Def is based on the assumption of Fortify Def 3 R.I.P. ... you could probably use Rally Attack Frederick instead of Sharena, but 1) you'd have to have Rally Attack fodder (don't suppose you have a spare Hana or Raigh or Spring Princess Camilla) and 2) the enemies might move differently? Mostly thinking Ursula and the Sword Cav, now that they see juicy Fred bait instead of a scary Askran princess.

Spoiler

@TheTuckingFypo Just tagging you to make sure you saw the relevant edits to the post, since it was a little bit after the initial statement.

Edited by LordFrigid

@LordFrigid, I just said screw it and did the GHB map normally with Ursula just sitting there. Didn't want to promote Stahl since I don't know what I want to do with him and didn't want to give Swap to Xander since I don't know what I want to do with him either. Also, yeah, Kagero needs Vantage for this to work, but I ended up getting all of her default skills like I usually do for characters, so that would have be a problem right now. I really wished that level 40 characters received a flat rate SP like 8 SP per KO for 4* or something. Thanks, and at least I know Kagero can work. I feel like I have way too many units since I forgot Sharena or anyone with a defense buff could have helped Kagero to bait the thieves. Oh, Kagero takes 29 damage from the Poison Dagger thief... Gee, I wonder what you could do to improve her chances of living beyond giving her a HP +3 seal. It's not like you can increase her defenses or something.

Regarding the Setsuna thing, I did mention that you needed Olivia or anyone with Hone Attack for a 4* neutral Setsuna to ORKO the thieves. And yes, Reciprocal Aid can put her back up, but the issue is that you need to do those things. What if someone didn't know or that didn't click in their head or just saw "use Setsuna" and not with who or exactly why. That could lead to some troubles. Which happened to me when I saw a Navarre strategy using Sharena. What didn't occur to me was that Sharena needed to be a 5* so her defense and speed would be high enough to survive against both Navarre and the Silver Dagger thief. So, I'm just really cautious and pessimistic about everything. Helps with being careful, but probably misrepresents a lot of what I say about unit. "Oh, Setsuna is that bad for the Ursula GHB?" No, she's fine, just be sure you know exactly what you're doing with her.

So, the strategies I used to complete the Ursula is present during the GHB battle and Ursula defeats Ursula in the spoiler if anyone is curious.

Spoiler

So, normal team was Eldigan, F!Robin, Subaki, and Ursula. F!Robin baits Lunatic Ursula who dies, Eldigan moves in front of her in range of the axe knight and I chose to attack which lead to a scary situation, Subaki used Swap on F!Robin to bottleneck the sword cavalier, and F!Robin and Ursula moved away to safety where they would presumably talk about how F!Robin just viciously murdered another Ursula.

So, I didn't check the units correctly and the axe knight has Threaten Defense. Whoops, Eldigan almost died, but hung on with 1 HP for the remainder of the battle. Yay, Fury letting him only take 1x2 damage from the thieves after having his defense dropped by the axe knight. So, axe knight dies, Subaki dealt with the sword cavalier, I think I finished him off with Ursula, and had Subaki pursue the bottom thief so he couldn't get near Ursula. F!Robin just stayed in her little corner. The rest was just chasing the thieves around as Eldigan's critical health portrait made him look real angry against them.

And then Lunatic 9-3 to get the other orb with Cherche, Eirika, Olivia, and Ursula. Could have made it deathless, but screwed up and part of me wants to blame the whole if you accidentally tap twice on a spot, the game will confirm it as you choosing to have a character stay in one spot. Anyway, Cherche and Olivia died to the axe knight. It all was going swimmingly too, Eirika moves up to the tree below the lance knight, Cherche Pivots over baiting and destroying the lance knight -- Hammer plus Lancebreaker equals sad lance knight --, Ursula moves under the tree where the sword cavalier would be as he targets Cherche, and Olivia stands behind Ursula for Hone Attack 3 buffing. After that turn, Ursula takes out the sword cavalier, she moves behind Olivia with Dance, and Cherche moves near Eirika who I used to bait the green mage. Somehow, that was a good play since doing that meant Eirika could attack and drag back the green mage for Cherche to finish and there would be enough room for Ursula to 2HKO enemy Ursula. And then stupidity happened leading to what could have been a flawless run not be a flawless run. Oh well, I got the quests done.

Just completed Ursula vs Ursula on her GBH Lunatic map with 4* Nino, 5* Hector, 4* Olivia and 3* Ursula. Now coming here, I read there's another Lv.40 Ursula on map 9-3. What??? I feel like such a idiot ._.

Did both the bring Ursula on Lunatic and kill Ursula with Ursula at the same time. Ursula 4*, Xander 4*, Olivia 4*, Soren 5* (Raven/TA variant).

Xander attracts the lower ninja, the rest moves, Soren attacks the armor once, gets danced, and attacks it again for the kill. Ursula moves to the top, Xander takes her spot to avoid the enemy Ursula. Enemy Ursula attacks barely scratches Soren , who almost KOs her, Ninja attacks Soren who survives. Next turn, my Ursula moves in for the enemy Ursula kill, Soren kills the ninja that attacked him, Xander blocks the path for the rest. From there, Xander tanks a pair of hits more, Ursula destroys the red Cavarly, blah, blah, blah.

Easier than I thought.

Edited by Taim Meich
grammar

3 hours ago, Taim Meich said:

Did both the bring Ursula on Lunatic and kill Ursula with Ursula at the same time. Ursula 4*, Xander 4*, Olivia 4*, Soren 5* (Raven/TA variant).

Xander attracts the lower ninja, the rest moves, Soren attacks the armor once, gets danced, and attacks it twice for the kill. Ursula moves to the top, Xander takes her sport to avoid the enemy Ursula. Enemy Ursula attacks barely scratches Soren , who almost KOs her, Ninja attacks Soren who survives. Next turn, my Ursula moves in for the enemy Ursula kill, Soren kills the ninja that attacked him, Xander blocks the path for the rest. From there, Xander tanks a pair of hits more, Ursula destroys the red Cavarly, blah, blah, blah.

Easier than I thought.

what is "Soren 5* (Raven/TA variant)"? i have a 5* soren but he couldn't survive any round against the thieves.

anyway, on for the lunatic match i used 4* kagero (level 40), azura (level 35 or so),  and ursula, and my 5* soren with watersweep disabled. this wasn't quite enough to enable ursula to kill ursula, so i had to swap in my 5* ike for kagero, and then he did most of the heavy lifting and cleanup. ugh! spent way too much time on this. glad i finally got it done!

3 minutes ago, geozeldadude said:

what is "Soren 5* (Raven/TA variant)"? i have a 5* soren but he couldn't survive any round against the thieves.

It's where you make Soren inherit Gronnraven and Triangle Adept 3 and laughs at effective damage

1 minute ago, geozeldadude said:

Soren with Gronnraven+ (the tome that gives you weapon triangle advantage against grey units) and Triangle Adept 3, that converts the bonus and penalties from the WTA from 20% to 40%. With that, even my Soren with -Atk can really dent the ninjas and almost kill Ursula (he kills her if Moonbow procs, but the proc in that run is used to kill the armor), while not dying from the Poison Daggers+, even if they deal 50% more damage to infantry. I also gave him the Atk+1 seal, but I'm not sure if it ended up being relevant in this case.

Looking back at the old thread, Ryoma used to be just acceptable as a Thief baiter, but now that Skill Inheritance is a thing, neutral Fury Vantage Ryoma only takes 19 damage from a Poison Dagger, which leaves him perfectly in Vantage territory, and he does 39 damage back. That's 5 damage away from a one-shot, so it can be overcome with a Hone/Spur and Atk Seal.

15 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Soren with Gronnraven+ (the tome that gives you weapon triangle advantage against grey units) and Triangle Adept 3, that converts the bonus and penalties from the WTA from 20% to 40%. With that, even my Soren with -Atk can really dent the ninjas and almost kill Ursula (he kills her if Moonbow procs, but the proc in that run is used to kill the armor), while not dying from the Poison Daggers+, even if they deal 50% more damage to infantry. I also gave him the Atk+1 seal, but I'm not sure if it ended up being relevant in this case.

ah, got it. thanks.

is there a way to beat the Ursula map with just having Ursula sit there and look pretty? i don't feel like training her up :P

someone brought up Xander tho and i think i have a plan...but then i can't bring a dancer hmm..

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

is there a way to beat the Ursula map with just having Ursula sit there and look pretty? i don't feel like training her up :P

someone brought up Xander tho and i think i have a plan...but then i can't bring a dancer hmm..

Kagerou and F!Robin are your answers. I think you have both, don't you?

Muh strat only uses three people.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Kagerou and F!Robin are your answers. I think you have both, don't you?

Muh strat only uses three people.

ah looks like i was going in the right direction with Kagerou and F!Robin already in the team. so lucky 3* Robin can exactly kill Ursula. it turns out Xander was exactly what i needed though i just cleared it. he was basically the Tiki in your scenario, but for my stinky method i needed someone to tank the top right thief so she'd probably have died (i don't even have her tho)

Edited by wizzard of soz

ah looks like i was going in the right direction with Kagerou and F!Robin already in the team. so lucky 3* Robin can exactly kill Ursula. it turns out Xander was exactly what i needed though i just cleared it. he was basically the Tiki in your scenario, but for my stinky method i needed someone to tank the top right thief so she'd probably have died (i don't even have her tho)

iirc, all the 5* dragons (except maybe Ninian now? She didn't exist back then so idk) can survive one round against a Thief, so it's all good. Though, that would mean they'd get killed by the Sword Cav this way.

How did you end up having to tank the top Thief?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

iirc, all the 5* dragons (except maybe Ninian now? She didn't exist back then so idk) can survive one round against a Thief, so it's all good. Though, that would mean they'd get killed by the Sword Cav this way.

How did you end up having to tank the top Thief?

ooo that's hot.  but then yeah Sword Cav comes to the rescue. i'm guessing they can't survive Kagerou tho?

i baited Ursula with Robin on the first turn, which meant if she moved away after she'd still be in Sword Cav range of death, so i had to have someone who could move in front to protect.

ooo that's hot.  but then yeah Sword Cav comes to the rescue. i'm guessing they can't survive Kagerou tho?

i baited Ursula with Robin on the first turn, which meant if she moved away after she'd still be in Sword Cav range of death, so i had to have someone who could move in front to protect.

iirc the Sword Cav doesn't die to Kagerou, even if you have Life and Death, but L&D Kagerou can't tank the thieves to begin with.

Oh, I see. I left Ursula alone on turn 1 on purpose, because if you kill both the Thief and Ursula at once, the chokepoint becomes super crowded, and I don't think anyone other than Eldigan or Xander can move in front Kagerou and F!Robin to protect them while also not dying themselves. Skill inheritance might have changed that though, not sure.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

iirc the Sword Cav doesn't die to Kagerou, even if you have Life and Death, but L&D Kagerou can't tank the thieves to begin with.

Oh, I see. I left Ursula alone on turn 1 on purpose, because if you kill both the Thief and Ursula at once, the chokepoint becomes super crowded, and I don't think anyone other than Eldigan or Xander can move in front Kagerou and F!Robin to protect them while also not dying themselves. Skill inheritance might have changed that though, not sure.

oh oh i meant about the dragons being able to tank Kagerou. 

yeah that's a much cleaner way imo. i was just too thirsty for Ursula's blood to even think of waiting out a turn. person above mentioned Draug, he could probably manage it, and Zephiel. i always forget armors don't count as infantry.

oh oh i meant about the dragons being able to tank Kagerou. 

yeah that's a much cleaner way imo. i was just too thirsty for Ursula's blood to even think of waiting out a turn. person above mentioned Draug, he could probably manage it, and Zephiel. i always forget armors don't count as infantry.

Oh, I meant the Thieves in this GHB specifically. There is no dragon that can tank Kagerou in the Arena as far as I know.

Yeah, a lot of people forgot that anything not infantry could deal with the Thieves for a good while when this GHB first came out.

8 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@Kaden Here's that Olivia, Sharena, Ursula, Kagero demo. I gave my Kagero the HP +3 seal because I didn't want to wait for her to get 46 combined HP & Def, but 4* Lv. 40 Sharena needs the it to survive the Axe Knight (with...you may have guessed it...1 HP). -HP/neutral Def 4* Kagero hits 46 exactly anyway, so it doesn't matter. I forgot to reduce my Sharena's set to ~4*, but the process is basically the same. Kagero's Atk matches that of a 4* Lv. 40, Neutral Atk Kagero though. That Olivia is full neutral, and would survive Ursula even without the +1 merge.

Edit: Just remembered that 46 combined HP+Def is based on the assumption of Fortify Def 3 R.I.P. ... you could probably use Rally Attack Frederick instead of Sharena, but 1) you'd have to have Rally Attack fodder (don't suppose you have a spare Hana or Raigh or Spring Princess Camilla) and 2) the enemies might move differently? Mostly thinking Ursula and the Sword Cav, now that they see juicy Fred bait instead of a scary Askran princess.

Hide contents

@TheTuckingFypo Just tagging you to make sure you saw the relevant edits to the post, since it was a little bit after the initial statement.

So Olivia, Reinhardt, Ursula and Frederick? Hmmm. Yeah I have some Rally Attack fodder...

Ignore me. I can't read.

Yeah I saw the posts. I need to level Sharena and Ursula further first.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

8 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

So Olivia, Reinhardt, Ursula and Frederick? Hmmm. Yeah I have some Rally Attack fodder...

Ignore me. I can't read.

Yeah I saw the posts. I need to level Sharena and Ursula further first.

BTW I have a strat of my own, but Frigid beat me to the punch scrub

If his way doesn't work, we can always try my idea ;)