Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

36 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

arguably best scaling of 3* in general

If grailed to L90(calculated with me taking L100 grailed stats in the wiki, so it doesn't count in Fou +1000 to make up for harder access to L90 info) hes the only R servant in the game who can compete with SSR at their NP5 status besides Robin Hood(60.000 base NP damage at L90 with NO BUFF WHATSOEVER is so batshit it slightly beats Jalter + Sca). Around as powerful as Enkidu who currently is the strongest of Three Knight Class pre-interlude servant as a standalone, and almost as strong as Kintoki Rider. Compared to extra class, he's about on par with NP2 Jalter(who to be fair only have 1 rival for Base statistics: Scathtatch) and NP5 Abigail

This is on top of neat stuff like defensive buff on a Berserker, and him being a crit zerker

no wonder he's considered one of the best 3*.

I might grail him if I don't get Herc within the next 6 months.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berserkers in general scale really well with grails. The raw stats gained from grailing them makes a huge difference in their usual survivability

That is ignoring the fact that Lu Bu’s survivability even with his second skill maxed isn’t all that good compared to the servants JNSD compared him to. He’s a NP Nuke like Robin Hood but without Robin’s really fucking good evade.

Also, Rider!Kintoki can and will Loop his NP very very easily. Lu Bu nor a lot of other servants can pull that off without assistance (whether it be from death CEs that grant NP or support skills.)

6 minutes ago, N30 said:

Berserkers in general scale really well with grails. The raw stats gained from grailing them makes a huge difference in their usual survivability

That is ignoring the fact that Lu Bu’s survivability even with his second skill maxed isn’t all that good compared to the servants JNSD compared him to. He’s a NP Nuke like Robin Hood but without Robin’s really fucking good evade.

Also, Rider!Kintoki can and will Loop his NP very very easily. Lu Bu nor a lot of other servants can pull that off without assistance (whether it be from death CEs that grant NP or support skills.)

Yeah he definitely need like 9000 support to really be good compared to more straightforward servants

Theres also obvious downsides like being a 2/2/1/3 servant when you could have Ibaraki with 4/2//1/5

yadda yadda turns out I still got stheno and medea lily's interludes to do for bond exp/SQ.

finished Lu Bu and Alexander's Squests, abused Mr Smokestack's Jalter, and blew the living fuck out of Bicorns in Alexander's quest with Rama.

Turns out stacking two buster mana bursts with nightingale+anniversary blond+charisma stacking with jalter/rama+star drop from code, and NP brave chaining on the horsey will kill it.

and it kills the bicorn.

fuck those things, but fuck Soul Eaters even more.

after the next assassin exp daily, I should be able to do the jing ke Squest in one go. Kinda wish her skills were a little stronger tho.

Stheno's third skill is going to make the Ibaraki event rerun hilarious as fuck.

+charisma for divine servants is stupid since so many get that trait, like fucking Caesar.

I'd be legit laughing if someone had Jalter's damage potential for STNPs+ the divinity trait+female so Liz's charisma could stack.

how well does Angra scale when grailed to 100?

Edited by Czarpy

On 5/10/2018 at 2:04 PM, Czarpy said:

Have fun with your Caster Marie that spooks you.

Joke’s on you I like Marie

On 5/10/2018 at 2:04 PM, Czarpy said:

how can you pass on MAMA. 

Jeanne Alter is all I need.

Angra still sucks when grailed. His only good buff makes him kill himself until almost two years later. Atk Down and Charge Drain are nice but that doesn’t need grails. With some shenanigans his NP can do at most 40k damage. That’s pathetic. That assumes you grail for HP and stack max HP buffs like with CE, Touta and Merlin, but if you come anywhere close to that kind of damage you are probably whale and this doesn’t pertain to you.

He does have a niche for fighting BEAST-class servants but that requires Bond 10.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Joke’s on you I like Marie

Jeanne Alter is all I need.

Angra still sucks when grailed. His only good buff makes him kill himself until almost two years later. Atk Down and Charge Drain are nice but that doesn’t need grails. With some shenanigans his NP can do at most 40k damage. That’s pathetic. That assumes you grail for HP and stack max HP buffs like with CE, Touta and Merlin, but if you come anywhere close to that kind of damage you are probably whale and this doesn’t pertain to you.

He does have a niche for fighting BEAST-class servants but that requires Bond 10.

isn't caster marie basically a shittier Caster Liz but with charisma?

angra needs a hug and a better gimmick.

lol i just saw someone on my frieds list with a grailed medea lily at 90. Just why? (aside from waifu reasons)

I think we might want to pin this in the first post or something, but idk

it's the tier list for f2p.

Edited by Czarpy

3 hours ago, Czarpy said:

isn't caster marie basically a shittier Caster Liz but with charisma?

Marie has a better personality than Liz, and beach volleyball > pumpkins.  Marie gives fewer stars per turn passively on a longer CD, no curse on her NP, and no Mana Burst (I think Liz has higher NP gain, but I'm not sure).  She gains Charisma, increased active Star gen for males, vastly superior survivability, and her NP gives Crit Damage+ and reduces Crit chance for enemies.  Liz's only real support is that she can provide stars passively, Marie has a wider range of support abilities.

It's probably better to compare Marie to Hans than Liz, as Liz is closer to a semi-support than a full support, while Marie is closer to a full support.  You really should look up at least servant abilities instead of just going off of hearsay.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Less than one day until systematic banana bulli begins. I have mixed feelings about this due to being Anti-Bulli

Mata Hari is shaping up to be a dark horse after the next two strengthens, so I’m getting materials ready to level her 2nd and 3rd skills to 10. 60% Def down hype.

43 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Less than one day until systematic banana bulli begins. I have mixed feelings about this due to being Anti-Bulli

Mata Hari is shaping up to be a dark horse after the next two strengthens, so I’m getting materials ready to level her 2nd and 3rd skills to 10. 60% Def down hype.

you specifically saved free quartz for Jeane Alter AND proceeded to get her to lvl 100 with 10/10/10 in skills.

you damn fraud :P: Your Jalter is the PERFECT Oni Bulli.

I keep forgetting that Archer Anne/Mary are on the summer banner. Wonder why.

Hooray for a broken bone in my foot. Is that a suitable catalyst for Nightingale? Because I believe this is my first broken bone I've had since, like forever. She's likely going to amputate my foot off in that case.

Spoiler

Also Septem is a drag.

5 minutes ago, NoahStratos said:

Hooray for a broken bone in my foot. Is that a suitable catalyst for Nightingale? Because I believe this is my first broken bone I've had since, like forever. She's likely going to amputate my foot off in that case.

Hide contents

Also Septem is a drag.

Spoiler

Septem is the worst written singularity.

It's also the one where the devs admitted that they fucked up and shoulda made Romulus a 4*.

I've decided on my event team.

Jack+Rama+Waver frontline and then Tamamo/Mashu/Robin or Shiki for backline.

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, NoahStratos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also Septem is a drag.

As someone who recently broke a foot, and has not actively summoned for her, she hasn't spooked me.  

So I guess not!

Spoiler

Septem made me legit unable to stand Nero.  the excessive shilling was >~>

Why did Waver and Alexander have to be here and not Okeanos whyyyyyyyy

39 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

As someone who recently broke a foot, and has not actively summoned for her, she hasn't spooked me.  

So I guess not!

Reveal hidden contents

Septem made me legit unable to stand Nero.  the excessive shilling was >~>

Why did Waver and Alexander have to be here and not Okeanos whyyyyyyyy

Not sure about those results. It's my first broken bone, so we might have to wait on that. Besides, I'm going all in for both oni in Rashomon.

Spoiler

Only thing of interest of Septem for me was Nero... it is bad for me to like her? Let's leave it vague, though. Don't want to get my groin kicked by Saint Martha.
Also still stuck in that singularity. send help

Edited by NoahStratos
formatting typos are bs

2 minutes ago, NoahStratos said:

Not sure about those results. It's my first broken bone, so we might have to wait on that. Besides, I'm going all in for both oni in Rashomon.

Hide contents

Only thing of interest of Septem for me was Nero... it is bad for me to like her? Let's leave it vague, though. Don't want to get my groin kicked by Saint Martha.

It was my third break, for whatever that's worth.  That said, the previous one happened when I was 7, so...

Spoiler

I haven't played Extra/Extella/etc. so that probably influenced my opinion.  The main reason I dislike her is the Septem singularity since that's the vast majority of my exposure to her character, since Septem shills her pretty excessively.  Will say I love SF!Saber and will totally reserve 5-7 grails and gold fou and skill/ascension mats for him in the 9000 years leading to his release, and I've seen some view him as a bit of an expy of her in some ways.  So it probably is mostly the shilling.

But yeah it's fine to like her.

>Sees someone talking about SF
o3o

Spoiler

The parallels between Richard and Nero are fucking crazy, and I could be here forever if I really wanted to get into that. But, I won't because I just got done with an AP Test and I'm not in the mood for writing a mini essay.

Play Extra and try to find some translations in CCC - Nero's pretty good in both (more in CCC like everyone else in both Extra and CCC)

14 minutes ago, N30 said:

o3o

Hide contents

The parallels between Richard and Nero are fucking crazy, and I could be here forever if I really wanted to get into that. But, I won't because I just got done with an AP Test and I'm not in the mood for writing a mini essay.

Play Extra and try to find some translations in CCC - Nero's pretty good in both (more in CCC like everyone else in both Extra and CCC)

SF is the best, it made me really like Gil.  

Like he was a cool character in Zero (don’t like him much in Stay Night) but SF really sold me on him and now he’s like, top ten lol.

and now there’s the torment of waiting for all the SF servants I want, Saber mostly, but I also want Fake Berserker, True Rider and True Caster a lot...  even though one of those just feeds my “too many riders” problem haha

Would watching a LP of Extra be a suitable substitute?

1 hour ago, NoahStratos said:

Hide contents

Nero is likeable, but Septem is just bad civilization.

25 minutes ago, N30 said:

o3o

Hide contents

I find the difference between my taste on Richard and Nero to be purely sexual.

Imagine the fun if they actually went and

Spoiler

Used the beast version of Nero as a villain.

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Like he was a cool character in Zero (don’t like him much in Stay Night) but SF really sold me on him and now he’s like, top ten lol.

and now there’s the torment of waiting for all the SF servants I want, Saber mostly, but I also want Fake Berserker, True Rider and True Caster a lot...  even though one of those just feeds my “too many riders” problem haha

If you get true rider, then Penthilisea might calm down.

How about watching the Last Encore anime? It's a pretty decent one.

1 hour ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy

Hide contents

Mother Harlot's been in the datamine for 3 years. It's only a matter of time 

Spoiler

Mother Harlot and The Nine Tailed Fox would be heart wrenching transformations of beloved waifus.

Like imagine Nero undergoing a forced transformation into a beast class andweg

Decided to start a side-fgo account for funsies. Picked siegfried as a starter and got like 3 copies of verdant sound of destruction, 2 copies of be elegant, and one knights dignity. Ushi also came in that starter roll. FP gacha gave mozart/asterios/spartacus/kojirou.

Turns out that a sufficiently levelled Asterios is retardedly good for beginner levels. Like, he OHKOs everything bar Emiya/Salter/Caster Cu with mystic code attack buff+Monstrous strength+verdant sound of destruction.

i intended to just have sumanai fuck them all up, but then it turned into the Asterios rodeo lol. I might just keep this account for sidebar funtimes and challenge quests that don't involve cheesing everything in the game with tamamo+arts dps+arts meme team member.

like, I might consider grailing asterios in my regular account, but he's wonky.

-Arts NP, but buster deck
-Buster card boosting skill

-Quick card buffing bond ce.

like wtf.

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

An LP of Extra and/or CCC probably works, though that might depend on how much you like the LP'er, as their reactions will inevitably color your perception of events.

Nero's more or less fine in Last Encore as well IMO, despite the number of people angry that Nero was the servant used for LE over Tamamo.  I really don't recommend LE as your first exposure to Extra though.  It's fairly confusing even if you're familiar with Extra, because Nasu wanted LE to be it's own story, rather than an adaptation of Extra (IIRC).  I can only imagine how confusing it would be if you went into it knowing very little about Extra.  It's also not complete yet, as I think the last episodes don't come out until summer.

Quick abuse?  Did someone say "bring MHX along"?  Will probably rotate things based on servant classes.  Anne and Mary might see some use!

. . .or I can have Lancelot lurk somewhere, and have him eat all the crit stars. :P:

Yeah, don't use Last Encore as your starting point into EXTRA.

Spoiler

Because it's a sequel (kind of)

I'm actually replaying EXTRA right now (with Tamamo as my Servant because obvs <3).  It generally seems to be the case that people whose only exposure to Nero is via FGO don't like her whereas people who played EXTRA do like her.  EXTRA shows off her more endearing side, and she's a big source of comic relief (and also broken, gameplay-wise).

Threw the six free quartz into the Shuten Douji gacha and got spooked by Kerrytugu.  Oh well.  At least he's A) A Servant I don't already have and B) Not Stheno

Just started the event.  Will need to do things slowly, then have MHX munch on all the crit stars.

Kinda mad that the hands are archers.  My lancers aren't crit machines!

My first 8 BPs were only used for the 2 BP Fights (imo 3 BP requires JAlter if you don't have Event CEs).

1st (15 rounds endured):

Spoiler

Scathach with Halloween Princess
Hans with Prisma Cosmos
Support Waver with 3* Drop CE
Gilgamesh with Victor of the Moon
Mash with Kaleidoscope
Cu with 3* Drop CE

Not really impressed tbh. My fears came true that Scathach subpar NP gain limits her ability to spam hers enough to kill Ibaraki fast enough and her NP only took away ~1/4 of her HP. Critted away the hands pretty quickly though. Couldn't get Gilgamesh out there to kill the hands either since I had to swap Hans out for Mash to tank Ibaraki's NP. Hans somehow survived.

2nd onwards (Ibaraki killed)

Spoiler

Tamamo with Prisma Cosmos
Shiki with Black Grail
Support Waver with 3* Drop CE
Robin Hood with Halloween Princess
Mash with Kaleidoscope
Cu with 3* Drop CE

This was far better. Shiki with Black Grail and buffs took away nearly half of Ibaraki's HP which is really good without the Event CE. Plus her NP gain is superb which allowed me to use her NP on the hands to get those drops.
I'm not sure if Robin Hood is that good as back-up since his damage output outside his NP sucks. I might swap in Vlad once I get him to Lvl 90 as he is much more proficient dealing with the Hands (higher stats, Berserker, NP drain).

got spooked by 3* assassins like 6 times in a row.

down to 30 sq.

Gonna build up the free reserve in the meantime. Got that one +25 damage against humanoids CE so it wasn't a total waste.

Done with the first act's quests. Giving Shiki the teacher and I CE was ridiculous.

lol fucking kintoki guest unit is weaksauce.

Edited by Czarpy