Tempest Torture

Arthur97

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

No Lucina. If you're looking for a Falchion user, all I have is a level 33 or so Alm.

Alm, unfortunately, doesn't have a spread nearly as ridiculous has Lucina's 34/36. He's 1 behind in Atk and 6 behind in spd---not a difference that can be made up outside of +Spd and L&D 3.

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The two mages are 4*, so they suffer thanks to that.

Yeah, running 4*s vs 10th stratum level enemies is pain and suffering. Have you tried just running your A-team in Lunatic and seeing how far they get? If they can clear the normal maps consistently, then, even if they lose map 7 a lot of the time, it's still quite worth it. (Since the score is about the same even if you lose at 7, and you get more experience---and more score---at clearing the final map.)

That said, if Ryoma/Hector/Sharea is your A-team, I can see why you're having problems. People that rely on trading hits to win fights don't do well in protracted gauntlet runs like this. (An 'offensive' team's 'you win or you die' units have the advantage where, if they don't die, they usually take 0 damage.)

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Alm, unfortunately, doesn't have a spread nearly as ridiculous has Lucina's 34/36. He's 1 behind in Atk and 6 behind in spd---not a difference that can be made up outside of +Spd and L&D 3.

Yeah, running 4*s in 10th stratum level enemies is pain and suffering. Have you tried just running your A-team in Lunatic and seeing how far they get? If they can clear the normal maps consistently, then, even if they lose map 7 a lot of the time, it's still quite worth it. (Since the score is about the same even if you lose at 7, and you experience---and more score---at clearing the final map.)

That said, if Ryoma/Hector/Sharea is your A-team, I can see why you're having problems. People that rely on trading hits to win fights don't do well in protracted gauntlet runs like this. (An 'offensive' team's 'you win or you die' units have the advantage where, if they don't die, they usually take 0 damage.)

My A-team is Ryoma/Nino/Linde. Yes, the same Nino that's still 4*- she's probably my next promotion.

Besides, the goal is for Ryoma/Hector/Sharena to be required only in the final battle.

11 hours ago, azurrys said:

Has anyone figured out the benchmark turn count for A rank speed yet? I tried keeping some statistics, but consistently have forgotten to note down a map or two, so I don't know my turn counts for sure. Still, for what it's worth, my estimations of 23-28 turns have netted me A ranks for speed (only counting the final turn count for any map where I lost a team and re-fielded a different one). 28 turns might make sense since that means an average of 4 turns across the 7 maps.

Since speed is worth so much more than survival, I'm really curious about how long I can dawdle on the final map before my rank drops lol.

I was wondering if any one else was keeping track of their turns as well, I think anything below 30 turns gets you an A rank in speed.

30 gave me a B
31-35 gave me a C
36-40? gave me a D, haven't went above 36 so I guess 40 is the cutoff 
41+ is an E

Almost reached 18k, but I think I'll stop here for now. I've used 3 stamina potions so far, but one of them was really just to do the Zephiel missions. One came in the login bonus anyway.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Went from Nowi / Reinhardt / Lilina / Soren+1 to Lissa / Reinhardt / Lilina / Soren+1 and started to clear the highest stratum.
If the first team fails—which happens at Veronica’s—, Sanaki / Sharena / Eirika / Nino try to pick up from there.
Last time though it dragged to the fourth team, where I had to use my horses: Xander / Camus / Frederick / Cecilia. Blade tomes rule (even though Cecilia didn’t survive until the end).

My current score is 7,920. Yeah, I’m not the best tactician out there for sure. I still think I can make it and reach 50k by the end.

Edited by Vaximillian

Decided to boost my goal because I really want those orbs at the end. XD Why not? Go big or go home.

I maxed out HM on Azura and switched to Olivia. I'll probably be able to do the same for Xander and Olivia by the end. On my first team, Sanaki's the only one getting HM (since Nino and Robin are maxed out)...so I may try to shuffle characters around. But I don't think anyone could replace Nino. Julia's pretty great, but she doesn't pull the same weight.

Right now I've got a score of 11,529. And I've got another 40 stamina to use, but I'm giving my brain a break. XD 

My only complaint about the TT is that if an unit dies, it becomes an empty slot and basically if you get a bad matchup next round you're pretty much screwed.

Currently at ~17k and running:

Y!Tiki/Nowi/Julia/Elise+1

TA2+ QR2 on both dragons, and Lancebreaker on Julia.

My bane is that 48hp 44 res Felicia. Outside that, I only lose someone if i really mess the things up.

Here's something funny that I've noticed. For as much as I dislike Corrin, the male version of them (whom I've pulled as a 5-star with +atk -HP nature) has actually been very useful in the final map. And by very useful, I mean that he's like on the fourth team I deploy and tends to survive even when no one else does to beat the last guy on the map.

I have to say, Corrin, I may hate you in Fates but I have to give you credit in Heroes.

1 hour ago, Fei Mao said:

I was wondering if any one else was keeping track of their turns as well, I think anything below 30 turns gets you an A rank in speed.

30 gave me a B
31-35 gave me a C
36-40? gave me a D, haven't went above 36 so I guess 40 is the cutoff 
41+ is an E

Awesome, those are some handy figures! I should try for a 29-turn run to see if that nets me a B, or if it'll get me an A. I'm out of stamina and forgot to record my last few runs but I'll see how it goes later. Now that I finally have a working team to reliably beat Lunatic (bless Desperation Tharja) I should be able to dodge around the last map for long enough to manipulate the turn count... I hope.

-

In totally unrelated words, I ran the mass duel simulator for Quickened Pulse Moonbow +ATK Death Blow 3 Reinhardt with Hone Cav boosts (i.e. everyone's worst nightmare). He now eats Nino for breakfast, and an extra Goad allows him to take out Hector, Soren and Cecilia. Unless TA comes in, the only characters left standing after Hone + Goad are Julia, Titania and Camilla. Bye Reinhardt counters!

...I simultaneously can't wait for this seal to be in my life and fucking dread it.

Edited by azurrys
I really shouldn't run the duel simulator while half-asleep, that was a lot of mistakes.

1 minute ago, azurrys said:

+ATK Death Blow 3 Reinhardt with Hone Cav boosts

I just want my Reinhardt to have Death Blow. His punch is seriously not strong enough without that boost.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I just want my Reinhardt to have Death Blow. His punch is seriously not strong enough without that boost.

Definitely true; I used Reinhardt practically from the first day I started playing since he was one of my early 5*s, but he only became the insane beast he is today after Death Blow (which was then compounded by Horse Emblem shenanigans). Hope you get a Klein soon! And in the meantime, even DB2 is a huge improvement over vanilla, so eating an Ursula or Hawkeye might not be bad. He can always take Klein's QR while he's getting DB later.

On lunatic I can get past 4-5 levels pretty consistently - but then it all falls apart, Klein been key for me, def. been under estimating him so far, last level I think I've beaten once.....maybe twice, I would like to gt to 50,000 points atleast for the seal, not sure if that'll happen

Quick question - any advice on killing a dagger user - they seem to be abit of a stumbling block for me atm.

2 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

On lunatic I can get past 4-5 levels pretty consistently - but then it all falls apart, Klein been key for me, def. been under estimating him so far, last level I think I've beaten once.....maybe twice, I would like to gt to 50,000 points atleast for the seal, not sure if that'll happen

Quick question - any advice on killing a dagger user - they seem to be abit of a stumbling block for me atm.

hector or armour unit with distance counter work for me. 

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I have to say, Corrin, I may hate you in Fates but I have to give you credit in Heroes.

ahah, me too. he's so balanced and just...tanky, does good damage, pretty speedy...my M!Corrin is totally decked out in SI but i haven't been using him really..rip. the -Atk has really screwed me multiple times and i got frustrated. he really is a great unit though.

1 minute ago, Whistle said:

hector or armour unit with distance counter work for me. 

Yeh I dont have hector or distant counter- but generally a melee unit then? I'm using alot of ranged units and forsome reason daggers seem to screw me (not all the time but enough for it to be annoying lol)

23 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Yeh I dont have hector or distant counter- but generally a melee unit then? I'm using alot of ranged units and forsome reason daggers seem to screw me (not all the time but enough for it to be annoying lol)

Melee work but some ninja have super high def. This force u to use mage pretty much. If u outdef them u can distance counter with your physical unit still tho so that is the upside. If you dont have it then just reposition your self and melee that guy down. 

Head up. 80k point now. I probably stop at 100k ~ . Someone mention to me earlier about the way to integrate tempest and lv grind before ? Anyone try it out yet . plz enlighten me, never do lower difficulty one before :D.

Capture20.JPG

I'm finding that the tempest trials are super unpredictable, which I both love and hate.

Watching an entire four man team get wrecked by an absolutely broken Boey (45 def, wtf?? Seriously, wtf??) after killing Veronica was not fun.

But finally getting to spam +res Lyn (only takes ten damage from Veronica for the win), as well as getting to use really obscure units like four star F!Robin to snipe Olwens and Reinhardts, and Narcian and his emerald axe makes this mode a ton of fun as well.