Bond Conversations

Thane

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Let's be honest, we really don't know what she wouldn't like. I'm not sure that she's ever been stated to not like an outfit. Plus I really disregard the audio books/mangas.

It's still referenced in Fates with the amiibo content, likely suggesting a canonicity.

Contributing to the topic now, I'd like to see:

Chrom and Corrin referencing Before Awakening

Corrin and the Smash reps, with Corrin mentioning having apparently met them before with the exception of Roy as a reference to Fates' My Castle feature and the amiibo battles.

Marth and Chrom discussing the deeper side of their ideals and methods to attain them, perhaps showing some guilt on Marth's side for some of the hard choices he's made compared to Chrom who never had to sacrifice anybody.

Marth and Robin referencing Kris.

Lyn and Robin as a callback to the conversation in Awakening after recruiting DLC Lyn.

Lyn and Morgan as a separate nod to the FE7 Tactician.

Several Lords discussing the various Fire Emblems and being confused and amazed at the others.

4 hours ago, Tryhard said:

I'm not sure what the dialogue in Hyrule Warriors was like, but for people unfamiliar with Koei Tecmo and the Warriors games I wouldn't expect much other than goofiness.

Expecting standard crossover fare, really-- goofy fanservice with the odd substantial/heartwarming moment.

To actually contribute... yeah, I'm boring:
Robin/Leo (both previous ideas sound good)
Caeda/ Lucina (okay, not boring but seeing how Caeda's overshadowed so much by Marth in and out of universe it would be cool)
Camus/Marth (I'm disappointed Alm probably won't be here, because the awkwardness levels would be... yeah)

22 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Expecting standard crossover fare, really-- goofy fanservice with the odd substantial/heartwarming moment.

To actually contribute... yeah, I'm boring:
Robin/Leo (both previous ideas sound good)
Caeda/ Lucina (okay, not boring but seeing how Caeda's overshadowed so much by Marth in and out of universe it would be cool)
Camus/Marth (I'm disappointed Alm probably won't be here, because the awkwardness levels would be... yeah)

It would be nice to see her interact with her more underplayed ancestor.

As for villains, pretty much Walhart and anyone else. Perhaps Camus or Michalis.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It would be nice to see her interact with her more underplayed ancestor.

As for villains, pretty much Walhart and anyone else. Perhaps Camus or Michalis.

I'm in the camp who holds Caeda as one of the most criminally underrated characters in gaming (a girl who fights on the battlefield when people were just starting to be enthralled with rescuing Zelda and Peach).

I'm getting the feeling Awakening characters are going to be treating Archanean characters like the Samurai Warriors crew treated the Dynasty Warriors ones in WO3. The Awakening bunch are going to speak about fables of the legendary heroes of yore, and the Archaneans aren't going to get it one bit.

The only games being represented are a little blah for me to make wishes for, particularly when only a select subset of the cast will even be playable in all likelihood. There are only so many ways you will be able to spin them in convos. 

If I'm going to ask for anything, it'd be Camus-Michalis interactions. Weren't they supposedly scheming together to undo Medeus and Garnef before Marth's ascendance in Shadow Dragon? Or am I recalling a lie?

If they did converse with each other about defeating the big bads of Archanea, we never get to see it, so even though it isn't a cross-world interaction, I would still like to see the two working together in some capacity. Given Camus's undying loyalty to his pathetic liege and Michalis's willingness to overthrow his father, I don't expect that they would have perfect chemistry. I would instead assume they would be united solely through a shared objective in defeating the evil at hand, and that their relationship would be mostly professional and emotionless. But I'd like this kind of relationship for some reason. Fond feelings of friendship be darned for once.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm getting the feeling Awakening characters are going to be treating Archanean characters like the Samurai Warriors crew treated the Dynasty Warriors ones in WO3. The Awakening bunch are going to speak about fables of the legendary heroes of yore, and the Archaneans aren't going to get it one bit.

The only games being represented are a little blah for me to make wishes for, particularly when only a select subset of the cast will even be playable in all likelihood. There are only so many ways you will be able to spin them in convos. 

If I'm going to ask for anything, it'd be Camus-Michalis interactions. Weren't they supposedly scheming together to undo Medeus and Garnef before Marth's ascendance in Shadow Dragon? Or am I recalling a lie?

If they did converse with each other about defeating the big bads of Archanea, we never get to see it, so even though it isn't a cross-world interaction, I would still like to see the two working together in some capacity. Given Camus's undying loyalty to his pathetic liege and Michalis's willingness to overthrow his father, I don't expect that they would have perfect chemistry. I would instead assume they would be united solely through a shared objective in defeating the evil at hand, and that their relationship would be mostly professional and emotionless. But I'd like this kind of relationship for some reason. Fond feelings of friendship be darned for once.

Pretty sure that the Awakening characters would do that for most of the other games.

27 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Pretty sure that the Awakening characters would do that for most of the other games.

I think Chrom actually did it in Awakening's DLC before one of the battles.

Just now, Light Strategist said:

I think Chrom actually did it in Awakening's DLC before one of the battles.

I think one of my favorite lines from the DLC is in R&R 3 where he says it's time to make some new legends. It's like they are officially taking their place among the others.

23 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think one of my favorite lines from the DLC is in R&R 3 where he says it's time to make some new legends. It's like they are officially taking their place among the others.

One of my favourites is when Owain calls Mist a wench and acts like an utter idiot in front of her with Mist just not knowing how to react to his behaviour.

I guess all I would really want to see is Camus / Xander and Merric / Robin, just for the sake of it.  I can't think of any interesting conversations really.

32 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

One of my favourites is when Owain calls Mist a wench and acts like an utter idiot in front of her with Mist just not knowing how to react to his behaviour.

I don't think I ever got that one. I usually paired him with Severa with her in the lead.

Ike and Chrom weightlifting competition. That would be hilarious if done right. 

Camus and Xander is a must. 

Virion and Charlotte could have potential to be funny as well. Not sure either of them will make it in, but if they do that would be a good one.

Celica and Lucina could have potential, if SoV gets a rep which I hope they do. 

3-13 Archer and Rallyman. 

Edited by Tolvir

20 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Ike and Chrom weightlifting competition. That would be hilarious if done right. 

Camus and Xander is a must. 

Virion and Charlotte could have potential to be funny as well. Not sure either of them will make it in, but if they do that would be a good one.

Celica and Lucina could have potential, if SoV gets a rep which I hope they do. 

3-13 Archer and Rallyman. 

Just curious since I can't play SoV, but why do you think Lucina and Celica would be interesting?

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Just curious since I can't play SoV, but why do you think Lucina and Celica would be interesting?

Both are very dedicated to saving their world, and are even willing to make sacrifices and hard decisions along the way. Celica grew up with her family dead, and thinking her brother was dead. Ultimately she new she would have to become Queen one day. Lucina grew up without her parents, and had to take over as leader for the kingdom. They are similar in quite a few ways, but also different enough where it would make any conversation between them interesting.

Edited by Tolvir

In addition to what I already listed I've got some more.

Gaius and Asugi

Tharja and Rhajat

Cordelia and Caeldori

Gaius and Saizo

Tharja and Hayato

Cordelia and Subaki

Noire and Rhajat

Gaius and Kaze

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't think I ever got that one. I usually paired him with Severa with her in the lead.

Smash Brethren 2. Upper Right Corner. It's even got a Zelda reference in the conversation.

I'm honestly not sure what to think in regards to the bond conversations because...well...Koei Tecmo hasn't exactly been known for good writing.

I mean, Dynasty Warriors and Hyrule Warriors both have some pretty cringy dialogue.

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm honestly not sure what to think in regards to the bond conversations because...well...Koei Tecmo hasn't exactly been known for good writing.

I mean, Dynasty Warriors and Hyrule Warriors both have some pretty cringy dialogue.

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires. Taishi Ci defeating Zhen Ji. I laugh almost all the time.

11 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't think HW was that bad. A little campy maybe, but not terrible. Still, they are being supervised. Take that as you will.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't think HW was that bad. A little campy maybe, but not terrible. Still, they are being supervised. Take that as you will.

It's just that, in regards to Hyrule Warriors, I'll never forgive how they made Link and Zelda's relationship completely shallow. Took out any kind of depth normally found in the mainstream games and gave them perhaps the blandest "destined lovers" thing I've ever seen in a video game.

12 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Absolute last one I'll be thinking of:

I'm not sure the world is ready for two Owains. It's a shame though, if he or Severa make it, it will probably be the Fates version. Maybe their original designs will come in as costumes.

17 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm not sure the world is ready for two Owains. It's a shame though, if he or Severa make it, it will probably be the Fates version. Maybe their original designs will come in as costumes.

Play Revelation → Marry him to Kagero or Ninja Avatar → Reclass him to Mechanist → Learn Replicate → Inheritance for Ophelia is Replicate → If Male Avatar, Marry Ophelia and have Kana inherit Replicate → The blood of Heroes is protecting everywhere. No foe is safe.

Edited by Light Strategist