Tempest Torture

Arthur97

So, assuming I'm perfect, have an actual backup team and 40% Bonus Characters, I should be getting around 700 per trial.

Realistically, this is over the fith time I'm struggling to make it through half of it. It's kind of stressful when you're trying to avoid them taking damage in the first place, too...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have FINALLY cleared the damn thing... having Lvl 40 Lilina with Green Tomebreaker helped.

I gon E Speed and D Survival though... But at least now my chances of actually getting unique rewards seem pretty good.

Also is there a point to include a healer into Anti-Veronica team? Or should I replace them with Azura instead? (i really need to train Azura)

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

So, assuming I'm perfect, have an actual backup team and 40% Bonus Characters, I should be getting around 700 per trial.

Realistically, this is over the fith time I'm struggling to make it through half of it. It's kind of stressful when you're trying to avoid them taking damage in the first place, too...

You don't need to avoid letting your characters take damage if you have a healer.

4 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

I have FINALLY cleared the damn thing... having Lvl 40 Lilina with Green Tomebreaker helped.

I gon E Speed and D Survival though... But at least now my chances of actually getting unique rewards seem pretty good.

Also is there a point to include a healer into Anti-Veronica team? Or should I replace them with Azura instead? (i really need to train Azura)

If you bring in a team just for the Veronica battle, it's like any other single-map battle: healers aren't necessary and aren't even particularly good, while dancers are a far better support unit type.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

You don't need to avoid letting your characters take damage if you have a healer.

I didn't train one, but I take it you're not supposed to be letting them get hit in the first place. With that said, I have a lvl.25 Lucius around there.

Maybe that'll be my solution to Masochist Mode.

31 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Well if you want the perfect 705, the backup team can't see the light of day.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

I didn't train one, but I take it you're not supposed to be letting them get hit in the first place. With that said, I have a lvl.25 Lucius around there.

Maybe that'll be my solution to Masochist Mode.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not supposed to be letting them get hit in the first place". You don't want to let your characters take more damage than they can handle. In a single battle, you can take plenty of damage and still be fine at the end. In a 7-battle chain, you can't be taking much damage per battle if you're not healing, but if you're healing, you're fine taking lots of damage because you're often able to heal it all off.

A level 25 healer isn't as sturdy as a level 40 one, but if he has a decent healing skill, he should do fine.

34 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

You shouldn't be using a backup team at all if you want 700 per trial. The highest you can hit if you do the highest level of Lunatic with a 40% bonus character and an A rank in speed is 676 if your first team dies. It's 705 if you clear with only one team. 

Also you don't really need to avoid taking damage. As a matter of fact, Desperation mages want to take damage and be at low health throughout the entire run. 

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ugh... Tempest Trials has made fighting anything other than Horse Emblem or Flier Emblem teams in Arena trivial, I'm so used to stupid stat increases and sets...

The difference between the tempest trials and the arena is that while the Tempest trials have stupid boosts... Arena teams in the higher levels move together (most of the time).

And their skills have more synergy.

Unless you're unlucky and run into a +All Death Blow 3 Rein in said tempest trials.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The difference between the tempest trials and the arena is that while the Tempest trials have stupid boosts... Arena teams in the higher levels move together (most of the time).

And their skills have more synergy.

Unless you're unlucky and run into a +All Death Blow 3 Rein in said tempest trials.

True true, but at least in Arena everything is predictable to a degree. There is no telling what stupid boosts TT enemies will have, and in comparison Arena enemies I can glance at and know how to wipe them down. Hell, even Vantage Takumi being boosted I was able to find an effective way to take down without losing crucial units to finish off the rest of the enemies team. I've had to set up my units to survive attacks in TT so often I just do it subconsciously.

hoooly shit, having Healers makes an actual difference. To think I was going to tear my head off trying to marathon that thing.

fuck

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well if you want the perfect 705, the backup team can't see the light of day.

Ironically, I made it to the last stage on my first try.

And that was about it, until now.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "not supposed to be letting them get hit in the first place". You don't want to let your characters take more damage than they can handle. In a single battle, you can take plenty of damage and still be fine at the end. In a 7-battle chain, you can't be taking much damage per battle if you're not healing, but if you're healing, you're fine taking lots of damage because you're often able to heal it all off.

A level 25 healer isn't as sturdy as a level 40 one, but if he has a decent healing skill, he should do fine.

It's pretty much as I said. Traditionally, healers should be protected more often, so it's not like being weaker will hinder his ability to actually do his job. So far, he's been stellar. Packed him a Pain, Imbue and a Reconcile. Wanted to try to get an Hone Atk in there, but I didn't have that much.

last chapter.jpg

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

True true, but at least in Arena everything is predictable to a degree. There is no telling what stupid boosts TT enemies will have, and in comparison Arena enemies I can glance at and know how to wipe them down. Hell, even Vantage Takumi being boosted I was able to find an effective way to take down without losing crucial units to finish off the rest of the enemies team. I've had to set up my units to survive attacks in TT so often I just do it subconsciously.

I have to admit the same. After TT, Arena is pretty breezy unless the enemy team just hard counters your own. TT has sharpened my gameplay considerably.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

It's pretty much as I said. Traditionally, healers should be protected more often, so it's not like being weaker will hinder his ability to actually do his job. So far, he's been stellar. Packed him a Pain, Imbue and a Reconcile. Wanted to try to get an Hone Atk in there, but I didn't have that much.

Use Rehabilitate and never ask for anything else again. Seriously. It's that good.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Use Rehabilitate and never ask for anything else again. Seriously. It's that good.

Rehabilitate is inferior to Recover in my team composition because my units are rarely under 50% health.

4 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Why does using Healers suddenly make it Kindergarten mode.

If you already had a solid 3-unit core and your only problem was sustain, then adding a healer is the fix to your team's most notable issue.

An alternative to the healer that I use and find generally reliable enough is TA + Breath of Life seal (or someone having that skill) + Ardent Sacrifice on your Blade Desperation user

like I run TA3 Swordbreaker Robin and I even swapped Ryoma over to using TA and it works wonders like, if I get a bunch of greens on floor 7 I just lol and toss Ryoma in the middle of the room and everything dies on him

Although if you do misplay and die A speed B survival is still 676. Occasionally shit happens but I got horse emblem vs 7th floor down to a science.

Edited by Thor Odinson

21 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

hoooly shit, having Healers makes an actual difference. To think I was going to tear my head off trying to marathon that thing.

fuck

Julia with Breath of Life 3 + Seal = 10HP.

Lucina with Reciprocal Aid and Falchion.

That's Belinda's account.

As for mine:

Linda/Linde with Aura, Breath of Life 3, and Seal = 15 HP

Masked Marth with Falchion and Renewal 3 and Reciprocal Aid.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rehabilitate is inferior to Recover in my team composition because my units are rarely under 50% health.

If you already had a solid 3-unit core and your only problem was sustain, then adding a healer is the fix to your team's most notable issue.

Since some other people here may lack damage mitigation through Adept or merges, Rehabilitate is still a pretty safe recommendation. I'm not saying Recover is bad, at all.

The 50% requirement does clash with my Lucina's Falchion sometimes if she keeps recovering above the threshold at the start of every map, to be fair.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Since most other people here lack damage mitigation through Adept or merges, Rehabilitate is still a pretty safe recommendation. I'm not saying Recover is bad, at all.

The 50% requirement does clash with my Lucina's Falchion sometimes if she keeps recovering above the threshold at the start of every map, to be fair.

It's actually rather disappointing when I want to pass Lucina's low HP to Ninian for Escape Route only to be thwarted by Falchion's healing.

Or Ninian activates Aether.

50 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Why does using Healers suddenly make it Kindergarten mode.

Are you getting good speed scores as well?

I literally have no idea what are those.

Also, I literally tried over 20 times and I'm still losing. Maybe I should actually sleep and weigh my options when I can think straight. :awesome:

Bride Lyn (+Spd/-Res; +1 merge):

Candlelight

Rehabilitate

Miracle

HP +5, Dazzling Staff 3, Hone Atk 3, HP +3 seal

Resulting stats: 48/35/38/23/21

Role: healer; bait; combat support unit

While her main job is healing her allies, she can easily be used as a bait unit (Veronica as well as Felicia, Niles, and sometimes Olwen in the later maps are enemy units she commonly baits). Candlelight shuts down their ability to counterattack, which often allows Tharja and Reinhardt to safely score KOs on high-Res and high-damage units. For the case of Veronica, Veronica would hurt herself thanks to Fury 3 bleed damage in addition to the chip damage coming from Lyn's Candlelight (3 x 2 from Lyn), which would allow even a penalized Tharja to safely KO Veronica. Miracle allows Bride Lyn to live a bit longer and allows her to survive auto-doubling weapons like Dire Thunder; the 6-cooldown count can easily be ticked off by having her attack something before one of the other units scores the kill or having her heal a damaged ally.

If she had to bait an enemy unit before Veronica's map, her lost HP would usually be recovered by Tharja's Ardent Sacrifice. Olivia's Dance can make this process a bit quicker. Lyn then heals Tharja in return.