Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Basically no Caster whose focus is on doing damage is considered good unless they have some other utility like Medea's buff removal (with maybe the exception of post-SQ Xuanzang I think?).  Support Casters, though, are considered excellent, with Tamamo, Zhuge Liang/Waver, and Merlin considered top tier.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless the half AP on daily quests. I need so much EXP for my Servants, it would have been a bit ridicilous otherwise. Especially Scathach and Tamamo will require a lot of EXP cards due to them being SSR.
However, I'm blocked from the final Ascension on most of my roster because I need an obscene amount of Void's Dust, Dragon Fangs and Octuplet Crystals that I first have to farm (after Robin's and Leonidas' 3rd Ascension I have 0 of all 3. I also realized that I don't have enough Hearts. David, Fergus, Medea, Emiya, Scathach and Tamamo need a copious amount of them and I only have 8 left.

2 hours ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I love how this happens after I traded to get her

oJvslQJ.jpg

Fuck it, NP 5 here I come.

Well, it seems like she recognized you as worthy of her.
Out of curiosity what did you have on your old account?

@MrSmokestack
Obviously availability shouldn'te be considered but costing Saint Quartz is a big deal in FGO which I consider a big critiera for a F2P list. That's why I'm hesistant to include Story-locked Servants.
I guess I will add Caster Cu and other story-locked Gift Servants to the list, when they appear in time. But I won't do it for Caster Gilles because he is impossible to get without spending Tickets or Saint Quartz.

3 hours ago, Skurge said:

welp that sounds almost as stupid as Saber!Gilles.

You know whats funny about Saber!Gilles

The current undisputed(arguably) best 3* servant is literally just Lancer version of Saber!Gilles

Also question why is Scathatch considered a Quick Servant when her playstyle literally revolves around avoiding her Quick Card as much as possible

21 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Well, it seems like she recognized you as worthy of her.

It seems it was a test of dedication, which I'm far from complaining about. My luck is the weirdest fucking thing tho;

300 Quartz and 34 Tickets? No Tamamo
30 for Okita? Easy
30 for Scathach? Nothing
Trade for Scathach? Nice, now you can pull her twice on a single tenner.

Truly, the gacha is a fickle beast.

23 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Out of curiosity what did you have on your old account?

Jeannu (90)
Okita (80, but max ascended)
Waver (80)
Carmilla (80)
Caster Liz (80)
Nobu (1, but I had all the mats)

Objectively speaking, it was ten times better than the one I have now, but I play this game for characters I love and the only character I love as much as Scathach is Atalanta, so easy decision.

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also question why is Scathatch considered a Quick Servant when her playstyle literally revolves around avoiding her Quick Card as much as possible

Because her NP is quick?

More seriously, I imagine it was a thematic choice cause Cu is a Quick Servant and she was Cu's teacher. Besides, it's not like you avoid Quick Cards; QBBEX chain easily produces 22-ish stars, not to mention that her second skill means it's best to go for NPQQEX chains rather than NPBBEX chains.

Also, her Quick Cards are useful for NP gain. QBBEX is best for Star-Gen, but AQQEX is best for NP gen. Her Quick Cards aren't that great outside of NP chains, but they combo really well with her other cards, which you can't say for a lot of units.

1 minute ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

More seriously, I imagine it was a thematic choice cause Cu is a Quick Servant and she was Cu's teacher. Besides, it's not like you avoid Quick Cards; QBBEX chain easily produces 22-ish stars, not to mention that her second skill means it's best to go for NPQQEX chains rather than NPBBEX chains.

Also, her Quick Cards are useful for NP gain. QBBEX is best for Star-Gen, but AQQEX is best for NP gen. Her Quick Cards aren't that great outside of NP chains, but they combo really well with her other cards, which you can't say for a lot of units.

Isn't her best NP gaining chain ABBEX?

In which case, fair enough. She's one of few servant in this game that is legit stupidly hard to get an info of

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Isn't her best NP gaining chain ABBEX?

In which case, fair enough. She's one of few servant in this game that is legit stupidly hard to get an info of

Well I can't say I've been paying any particular attention, but I'm pretty sure AQQEX is better than ABBEX. I just finished my Tempest Trial runs for the day, so I'll go check.

As a rule of thumb, both her NP gen and Star gen are pretty good, but hamstrung by the fact that she needs EX chains or Crits to do either particularly well.

Edited by Phillius the Crestfallen

Uh, you're forgetting Hit counts in that. ABB Chain has 22 hits which are boosted by the Arts effect.
Pretty sure that has to be higher than or at least similar to AQQ since her Quick card only has 2 hits in comparision, bringing it down to meager 14 hits.

11 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Uh, you're forgetting Hit counts in that. ABB Chain has 22 hits which are boosted by the Arts effect.
Pretty sure that has to be higher than or at least similar to AQQ since her Quick card only has 2 hits in comparision, bringing it down to meager 14 hits.

Buster Cards have an inherently shit NP gen though
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Command_Cards#Card_Order_Stats

EDIT: Gave it a go in game; following an Arts card up with a Buster gave me 3% NP gain on the Buster card, so yeah, I'm 99% sure AQQEX is the way to go.

EDIT 2: Further testing confirms to me that AQQEX is better, but only negligibly, so either or I guess.

Starting with Arts gives every other card a 100% increase in NP gain though. Even with Buster having a 0% base with 6 Hits you gain 6% each.
Quick on the other hand has 150% and 200% in the 2nd and 3rd slot but only have 2 Hits. Pretty sure that only the final Quick reaches the same NP gain (300% *2 Hits).
... obviously I don't know how high Scathach's initiate NP gain is but since it applies to both scenarios it shouldn't matter that much.

46 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Starting with Arts gives every other card a 100% increase in NP gain though. Even with Buster having a 0% base with 6 Hits you gain 6% each.
Quick on the other hand has 150% and 200% in the 2nd and 3rd slot but only have 2 Hits. Pretty sure that only the final Quick reaches the same NP gain (300% *2 Hits).
... obviously I don't know how high Scathach's initiate NP gain is but since it applies to both scenarios it shouldn't matter that much.

I dunno, I'm too tired to try and work this shit out. The impression I get from my half-arsed attempt to math it out would indicate that I stand corrected (sorry lads), but eh...

EDIT: I decided to just try and test it in game for what it's worth, I got two ABBEXs and one AQQEX with no crits or buffs; the ABBEXs were 41% and 37%, while the AQQEX was 43%. So it seems like there's a variance, but AQQEX looks better right now. Anyone else who has Scathach wanna contribute?

My numbers without Brave Chain (Arts Card from David):
BB: 12%/12%/12%/12%
QQ: 10%/12%/9%/13%

I find this more accurate since Brave Chain and her own Arts card add some variance due to her own NP gain.
Based on this, Buster is consistent (which makes sense since Buster cards aren't affected by personal NP gain and only generate NP if you start with Arts) while Quick has some variance that might be higher but can be lower as well.

Saber Lily’s kit is actually pretty decent, however if it weren’t for the gold border you would confuse her for a 3* unit because of how atrocious her stat caps are.

She will get access to NP5 during Saber Wars, but even that isn’t enough to make her good for grinding when Saber Alter, Fergus, and even Siegfried of all people exist. She has no niche and her unique 3rd skill is identical to Ushiwakamaru’s Tengu’s Strategy, which in turn is worse than Nobu’s Strategy.

2 hours ago, Skurge said:

I've read that Saber Lily is kinda crappy, can anyone enlighten me on this? 

Her main problem is really that she's a 3* with 4* border. This not only makes her "bad' compared to 4*, she's also unsalvageable with grail(she can only get 20 level to standard 30) she's also costly to upgrade

her kit of standard '30% Mana Burst + AOE NP" actually make her decent for farming assuming she's actually raised up

I've got 35 gold rider exp cards. Will  this be enough to get the xmas welfare servant to a usable level off the bat?

hmn Alexander is at np5. Might continue farming rider exp later to get him pumped up. Though I get the feeling that Santa!Alter is going to be my main rider until we get kintoki rider.

Edited by Skurge

3 minutes ago, Skurge said:

I've got 35 gold rider exp cards. Will  this be enough to get the xmas welfare servant to a usable level off the bat?

Going off of Reddit, apparently 33 Golds will allow Santa Alter to get up to Level 40.

welp, here we gooo.

Welfare Servants make things easy. Now all I gotta do is pump exp cards into nobu when the archer daily comes out. I should be able to max ascend her within a week. Caster Liz too!

Is there a guide on the welfare servants? Like do any of them make later parts of the story easier?

On 11/23/2017 at 3:53 AM, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Well on one hand, the account I traded was objectively ten times better than the one I got and I've lost about 4 months of effort in doing it.

But I acquired ma waifu Shishou, so easily worth.

New FC: 961, 944, 081

I'll add you in a bit.  I really liked your old account, because Waver has his uses~!

So, results from the last event:

- Missed both Crystallized Lores
- Left 4 crystals in the shop
- Hans/George were promoted
- As was Martha and Siegfried (he was damn useful on the lancer node - even Balmung's meh damage was enough to nuke the mooks)
- And a few other people

I'm waiting until the 29th to pull.  That's because I want Gilgamesh and Kintoki.  Lancer girl would be a nice surprise, but I'm not aiming for her.

@Skurge This would probably be how I'd rate them:

Spoiler

S
Ryougi Shiki (Assassin)
Sakata Kintoki (Rider)
Chloe von Einzbern
B B
Oda Nobunaga
Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) (Santa Lily) (Lancer)
Mecha Eli-Chan

A
Elizabeth Bathory (Halloween) (Caster)
Chacha
Ishtar (Rider)
Elizabeth Bathory (Brave) (Saber)
Scathatch (Assassin)

B
Altria Pendragon (Santa Alter)
Irisviel (Dress of Heaven)
Paul Bunyan

C
Altria Pendragon (Lily)

Storywise the most notable ones for hard content are Chloe, Rider Kintoki, Assassin Shiki, and B B. The first three are incredible damage servants while B B offers generic support and a niche vs Avengers.

Regardless, they are all perfectly useable and there's no reason to miss any of them. Except Lily

Edited by MrSmokestack

36 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hide contents

S
Ryougi Shiki (Assassin)
Sakata Kintoki (Rider)
Chloe von Einzbern
B B
Mecha Eli-Chan

A
Chacha
Ishtar (Rider)
Oda Nobunaga

B
Scathatch (Assassin)
Paul Bunyan

C
Altria Pendragon (Lily)

Storywise the most notable ones for hard content are Chloe, Rider Kintoki, Assassin Shiki, and B B. The first three are incredible damage servants while B B offers generic support and a niche vs Avengers.

Regardless, they are all perfectly useable and there's no reason to miss any of them. Except Lily

Why does JASL and Salter have 2 tier separation when they are near identical lol

I'd argue Bathory Saber should switch place with Nobu. Bathory Saber is for all intent and purpose STSaber with self invinc and Mana Burst. I think its worse overall than Nobu's essentially STNP with crit unload

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hide contents

S
Ryougi Shiki (Assassin)
Sakata Kintoki (Rider)
Chloe von Einzbern
B B
Mecha Eli-Chan

A
Chacha
Ishtar (Rider)
Oda Nobunaga

B
Scathatch (Assassin)
Paul Bunyan

C
Altria Pendragon (Lily)

seems that Ryougi  Shiki will be the one assassin to serve all possible needs.

is it a good idea to mld the gudaguda ce? i might keep it for the event rerun.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Why does JASL and Salter have 2 tier separation when they are near identical lol

I'd argue Bathory Saber should switch place with Nobu. Bathory Saber is for all intent and purpose STSaber with self invinc and Mana Burst. I think its worse overall than Nobu's essentially STNP with crit unload

Jailter has a ridiculous steroid for her NP to go with Lancer stat boost while Salter is literally just Rider Alter when Ishtar supports the team better.

Good note on Brave Liz and Nobu though.

6 minutes ago, Skurge said:

seems that Ryougi  Shiki will be the one assassin to serve all possible needs.

is it a good idea to mld the gudaguda ce? i might keep it for the event rerun.

Shiki is unique in that she's an Arts assassin with BAAQQ with Arts NP, so she'd pair really well with casters like Tamamo who can roid her NP. She also has her own Arts steroid for even more damage.

It's not a great CE but no reason not to max it if you have all the copies.