New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I dunno about them. Reason being is that them meeting Corrin is unique, since they have second gen copies, and Rhajat's got a thing for Corrin.

As I've said many times before, the copies are not them. Granted the fact that they look alike could come up (in real life someone recently mentioned how I apparently had a doppelganger so it can happen) .

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about them. Reason being is that them meeting Corrin is unique, since they have second gen copies, and Rhajat's got a thing for Corrin.

Tharja is way way way way way way more popular than Rhajat, shes more likely to get a costume based on her than Rhajat getting into the game 

Same for Cordy & Caedori. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

As I've said many times before, the copies are not them. Granted the fact that they look alike could come up (in real life someone recently mentioned how I apparently had a doppelganger so it can happen) .

Just now, Jedi said:

Tharja is way way way way way way more popular than Rhajat, shes more likely to get a costume based on her than Rhajat getting into the game 

Same for Cordy & Caedori. 

Trust me, I don't accept the copies as them either. However, it's not completely impossible to consider they won't be allowed. However, given their popularity, its not impossible for them to exist.

OH! Speaking of popularity, BRING MINERVA! I swear, Minerva better be coming from the Shadow Dragon side. 

48 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Niles and Oboro face competition from Takumi and Azura respectively. They're both foot archers and lances.

While I know the royals have a good chance of being revealed first just by them being major characters, Oboro is literally more popular than Azura; in fact, the only female characters from Fates who are more popular are Camilla and Corrin.  And while Niles may be less popular than Takumi, he's about as popular as Ryoma (who I think is more popular than the sisters outside of Camilla), and so far we've had no archers revealed.  If I go by what you said and the only archers are Takumi, Sakura, and probably whatever we get from Archanea, that's only three archers total, so sneaking in another one wouldn't be too unheard of, especially if they made him a bow knight.

Regardless, this is verging into a discussion about who we think will get in the game, and there are better places for that.

8 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'm out. Done. Don't care anymore.

Were you still even in before this trailer showed?

Just now, Quintessence said:

Thinking about more Awakening units I think Virion, Lon'qu, Tharja and Tiki should all be included as well :D

I think Tiki will be from Shadow Dragon side. So I don't think that young and older Tiki will ever meet.

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

While I know the royals have a good chance of being revealed first just by them being major characters, Oboro is literally more popular than Azura; in fact, the only female characters from Fates who are more popular are Camilla and Corrin.  And while Niles may be less popular than Takumi, he's about as popular as Ryoma (who I think is more popular than the sisters outside of Camilla), and so far we've had no archers revealed.  If I go by what you said and the only archers are Takumi, Sakura, and probably whatever we get from Archanea, that's only three archers total, so sneaking in another one wouldn't be too unheard of, especially if they made him a bow knight.

Regardless, this is verging into a discussion about who we think will get in the game, and there are better places for that.

Were you still even in before this trailer showed?

You have a point.

I found it kind of odd seeing Frederick with a bronze axe. I know it's what most non-sacred weapon users will probably start with, but it's still odd.

Nice trailer. Happy with all of these choices, and hope I can break through doors with Lissa ("Heeeeere's Lissa!"). 

Really doubt this is the end of Awakening, though. I stand by my prediction that Tharja will be in. I'll also add Cordelia, Gaius and Virion as possible candidates. 

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Even if Oboro is more popular, Azura is the more driven character in the story. And Takumi being Conquest's final boss means that there's a high chance he'll be in the game more likely. Hell, could even have it that Takumi gets mind controlled by the evil dragon JUST to reference how that happens in the main game. 

Even if Oboro is more popular, Azura is the more driven character in the story. And Takumi being Conquest's final boss means that there's a high chance he'll be in the game more likely. Hell, could even have it that Takumi gets mind controlled by the evil dragon JUST to reference how that happens in the main game. 

I literally said at the beginning that I think the royals all have a good chance of being in simply because of their plot relevance.  I wasn't trying to suggest that I think neither would get in.  I'd have to be quite delusional to believe that.

I was purely talking from a popularity/character uniqueness standpoint.  More trying to correct the statement earlier that "none of the retainers are all that popular outside of Felicia and Kaze" and debating the notion that the two retainers in question have to compete with Azura and Takumi means they have no chance in hell of getting a spot on the roster.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Nice trailer. Happy with all of these choices, and hope I can break through doors with Lissa ("Heeeeere's Lissa!").

Get me the meme generator, fellas

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw Frederick, I knew somebody would be excited : P

It's kind of bad that, we as a community, associate a character with a specific member of the community. Not that it's their fault, but we kind of create an echo chamber of discussion when character interpretations outside of the person who ends up being the "authority" gets the loudest voice.

This includes shameful hindsight on my part from FEU as well.

I'm just hyped at the character intros and slightly disappointed that a few months before release in Japan, that we really only have E3 footage.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Loving Lissa with the axe, and with Heroes doing the same, I guess Frederick is now an axe guy. For those of us who started with Awakening and his Silver Lance, that'll take some getting used to.

Can't say I'm too fond of the voice acting; it sounds stale and a bit unemotional. I also think the characters look a bit stiff and like they're covered in plastic.

Aw Yeah! Axe Lissa! Nice nice nice!

Other than that. I assume we will see similar trailer for Archanea and Fates in the next day wich is great.

I enjoyed it right up untill Chrom went on about the "power of friendship"

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's kind of bad that, we as a community, associate a character with a specific member of the community. Not that it's their fault, but we kind of create an echo chamber of discussion when character interpretations outside of the person who ends up being the "authority" gets the loudest voice.

well that person is really only known around here

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I noticed that Robin seemed to be giving orders when that soldier attacked him. Nice touch. Maybe we'll get to see him be the group's main tactician. 

In my opinion, Robin is Fire Emblem's best tactician. Marth is Fire Emblem's best leader. Ike is Fire Emblem's (arguably) strongest warrior. 

19 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Even if Oboro is more popular, Azura is the more driven character in the story. 

Really does matter too much in a Warriors spin off, if so Twilight Princess would have only gotten 2 characters since Agitha has almost no importance in the story and someone like Groose would have been in the game. 

Edited by Fireball260

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I noticed that Robin seemed to be giving orders when that soldier attacked him. Nice touch. Maybe we'll get to see him be the group's main tactician. 

Could be likely. Being a tactician and strategist is his schtick.

22 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

OH! Speaking of popularity, BRING MINERVA! I swear, Minerva better be coming from the Shadow Dragon side. 

I actually have some doubts on this one. I can think for at least two reason why Camilla is guaranteed to be in the game. If she really is getting in then another wyvren flying, axe wielding princess may find herself obsolete from a gameplay perspective. Granted, Camilla is different in that she can use magic but that's just a point in her favor, it means she can bring every moveset potential Minerva has but with magic to spice it up even more. 

As such I don't think Minerva has a high chance. I hope she makes it in though. I actually think she's one of the better characters from that world. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

In my opinion, Robin is Fire Emblem's best tactician. Marth is Fire Emblem's best leader. Ike is Fire Emblem's (arguably) strongest warrior. 

Soren would give Robin good competition, if you ask me (and I'm not even a fan of Soren). But otherwise, sounds about right!

Speaking of Ike, I have a bit more hope for him since Robin and Lucina are in due to the Amiibo. They're not locked behind them, and since Ike has an Amiibo too, it's only fair if he and the remaining ones get in.

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I actually have some doubts on this one. I can think for at least two reason why Camilla is guaranteed to be in the game. If she really is getting in then another wyvren flying, axe wielding princess may find herself obsolete from a gameplay perspective. Granted, Camilla is different in that she can use magic but that's just a point in her favor, it means she can bring every moveset potential Minerva has but with magic to spice it up even more. 

As such I don't think Minerva has a high chance. I hope she makes it in though. I actually think she's one of the better characters from that world. 

This makes me sad, because historically and really from an overall FE lore standpoint Minerva is way more important to the franchise. I happen to love her character and the whole Macedon plot arc.

I won't boycott the game if she's not in, but I would be genuinely sad.

*EDIT*

It is worth noting, however, that Minerva can possibly get access to both lances and swords as a throwback to 1/3

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't see how Camilla being more popular guarantees that Minerva won't make it. Think about it, we have a ton of infantry sword users. Why can't we have more wyvern riders that includes Minerva?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Soren would give Robin good competition, if you ask me (and I'm not even a fan of Soren). But otherwise, sounds about right!

Speaking of Ike, I have a bit more hope for him since Robin and Lucina are in due to the Amiibo. They're not locked behind them, and since Ike has an Amiibo too, it's only fair if he and the remaining ones get in.

I'm sure Soren would. However, Robin is more likely the superior tactician in the end as he takes more time to understand his comrades and get to know them, having a better understanding of strengths and weaknesses. Soren is so closed off that he tries to keep himself in check, but while he can make logical decisions, him not understanding how emotional cases work at times causes his own plans to fail. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm sure Soren would. However, Robin is more likely the superior tactician in the end as he takes more time to understand his comrades and get to know them, having a better understanding of strengths and weaknesses. Soren is so closed off that he tries to keep himself in check, but while he can make logical decisions, him not understanding how emotional cases work at times causes his own plans to fail. 

That just makes Robin more sociable and likable as a person, imo, not necessarily better at tactics and strategy. But eh. xP

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Such is the nature of online forums I guess? Would you rather have strict TC/Forum Moderator power able to shut down anyone who, operating within rules of civility, expresses their opinion? And I do think that people are responsible to a degree as to whom we associate them with- if they took a moment to consider whether others really want/would mind their harpings in yet another post, perhaps they'd self-edit and not develop so strong an association in the minds of others.

I myself am a pretty big Bramimond and Sephiran fan for instance, but I don't go around bringing them up everywhere, though I admit to perhaps bringing up Sephy a little too much in Tellius plot discussions. I try to have some self control and avoid committing the sin of vainglory the Internet is so conducive to by not throwing my opinions everywhere whenever I feel like it, wanting attention from them. Should I admonish myself some more? Yes, I can see that.

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Seconded. The best hope we have is characters able to wield two weapon types and having Minerva use Lances and Axes. And if Minvera got in, we'd almost certainly need Maria and Michalis as unique NPCs at the very least.