Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Aw come on! You know how much I love my puns, whether they're visual or verbal.

I love you for your puns~

ArCawNite will forever be missed <3

18 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Look at how big and bountiful Tiki's melons are. Aren't you even tempted? I bet they're delicious and sweet ;) 

Um.... I'm not really tempted to do much 

First thing I'll do with her melons is feed them to Legion ;)

19 minutes ago, ruruo said:

PLUS IT'S SUMMER!! BEACH! ABS! BIKINIS! FANSERVICE!!!!  If they're going to use this ridiculous premise as an excuse for a gauntlet, I may as well make the most of it. I wouldn't get another chance until next year XD. 

I guess that's true

IF YOU HAVE CLASS YOU'LL JOIN TEAM ELISE

Wow, all the men's scores are much lower than those of the females. I didn't expect that at all. People prefer female characters too much. It's getting boring seeing females dominate these all the time, honestly. I tend to prefer male characters anyway.

Poor Frederick has the lowest score of all. Though that's not too surprising. He's the only character in this that isn't popular to some degree.

19 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Kagero is gonna win because she is a dagger user :P and also has boobs

Poor Takumi...

This would make me very sad. Takumi should be a lot popular as both a character and a unit, so I'm just going to hope you're wrong.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, all the men's scores are much lower than those of the females. I didn't expect that at all. People prefer female characters too much. It's getting boring seeing females dominate these all the time, honestly. I tend to prefer male characters anyway.

It's a gauntlet for fan service units for a game that has a male dominant fan base (there's a decent amount of female fans, but it's still less then male fans), so this is just the obvious course of action. Being suprised or upset about it seems very weird to me.

It would be a different story if an unpopular female character was beating a popular male one of course.

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It's a gauntlet for fan service units for a game that has a male dominant fan base (there's a decent amount of female fans, but it's still less then male fans), so this is just the obvious course of action. Being suprised or upset about it seems very weird to me.

It would be a different story if an unpopular female character was beating a popular male one of course.

It's not really a male dominant fanbase though. I see tons of female FE fans. I'm not saying there are more females than males, but it's certainly not as male dominated as you make it out to be. Otherwise, why would we even get fanservicey males? It's not weird being surprised at all.

I just think that like you say for Takumi, Frederick should be way more popular than he is, as a character, and probably as a unit too.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's not really a male dominant fanbase though. I see tons of female FE fans. I'm not saying there are more females than males, but it's certainly not as male dominated as you make it out to be. Otherwise, why would we even get fanservicey males?

I just think that like you say for Takumi, Frederick should be way more popular than he is, as a character, and probably as a unit too.

Might be my definition, but if about 30% of the fans is female, I still think the fan base is male dominated, since there's considerably more male characters. 30% is not an amount to ignore, but they won't be enough to win a gauntlet like this. I do understand my definition is probably not the one most people use, so I apologize for the missunderstanding.

I think the two cases are bit different though. In my case, Takumi is a pretty popular male character (he placed in the top 10 in the CYL poll), while Kagero is not that popular a female character (didn't place in the top 20 at the very least). Thus, Kagero beating Takumi would really mean to much fans just want to support a female character.

On the other hand, Freddy isn't that popular in comparison to other male characters, while all female characters in this poll are to some degree.

If you mend to say he should be more popular then them, I still disagree. Taste is subjective, so stuff like being an intresting character isn't a good argument here, and they all have a similar if not bigger role in the story of their games then Fredrick.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Might be my definition, but if about 30% of the fans is female, I still think the fan base is male dominated, since there's considerably more male characters. 30% is not an amount to ignore, but they won't be enough to win a gauntlet like this. I do understand my definition is probably not the one most people use, so I apologize for the missunderstanding.

I think the two cases are bit different though. In my case, Takumi is a pretty popular male character (he placed in the top 10 in the CYL poll), while Kagero is not that popular a female character (didn't place in the top 20 at the very least). Thus, Kagero beating Takumi would really mean to much fans just want to support a female character.

On the other hand, Freddy isn't that popular in comparison to other male characters, while all female characters in this poll are to some degree.

If you mend to say he should be more popular then them, I still disagree. Taste is subjective, so stuff like being an intresting character isn't a good argument here, and they all have a similar if not bigger role in the story of their games then Fredrick.

I didn't say more popular than any of the females here (even though I do think he's better than any of them), I said more popular than he currently is. Difference.

And why are you talking about Takumi and Kagero? I never mentioned them at all.

I'd honestly say that the female fanbase is closer to 40%.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And why are you talking about Takumi and Kagero? I never mentioned them at all.

You compared what I said about Takumi to you feeling Fredrick should be more popular, so I explained why I think the two are different cases.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't say more popular than any of the females here (even though I do think he's better than any of them), I said more popular than he currently is. Difference.

Again, you compared it to my statement about how Takumi should be more popular as a unit and a character then Kagero. (I didn't explicitly say so, but the context should have made it pretty obvious regardless). If you're comparing the two, I assume you mean Fredrick should be more popular then the female characters in this gauntlet.

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

You compared what I said about Takumi to you feeling Fredrick should be more popular, so I explained why I think the two are different cases.

Sorry, I meant that I never mentioned any comparison between Takumi and Kagero.

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Again, you compared it to my statement about how Takumi should be more popular as a unit and a character then Kagero. (I didn't explicitly say so, but the context should have made it pretty obvious regardless). If you're comparing the two, I assume you mean Fredrick should be more popular then the female characters in this gauntlet.

I think he's a better character than any of the others in this gauntlet, but again, I'm not saying he should be more popular than them. I know he's not and never will be. So saying that is just sounding like my opinion should be treated as fact.

Won't change that I'm disappointed though. I mean, I expected a female to win this, but I didn't think they all would have higher scores than the males. And I didn't think Frederick would have the lowest of all either.

I hate my tastes. Why is Ike the only popular character I like?

Edited by Anacybele

Tiki and Robin are holding pretty steady; should be an interesting round. Incidentally, my first two attempts gave me a basic score of 380 on victory before defaulting down to 100; is there anything that determines that or is it just random?

1 minute ago, DIO said:

Tiki and Robin are holding pretty steady; should be an interesting round. Incidentally, my first two attempts gave me a basic score of 380 on victory before defaulting down to 100; is there anything that determines that or is it just random?

The number of flags you use determines it, and whether you're using the unit whose team you're fighting on. And it has to be YOUR unit, not someone else's.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, DIO said:

Did your team have the multiplier during the first two attempts?

3 minutes ago, DIO said:

That's the disadvantage multiplier in play. If your team is down by more than 10%, you get a score multiplier equal to 3 + 0.1 × [hour number] where the first hour of the Gauntlet is 1 and the last hour is 40, giving a minimum multiplier of 3.2× (second hour since both sides have equal points at the start of the first hour) and a maximum multiplier of 7.0× (final hour).

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Did your team have the multiplier during the first two attempts?

It did; turns out it was because I was using the summer Tiki. Although when I just tried it with my tiki again I only got a multiple of 110. This is without using any flags; just the basic option.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's the disadvantage multiplier in play. If your team is down by more than 10%, you get a score multiplier equal to 3 + 0.1 × [hour number] where the first hour of the Gauntlet is 1 and the last hour is 40, giving a minimum multiplier of 3.2× (second hour since both sides have equal points at the start of the first hour) and a maximum multiplier of 7.0× (final hour).

Ah, wasn't aware there was such a thing. oddly enough, I recall my first match happening when Tiki was about 200 million over Robin though. Still, it was an interesting discovery.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Speaking of the multiplier, I think it should be tweaked a bit next time. It'll only activate much with lower scores. It's impossible with really high ones because of how many people are contributing to the scores at that point. 10% of 100,000 is a lot smaller than 10% of 10,000,000. It's much harder to fall behind 10% for the latter. So once the scores get higher, we're back to pretty much how previous gauntlets went, with an obvious winner, only no curbstomping.

I think the percentage required should decrease a bit over time. Not a lot though.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, DIO said:

It did; turns out it was because I was using the summer Tiki. Although when I just tried it with my tiki again I only got a multiple of 110. This is without using any flags; just the basic option.

You get a multiplier of 1.1 for using the unit of your team (so in your case, the basic score is 100, and you get 100*1.1=110 if you use Tiki (specificly the YS variant)). The difference the first time around was probably because of the multiplier Ice Dragon mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

How do you make the most of the prizes? Last time I was trying to be all over it, but ended up wasting all my flags...

I'm not to sure, but I feel using your flags during multipliers as much as possible is a good start. For instance, last gauntlet I was on Team Elise, and I managed to spend 400 flags (2x200) during each multiplier (European timezone ftw), which let to me being in the top 1k scores in my team every round, while I missed quite a lot of battles during the non-multiplier hours (even the ones where I wasn't asleep). I also ended up in about the top 2k for overall scores (the second scoring category at the very least). Of course, I had to spend some flags during none multiplier hours in the last round, because Elise just didn't have enough multipliers.

Of course, that exact strategy would not be ideal if you're on a weaker team or when you live in a different time zone. At the very least, you want to plan around being able to use as many flags as possible during a multiplier.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

At the very least, you want to plan around being able to use as many flags as possible during a multiplier.

Yeah, that's why I burned a bunch of flags when Freddy had the multiplier.

But as I said, there seems to come a point where the scores get so high that it's impossible to be behind by 10% anymore, making the multiplier redundant for probably a majority of the gauntlet, which is why I suggest that the required percentage decrease a bit over time.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

You get a multiplier of 1.1 for using the unit of your team (so in your case, the basic score is 100, and you get 100*1.1=110 if you use Tiki (specificly the YS variant)). The difference the first time around was probably because of the multiplier Ice Dragon mentioned.

I'm not to sure, but I feel using your flags during multipliers as much as possible is a good start. For instance, last gauntlet I was on Team Elise, and I managed to spend 400 flags (2x200) during each multiplier (European timezone ftw), which let to me being in the top 1k scores in my team every round, while I missed quite a lot of battles during the non-multiplier hours (even the ones where I wasn't asleep). I also ended up in about the top 2k for overall scores (the second scoring category at the very least). Of course, I had to spend some flags during none multiplier hours in the last round, because Elise just didn't have enough multipliers.

Of course, that exact strategy would not be ideal if you're on a weaker team or when you live in a different time zone. At the very least, you want to plan around being able to use as many flags as possible during a multiplier.

When are multipliers.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

When are multipliers.

I just said right above you. When a team falls 10% behind the other team, the multiplier activates. But it's impossible with very high scores, so it's flawed, imo.

Just now, Soul~! said:

When are multipliers.

When one team has a 10% lower score then their opponent for that round. It pretty much happens to every team in either the second or third hour of a round (depends on whether they are more popular or not), but after that it depends on the match up at what hours they come.