Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

6 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

And when Leo wins, I'll laugh my butt off!

Ahahahah!

Please do, I joined Gaius to lose, but Fred already failed at that and now maybe Leo.... THE Leo against Gaius.... as if I needed another reason to not take these gauntlets seriously.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

I am... Also the poll is Public so you can click on the little people icon next to the options on the polls which display the number of people who voted and see which members voted there currently 32 members are on that team (more likely because of the new round) just not all of them are actively participating in this thread. 

I see... Well, I feel a little less alone.

42 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'd prefer it if you had a lead that wasn't red, personally.

Don't worry, leads been changed to Gronnblade Cecilia. If anyone has problems with that, just let me know too. :/

It's it's kind of funny, it's the second gauntlet with the modified multiplier but it seems a lot more meaningful than the first. We already had one upset with the least popular winning in the first round, and we might have both semi matches end with an upset as well. Honestly, I wonder how people who joined Team Gaius only for feathers and expected to lose feel.

Edited by SageOfAnys

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Freddy will win next time he's in a gauntlet! At least one round, anyway! I believe it! :P

Heh cavalry voting gauntlet will be one heck of a banner to pull from

Imagine team Reinhardt with just all Reinhardts all the time LOL

17 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Who else is on Team Corrin here? It seems like most people here are either Leo or Robin.

Team Corrin here

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Annas seem to be quite common in gauntlets. My opposing teams usually have an Anna or two. I also get ally Annas quite often. 

Anna is by default in the first slot of your first team. Anyone who played for a day and then quit will have an Anna as their lead.

Just now, Oboro! said:

If that happens I'm just going to run Julia. She's gonna have an absolute field day.

26 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oboro [+ATK/-SPD]

Reveal hidden contents

40 HP / 49 ATK / 26 SPD / 38 DEF / 27 RES
Weapon: Killer Lance+
Assist: Reposition
Special: Bonfire
Passive A: Fury 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte 3
Passive C: Threaten Res 2

Celica [+ATK/-SPD]

Reveal hidden contents

39 HP / 54 ATK / 35 SPD / 17 DEF / 17 RES
Weapon: Ragnarok
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura
Passive A: Life and Death 3
Passive B: Desperation 3
Passive C: Hone Spd 3

Nino [+ATK/-DEF]

Reveal hidden contents

33 HP / 53 ATK / 39 SPD / 19 DEF / 29 RES
Weapon: Gronnblade+
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura
Passive A: Fury 3
Passive B: Desperation 3
Passive C: Hone Atk 3
Sacred Seal: Attack +1

What team are you on again?

"Corrin"

I prefer "team doesn't really give a shit and wants feathers"

3 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Oh man, unless I have a Brave Axe+ on my Freddy by that time, I hope not. xP

Cav gauntlet should be:

Freddy, Stahl, Abel, Cain, Mathilda, Titania, Sully, and Peri.

Round 1: Freddy vs Stahl, Abel vs Cain, Mathilda vs Titania, Sully vs Peri

Round 2: Freddy vs Abel, Titania vs Sully

My prediction is that the final would be Freddy vs Titania. Titania seems popular, and Frederick already almost beat a popular character, he's not unpopular, plus he's from one of the most popular games (Peri is from one too, but she's pretty hated as far as I can see).

Winner: I'm leaning towards Titania. Because she's female... xP

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Who else is on Team Corrin here? It seems like most people here are either Leo or Robin.

Yo! Alexmender from Team Corrin reporting! It seems Team Robin got a lead on us thanks to the multiplier but I'm sure we're going to overtake soon!

13 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Interesting how two trackers from Reddit project either Gaius or Leo as the winner atm. I'll be waiting patiently for the bonus for Gaius, but if the "Gaius wins" prediction is correct, I'll laugh my ass off. Go go Gaius! You deserve the win, ahahahaha.

Gaius is projected to win?? ahh...what is this gauntlet coming to XD. I should study those charts more carefully that just look for when multipliers will appear haha. 

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Please do, I joined Gaius to lose, but Fred already failed at that and now maybe Leo.... THE Leo against Gaius.... as if I needed another reason to not take these gauntlets seriously.

I feel for you since I joined Robin to lose too, and she's being projected to win over Corrin lol. I swear if the winners are Gaius and Robin for this round... what has the gauntlet come to x'D If Gaius pulls a win and Robin looses, I'd have to join him out of sheer respect.  

Anyways Team Robin: I got to sleep. Will be keeping S!Freddy lead over night. May he serve you guys well. Any complaints on and I'll hear them out in the morning. Zzzzzz ~

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Yo! Alexmender from Team Corrin reporting! It seems Team Robin got a lead on us thanks to the multiplier but I'm sure we're going to overtake soon!

Please beat us. I need to be free for next round :'( !!

21 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Don't worry, leads been changed to Gronnblade Cecilia. If anyone has problems with that, just let me know too. :/

Oooh yep, that's definitely better.

Maybe I should do my matches with Xander from now on for a free +18 to your Cecilia. Hmm.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If Gaius wins, I'm really going to want to stomp him, regardless of who out of Robin and Corrin is his opponent. xP

I'll join his opponent out of spite.  In the past when I lost, I was fine with it, since I was beaten fair and square, but I'll be pissed if Gaius has half our support but only wins because of the multiplier.  He'll move into Sanaki territory.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll join his opponent out of spite.  In the past when I lost, I was fine with it, since I was beaten fair and square, but I'll be pissed if Gaius has half our support but only wins because of the multiplier.  He'll move into Sanaki territory.

What's wrong with Sanaki?

yeah this is a lot more inteeresting than the healer's gauntlet that's for sure

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For me, it's more in good fun and I'm not seriously mad or anything, but I wouldn't blame you for being annoyed. :P Gaius is only where he is because he happened to get a multiplier at the right time. Frederick would be battling Leo instead otherwise and I'd still be fighting for my knight. My love in Awakening!

But as I said, next time! I'm certain Freddy will be in a cav gauntlet! Or SOME other gauntlet. Maybe retainers! (though that could easily just be made up of Fates retainers)

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What's wrong with Sanaki?

ze4BLF1.png?1

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

For me, it's more in good fun and I'm not seriously mad or anything, but I wouldn't blame you for being annoyed. :P Gaius is only where he is because he happened to get a multiplier at the right time. Frederick would be battling Leo instead otherwise and I'd still be fighting for my knight. My love in Awakening!

But as I said, next time! I'm certain Freddy will be in a cav gauntlet! Or SOME other gauntlet. Maybe retainers! (though that could easily just be made up of Fates retainers)

I thought the multiplier was a bad idea, even when it worked in my favor.  I like the close matches, but this is just a big Spiky Blue Shell thrown into the mix.

Edited by Rezzy

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I thought the multiplier was a bad idea, even when it worked in my favor.  I like the close matches, but this is just a big Spiky Blue Shell thrown into the mix.

I thought it was a good idea, I just don't think calling this a Voting Gauntlet was a good idea. You're never actually voting. It's a battle tourney with a scoring system.

Without the multiplier, every match would have an obvious winner quickly and we'd have just as many curbstomps as we did in the first two. That was just SO boring.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Cav gauntlet should be:

Freddy, Stahl, Abel, Cain, Mathilda, Titania, Sully, and Peri.

Well Titania, Abel and Cain are will get roflstomped immediately.

Mathilda probably too.

I'd honestly rather keep the gauntlets like this, so they'll at least be close and interesting.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

Well Titania, Abel and Cain are will get roflstomped immediately.

Mathilda probably too.

I'd honestly rather keep the gauntlets like this, so they'll at least be close and interesting.

I disagree. Abel and Cain, maybe, but Titania has a good fanbase from what I've seen.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Abel and Cain, maybe, but Titania has a good fanbase from what I've seen.

Tellius is unpopular in Japan, especially in comparison to Awakening/Fates. And it's not all that popular here. A ton of people didn't even play the Tellius games at all. I doubt she'd get anywhere close to the numbers of the Awakening/Fates characters.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

Tellius is unpopular in Japan, especially in comparison to Awakening/Fates. And it's not all that popular here. A ton of people didn't even play the Tellius games at all. I doubt she'd get anywhere close to the numbers of the Awakening/Fates characters.

Tellius is popular among the FE fans in general though. And it not selling well hasn't stopped Ike or Micaiah from being popular. Or Mia. Or Nephenee.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought it was a good idea, I just don't think calling this a Voting Gauntlet was a good idea. You're never actually voting. It's a battle tourney with a scoring system.

Without the multiplier, every match would have an obvious winner quickly and we'd have just as many curbstomps as we did in the first two. That was just SO boring.

We had close matches before, like Chrom vs Ephraim.  Then everyone thought Lissa would win, but Priscilla ended up winning that match.  Now the multiplier does prevent the clear favorite from winning, it just screws over close matches.