New August Banner?

Arthur97

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

CYL is "after summer", so anybody expecting it before September at the earliest is probably going to be disappointed.

Disappointed? That's great! It gives me more time to build up my orb reserves after getting Summer Tiki.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What info has IS released about Choose Your Legends so far (it took me far too long to realise what CYL stood for so there you go, anyone else slow on the uptake :P)? Thanks in advance!

But back when voting started, didn't they say the top pick for each gender would get a special outfit? From the wording I figured they at least would be given out for free. Adding a CYL banner on top of that would be great though.

On topic: I'd love a Magvel banner, but I remember reading somewhere that (at least the fan consensus is that) IS hates acknowledging Sacred Stones outside of the twins? I assume that's a joke but does SS really get ignored that much (I've only been an active member of this community since Echoes)?

Edited by DefyingFates

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

What info has IS released about Choose Your Legends so far (it took me far too long to realise what CYL stood for so there you go, anyone else slow on the uptake :P)? Thanks in advance!

The characters are Ike, Roy, Lucina, and Lyn. They will have unique art and voice lines. It will be a focus banner. The banner will be "after summer". One of Ike's voice lines has been teased.

That's literally all we know. Everything else is speculation.

Chances are they're going to be interleaving Echoes content with other content rather than releasing back-to-back Echoes banners, so I'm expecting the next banner to not be Echoes with either the mid-August or mid-September banner being Echoes again (and possibly a Warriors event at the end of September to coincide with the Warriors release).

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The characters are Ike, Roy, Lucina, and Lyn. They will have unique art and voice lines. It will be a focus banner. The banner will be "after summer". One of Ike's voice lines has been teased.

That's literally all we know. Everything else is speculation.

Chances are they're going to be interleaving Echoes content with other content rather than releasing back-to-back Echoes banners, so I'm expecting the next banner to not be Echoes with either the mid-August or mid-September banner being Echoes again (and possibly a Warriors event at the end of September to coincide with the Warriors release).

Is another Echoes banner confirmed or speculation?  Apart from Clive, who's in-game, there's Kliff, Silque, Forsyth, Python, Luthier, Mycen, Tatiana, and Zeke (kinda) from Alm's side, and only Valbar, Kamui, Jesse, Deen, Atlas, and Nomah.  Still plenty enough for a Banner or two, but getting close to exhausting the Echoes crew.

Is another Echoes banner confirmed or speculation?  Apart from Clive, who's in-game, there's Kliff, Silque, Forsyth, Python, Luthier, Mycen, Tatiana, and Zeke (kinda) from Alm's side, and only Valbar, Kamui, Jesse, Deen, Atlas, and Nomah.  Still plenty enough for a Banner or two, but getting close to exhausting the Echoes crew.

Speculation.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Spoiler

Did you leave Conrad off on purpose or did you forget him? Just curious.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Speculation.

I wonder if they'll keep up with the equal girls and boys thing, or they'll finally start giving us more guys, since Echoes only has two girls left and like a dozen boys.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Did you leave Conrad off on purpose or did you forget him? Just curious.

True story: I forgot, then remembered after posting, but didn't bother to edit it, so... both?

If they want another set of FE2 maps to pair with the Ch12 ones to make the next TT another FE2-themed one and release Clive as the free unit there, they'll need to make the next banner FE2-themed, since that's the only time left when a banner is expected before the next TT starts. If any of that doesn't play out, I don't see any reason to expect yet another FE2 banner soon.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

CYL is "after summer", so anybody expecting it before September at the earliest is probably going to be disappointed.

NVM I just remember Ike's promotional video.

Mind as well have Sacred Stone banner now.

I'm expecting CYL on August and then a Warriors Banner for September to coincide with FE Warriors' Japanese release. Halloween Banner for October, of course. I'd expect some other banners thrown in-between the month-long banners. Maybe that's when we'd see stuff like Jugdral or RD. 

November seems rather empty with no special limited banner...watch them squeeze in TMS and a TMS TT somewhere with Cat suit Kiria as a reward.

...unless September is split between CYL and Warriors. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

If they want another set of FE2 maps to pair with the Ch12 ones to make the next TT another FE2-themed one and release Clive as the free unit there, they'll need to make the next banner FE2-themed, since that's the only time left when a banner is expected before the next TT starts. If any of that doesn't play out, I don't see any reason to expect yet another FE2 banner soon.

That's something I hadn't thought of.  Maybe the next Tempest won't be Echoes at all.  It would have to be another Story Chapter, too, to make enough maps, if they don't re-use any.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's something I hadn't thought of.  Maybe the next Tempest won't be Echoes at all.  It would have to be another Story Chapter, too, to make enough maps, if they don't re-use any.

Wouldn't need to be a story chapter. This month's TT just used six maps: three from Alm's paralogue and three from Ch11, since it left out 11-3 and 11-5.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Wouldn't need to be a story chapter. This month's TT just used six maps: three from Alm's paralogue and three from Ch11, since it left out 11-3 and 11-5.

It would add a whole new level of torture if we got the 11-5 map in Tempest.

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Mind as well have Sacred Stone banner now.

Perhaps if we say it enough it'll happen?

HEY LET'S HOPE FOR MAGVEL NEXT HUH GUYS??

It would add a whole new level of torture if we got the 11-5 map in Tempest.

Yeah, skipped maps are skipped for a reason. I could see 12-5 getting skipped too, since it's a bit wonky. But the rest of Ch12 seems fine enough without the turn restrictions, so I don't think it'd be a problem to get 3-4 maps out of it for one of the map sets for a TT and then 3 more from a Paralogue for the other set.

4 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Perhaps if we say it enough it'll happen?

HEY LET'S HOPE FOR MAGVEL NEXT HUH GUYS??

Not unless you write a song to show your dedication.

12 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

It'll be weird if the CYL event happens before Micaiah's inital appearance is even released. I wonder what they'll do about Ike since there are two of him.

Add Sigurd, Leif and to a lesser extent, Kris, to that list. CYL Ike? Just an Ike from another dimension. I want him to get STAFF'D. 

Well, RD Ike is most likely coming with Urvan so that leaves lance, dagger, bow and staff as CYL Ike's primary options. They can always give him a tome. CYL Ike is not canon so they can make him use anything. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Add Sigurd, Leif and to a lesser extent, Kris, to that list. CYL Ike? Just an Ike from another dimension. I want him to get STAFF'D. 

Well, RD Ike is most likely coming with Urvan so that leaves lance, dagger, bow and staff as CYL Ike's primary options. They can always give him a tome. CYL Ike is not canon so they can make him use anything. 

Then I want Dark Flyer Ike.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

CYL Ike could be RD Ike, and might even have Urvan. We don't know how exactly they're going to handle the CYL versions, but I do think they're likely to stick closer to canon rather than going off the rails like the seasonal banners. These are the characters people voted for because they like them as they already are, after all.

CYL Ike could be RD Ike, and might even have Urvan. We don't know how exactly they're going to handle the CYL versions, but I do think they're likely to stick closer to canon rather than going off the rails like the seasonal banners. These are the characters people voted for because they like them as they already are, after all.

RD Ike was his own vote, and he placed like 4th or 5th, so CYL Ike pretty much needs to be PoR Ike, or people will feel cheated.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

RD Ike was his own vote, and he placed like 4th or 5th, so CYL Ike pretty much needs to be PoR Ike, or people will feel cheated.

Hm, I guess. That's weird though.

Hm, I guess. That's weird though.

A lot of units got screwed over by having their votes split; Ike was just popular enough to win anyway splitting his vote.

Man, I dunno what to make of that then. But if they're going to have CYL FE9 Ike with a weapon FE9 Ike didn't use, there's still nothing stopping them from giving him an axe, even Urvan, as long as he doesn't look like his FE10 self. Although it'd be nice to get Vanguard Ike eventually, and he's the one who really deserves it.