Unique Player Phase Stances

MajoraIkana

I didn't see any other threads about this topic but I was wondering if anyone could help me catalog all the different unique "Player Phase" stances that certain heroes have. Such as Masked Lucina/"Marth" or how Ike copies most Axe Users with his own stance, holding Ragnell over his shoulder. Also I noticed that Tobin raises his fist to the air, akin to his victory pose in Echoes, which is also unique to the usual palm stance. It is worth noting that certain Katana wielding/Myrmidon units hold their blades like Samurai aren't necessarily unique, such as Lon'qu or Navarre. I'll share some examples that I snagged from the internet, I don't currently have means to upload my own screenshots... Nor do I even have Ike. I cri.

MaskedLucinaPlayerPhaseStance.png

Lon'qu Player Phase Stance.png

IkePlayerPhaseStance.png

1 hour ago, MajoraIkana said:

It is worth noting that certain Katana wielding/Myrmidon units hold their blades like Samurai aren't necessarily unique, such as Lon'qu or Navarre. 

Lon'qu Player Phase Stance.png

Athena also wields her sword like this, unlike Lyn/Fir. Lloyd also does this.

Saber also has his sword on his shoulder like Ike, but instead has his other hand stretched out like normal sword infantry.

I'll upload pics later.

edit: Also while I don't have him, Summer Leo's free hand is shielding his eyes from the sun (I noticed while I was in Team Leo in the Voting Gauntlet)

Edited by mcsilas

25 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Alm's is based on his map sprite in echoes.

Celica's is her victory pose in echoes 

IMG_4100.PNG

Thank you, I heard about Alm's pose but I never got him and haven't had a chance to see him in that stance.

37 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Athena also wields her sword like this, unlike Lyn/Fir. Lloyd also does this.

Saber also has his sword on his shoulder like Ike, but instead has his other hand stretched out like normal sword infantry.

I'll upload pics later.

edit: Also while I don't have him, Summer Leo's free hand is shielding his eyes from the sun (I noticed while I was in Team Leo in the Voting Gauntlet)

Thank you, I almost wish Saber stuck his sword in the ground and leaned on it like he usually does... as for S!Leo, that's pretty great, I don't have any event units and I was team Xander so I haven't seen Leo yet.

Also I guess it counts, but Felicia, Jakob and Summer Frederick are all unique from the other dagger users.

Felicia because she's the only maid.

Jakob and Summer Frederick are similar but obviously Frederick is holding a bag while Jakob's hand position is more butler-like.

My units:

Sword out, arm outstretched: Alfonse, Marth, Ogma, Fir, Chrom, Corrin (M), Ryoma, Hinata, Hana, Laslow, Selena

Lance planted, shield arm held: Sharena, Lukas, Donnel, Oboro

Axe over shoulder: Anna, Barst, Legion, Bartre, Hector (?), Raven, Hawkeye, Arthur

Blade to the ground (cavalry): Jagen, Abel, Camus, Berkut, Eldigan, Clarine, Eliwood, Priscilla, Titania, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Gunter, Xander

Crouched blade (armour): Draug, Gwendolyn, Zephiel, Effie

Does-not-know-how-to-nock-a-bow: Gordin, Clarisse, Klein, Rebecca, Virion, Setsuna, Niles

Levelled blade (pegasus): Caeda, Palla, Catria, Est, Clair, Shanna, Florina, Cordelia, Subaki

Hand-over-heart (tome): Bridal Caeda

Hand outstretched (tome): Linde, Merric, Mae, Delthea, Sonya, Lilina, Raigh, Sophia, Nino, Robin (both), Henry, Tharja, Odin

Readied axe (wyvern): Michalis, Narcian, Cherche, Beruka

Planted staff: Maria, Wrys, Lachesis, Serra, Lissa, Azama, Sakura

Sword-over-face: Navarre, Lloyd, Lon'qu

Sword-over-face (aloft): Alm

Sword out, arm aloft: Tobin

Tome out (cavalry): Reinhardt, Cecilia, Ursula

Dragonstone aloft: Fae, Tiki (A), Nowi, Corrin (F)

Dagger Kneel: Matthew, Gaius, Saizo, Kagero

Sword-over-face (dainty): Olivia, L!Marth (?)

Dagger-to-ground (front): Felicia

Dagger-to-ground (back): Jakob

(This is, of course, limited to units I have.)

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Axe over shoulder: Hector (?)

Hmm, iirc, Sheena uses the pose the other Armors do instead of Hector's, so Hector is technically unique, as a reference to how his status as an Armor unit is wacky.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hmm, iirc, Sheena uses the pose the other Armors do instead of Hector's, so Hector is technically unique, as a reference to how his status as an Armor unit is wacky.

His forward leg also looks different than, say, Barst's. The (?) ones are ones that look similar, but are probably different when directly compared.

(Wish I had a Sheena. Don't know why.)

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

His forward leg also looks different than, say, Barst's. The (?) ones are ones that look similar, but are probably different when directly compared.

(Wish I had a Sheena. Don't know why.)

Oh, looks like I was wrong, Sheena does use Hector's pose. So it's not unique lol!

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, looks like I was wrong, Sheena does use Hector's pose. So it's not unique lol!

Googles "Sheena pose Heroes": gets artwork.

Googles "Sheena pose Heroes chibi": gets Tales of Symphonia Sheena.

Do we have a resource of these things?

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Googles "Sheena pose Heroes": gets artwork.

Googles "Sheena pose Heroes chibi": gets Tales of Symphonia Sheena.

Do we have a resource of these things?

I don't think so. The sprites are stored in the game in one piece. Perhaps something will pop up now that we have the Hero Catalogue.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't think so. The sprites are stored in the game in one piece. Perhaps something will pop up now that we have the Hero Catalogue.

Which is what I was using to see mine. Less stamina intensive, and I could see Heroes like Reinhardt I no longer own.

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Takumi staunches to the front and points his arrow downward , a pose no other archer share. Bridelia also have unique stance where she points her arrow upwards, opposite of Takumi. All archers cross their hands and bow instead. 

takumi cheeb.PNG

Proof of Takumi's superiority over other archers: he knows how to nock a bow!

All of the seasonal units I've pulled have unique poses, I'm guessing that the rest of them do as well.

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Proof of Takumi's superiority over other archers: he knows how to nock a bow!

A lot of archers also draw their bows incorrectly in their art, too.

Katarina's ready stance is similar to bride Caeda's from what I remember. Also, not a ready stance, but when standing idly, summer Elise holds her tome higher up than the other mages who hold their tomes by the spine. So, she not only has a unique ready stance -- she stands more upright and compared to the other mages who put most of their weight on their back leg --, but also a unique idle .

Edited by Kaden

Summer!Leo shielding his eyes from the sun is the whole reason I want him but he doesn't want to come

I dunno if it counts, but Oboro makes her "demon faces" while getting her position, like she have it while she moves, but return to normal face after get her normal stance

9 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Does-not-know-how-to-nock-a-bow: Gordin, Clarisse, Klein, Rebecca, Virion, Setsuna, Niles

I'm not seeing how that pose is wrong. The arrow is nocked and pointed at the opponent while holding the bow down. When the bow arm is raised, the arrow naturally goes to where it needs to be from that position.

That said, the arrow ends up on the left side of the bow (which is how you normally shoot) if you do it that way and not the right side of the bow (which is where it is depicted in the sprite).

Of random note, Faye, Rebecca, Virion, and Niles are the only archers shown to hold the arrow on the left side of the bow in their artwork. All other archers hold the arrow on the right.

Also, you nock arrows, not bows.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Katarina's ready stance is similar to bride Caeda's from what I remember. Also, not a ready stance, but when standing idly, summer Elise holds her tome higher up than the other mages who hold their tomes by the spine. So, she not only has a unique ready stance -- she stands more upright and compared to the other mages who put most of their weight on their back leg --, but also a unique idle .

Ya

I don't have bride Caeda but I have Katarina

It looks like she's rubbing her tits if you look at it long enough though

I don't have her, but i saw a bunch of her during the gauntlet: Summer Corrin raises her arm  and has a smile in her idle/selected pose, something the other wyverns dont do, even if technically Summer Leo also raises his arm (he frowns tho)