Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

It looks like it's possible

860K SCORE!

I'm DEFINITELY staying in top 1K hehehehe 

Yeah, it does look possible! I hope it happens.

Unlike a Freddy win NOT happening before when it looked like it was going to...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

When do you sleep?

Lol sleep

You're so funny ;)

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick got done dirty, heh

But if enough people stop spending Robin could make it

It's just a matter of whether or not it'll ping pong back to Corrin

17 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Woke up just in time to catch the last 2 multipliers. Though at this rate, Gaius might pull another bullshit victory. Is this the first time a character has made 2 upsets?

Another? I thought Gaius was more popular than Frederick the first time round? As in, without the multiplier, he was increasing the most naturally? 

I could be wrong, since my memory is awful, but I thought that was the case? 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Another? I thought Gaius was more popular than Frederick the first time round? As in, without the multiplier, he was increasing the most naturally? 

I could be wrong, since my memory is awful, but I thought that was the case? 

Gaius had a bigger team at the start, but Fredrick's team got bigger at some point. They failed to catch up though...

Just now, Bartozio said:

Gaius had a bigger team at the start, but Fredrick's team got bigger at some point. They failed to catch up though...

Ahhh, that's fair enough. I think I was just thinking of the start ^.^

6 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Frederick got done dirty, heh

But if enough people stop spending Robin could make it

It's just a matter of whether or not it'll ping pong back to Corrin

Yeah, but he'll get his time to shine here someday! I can believe that.

I hope it doesn't, but that doesn't seem likely, especially if the multiplier comes in the last hour.

Who brings a tome to a bow fight? Only one whose tome can drop the sun itself on their foes! Respect the empress, peasants!

Spoiler

PwQkyAl.png

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

From what I'm seeing, Robin's not very likely to see the multiplier again. The percent difference between the two is only at 6.39% at this point and it isn't increasing fast enough to hit 10% with what time is left.

Yikes. Looks like Gaius got another multiplier. Maybe that means Leo will get another one. But if the trend continues...Gaius will probably have the last one. Our only hope is if Gaius gives it back to us, and we manage not to give it back to him.

28 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Edit: Wow, the predictions are rather grim... I think Leo might've lost this unless divine intervention happens.

It looks like Gaius has the multiplier again. If Gaius is out of flags at this point, he might perform poorly enough to give Leo a chance. If Gaius burns way too many flags, he'll give Leo a multiplier that could let Leo win.

25 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Woke up just in time to catch the last 2 multipliers. Though at this rate, Gaius might pull another bullshit victory. Is this the first time a character has made 2 upsets?

Gaius is the first character to have made an upset at all.

Wooooo, another multiplier. I'll hit this one and then go to bed. 

I still don't really expect Gaius to win. I expect Gaius to overshoot and then Leo to ping back and win... 

Edited by Cute Chao
Mixed up names... It's late xD

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gaius is the first character to have made an upset at all.

Again, Gaius did not make an upset on Frederick. Frederick simply couldn't recover from the last multiplier Gaius got hours before. An upset is one part taking the lead and winning at the last minute.

Now if Gaius beats Leo, that IS an upset.

Well shit. This is nerve wracking. I reaaaaally hope Gaius has no more flags right now...

@Anacybele considering Gaius was the smaller team against Frederick, I would say them winning counts as an upset even if it wasn't at the last possible moment. 

Edited by Book Bro

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Again, Gaius did not make an upset on Frederick. Frederick simply couldn't recover from the last multiplier Gaius got hours before. An upset is one part taking the lead and winning at the last minute.

That's one definition of "upset", but here it's being used as shorthand for "winning despite having a smaller team".

6 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

@Anacybele considering Gaius was the smaller team against Frederick, I would say them winning counts as an upset even if it wasn't at the last possible moment. 

Well I don't count it as one. And I swear it's not because of bias for Frederick and not wanting him to be the first character to be upset in this. I'd fully admit that if Gaius won at the last minute, it WOULD be an upset.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Gaius winning certainly seems very likely right now. If leo does lose I'm joining Corrin, so I can help her avenge her little bro.

It's a shame Fredrick had to be the first victim of the multiplier meme.

Lyssa's loss wasn't an upset, right? I can't remember if she had a smaller team than Priscilla or not. And nobody in the mage gauntlet got upset either? I was too focused on Tharja's matches to pay attention to the team sizes of the others.

Edited by Alkaid

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Lyssa's loss wasn't an upset, right? I can't remember if she had a smaller team than Priscilla or not. And nobody in the mage gauntlet got upset either? I was too focused on Tharja's matches to pay attention to the team sizes of the others.

Priscilla had the early lead on Lissa. First hour scores had her with a higher total.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

From Dictionary.com:

upset

the defeat of a person, team, etc., that is considered more formidable.

From Wiktionary.org:

upset

An unexpected victory of a competitor or candidate that was not favored to win.

Nowhere does it require a last-minute win, just a defeat of a stronger opponent. If a college basketball team beat a professional basketball team and had a lead the entire time, that is still an upset.

Frederick had the advantage of numbers, which is enough to consider him the stronger opponent because that's how a team's strength is measured in a Voting Gauntlet. That he was down in score doesn't matter.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Lyssa's loss wasn't an upset, right? I can't remember if she had a smaller team than Priscilla or not. And nobody in the mage gauntlet got upset either?

Priscilla had a larger team than Lissa.

The mage Gauntlet had only a fixed 3× multiplier, which made it impossible for the losing team to catch up once the scores were high enough.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well I don't count it as one. And I swear it's not because of bias for Frederick and not wanting him to be the first character to be upset in this. I'd fully admit that if Gaius won at the last minute, it WOULD be an upset.

10 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Well shit. This is nerve wracking. I reaaaaally hope Gaius has no more flags right now...

Actually, @Anacybele is technically correct. 

A true upset was the NE patriots interception in that Super Bowl against the Seahawks. 

Though, if my team couldn't recover in time, I'd definitely be upset

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, upset or not, it was a shame. :(

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's one definition of "upset", but here it's being used as shorthand for "winning despite having a smaller team".

Yeah, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Gaius winning certainly seems very likely right now. If leo does lose I'm joining Corrin, so I can help her avenge her little bro.

Well damn. Yeah, I'll go Corrin as well if Robin doesn't pull off a last minute multiplier. I originally didn't want to participate anymore if Robin lost, but I would like the feathers, and I would like to get Gaius the fuck outta here after what happened with Freddy. xP

How much larger did Frederick seem than Gaius (saying seem due to it not being exact due to flags, etc, in case that's read wrong)? I didn't even know he was the smaller team until just now, but then I wasn't paying as much attention in that round ^.^''

I'd definitely count Leo as more of an upset, considering he is definitely the larger team. That being said, I don't see this as a popularity contest anymore, just a way to get feathers. I still found it more fun as the former, but oh well -.- 

I have to admit, though, the back and forth has been somewhat fun to watch... 

Edited by Cute Chao