2nd Feh Channel (27th July 2017)

Armagon

Overall, my favorite news from the broadcast:

• Tempest bonus units get increased stats, making them more useful
  • Arena Assault, which is more endgame content that we can play whenever we want to kill some time
  • Hero Fest for three units that I don't have, but given my pulls on the last one I'll temper my excitement
  • 3* and 4* rates are swapped, which while reducing the odds of getting vantage, fury, and reposition fodder (don't quote me on this) is a better user experience
7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This. Though I can understand why some would think I'm too vocal. I apologize for that and I don't mean to annoy anyone with it.

I just have trouble controlling both my excitement and my disappointment at times. xP

Like, I exploded in happiness at Summer Freddy. lol I'm still totally obsessed with him. :P And then I wanted to rage at the Nohr banner. It took all my willpower not to go into a cuss fest about it. So I kept calm in my initial post on it as best as I could. But it may not be enough sometimes, I guess. I'll work on that more, believe me.

Reactions from excitable people like yourself is one of the reasons I enjoy reading about and watching other people play games. It's pretty different from how I play mine and is a form of entertainment in itself-like watching a protagonist in their story. In particular, I enjoyed seeing your reactions after pulling Ike after having saved for him since the beginning. It just happens that people don't take as kindly to negative reactions as positive ones. 

But really, there isn't a single person on the planet who should be above adapting to meet the other people around them. 

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Johann said:

Once again, you've led me to the correct piece of the puzzle. Behold! The banner is complete, with Ike, Julia, Ninian, and Genny.

herofest2_temp4.gif

But then that leaves the grey near Genny's head. 6 units may be a thing...?

My god, Gacha is pure evil and apparently Heroes is one of the more generous ones, but the way they lure you is impressive. I admit, I at least had the chance to analyze some of my weaker points while playing this type of game for the first (and last) time and they do seem interested in improving things (next to the sinister gambling aspect and obvious profit maximization). I hope I can develop a better control over my inner desires. Don't really want to spend more money on this. A rather tame hero fest is a good start (I have Ryoma, no need for Slowryoma, Healers are worthless after you previously gathered some, Ninian would be nice to swap out Olivia someday, but not necessary and Julia is kinda pointless when you have Nino), free summons are always good and Nohrian summer doesn't interest me at all (I won't have a single unit for the gauntlet, ha! Once again, a gauntlet where I don't care at all who will win). Guess I can continue pulling for Leo and save up afterwards, good.

However, how will I react when Haar (and Jill?) appears.... oh boy.

4 minutes ago, Apples said:

Reactions from excitable people like yourself is one of the reasons I enjoy reading about and watching other people play games. It's pretty different from how I play mine and is a form of entertainment in itself-like watching a protagonist in their story. In particular, I enjoyed seeing your reactions after pulling Ike after having saved for him since the beginning. It just happens that people don't take as kindly to negative reactions as positive ones. 

But really, there isn't a single person on the planet who should be above adapting to meet the other people around them. 

Heh, yeah, it is neat to see people get excited, huh? Glad to know I bring some people enjoyment this way! ^^

And yeah, I'd saved up for Ike forever, though still wound up having to buy orbs to get him anyway, and I'd also worked so hard to make Frederick my first 5 star after my crappy luck in trying to pull any at first. The feeling when those things finally happened was awesome.

And right, it's natural to not take as kindly to negative reactions. Because they're negative and not happy. I have to keep that in mind more often.

Yeah, true.

Also, despite my complaints, I have to agree with those saying that Heroes has been handled really well all things considered. I'm proud of IS for how they've done their first mobile game!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

But then that leaves the grey near Genny's head. 6 units may be a thing...?

Nah, that's just some more feathers from Genny's special art. I had to move a few sparkles and feathers to match the silhouette, as they modified her art to fit the space better. I was just too lazy to fill out every last bit of silhouette with the extraneous details.

The game gives me so many Ninians off-banner I have this sneaking suspicion I'll get none if I try to pull for her. Julia would be nice to pull for, though, simply because I lack a +Atk Julia that isn't -Spd (despite having pulled 31 copies of her already).

But I still have more pressing banners to pull from, so I probably won't pull too much from it anyways.

Tbh I was just waiting for the extra orbs and banner announcements ;) I was hoping they'd have a new way to interact with our current heroes as well, but alas.

Don't think I'll be doing the Hero Fest this time around, unless I happen to have extra orbs and can snipe reds for Ike.  Otherwise I'm not interested in the other characters, so I can save up my pitiful stock of F2P orbs for the Nohrian summer banner.  Nintendo, you are cruel! I just desperately tossed all my orbs into Ylissean summer, and now you give us Nohrian summer.  I should've known it would be a clever plot by you to try and tempt me into becoming P2P.  In vain, however!

Did anyone else think that the announcement of the 3* and 4* swapping was actually going to be demotions?

(Also, the little dust cloud isn't going to be as exciting. Eh, no one watches those anymore anyway.)

1 minute ago, Sire said:

The Datamining is active and up on Reddit, if anyone is interested.

Summer!Corrin's damaged artwork is definitely something. Not that I am complaining, of course...

I dont see that picture on the reddit (mostly because i have no idea where the pictures are) think you can show us what it looks like?

1 minute ago, Thany said:

I dont see that picture on the reddit (mostly because i have no idea where the pictures are) think you can show us what it looks like?

In the spoiler is the link to the album.

Spoiler

Plain Link: http://imgur.com/a/9Htou

Edited by Sire

Just now, Thany said:

Oh me oh my. thats even more dramatic then tikis or robins. (elise only gets a small tear unlike everyone else)

I think it's pretty on par with S!Robin in term of the amount of exposed skin. And Robin's swimsuit also looks like it's about to fall apart. Though I guess Corrin's damaged art takes it a step further since the swimsuit bottom is actually coming off there...

I guess that means that if I ever pull a Corrin, I need to never use battle animations in public or make sure Corrin doesn't get too low on HP.

29 minutes ago, Apples said:

3* and 4* rates are swapped, which while reducing the odds of getting vantage, fury, and reposition fodder (don't quote me on this) is a better user experience

Too late, I quoted you.

Barst/Selena/Hinata/Lon'qu (the owners of those skills) are available at 4*

Edited by NekoKnight

What's this about Swimsuit Corrin's damaged artwork 

*sees the artwork*

Mmm ok. This is allowed, i guess. Japan, you sneaky bastards.

Edit: Place your bets, do you think it;ll get censored like Swimsuit Tiki's damage artwork did?

Edited by Armagon

Just now, LuxSpes said:

I guess that means that if I ever pull a Corrin, I need to never use battle animations in public or make sure Corrin doesn't get too low on HP.

No fury sets for you i guess XD

still, between robin and corrin, Robins suit is indeed ripping a bit, but corrin is litterally losing it all XD

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

You will get really good at the game though, win or have your reputation destroyed.

As for the star ratings, the 4* category practically has every single hero save for 5-star exclusives and event characters. I do not recall any heroes being 3* exclusive.

I personally like that 4* is getting the spotlight since it makes it infinitely easier for inheritance and to pull heroes that are in the 4*/5* category. The only real thing that will remain a pain to obtain are the 5-star heroes like Lucina, Hector, Linde, or Takumi.

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

You will get really good at the game though, win or have your reputation destroyed.

My first 5* was a Nowi and I managed to play in public. I guess I'm fine. Or my reputation is already destroyed, which means this won't affect me either.

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

As for the star ratings, the 4* category practically has every single hero save for 5-star exclusives and event characters. I do not recall any heroes being 3* exclusive.

I personally like that 4* is getting the spotlight since it makes it infinitely easier for inheritance and to pull heroes that are in the 4*/5* category. The only real thing that will remain a pain to obtain are the 5-star heroes like Lucina, Hector, Linde, or Takumi.

Hopefully this will mean I'll start seeing more Klein instead of the endless stream of Saizo, Niles and Lissa.

Edit: It may also help the issue that there's been no new hero added to the 3* summon pool since the release. Maybe that's their solution to the complaint that the 3* pool is starting to get small in comparison to the 5* and 4*-5* one.

Edited by LuxSpes