New banners announced: Alm's Army/Celica's Army

Korath88

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Holy shit how did that get spliced like that.

"Weapon triangle affinity granted by foe's skills is reversed" could be interpreted to include Litrraven giving weapon triangle advantage against colorless.

Maybe I'm a tad slow but where does the "Litr" prefix come from when talking about the tome color variants? Is that a fan name or something that appears in the coding?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

New forum software, ladies and gentlemen.

To be honest, I actually thought this is a reaver skill, turning WTD into WTA and vice versa.

Yeah, the English localization team really needs to brush up on their technical writing. I suppose they'd have a bit less difficult of a time of it if English could be as concise as Japanese, but such is the language.

Just now, NekoKnight said:

Maybe I'm a tad slow but where does the "Litr" prefix come from when talking about the tome color variants? Is that a fan name or something that appears in the coding?

My own invention.

"Raudhr" is "red" in Old Norse. "Blar" is "blue" in Old Norse. "Gronn" is "green" in Old Norse. "Litr" is "color" in Old Norse.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

My own invention.

"Raudhr" is "red" in Old Norse. "Blar" is "blue" in Old Norse. "Gronn" is "green" in Old Norse. "Litr" is "color" in Old Norse.

Neato, I shall adopt it as well then.

So, I see Cancel Affinity is a debatable skill (and a reason for MRobin/Cecilia to not run Triangle Adept. Not like I ever did)

Otherwise I'm not sure where to pull. While the Mountbreakers are certainly worth the pull, I'm not as interested in the slaying weapons (Oh, they're still an upgrade). But Sonia is more worth pulling for me than Delthea either (Though Delthea has great attack boosting), I still have mostly blues. The skills on Alm's Army banner are also more interesting to me (Not saying Saber or Sonya's are bad either, it's just Leon's aren't grabbing my attention).

Guess the stats are what'll decide it for me.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Forcing every player to run something like this is not healthy for a meta. Just because a counter exists doesn't justify its existence.

That's kind of like saying Selena not being viable in arena isn't healthy for a meta---certain unit types will always be unusable if they're not a right match for the meta. With TC, TA builds would become less viable, but it's hardly 'unhealthy' considering TA builds aren't the only way to deal with Rein. (And I doubt TC Reinhardt would be common enough that you can't just pray not to see anyone through a run, the fact that TC ruins TA builds in general is just a meta shift.)

I only brought up Julia because she's the most 'obvious' counter. You can go Reinhardt emblem in response with the CC Vantage build and just Vantage sweep*---pack a Fury 3 Odin with Panic Ploy to ensure Reinhardt can get under Vantage range via Ardent---you can go galeforce offensive and abuse the fact that even against people with Reinhardt level mobility, which make positioning difficult, galeforce users with quick pulse can kill 3 units in one turn thanks to dancer support (assuming they don't OHKO)---meaning you have 2 units leftover to catch the straggler. Besides, even if TA 3 is unusable, distant defense is still 6 defense, roughly half as good as TA 3 vs. 60 Atk targets, and more vs. people with less.

*Cecilia can just do what Julia does, given similar bulk and easier buffing, but hey, why use the worst color (green) when you can use the best color (Reinhardt).

Yay, another Banner, I'll Pull from both, although I'm a bit disappointed that Valbar's not on Celica's Banner.

I'll need at least 2 Grays, because that Sword SP skill is too good not to give to Olivia for grinding.

I *might* pull blues just for the +6 buff tome, but... Delthea and Mathilda need to have some pretty amazing stat spreads, considering I have Cordelia, Rein, and Linde already. Drive Atk and TC are nice, but nothing that I need enough to pull for.

49 minutes ago, JSND said:

so the tl;dr is AC3 Virion vs Litrraven = Virion now gets WTA against Raven?

When I saw "AC3 Virion", all I could think was "What does Assassin's Creed 3 have to do with all of this?" Would not be surprised if you could dump Virion in an Assassin's Creed game and he'd fit in. Would have been worse if I thought of Animal Crossing. :P

20 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

OMG Delthea looks really good. I want to pull her. If we could get a Slaying Lance type weapon for Catria... *drool* I wonder which new unit in the future will come with it

If they continue with Slaying weapons from Echoes, Forsyth, Valbar, and Ferdinand could work. Didn't catch what Clive had in the trailer.

Valbar would have been cool. Y'know, another summonable knight?

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If they continue with Slaying weapons from Echoes, Forsyth, Valbar, and Ferdinand could work. Didn't catch what Clive had in the trailer.

Valbar would have been cool. Y'know, another summonable knight?

By the looks of it, Clive had a Silver Lance.

Edited by Azz

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Looked like a silver.

Reveal hidden contents

ckyzyftb449z.png

Whoa, Gray looking all confident with his hand on his hip.

Sonya looks kind of dorky cute as a chibi... Must. Resist. Trying. To. Summon. You. Need. A. Red. Mage. Boy. (Go play Final Fantasy, you unlucky sap.)

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

By the looks of it, Clive had a Silver Lance.

Well, scratch Clive off of that. Why do I get the feeling he'll be pretty mediocre?

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I would like Valbar more if he didn't have a butt chin :(((

But that chin is another great wonder of the world! :P

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Apologize to the glorious chin, for you have offended it.  :(B

Isn't Mathilda with a Horseslayer a traitor to Horse Emblem?

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That's kind of like saying Selena not being viable in arena isn't healthy for a meta---certain unit types will always be unusable if they're not a right match for the meta.

That's definitely not anything similar.

Over-centralization of the meta limits team-building by invalidating entire team compositions and play styles and forcing dedicated counters to a small number of specific threats. An individual unit being not viable doesn't do this.

Hyper offense and OHKO Vantage shenanigans being the only viable strategies is not a healthy meta.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I only brought up Julia because she's the most 'obvious' counter. You can go Reinhardt emblem in response with the CC Vantage build and just Vantage sweep*---pack a Fury 3 Odin with Panic Ploy to ensure Reinhardt can get under Vantage range via Ardent---you can go galeforce offensive and abuse the fact that even against people with Reinhardt level mobility, which make positioning difficult, galeforce users with quick pulse can kill 3 units in one turn thanks to dancer support (assuming they don't OHKO)---meaning you have 2 units leftover to catch the straggler.

Which is a great example of how specific the counters are and how restricted team building can become.

Compare your list to something like the list of counters for, say, Xander:

• Any fast mage with Desperation (minus green if Triangle Adept)
  • Any mage with Blarblade+ (minus green if Triangle Adept)
  • Any blue mage or dragon with Triangle Adept
  • Any bulky, strong blue physical unit
  • And a bunch of other things

18 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Besides, even if TA 3 is unusable, distant defense is still 6 defense, roughly half as good as TA 3 vs. 60 Atk targets, and more vs. people with less.

Distant Def is a really shitty substitute for Triangle Adept because you're losing ~6 Ref/Res against ranged opponents, ~12 Def/Res against melee range opponents, and ~12 Atk as a trade for not being vulnerable to Cancel Affinity.

Triangle Adept is the only good defensive option and it already comes with a trade-off. There was literally no good reason to nerf it.

16 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

*Cecilia can just do what Julia does, given similar bulk and easier buffing, but hey, why use the worst color (green) when you can use the best color (Reinhardt).

Whoop-dee-doo. There are two characters out of 147 that can perform this role. What amazing diversity of options we have available to us.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Hey, hey. His chin is just extremely manly.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't Mathilda with a Horseslayer a traitor to Horse Emblem?

I just realized that she'd be effective against Clive. We all know who's wearing the pants in that relationship. :P

Anyway, Mathilda would be helping Horse Emblem by countering enemy Horse Emblem. Fight fire with fire. Flying mage and armor mage with anti-armor magic when?

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

But that chin is another great wonder of the world! :P

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Apologize to the glorious chin, for you have offended it.  :(B

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hey, hey. His chin is just extremely manly.

Maybe that's just too much man for my womanliness to take

Just now, Kaden said:

I just realized that she'd be effective against Clive. We all know who's wearing the pants in that relationship. :P

Anyway, Mathilda would be helping Horse Emblem by rooting out enemy Horse Emblem. Fight fire with fire. Flying mage and armor mage with anti-armor magic when?

I think Micaiah might get the first anti-Armor tome.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Sonya looks kind of dorky cute as a chibi... Must. Resist. Trying. To. Summon.

I know, right? I just decided on switching over to pulling blues—bam—Sonya is green and fabulous.

PRFfBu3pizc.jpg
I still think these look a bit different: the overkilling edge has a bluish tint. @Ice Dragon?
I don’t have a Niles to compare, so there we are.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think Micaiah might get the first anti-Armor tome.

Aww, but she's not a knight... Eh, we could have her piggyback riding the Black Knight. Charge, my steed! Charge! *Black Knight moves one tile. End turn.*

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I still think these look a bit different: the overkilling edge has a bluish tint. @Ice Dragon?
I don’t have a Niles to compare, so there we are.

The colors look a bit different, but I can't really make a sound judgment without the sources being the same.

As for Killer Bow compared to Slaying Bow, Slaying Bow's second set of pointies (from the ends of the bow) point outward more than the Killer Bow's. The Killer Bow's are closer to tangent to the bow.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The colors look a bit different, but I can't really make a sound judgment without the sources being the same.

The shape of the blade is different too: it’s pointier on the killing edge and wider on the overkilling edge.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The shape of the blade is different too: it’s pointier on the killing edge and wider on the overkilling edge.

That could just be the surface that the sprite is printed on bending away from the screen. The surfaces are capable of bending in all three dimensions.