Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT:

It begins!

Yay, the tradition continues! :D

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Does anyone know if Leo or Xander has been getting more actual votes per hour?  It's been back and forth every time I've gotten to check today.  I actually got a couple multipliers this time, too.

Leo generally gets more votes than Xander on non-multiplier hours. He gets in the ~19-26 million vote range, while Xander gets ~14-22 million.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're implying I should take someone else to the lake and then stab them so Ninian can teleport over?

Seems like a perfectly acceptable solution.

26 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

Robin and Tiki are holding very steady, with Robin currently down ~117,000,000 but slowly closing the gap. I think maybe there'll be one more disadvantage bonus this match, though it's hard to say. If there is, Team Robin needs to hope that Team Tiki scores enough to give the bonus back, otherwise we probably won't have time to over take them again. 

Oddly, this would seem exciting before the bonuses as the tension of the close match would make it more interesting; but because the bonuses have been introduced, now the close match seems kind of boring since we might not see any more swings, just a slow march to an inevitable conclusion.

Tiki gets ~50-70 million per hour, and Robin gets ~60-80. Assuming the current trend continues, it looks like Robin will overtake Tiki around midnight or the early AM hours, and a multiplier is possible towards the later part of tomorrow evening. So maybe there'll be some excitement to come?

7 minutes ago, ruruo said:

tbh Legion would probably love Tiki's melons. Melons of such mass and quality can only bring joy and peace to the world.

wait wait wait wait wait. I'm getting ahead of myself...   nice try Team Tiki >_>

Who wouldn't like melons as fine and fresh as hers? It's definitely very pleasant over here, you need to join us!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ruruo said:

I'd butcher anything for some sweet melon ;)

What do you like to do with your melons?

10 minutes ago, ruruo said:

I'd lose out on Tiki's melons, but gain lots of Elise's lil'sis moe *-*

Life is indeed difficult. 

Psh "miss out"

You can always buy your own melons!

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Who wouldn't like melons as fine and fresh as hers?

I don't

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's air conditioning in my castle. I mean, Ninian's the one running the air conditioning because none of my mages can use Fimbulvetr or Valaskjalf, but that's beside the point.

I happen to be an agent for the Outrealms Out-of-this-World Adventures Agency. Shall I schedule a trip for Ninian to someplace colder? I can assure you that our prices are competitive on the interdimensional travel and tourism market. A week or two in Ilia should be just what Ninian needs to regain her vigor, or would she prefer somewhere more exotic? Silesse perhaps? Or maybe Tellius- it is friendly to dragons you know, it has a 0% degeneration rate and she'll never have to worry about losing her dragonstone because she'll just be able to take all her power inside herself. As shy as she is, I'd expect she'd want travel companions, will room and board for 5 suffice? 

8 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Psh "miss out"

I don't

Some people say the melons you grow yourself are better than the ones you buy.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I happen to be an agent for the Outrealms Out-of-this-World Adventures Agency. Shall I schedule a trip for Ninian to someplace colder? I can assure you that our prices are competitive on the interdimensional travel and tourism market. A week or two in Ilia should be just what Ninian needs to regain her vigor, or would she prefer somewhere more exotic? Silesse perhaps? Or maybe Tellius- it is friendly to dragons you know, it has a 0% degeneration rate and she'll never have to worry about losing her dragonstone because she'll just be able to take all her power inside herself. As shy as she is, I'd expect she'd want travel companions, will room and board for 5 suffice? 

I think it might be cheaper to see if I can rig my Breidhablik to reverse summon the party.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

That's actually true lol

Some people are a little less... melon-y though

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's the disadvantage multiplier in play. If your team is down by more than 10%, you get a score multiplier equal to 3 + 0.1 × [hour number] where the first hour of the Gauntlet is 1 and the last hour is 40, giving a minimum multiplier of 3.2× (second hour since both sides have equal points at the start of the first hour) and a maximum multiplier of 7.0× (final hour).

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If your team is at disadvantage (behind by 10% or more), you get a multiplier of (3 + 0.1 × [hour number]) where the first hour is hour number 1 and the last hour is hour number 40 for a minimum multiplier of 3.2× (hour number 2) and a maximum multiplier of 7× (hour number 40).

45 hours. The maximum multiplier is 7.5x.

Quick math shows that Robin will maintain the lead once she overtakes Tiki. Multipliers for either team are unlikely because the growths are so small. Conserve flags for future feathers! Or, ya know, do whatever.

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

45 hours. The maximum multiplier is 7.5x.

But 21.5 hours per day times 2 days minus 3 hours of downtime between rounds is 40 hours.

... What do you mean days are longer than 21.5 hours?

Team Melons is beating Team Fish (Robin)?

Guess I'll be joining Team Cinnamon Roll soon after al-

Oh wait Team Corn is beating Team Cinnamon Roll?

Which is the best food now?

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Team Melons is beating Team Fish (Robin)?

Guess I'll be joining Team Cinnamon Roll soon after al-

Oh wait Team Corn is beating Team Cinnamon Roll?

Which is the best food now?

Water Melons, doy:^_^:

Well, I can see the gap between Frederick and Gaius is slowly widening. We were down about 60 mil earlier, now it's about 70 mil. Come on, multiplier!

I still think we're gonna lose, but yeah...

Frederick: If we do, we fought a good fight.

Me: Indeed. Glad I've learned to be a better sport. I used to kinda be a sore loser...

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I can see the gap between Frederick and Gaius is slowly widening. We were down about 60 mil earlier, now it's about 70 mil. Come on, multiplier!

I still think we're gonna lose, but yeah...

No question.

I'm surprised how popular Gaius is.  I didn't think many people were that into him.  Maybe it has something to do with him being a much better unit in FEH than frederick, I dunno.  I went with Gaius when I realized he was going to win because he's going to lose to Leo or Xander and as I understand it, it's best to win one, lose one, then win the final one.  I'm sorry to those who care about the VG, but after they added the catchup nonsense I decided I didn't care who wins anymore.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

No question.

I'm surprised how popular Gaius is.  I didn't think many people were that into him.  Maybe it has something to do with him being a much better unit in FEH than frederick, I dunno.  I went with Gaius when I realized he was going to win because he's going to lose to Leo and as I understand it, it's best to win one, lose one, then win the final one.  I'm sorry to those who care about the VG, but after they added the catchup nonsense I decided I didn't care who wins anymore.

Gaius is popular in Japan, that's why. He ranked 4th most popular male there. Frederick got 14th...

I don't understand why Gaius is popular though. I mean, I kind of like him, but he's still rather flat and really gimmicky. Frederick's deeper, and doesn't rely on one big gimmick for his personality. He has a better design too, imo. Gaius just looks dorky to me.

EDIT: Hopefully soon, @Othin

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

No question.

I'm surprised how popular Gaius is.  I didn't think many people were that into him.  Maybe it has something to do with him being a much better unit in FEH than frederick, I dunno.  I went with Gaius when I realized he was going to win because he's going to lose to Leo or Xander and as I understand it, it's best to win one, lose one, then win the final one.  I'm sorry to those who care about the VG, but after they added the catchup nonsense I decided I didn't care who wins anymore.

I think it's the difference of Gaius being far, far more popular in Japan than Frederick is. I'm not sure if Frederick has the edge in the west over Gaius, but considering Gaius is one of the top Awakening characters in terms of popularity in Japan (so much so that he got a clone in Fates), I'm not surprised at all.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd.

Edited by Extrasolar

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Still think the multiplier is unfair?

For my part I still don't like it it all, but I've railed against it in the past several times already so I'll just leave it at that. IS apparently is content with how it is though since they made no tweaks to it this time. I'm just waiting for it to screw over the most popular team in a given gauntlet just for the outcry and salt that is guaranteed to follow. At that point, IS may have no choice but to dial it back if not remove it entirely.

50 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Slice 'em and eat 'em. What else do you do with melons?

50 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

That is also true. I can get more variety than just watermelon, even if I do love watermelon very much. 

41 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hm, now that you mentioned it, there is no definitive proof that Tiki's melons are homegrown and not store bought

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Does anyone know when to expect future multipliers in Frederick vs Gaius?

Quick math says there won't be more. Same reason as Robin vs Tiki; too small of gains to get that big of a percentage lead.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't understand why Gaius is popular though. I mean, I kind of like him, but he's still rather flat and really gimmicky. Frederick's deeper, and doesn't rely on one big gimmick for his personality. He has a better design too, imo. Gaius just looks dorky to me.

My thoughts exactly. I did like his support with Maribelle though, since it had nothing to do with candy. Lately, it feels like they've been focusing too much on pebbles for Frederick though, wish they'd stop being so lazy.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For my part I still don't like it it all, but I've railed against it in the past several times already so I'll just leave it at that. IS apparently is content with how it is though since they made no tweaks to it this time. I'm just waiting for it to screw over the most popular team in a given gauntlet just for the outcry and salt that is guaranteed to follow. At that point, IS may have no choice but to dial it back if not remove it entirely.

So you'd rather have every gauntlet be a bunch of curbstomps with no excitement? Honestly, the first two were awful because there were obvious winners and landslide wins. It's no fun that way.

Sure, you could just "put popular characters with popular characters" and "unpopular characters with unpopular characters" but at the end of the day, even with popular characters, winners are obvious a lot.

The multiplier makes things more fun.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Still think the multiplier is unfair?

I wouldn't say unfair. It's just stupid. It completely contradicts the purpose of the voting gauntlet. Even though there hasn't been a major upset yet, it will definitely happen eventually. Pris almost won the last gauntlet because of it and Robin most likely would have won against Tharja with the current system.

It also totally screws over the total ranking of people on the most popular teams. The entire Top 1000 is going to be people who started on Team Elise. Elise has gotten 8 bonus hours already and will probably finish with 10, maybe 11, of them.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the voting gauntlet for what it is. The multiplier makes it fun to predict and plan for maximum score gains, but it just shouldn't be called a Voting Gauntlet. They should change the name to Battle Gauntlet instead. If it were simply called Battle Gauntlet, I would actually look forward to an upset.