Might Legion be the next grand hero battle?

Michelaar

So, in the new trailer, I saw this:

Could Legion be the next grand hero battle? And if so, when might that be? What would the map be like? 

I can most certainly guarantee Legion being used as a playable character unlocked from a Grand Hero Battle. However, I do wonder if the developers altered his class. Such is simply unlikely and he will likely be inaugurated as an axe-wielding unit. If he is to be released as a character to summon, he would certainly be added alongside the rest of the characters in the latest summoning focus, no?

Now I must agree with Roflolxp, the challenge may likely include a large amount of Green Axe enemies. Pray you possess competent Red allies. As for the clones... such a concept would be amusing, though dreadfully unlikely. After all, I do believe a Hammer would be converted into an Axe. If such is true, then I say, this Grand Hero Battle will be unspeakably easy to complete!

Edited by Clarine

32 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Could Legion be the next grand hero battle? And if so, when might that be? What would the map be like? 

Four Legions, continuously respawning. Uwee hee hee hee!

23 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I would laugh if his map were to be nothing but him and his clones... or him and loads of axe infantry units.

I could probably solo that with TA Roy

4 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

That would be the best thing ever.

If I may add, then you may even form your own legion of Legion to complete the Legion quest of defeating Legion with Legion.

3 minutes ago, Clarine said:

If I may add, then you may even form your own legion of Legion to complete the Legion quest of defeating Legion with Legion.

This is my dream team of dreams.

7 minutes ago, Clarine said:

Legionception. 

35 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I could probably solo that with TA Roy

Despite the large numbers of Legion on his map, in New Mystery, Triangle Advantages matters little to the actual damage that you can deal, so... it is indeed difficult.

But in Heroes, a single vanilla Roy and he will go circles around Legion's army of Legions like those one man army moments in action movies XD

Edited by Lyrai

I'm going to let Olivia loose on Legion's map, should it be nothing but him and his clones.  With her trusty Ruby Sword, I don't forsee too many problems.

He's definitely got to be in there somewhere, you can sort of make out an overworld model for him on the right side behind his arm. If not GHB, he's definitely in the focus. His voice lines are sure to be interesting. :D

1 minute ago, Parallax19 said:

He's definitely got to be in there somewhere, you can sort of make out an overworld model for him on the right side behind his arm. If not GHB, he's definitely in the focus. His voice lines are sure to be interesting. :D

He's not in the focus; they already listed off the four characters who are. He'd make sense for a GHB character, although that doesn't necessarily mean he's the next one.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

He's not in the focus; they already listed off the four characters who are. He'd make sense for a GHB character, although that doesn't necessarily mean he's the next one.

Right! My mistake, they even showed the icon for the banner at the end of the trailer. Sorry! ^^;

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Assuming he is indeed the next GHB focus... Do you think we would still get the battling banner? Because if so, we will have 4 banner active . 

It wouldn't be the first time having four simultaneous banners. During the first Voting Gauntlet, we had two banners for that (one for princes, one for princesses) at the same time as the Battling Ursula banner and a regular banner. Plus, they could just hold off on the next GHB (Legion or otherwise) until after the Tempest Trials event ends on the 22nd. It'd still fit the "second June GHB" schedule.

Edited by Othin

Given the snow, I take it that this map is supposed to be a reference to chapter 13x of FE12. Which is weird since you already killed the main Legion back in chapter 10x while chapter 13x is where you kill Clarisse.

10 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

wait, so the GHB is both? 

There are separate maps for each of them.

Assuming the dataminers are correct...

Legion's axe applies Panic effect.

Clarisse has the bow version of female Corrin's Dark Breath.

Both of their weapons can be passed down via inheritance.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Apparently they're just called "Legion's Axe" and "Clarisse's Bow", despite being inheritable and having the same two "regular/plus" versions as other inheritable weapons. Wonder if we're going to keep getting more weapons with that naming structure. I'm assuming they'll show up on random enemies in the Training Tower, which will be funny.

Now that we're getting two other ways of inflicting the Panic effect and we're finally getting Swift Sparrow on a non-seasonal character, I wonder how long it'll take for us to get another way of inflicting the Candlestick's no-counter status. And another ranged attacking flier, for that matter.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Apparently they're just called "Legion's Axe" and "Clarisse's Bow", despite being inheritable and having the same two "regular/plus" versions as other inheritable weapons. Wonder if we're going to keep getting more weapons with that naming structure. I'm assuming they'll show up on random enemies in the Training Tower, which will be funny.

It's similar to the naming conventions seen in Binding Blade (ie. Al's Sword) and in more recent FE games like New Mystery of the Emblem (ie. Ogma's Sword), Awakening (ie. Celica's Gale), Fates (ie. Kagero's Dart), and Echoes (ie. Clive's Lance)