Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just give us two “charges”, each replenishing in half an hour. It’s much more convenient than a strict cooldown.

That system would allow a player to in theory get at least three battles in an hour by saving charges. That would definitely have an impact on the gauntlet and how it's played. I don't know if it would be a good one or a bad one though...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, the moment of truth.

TIME TO GET SERIOUS TEAM LEO. WE WANT TO STOP THIS MULTIPLIER YOYO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! (probably a good idea to save 400 flags for the next round though.)

Edited by Bartozio

14 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

As expected, Gaius does indeed have a multiplier now.

Time for some ping pong, I guess.

Too bad I won't be able to play until i get off work.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Still, why would you ruin someone's fun like this?

Some people like to know what's gonna happen, or at least get an idea

I like hearing what needs to happen to win personally

And even if the news is grim, I still have hope! If you don't like the forecasts, then don't read them :P

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Too bad I won't be able to play until i get off work.

That's too bad. Ping pong is fun!

LEO MEMBERS

READY YOUR FLAGS

4 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Some people like to know what's gonna happen, or at least get an idea

I like hearing what needs to happen to win personally

And even if the news is grim, I still have hope! If you don't like the forecasts, then don't read them :P

Fine, nothing wrong with that, but other people prefer not being spoiled and would rather be kept wondering what's going to happen next. Otherwise, if I'm told my team will lose, I'm just not going to have fun battling until the round is over. And if I'm told they're going to win, that ruins the fun of being surprised that they win.

I thought I'd never see the day someone would be insulted by simple predictions--math, of all things, one of the most objective fields of study out there.

If the majority of people in this topic have no trouble with these spreadsheets and you are the only one who takes issue with them, just don't say anything at all.

Is that so hard?

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I thought I'd never see the day someone would be insulted by simple predictions--math, of all things, one of the most objective fields of study out there.

If the majority of people on this forum have no trouble with these spreadsheets and you are the only one who takes issue with them, just don't say anything at all.

Is that so hard?

I'm not offended by math, where did you get such an idea?

Not saying anything isn't going to prevent me from seeing the posts about the spreadsheets and what they say. I don't want to see them. I want to be surprised that my team wins at the end, or if they lose, wait to be disappointed until they lose, not be disappointed the whole way through because of what a spreadsheet said.

Btw, I fought an Azura that had no weapon earlier. I'm seeing so much weird stuff in this game lately it's crazy.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, Corrin only gained 30 million over Robin in the past hour compared to 100 million per hour from before the yo-yo. I think cruise control has finally engaged.

Unfortunately, that probably still won't help my ranking much after passing out before getting to do my second battle of the first multiplier and oversleeping the first half of this morning's multiplier. God, I'm terrible at this.

Leo v. Gaius has me on the edge of my seat, though. It's anyone's game at this point.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Unfortunately, that probably still won't help my ranking much after passing out before getting to do my second battle of the first multiplier and oversleeping the first half of this morning's multiplier. God, I'm terrible at this.

There's definitely a learning curve to that~

Regarding Corrin vs. Robin, man the yo-yoing is scary...

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not saying anything isn't going to prevent me from seeing the posts about the spreadsheets and what they say. I don't want to see them. I want to be surprised that my team wins at the end, or if they lose, wait to be disappointed until they lose, not be disappointed the whole way through because of what a spreadsheet said.

Btw, I fought an Azura that had no weapon earlier. I'm seeing so much weird stuff in this game lately it's crazy.

Unfortunately you're in the last place you should be if you don't want that kind of thing to happen. It's like going into a datamine thread and complaining the next update isn't a surprise anymore. This thread is for discussing everything related to the gauntlet, and predictions and whatnot are a part of that.

I wish Robin were going to win too (since RIP my score later if Corrin wins, since I have no Corrin for the 10% bonus AND she's gonna likely get few multipliers vs Leo/Gaius), but even without Ice's numbers it's not too hard to guess she's down for the count right now save for a miracle.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

would rather be kept wondering what's going to happen next

Forecasts aren't always accurate~

So even if you have a general idea, it may not be true heh

Just now, Book Bro said:

I'm still hopeful Leo can win this! We're going to have to play this carefully though so Gaius doesn't have a way to overtake us again last minute. 

YEAH LET'S GO

TOMATOES ARE HEALTHY 

CANDY IS BAD

BLECH

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wow, Corrin only gained 30 million over Robin in the past hour compared to 100 million per hour from before the yo-yo. I think cruise control has finally engaged.

Actually, Corrin's doing about the same as she was prior to the yo-yo. She got 192mn last hour, and was getting between 180-250mn for the hours before the yo-yo. I think Team Robin is still feeling the rush of multiplier, because she got 165mn, when she was getting only 80-120mn in the hours leading up to the multiplier.

Either way, it's good for us!

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Leo v. Gaius has me on the edge of my seat, though. It's anyone's game at this point.

I still have no idea why Gaius is so popular. I felt he was one of the more forgettable units from Awakening. Admittedly, I accidentally killed him in my first playthrough, but still, it's weird that he's effectively tied with Leo.

Oh my god Leo actually might win this and prevent Gaius from getting his 2nd upset. COME ON GUYS, WE MUST WIN FOR THE SAKE OF TOMATO PRINCE AND TO AVENGE THE LOSS OF FRED BEAR. ONWAAARRDS!!!

6 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Forecasts aren't always accurate~

So even if you have a general idea, it may not be true heh

True, I even argued that myself, but the fact that those forecasts are a decent possibility does still kind of make me have less fun.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Unfortunately you're in the last place you should be if you don't want that kind of thing to happen. It's like going into a datamine thread and complaining the next update isn't a surprise anymore. This thread is for discussing everything related to the gauntlet, and predictions and whatnot are a part of that.

I wish Robin were going to win too (since RIP my score later if Corrin wins, since I have no Corrin for the 10% bonus AND she's gonna likely get few multipliers vs Leo/Gaius), but even without Ice's numbers it's not too hard to guess she's down for the count right now save for a miracle.

Then as I said, I don't need to be posting here. Shame, I was having fun before.

RIP my score too then, because I won't even be participating in the final round if Corrin wins. I don't want to support her or Gaius or Leo.

Edited by Anacybele

38 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just give us two “charges”, each replenishing in half an hour. It’s much more convenient than a strict cooldown.

Charges won't work as long as the multiplier is around (now you're even more fucked by missing a multiplier hour), but the system definitely needs something like stamina or dueling swords to determine participation. That and at least 3 bonus heroes per team. And maybe a whole bunch of other non-bullshit things.

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I'm still hopeful Leo can win this! We're going to have to play this carefully though so Gaius doesn't have a way to overtake us again last minute. 

I don't think we need to be careful right now, actually. After this yoyo ends, Gaius will probably have a considerable lead, and we'll have barely enough time to overtake him, let alone give him another multiplier.

What we need to do now is go all out and end this yoyo as soon as possible so we'll have enough time to regain the lead.

LETS GO TEAM LEO!

WE'LL TROW HIS ASHES TO THE WAVES!

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I still have no idea why Gaius is so popular. I felt he was one of the more forgettable units from Awakening. Admittedly, I accidentally killed him in my first playthrough, but still, it's weird that he's effectively tied with Leo.

they're not tied in popularity really, Gaius is just having luck with the multiplier. He is pretty popular though (I think he's the third most popular male character from Awakening?)

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's pretty much impossible for a thread like this to not go into discussion on predicting the outcome. Everyone is curious on score, wether they want to know how the other team is doing, when a multiplier will hit etc. If such discussion doesn't hold value with you, then you must exercise self control on what you read (same as any spoiling topic).

Basically:

A) Nope out or scroll past the posts.

B) Bring up something else that is on topic and ignore the previous discourse and remain within the subtopic that you brought up.

Speaking of such a sub-topic, I just fought a Genny with no Offensive Staff - but with Wrathful Staff equipped. I guess someone forgot to switch back their skills.

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Paste derp. And spelling fail.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

they're not tied in popularity really, Gaius is just having luck with the multiplier. He is pretty popular though (I think he's the third most popular male character from Awakening?)

Gaius is only popular in Japan as far as I know, and Japan's base is smaller than everyone else's. That probably explains why Frederick actually had a bigger team here. The west prefers him.

So yeah, Gaius just had the most luck with the multiplier, the little bugger.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, I even argued that myself, but the fact that those forecasts are a decent possibility does still kind of make me have less fun.

Perhaps you just need to have some more gauntlet spirit!

YOU MUST CHALLENGE YOUR FATE

OUR BONDS GIVE ME STRENGTH!

Believe against all odds! Challenge your fate!

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then as I said, I don't need to be posting here then. Shame, I was having fun before.

You're going to stop because of this? Tsk Tsk tsk... that's unfort :(

If you really do stop I'll miss your on-occasion Frederick conversations~

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

WE'LL TROW HIS ASHES TO THE WAVES!

EXACTLY

WHAT'S HIS NAME AGAIN? GAIUS? PSH

WHAT A LOSER

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

I killed him first run of that map too and ended up reloading. He didn't stand out enough from the generic enemies for me to realize he might be a recruitable unit.

He's also been winning more thanks to the multiploer than popularity, I think. (that's what let him beat Fredrick anyway) And maybe Corrin sucked more Fates fans up than Robin did Awakening ones, so Leo's numbers could be down thanks to that.

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Perhaps you just need to have some more gauntlet spirit!

YOU MUST CHALLENGE YOUR FATE

OUR BONDS GIVE ME STRENGTH!

Believe against all odds! Challenge your fate!

I tried that with Freddy last round and look how that turned out...

I guess in another case the outcome could be different, but yeah. That kind of dampens my will to believe like that.

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Actually, Corrin's doing about the same as she was prior to the yo-yo. She got 192mn last hour, and was getting between 180-250mn for the hours before the yo-yo. I think Team Robin is still feeling the rush of multiplier, because she got 165mn, when she was getting only 80-120mn in the hours leading up to the multiplier.

Either way, it's good for us!

Hm, indeed.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I think it would just be easier just to do something similar to dueling swords. Two "Voting Gauntlet swords" every hour with both refreshing at the top of every hour.

Edited by Ice Dragon