Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Just now, Kruggov said:

At least, for once, Lunatic is more stamina efficient.

Also - losing a Lunatic run at last map gives as much points as winning a Hard run?

But I just lost a hard one?

And like I said, it's not really more stamina efficient if you're trying these maps multiple times over.

I get that it should be challenging, but this feels like the Super Mario Lost Levels.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And like I said, it's not really more stamina efficient if you're trying these maps multiple times over.

I get that it should be challenging, but this feels like the Super Mario Lost Levels.

But there's no such thing as a map that's stamina efficient even if you lose. No matter what map you pick, if you lose you get nothing out of it.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele These maps are actually very efficient in terms of stamina. 7 maps on the hardest difficulty for only 20 stamina? In the Tower you can expect to spend 63 stamina at a minimum.

The difficulty is another story though. They're far from easy, but that's to be expected honestly.

EDIT: Ninja'd

My Julia was able to get Spd Awakening (Defiant Spd) 3 and Desperation 2 for free thanks to 7 map Lunatic.

My IRL stamina for taking more of a grind is another story though.

I almost want to switch up my team with Robin approaching 2k HM just from these maps (Ryo, Nino, and Olivia's been maxed now) but my team synergy's definitely not as good with the units I don't use as much and they aren't exactly very well-SI'd. Alas. 

I do want that 15 extra orbs. 

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But there's no such thing as a map that's stamina efficient even if you lose. No matter what map you pick, if you lose you get nothing out of it.

You keep the Hero Merit and SP from any maps you clear up until you fail, so there's that.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

May I ask what team you've been using? There's always hope of improving for the remainder of the event.

So since yesterday, I assembled a decent cavalry team. Brought +Atk/-HP Cecilia up to 4* 40 and gave her Gronnblade and Ward Cavalry, and ended up giving Stahl Hone Cavalry and using him as my red, and put them together with Reinhardt and Blarblade Ursula. Cecilia in particular has me pleasantly surprised; I had her pegged as mediocre previously, but with cavalry buffs she really shines. Definitely going to 5* her once I get enough feathers. They've been able to clear out the first four of the Lunatic 5 maps pretty easy and usually make a considerable dent in the Dragon's Table map (though I've never gotten them to win), after which I can send in an A-team specifically tailored to the enemies. Been hesitant to try Lunatic 7 though.

My main roadblock with the cavalry team, given that 3/4 units are mages, is high-res ranged units. My first runthrough with this team got me seriously messed up by Lucius of all things, and a Klein nearly got me pretty good in another one. I'm thinking I'll give Rein Moonbow, any other suggestions?

12 minutes ago, Orange Juice said:

So since yesterday, I assembled a decent cavalry team. Brought +Atk/-HP Cecilia up to 4* 40 and gave her Gronnblade and Ward Cavalry, and ended up giving Stahl Hone Cavalry and using him as my red, and put them together with Reinhardt and Blarblade Ursula. Cecilia in particular has me pleasantly surprised; I had her pegged as mediocre previously, but with cavalry buffs she really shines. Definitely going to 5* her once I get enough feathers. They've been able to clear out the first four of the Lunatic 5 maps pretty easy and usually make a considerable dent in the Dragon's Table map (though I've never gotten them to win), after which I can send in an A-team specifically tailored to the enemies. Been hesitant to try Lunatic 7 though.

My main roadblock with the cavalry team, given that 3/4 units are mages, is high-res ranged units. My first runthrough with this team got me seriously messed up by Lucius of all things, and a Klein nearly got me pretty good in another one. I'm thinking I'll give Rein Moonbow, any other suggestions?

You can either bring in an archer---TKJ or B!Cordelia with brave bow all do well, or an exceptional physical cavalry with a brave weapon. Frederick, Peri, Camus, Abel, etc. Any cavalry with 30+ Atk would do well with a brave in your lineup, since they're mostly there to kill the high res units (and therefore low def) that your mages have problems with. Give them drag-back or hit and run if you're worried about spacing, otherwise B-slot can be renewal or desperation or something. (Renewal is good even at low ranks in tempest, since you heal 10 hp at the start of the map.)

24 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The 40k no potion club is the coolest club.

Someone who understands!

Not about to waste stamina potions when I can get all of the 100k rewards without spending any

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Someone who understands!

Not about to waste stamina potions when I can get all of the 100k rewards without spending any

Tempest is the most stamina efficient source of SP and Hero Merit. If you spent stamina anywhere but tempest, you've wasted stamina potions.

23 minutes ago, Apples said:

May I ask what team you've been using? There's always hope of improving for the remainder of the event.

A few of my strongest characters and male Robin since he's the only bonus unit I can use (female Robin is not trained up since I haven't leveled her anymore after making her 5 star).

But I don't feel like trying anymore. Thanks though.

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Someone who understands!

What else is there to use them on? Plus, I have over 4000 platinum points.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Tempest is the most stamina efficient source of SP and Hero Merit. If you spent stamina anywhere but tempest, you've wasted stamina potions.

Hmm, you do have a point. Perhaps I'll grind extra on Tempest once I've reached I've secured all the rewards I want, but for the time being I just want to focus on maximizing points, which I have difficulties doing with units I haven't already gotten max HM and more than enough SP on. 

I'll also admit that another reason is bragging rights. It makes me feel good to say that I've gotten 40k or 50k or whatever even without spending stamina potions because that carries with it the implication that I'm able to consistently run Lunatic and do well, perfectly even. Is it a foolish and vain motivation? Perhaps. But then humans are often vain creatures. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Hmm, you do have a point. Perhaps I'll grind extra on Tempest once I've reached I've secured all the rewards I want, but for the time being I just want to focus on maximizing points, which I have difficulties doing with units I haven't already gotten max HM and more than enough SP on. 

I'll also admit that another reason is bragging rights. It makes me feel good to say that I've gotten 40k or 50k or whatever even without spending stamina potions because that carries with it the implication that I'm able to consistently run Lunatic and do well, perfectly even. Is it a foolish and vain motivation? Perhaps. But then humans are often vain creatures. 

But if you hit a certain points versus Stamina Potion ratio, that just means you played more consistent runs, which is an even bigger feat.