Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

If I did my maths right, we (Team Robin) need to slow down if we want to trigger any sort of multiplier. At this rate (my maths is only going by the growth rate of the last update) we won't even trigger one by the end of the round.

But then I see what happened to Team Frederick and think that holding flags can have the opposite affect. But then again, that's the only real shot I can see, unless the next update shows a more promising building lead from Team Corrin. Alternatively...

Is that all you've got Team Corrin? Spend all your flags! Give us you best shot! Come on! Don't insult us by going easy on us! Throw you puny little dragon princess at us and see what happens!

Edited by Frenzify

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Listen, I love Thumper, and his words are so true, but he's talking about saying not nice things about other people. All I said was that I felt doomed to be on a LOT of losing teams. That doesn't have anything to do with anyone else, just myself.

Let me try phrasing my thought a different way. What I mean is that that quiet often when you post your words carry a tone that implies at least to me, that you want people to agree with you, and when people don't it sets you off and you get argumentative. Yeah Thumper is talking about saying mean things to other people, but the general message of be respectful and curtious can still apply. 

13 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

But.... it's a double negative! D:

I am to tired too be trying to give out wise movie quotes aren't I? Heh

Edited by DarkLordIvy

14 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Ah, I see, so I take it that means he's practically guaranteed to get one next hour?

Hopefully Gaius gets enough points in the multiplier hour to give Leo the bonus, then we undershoot giving him the bonus again and it stays that way until the end.

Yup unless if everyone on Team Leo decided to take this hour off.

Also, just putting this out there now for everyone. If Leo does get screwed over lose, I'm open to any attempts to try to recruit me to your team though I am more inclined to join Corrin by virtue of having her and not Gaius.

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Let me try phrasing my thought a different way. What I mean is that that quiet often when you post your words carry a tone that implies at least to me, that you want people to agree with you, and when people don't it sets you off and you get argumentative. Yeah Thumper is talking about saying mean things to other people, but the general message of be respectful and curtious can still apply. 

Okay, I see where you're coming from now. I'm not trying to force anyone to agree with me, I apologize if it seems that way. Though wouldn't ANYONE like people to agree with them?

And if I'm set off by something, it's not supposed to be the disagreement itself. I could be upset for the reasons someone disagrees too, just to point out. I mean, I'm a big Frederick fangirl, right? I totally love him. I don't mind if someone hates him. They can hate him all they want, it won't stop me from loving him. But say the person said that the only reason they hated him so much was because his armor is a dumb color. That's silly, isn't it? I'm not going to tell the person they can't hate Frederick, but they certainly shouldn't hate him for his choice of armor coloring. Now if they didn't like his personality, or didn't like his design overall or something, that's fine, nothing wrong with that.

I could also be upset at someone's tone towards me. So if I'm set off, it's not because the person disagrees. I swear.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, just putting this out there now for everyone. If Leo does get screwed over lose, I'm open to any attempts to try to recruit me to your team though I am more inclined to join Corrin by virtue of having her and not Gaius.

It's very likely you'll get a lot more multipliers with Team Gaius, if that's your motivation (though you likely already figured that xD )

...Plus everyone loves sweets... riiiiiight? xD 

If Gaius loses, which it still looks very likely, I'm hoping straight on the Tomato Train :D 

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Gaius will likely get more multipliers because he's probably going to get crushed as badly as Elise.

And you'll have the ability to use my +2 Summer Leo since I plan on swapping my lead to him if Leo loses.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Even worse is if it leads into a monocolor team... facing off against a monocolor team that counters yours.

Especially when it's something that will absolutely ape your team, like a Hector if you are all blue or Reinhardt if you are all red.  

Game over man, game over.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Especially when it's something that will absolutely ape your team, like a Hector if you are all blue or Reinhardt if you are all red. 

Gronnblade Robin and Cecilia when you've been given three Gaiuses -.- 

Seriously, why do people set their main to the character in question... still really grinds me >.< 

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Game over man, game over.

Me yesterday, with a team consisting of my Karel, an Alm and an Ike...versus Reinhardt, Linde, and Sharena. 0/10 fairness.

That's kinda why colorless is the best option if you want to have zero chance of being RNG screwed over like that. Granted, -raven tomes are out there, but they can be circumvented much easier than something like what I ran into.

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Gronnblade Robin and Cecilia when you've been given three Gaiuses -.- 

Seriously, why do people set their main to the character in question... still really grinds me >.< 

Like I said, there's a lot of casual players who don't know or simply don't give much of a damn on what they're doing as long as they're having fun. And then, there's the griefers who don't equip weapons.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

And then, there's the griefers who don't equip weapons.

o.o

Have you actually had weaponless units paired with you? Damn, man, I've never been trolled that hard. I feel for you. Hope I never get unlucky enough to get something like that.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Like I said, there's a lot of casual players who don't know or simply don't give much of a damn on what they're doing as long as they're having fun. And then, there's the griefers who don't equip weapons.

That's just mean spirited. They should make it so you can't actually be given characters without weapons -.-

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

o.o

Have you actually had weaponless units paired with you? Damn, man, I've never been trolled that hard. I feel for you. Hope I never get unlucky enough to get something like that.

No, but I've seen screenshots of it on Reddit.

It goes both ways, too, depending on the map.

ie. in the story map in which you face off against Narcian and Zephiel, a weaponless flier can camp over the water and force the player team to surrender if the player has no fliers.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Don't you get a bonus in score that way? If when you send out the same character of the team you're supporting when you fight a gauntlet battle?

Just now, Liliesgrace said:

Don't you get a bonus in score that way? If when you send out the same character of the team you're supporting when you fight a gauntlet battle?

The thing is that the team character doesn't need to represent you (as in be in slot 1 in team 1). The team character only needs to be in slot one in current team (preferably not on team 1).

2 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

You only get the bonus score if you fight with the main character as your lead. It doesn't count if it's with someone elses. So all it ends up doing is making it so you want to fight with your unit (for ins Gaius) and you get given another, possibly useless, Gaius, that sets you at a disadvantage as that's two colourless that may be set against raven tomes, like I got -.- 

And as someone else said, it's not your lead charrie who is chosen to fight, it's just the first one of the team you're in. So  you can set your lead to whoever by picking them first on Team 1 (Michalis, currently, for me, which I hope is a good unit for those who get him), and then fight with Gaius or whoever you're supporting for the bonus.

Edited by Cute Chao

Just now, KongDude said:

It has to be yours.

I'm very confused now. I joined Team Leo since my beloved husbando Xander lost and I have Summer Leo as the only character in my team 6 slot that I go into battle with. Does that mean then that I'm hurting my fellow teammates and cursing them with nothing but Summer Leos/red units?

47 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I want to say that Robin last had the multiplier 8 hours ago, give or take.

So at around 10-12. Yeah there was 0 chance of me getting those.

Just now, Liliesgrace said:

I'm very confused now. I joined Team Leo since my beloved husbando Xander lost and I have Summer Leo as the only character in my team 6 slot that I go into battle with. Does that mean then that I'm hurting my fellow teammates and cursing them with nothing but Summer Leos/red units?

Not at all.  He's not at the front of Team 1, so he's not your leader.  Your friends get your leader.

Spoiler

wCaLnLW.png

Your leader is the character who appears in the spot Leo is in in this screenshot. That's who your friends will get.

2 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

They get whoever is in your first slot on Team 1 (the one that appears on the top of the screen in your castle as your main character). So it doesn't matter who you fight with, just who is showing as your set character for the first slot in Team 1 :) 

Edit - Ninja'd by GlaceonMage who provided a far better explanation including visuals in the time it took me to type. I'm ashamed xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

3 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

The character that represents you, and that your friends and allies get in battle, is the leftmost unit in your leftmost team.

Edited by Frenzify