Tempest Torture

Arthur97

I have been consistently A A scoring 7 map Lunatic Trial 705pts with this team, there should be S rank for no deaths.  :B):

The healing tech 4* Tharja has been clutch!  Breath and Renew are perfect skills for this mode!  Highly recommend building this version of Tharja who is pretty easy to cobble together :)

4*Tharja+1 +atk - hp  A: Darting Blow3  B: Renewal 2  C: Breath of Life 3  S: Spur Def  Ardent Sacrifice  Retribution

Soren+2 +atk -res Blade+ A: Darting Blow3  B: Desperation3  C: Hone Atk3  S: Spd  Draconic Aura  Draw Back

Azura+2 +spd -hp  A: Speed +3  B: Wings of Mercy3  C: Hone Spd3  S: Fort Res  Sing  Moonbow

Ike+1 +spd -atk  A: Heavy Blade3  B: Quick Riposte3 C: Hone Atk  S: +3 Hp  Aether  Reposition  (changed from his Arena kit of Fury moonbow)

You could probably do something similar with just Camus, Nino, Olivia, and Tharja.  

2x Blade Mage + Dancer great for fast clear times and taking minimal damage.  

Good Luck!

Edited by Chromatone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

But how can I be the best thing ever when she exists?

You are the best thing for her

She is the best thing for you~

Everyone has these super buffed up teams of destruction

While I'm over here bootlegging it to the maximum heh. I still have a pretty swanky score though. 14,550 gets me to rank 4,202

and I have 54.5k feathers, I've collected merit FIVE times just from doing this... not to mention Celica and Jaffar as well as others now have a BOATLOAD of SP lol

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Everyone has these super buffed up teams of destruction

While I'm over here bootlegging it to the maximum heh. I still have a pretty swanky score though. 14,550 gets me to rank 4,202

and I have 54.5k feathers, I've collected merit FIVE times just from doing this... not to mention Celica and Jaffar as well as others now have a BOATLOAD of SP lol

I wish my Elise would gain SP a bit faster.  She needs SI badly.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I've collected merit FIVE times just from doing this

Guess who’s a loser at hero merit? Yours truly is a loser at hero merit.
Lissa, Lilina, Reinhardt, Soren, Sharena, and Eirika (i. e., the units I actually use in the trials) are already capped.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

awwww~~~

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wish my Elise would gain SP a bit faster.  She needs SI badly.

My Serra Started with a little over 650 SP

Now she has 873 heh. I don't even need anymore skills on her..... she has an empty A skill but eh

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Guess who’s a loser at hero merit? Yours truly is a loser at hero merit.
Lissa, Lilina, Reinhardt, Soren, Sharena, and Eirika (i. e., the units I actually use in the trials) are already capped.

LOL

That's why I don't purposely grind my merit. You just have to let it happen naturally ;)

I like being surprised with feathers!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

LOL
That's why I don't purposely grind my merit. You just have to let it happen naturally ;)
I like being surprised with feathers!

The thing is, I didn’t purposely grind for merit. It did happen naturally.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

The thing is, I didn’t purposely grind for merit. It did happen naturally.

Hm

I guess I don't play as often as you do heh. Oh well! You can always whip out that spare Odin and see how long it takes for him to reach 500 merit XD

10 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

LOl. took me a while to catch that drift but shgjkh, word

about how much do you get per go? do speed and survival have the same weight, as in max multiplier is 1.5 for both? 

Speed matters more. A drop in rank for speed is .1 compared to 0.05 in Survival if I recall correctly. I'm not playing optimally, basically I suck I know

7 hours ago, Sire said:

As for running a healer on my main, the only healer I really have of use is a 4*-Star, Highly Inherited, Lvl 33 Azama (I placed lots of staffie skills on him such as the various assists and specials, but he still lacks proper passives. However, he does has Rehabilitate.) Thing is, if I do run him, I am not sure who to replace since everyone plays an important role...

Hide contents

1. Nino helps with healing with Breath of Life while also serving as my nuke as she runs Fury, Desperation, and Breath of Life. Sure, BoL3 is not as good a proper healing, but it helps a lot. Also, since I am running Fury Nino and HP carries over round to round, I can't use Nino to tank Reinhardt or Olwen on the last chapter if they show up.

2. Erika is my primary support unit as she runs all the buffs which is important for Nino. If she was properly outfitted with skills (Triangle Adept 3 or Distant Counter, Renewal, and maybe Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid instead of Rally Defense), she would help the team go farther, but as it stands I have to deal with the Erika I have. I could try subbing out Erika for a 4* Olivia or a healer, but then Nino's -blade tome damage will be more difficult to set up (Ephraim has his weapon and Rally Resistance while Ryoma has Hone SPD).

3. Ephraim is my main physical tank, and while I would love to run Triangle Adept + Lancebreaker, I fully invested into Defiant DEF and Swordbreaker. In an ideal setting, I could replace Ephraim with Azura since she can handle Reds with the Sapphire Lance and dance Nino, but I don't have an Azura. Also, Ephraim is my only outfitted Blue unit. I have Sharena who does okay, but she is not fully outfitted and is currently on the Filler team.

4. Ryoma is my general "jack of all trades" character since he has Distant Counter, and handles Green units. He also serves as my main Veronica counter, although Nino who is properly buffed and not panicking could also probably do the job. Instead of swapping out Erika, I can swap out Ryoma for a 4* Olivia or a healer. The problem with this is that my Erika does not have much in terms of damage output as she is not +Atk (she is +SPD) and only has Triangle Adept 1 instead of TA 3.
TLDR: I can't sub out Nino or Ephraim as they are my only outfitted characters of that color.

Also, I have no feathers to spare. I just promoted Michalis to 5-Star and have 1500 feathers at the moment. So, no 5-Star Olivia or Azama for me. // My pulls have also been rather poor as of late, so no Lucina, Azura, or Bride!Cordelia to carry me to victory either.

As for the general tips...

Reveal hidden contents

1. I would love running Triangle Adept on Erika and Ephraim, but I don't have any Roys to inherit from and the siblings' SP levels are low. Erika has TA 1 while Ephraim invested into Defiant DEF. Ephraim also runs Swordbreaker, but I want him to eventually transition into Lancebreaker instead since TA should handle most Reds. (I could run Quick Riposte on Ephraim, but I prefer Lancebreaker on him since it also works on the player phase and combos well with TA.) // As for Spring Camilla, I want to run the Triangle Raven Riposte build, but do not have the characters available to properly outfit her (for max stuff. I try not to settle with lesser versions of the skills since I think in the long term.)

2. Desperation is an amazing skill and I do run a Furious, Desperate Nino. I also have Desperation on Tharja and Olwen, but Tharja is a 4* character while Olwen lacks the damage output without a +Atk nature and Life and Death. Sadly, I do not have any more Pegasus-Knights-In-Training to inherit Desperation from.

3. Dancers are amazing, yes, but all I have is a 4* Neutral Olivia to work with. She is not even level 40 or has proper Skill Inheritance yet since I am waiting for "Olivia Prime" to show up and invest into. Still, the Dance ability is extremely powerful, especially when used on an outfitted Nino.

4. I understand the desire for healers in Tempest Trials due to HP, but I find running the healing skills can work just as well. Besides my 4* Azama, I do not have any outfitted healers with all the skills, and even Azama is not properly outfitted. Now, if I had a team full of Distant / Close Counters that can tank for days, I'll probably run a healer since it synergizes well.

Anyways, thanks for the tips! I'll see if I can swap out Ryoma or Erika for a Healer and see how I fare.

I cut the part out for using a bonus dud team since Ice addressed it already.

Don't worry about getting everybody optimal for the Trials, since ideally only Nino and your Red Mage / Sword will be attacking. The Dancer and Healer just keep them up.

Rehabilitate is fantastic for counteracting the recoil from Fury. My Nino always enters the final map with 1 HP, but Rehabilitate instantly brings her back to full for tanking the mage cavalry on the right side So long as it's not Adept Leo... If Nino needs to take a hit in an emergency and there's no way she can attack or reach them without getting KO'd back, then use Rehabilitate! Few things outside of weapon advantage can OHKO her despite her frailty; neutral Nino has 52 bulk.

You don't need a dedicated buff unit even if you're running double -Blade. I opted to split my buffs between Sakura and Ninian, and even then I only used Hone Spd, Hone Atk, and the Fortify Res seal between the two of them. It's that simple.

The Triangle Adept comp was just a suggestion and works as a separate team entirely. I lacked the fodder for it and couldn't use it either.

At any rate, the team you listed sounds like it would work pretty well in practice, and is rather similar to the one I suggested.

Best of luck with the trials!

Edited by MrSmokestack

I think I need some advice. How should I use my Stamina? Should I try to beat the Temperst Trials with the units I already have at 5* Level 40, or try to level up my weaker units?

My current 5* units are:

Roy (level 40) (I also have a level 1, 4*);

Lyn (level 40);

Ryoma (level 40);

Sharena (level 40)(has inherited Fury3, Moonbow and RTomebreaker1);

Cordelia (level 40) (I also have a level 1, 4*);

Anna (Level 40);

Spring!Chrom (Level 40);

Camilla (level 40);

Takumi (level 40);

Marth (Level 23);

Bride!Caeda (Level 22);

Reinhardt (Level 22) (I also have 3 4*s level 1);

Julia (Level 22);

Eirika (level 22);

Alfonse (Level 20);

Seliph (level 1);

Jakob (level 22);

Lachesis (level 16);

YTiki (level 35);

4 Star Units:

3 Gordins (1 4*s and 2 3*s. All level 1);

Jeorge (level 21);

4 Pallas (level 35, the rest are level 1, 2 are 3*s)

2 Catrias (1 is 3*s , the other is 4*s);

4 Ests (1 4*s, the rest are 3*s);

Sheena (level 1);

2 Gwendolyns (level 1, one is 3*s);

3 Raighs  (level 1, one is 4*s, another is 3*s and the last is 2*s);

4 Cecilias (level 1, one is 4*, another is 3*s,one is 2*s and one is 1*);

5 Bartres (level 1, one is 4*s, the rest are 3*s);

6 Firs (level 1, one is 4*s, the rest are 3*s);

6 Sophias (Level 1, one is 4*s, one is 2*s and the rest are 3*s);

2 Serras (level 22, one is 3*(level 9));

2 Ravens and 2 Rebeccas (Level1);

2 Florinas (Level 1, one 3*s);

Titania (Level1);

2 MRobin(Level 33, one is 3*s);

5 Lissas (Level 1, one is 4*s, two is 3*s, one is 2*s, one is 1*);

5 Fredericks (Level 1, one is 4*s the rest are 3*s);

Sully (level 1);

6 Stahls (Level 24, one is 4*s, 3 are 3*s, one is 2*s, one is 1*);

2 Lon'qu's (Level 14);

9 Henrys (Level 24, 3 are 4*s, the rest are 6*s);

Tharja (level 1);

4 Cherches (One is  4*s, the rest are 3 *s);

3 ATikis(Level 34, one is 4*s, the rest are 3*s);

2 FCorrins (Level 35, one is 4*s, the other is 3*s);

11 Gunters (Level 17, one is 4*s, one is 2*s, one is 1*, the rest are 3*s);

5 Felicias (Level 32, one is 4*s, 2 are 3*s, one is 2*s, one is 1*);

2 Saizos (Level 1, one is 4*s, the other is 3*s);

6 Azamas (Level 1, 2 are 4*s, the rest are 3*s);

3 Hinatas (Level 1, 1 is 4*, the rest are 3*s);

Sakura (Level 1);

6 Subakis (level 1, one is 4*s, one is 2*s, one is 1*, the rest are 3*s);

4 Odins (one is 4*s, the rest are 3*s);

Other units

Jagen (Level 1);

8 Draugs (Level 25, one is 2*s, the rest are 3*s);

3 Barsts (Level 34);

Michalis (Level 20);

Camus (Level 1);

2 Navarres (Level 20);

2 Wrys (Level 1);

Clarine (level 1);

Zephiel (level 1);

2 Narcians (Level 20);

2 Shannas (Level 18);

3 Eliwoods (Level 1);

3 Matthews (Level 22);

Lloyd (level 1);

Ursula (level 31);

Nino (level 25);

2FRobins (level 1, 2*s);

2 Gaius(level 1);

5 Donnels (Level 23, one is 2*s, one is 1*, the rest are 3*s);

5 Olivias (Level 20, one is 3*s, 2 are 2*s);

3 Virions (2 are 3*s, one 1 2*s);

Setsuna (level 1);

3 Oboros (Level 21);

6 Hanas (Level 33, one is 1*, one is 2*s, the rest are 3*s);

Xander (Level 1);

3 Laslows (level 1);

3 Selenas (level 23);

2 Niles (Level 24);

2 Arthurs (Level 32);

I only mentioned the highest level of the highest rarity units I have.

I also have 31.308 Feathers, so if you recommend that I upgrade a certain unit, whether for actual use or only SI, I'll take it into consideration.

7 minutes ago, Luankachu said:

I think I need some advice. How should I use my Stamina? Should I try to beat the Temperst Trials with the units I already have at 5* Level 40, or try to level up my weaker units?

The trials can be used to grind HM, XP, and SP. Looking at your lower leveled units, I think you should upgrade Nino or Tharja simple because blade tomes run the world :P You also have Eirika to buff them into the next dimension

Now whether or not you should grind units depends on what's missing from your team, and your Reinhardt looks like he can use some love! 

Fire Emblem reinforces superstition.

Of course Eliweed would be my first breathless win on the last map.

Because Belinda is Ninian right

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm a bit disappointed that you don't get more points for beating Lunatic completely deathless :/

It would be nice to raise the skill cap a bit to further differentiate from runs where you beat the map but lose most of your team in the process.

18 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

tfw wen ur cav team clears 7 maps but ur screaming is cut short when u realize no bonus unit.

393 points, almost as low as if I failed on map 7.

You could have just fielded a bonus unit by themselves then surrendered before gunning it with your cav team. But regardless, my condolences.

Just got my first perfect run for 705 points! Maybe I'm doing something right after all

Spoiler

Decided to randomly pull on the Tempest banner in the hopes of getting a 5* Nowi...got a 4* +SPD/-ATK one instead; is she salvageable? I'd love another good blue, since my teams are lacking good blues...

I'm slowly making my way through...I got pretty sidetracked with other things, but I hope to hit that 7,200 mark by day's end (I think I'll make it...just have to grind/pick a deity and pray :'D). Training my Tharja up and trying to better equip her so I can switch her and Lyn...

Hope all your attempts are going well!

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Luna of Dragonblood Just give her Triangle Adept / QR if you have it. +Spd is fantastic for Nowi even with -Atk.

I have TA3, but no QR unless I sack the only copy of a unit I have...which I'm wary to do...

Also, congrats on your first perfect run!! :D

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

You could have just fielded a bonus unit by themselves then surrendered before gunning it with your cav team. But regardless, my condolences.

Just got my first perfect run for 705 points! Maybe I'm doing something right after all

Hide contents

I've considered it. But my general plan is to reach map 7 with Team 1 so that I can surrender three times to drop those enemies to 40% HP. That usually creates some artificial difficulty now that their escape route, vantage, and similar skills are online. But I can't knock out enemies unless they're dropped to 20-30 HP. Their speed and defenses are too high.

2 hours ago, Chromatone said:

I have been consistently A A scoring 7 map Lunatic Trial 705pts with this team, there should be S rank for no deaths.  :B):

The healing tech 4* Tharja has been clutch!  Breath and Renew are perfect skills for this mode!  Highly recommend building this version of Tharja who is pretty easy to cobble together :)

4*Tharja+1 +atk - hp  A: Darting Blow3  B: Renewal 2  C: Breath of Life 3  S: Spur Def  Ardent Sacrifice  Retribution

Soren+2 +atk -res Blade+ A: Darting Blow3  B: Desperation3  C: Hone Atk3  S: Spd  Draconic Aura  Draw Back

Azura+2 +spd -hp  A: Speed +3  B: Wings of Mercy3  C: Hone Spd3  S: Fort Res  Sing  Moonbow

Ike+1 +spd -atk  A: Heavy Blade3  B: Quick Riposte3 C: Hone Atk  S: +3 Hp  Aether  Reposition  (changed from his Arena kit of Fury moonbow)

You could probably do something similar with just Camus, Nino, Olivia, and Tharja.  

2x Blade Mage + Dancer great for fast clear times and taking minimal damage.  

Good Luck!

I have been using almost the same team. I have Nino and buff bot Ephraim instead of Soren and Ike, and my Tharja is her vanilla skill set with Reposition. Desperation with Blade tome buffs is almost unstoppable. I get 705 points at least 80% of the time, and if I lose on the 7th map, I'm able to pick a team that perfectly counters whatever I lost to.

1 minute ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Decided to randomly pull on the Tempest banner in the hopes of getting a 5* Nowi...got a 4* +SPD/-ATK one instead; is she salvageable? I'd love another good blue, since my teams are lacking good blues...

I pulled TWO 5* -Atk Nowis when she wasn't even a focus unit.  -Atk is just way too bad for her. I messed around a lot with a battle simulator and she just can kill enough reliably with -Atk. So I upgraded my +Atk -HP Nowi and merged them all and she has been fantastic for me.

5 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I have TA3, but no QR unless I sack the only copy of a unit I have...which I'm wary to do...

Nowi is a great unit in general.

Building great units --> More results --> More orbs --> More pulls --> Units you want

Seems like a good investment to me, though granted I don't really have a collector's mentality with this sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

I pulled TWO 5* -Atk Nowis when she wasn't even a focus unit.  -Atk is just way too bad for her. I messed around a lot with a battle simulator and she just can kill enough reliably with -Atk. So I upgraded my +Atk -HP Nowi and merged them all and she has been fantastic for me.

Oof, really...? Ah, that's concerning... I have another that's -HP/+DEF, but I didn't know what to do with that set, so I left her alone.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nowi is a great unit in general.

Building great units --> More results --> More orbs --> More pulls --> Units you want

Seems like a good investment to me, though granted I don't really have a collector's mentality with this sort of thing.

Hahaha, yeah, I, unfortunately, have the collector's mentality... (darn you ~20 years of Pokémon!!) :'D It makes things very difficult in situations like this.

Haha...I messed up and rushed too much. Got Nino killed (and it was totally avoidable -_-) and the rest of the team soon followed a couple battles later. Reached 7th battle with a 3-man B-team. RIP Anna who died to Lilina. She would have lived with 1 hp...but no, Azura came along and danced her. Sharena died to Veronica but Ryoma's Vantage pulled through...Except for the freaking Effie. So I ended up kiting 64 hp Effie with Lissa who did 2 dmg....I swear Effie is freaking annoying with her wary fighter. 

10 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Haha...I messed up and rushed too much. Got Nino killed (and it was totally avoidable -_-) and the rest of the team soon followed a couple battles later. Reached 7th battle with a 3-man B-team. RIP Anna who died to Lilina. She would have lived with 1 hp...but no, Azura came along and danced her. Sharena died to Veronica but Ryoma's Vantage pulled through...Except for the freaking Effie. So I ended up kiting 64 hp Effie with Lissa who did 2 dmg....I swear Effie is freaking annoying with her wary fighter. 

Strategy isn't always pretty. Sometimes requires loads of patience.

I know the feeling.

1 exp per battle on Lunatic+ spotpass to level Chrom to Great Knight, Master Lord, and back down to lord before Chapter 4.

14 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Effie on the last stage always ruins my runs